PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? (Milla hunt)

DPShiro
May 25, 2009, 05:01 AM
For the past 3 days i have started to seriously hunt for a Milla on Sakura Blast, and after following the charts from psupedia, i still haven't gotten a single Jigo Booma to spawn, and i have now done 30+ runs with the correct spawn.

Is the rare map so hard to get?
To you that hunted Milla, how many rare spawn did you get a day?

Maybe i am just doing something wrong? :(

Arada
May 25, 2009, 05:09 AM
I get around 1 rare map per hour.

But I have to warn that even when you get a rare spawn, chances remain really slim. I mean I must have killed around 250-300 Jigo Boomas now and still no Milla.

DPShiro
May 25, 2009, 05:19 AM
Ok, then i MUST be doing something wrong, like reading the charts upsidedown :)
Yea, i am aware of the slim drop rate, but at least if a get a jigo booma to spawn, i have a chance :)

Any idea to hunt at Hill of Spores instead?

darkante
May 25, 2009, 05:35 AM
Unless you have no other goals, i would pass on that for now.
Iīve done that millions of time and only gotten cactuair chairs.
Done both Sakura and Hill of spores.

Which reminds me of a certain fruitless Love Inferno hunt not to long ago which made me much more dedicated then i ever been in a long time. So donīt be suprised if it takes months for you to get one.

DPShiro
May 25, 2009, 05:42 AM
Just got so sick of the event so i had to do something different, this is also one of the few things i am missing. (adahna unit i cant get anymore so)

And i understand it a very very hard drop, but at least i have to try before giving up :)

But just before i was typing this, i finally got some jigos to spawn, yay! of course a bunch of chairs, but at least i found them.

yea, that love inferno....i didn't find it this year either, and i took a couple of days of work just to spam for it :(
but i never really like how it looks anyway, so the adahna deghana cannon is my target now!

goldbrease
May 25, 2009, 06:12 AM
are you running the mission straight threw or are you fallowing the clues and reseting if it doesn't match to the rare map? it will take you a much longer time if you run straight to the end every time.

DPShiro
May 25, 2009, 06:27 AM
are you running the mission straight threw or are you fallowing the clues and reseting if it doesn't match to the rare map? it will take you a much longer time if you run straight to the end every time.

i abort if its not the correct spawn of course :)
i also skip every enemy that can be skipped.

the only thing slowing me down is that i am leveling bullets at the same time

darthplagis
May 25, 2009, 09:40 AM
i hope you are going with 1 or 2* luck not 3*

the higher % drop and better chances of RED items from 3* INCREASE the cactachair drops as they are the special drop (like carriguine blades and bil de horns), you want as little luck as possible on rare critters to get the better stuff.

ive tested it and so far it works, ive had TONS of nei claws and shato from jiggo boomas.......... i keep getting screwed for the rare map on SB so i aint tested it on S2 for milla just yet but i imagine its gonna be the same.

Warlock01
May 25, 2009, 10:11 AM
im gonna start hunting myself soon, whats the exact route? i cant make heads or tails of psupedia guides.

DPShiro
May 25, 2009, 10:16 AM
i hope you are going with 1 or 2* luck not 3*

the higher % drop and better chances of RED items from 3* INCREASE the cactachair drops as they are the special drop (like carriguine blades and bil de horns), you want as little luck as possible on rare critters to get the better stuff.

ive tested it and so far it works, ive had TONS of nei claws and shato from jiggo boomas.......... i keep getting screwed for the rare map on SB so i aint tested it on S2 for milla just yet but i imagine its gonna be the same.

This sounds very interesting!
Ill try that out, thanks :)

GrimJaw_Jaggerjack
May 25, 2009, 02:44 PM
You're just having bad luck is all... my Milla hunt was thankfully short. Took me only 5 rare map spawns.. and the 18th jigobooma dropped the Milla :D.. considering people have killed over 200 jigoboomas with no Milla this is a crazy drop to get.

darkante
May 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
I congratulate you with your mad luck.
I wish i had some sometimes...oh wait.

2 runs for 2 L/KK when it first appeared on the server.
Thatīs something i guess..but they are all gone now. D:

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 09:57 AM
Maybe I'll try for a Milla - I had a goal of trying Magashi Plan B for a har / quick, and got it on my first run. Am I correct in hearing that the Guld will be available as a drop at a later time also? Or is it one of those things that if you didn't get one during the event, you're SOL? (I know I need one still, so I'm hoping it's the former.)

Turb0
May 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe I'll try for a Milla - I had a goal of trying Magashi Plan B for a har / quick, and got it on my first run. Am I correct in hearing that the Guld will be available as a drop at a later time also? Or is it one of those things that if you didn't get one during the event, you're SOL? (I know I need one still, so I'm hoping it's the former.)

Well I thought you could get a guld again in this (http://psupedia.info/2nd_Anniversary_Thanks_Festa) but I don't see it on the drop charts. Maybe I'm overlooking it or just remembering wrong.

fay
May 26, 2009, 10:45 AM
do any of you know any more clues to the right spawn. all i know is getting the first spawn on block one right then its a total gamble. there must be some other clue about?

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 10:52 AM
I checked the Psupedia site after posting my thing, and it looks like this and firebreak were the only times that the fire gol dovas appear, meaning this is the only chance for a guld.

Anyone happen to know the going rate on them on the PC servers about now? And any way I could talk someone into holding me one (if they managed to get 2) until I can hunt up either the money to buy it, something to offer in trade, or even possibly hunting them up a milla in exchange? I don't mind working for my pay, but if they're hard to get, I only hope someone doesn't mind waiting for me to actually get one as a drop to give to them in exchange (and they'll get the first drop, since I plan on hunting one down for myself, also).

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 26, 2009, 10:53 AM
I get around 1 rare map per hour.

...How do you go about doing this? I got a rare map yesterday and it was the first one I've had in literally months.

Ceresa
May 26, 2009, 11:00 AM
It drops in the δ mission of Thanks Festa 2. The final non-optional block is identical to the 3rd block of Roar of Flames.

Although Darbelans replace the Goldovas if you get rare map.

Nika
May 26, 2009, 11:19 AM
I hope that the next event is coming soon so that I will know if it will really be easier to hunt or not.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2130997&postcount=2
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2285536&postcount=64
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2287364&postcount=72

OldCoot
May 26, 2009, 11:49 AM
do any of you know any more clues to the right spawn. all i know is getting the first spawn on block one right then its a total gamble. there must be some other clue about?

I don't think there is any clues to improve chances of the rare boomas on block 4. I was thinking along the same lines as you being I got the right spawns in all blocks and still no special boomas. This morning following the same path they appeared and I just figure that even if someone has the right maps, the critters only want to show maybe 25% of the time.

Today I got 3 chairs and an Ash soul from them with 3 star.

fay
May 26, 2009, 12:07 PM
i noticed on the pedia that it says there is a rumor of an extra lantern about.
i think everyone hunting this should team up and record wither they find this to be true or not. it would certainly help

darthplagis
May 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
yeah 9i tried counting the lanterns....... with NO luck :( i think it was just a crazy rumor back when the mission was 1st released......... ah the good old days

LuigiMario
May 27, 2009, 08:17 AM
All this for some silly handgun. Silly how the most rare item is a handgun for females only.

stukasa
May 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
All this for some silly handgun. Silly how the most rare item is a handgun for females only.
I think most people want it to trade for Guld & Milla.

darkante
May 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
I think most people want it to trade for Guld & Milla.

Only reason i would bother hunting it.
How many people like a plain handgun?

Obviously ST thought this through considering that the Gunmaster class is capable of using Guld & Milla. I bet thatīs why they bother making it a hard item to get in the first place.

fay
May 27, 2009, 01:17 PM
well, once the next event is out a lot of people will have them so its wont be an uber rare anymore. just a rare