PDA

View Full Version : Wanna know how everyone gets so much rare stuff?

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:09 AM
It's simple, they dupe items. Anyone with a Dreamcast and an email address can dupe items in PSO. All (edit: ok not ALL but some, mostly ones with trade lists the size of Tokyo) of these "legit" traders that pretend to trade items at the right times to trade them for more later etc are full of it. They dupe and they know it. All of them. No one can trade enough to aquire one of almost every rare item in the game without duping. It just doesn't happen. Everytime they trade for a new item, they back it up with email and trade it again later if they need to. This is how such large collections are made.

Remember when the Twin Brand was rare? It's sure not anymore. Seems everyone has one. Most have the 0% 30% 35% 10% one to be exact - it's no coincidence! It's about to happen to the Egg Blaster, and as soon as someone finds the Del Saber left arm and Gladiator Spike etc it will happen to those too.

PSO just caters to duping. It was an oversight by Sega, and I'm guessing it's too late to be fixed. I guess it's just a part of the game now. It's best everyone knows this.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ben1234 on 2001-03-02 23:29 ]</font>

gameaddict9
Mar 3, 2001, 02:23 AM
DUDE, you went a little far by calling all of the PSO traders dupers. Not all of them dupe, some people just have the good ID's and find this stuff a lot, and also some trade well. I've done some really good trades. There are stupid people out there, that dont know how good some things are, and you take advantage of that =). Just saying, you went a little far when saying everybody was a duper that was a trader. I consider myself a amateur trader, and I sure as hell dont dupe. I barely got anything, but have found some people that are just really into a certain itme cuz it looks cool, and will give up a lot for it. Think before you type dude, now everybody is a duper

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:28 AM
no not all traders.. I'm talking about ones with lists like this:

http://tomeeboy.com/pso/viewtopic.php?topic=2055&forum=2

there are some decent traders, but anyone with this level of items is OBVIOUSLY duping

Xria
Mar 3, 2001, 02:30 AM
Ben you've figured it out and you get a cookie.
Yep, it's too late to fix it, and Yep, most of the big traders ARE dupers. You are correct when you say that twin brands are now too common, along with about every other 11 star wep found so far. Once the newer rares get into the hands of a single duper, everyone will have one.

Just to correct you on one minor thing, there are a few of us that have attained huge collections because of duping, but its not because we dupe. Its because the dupers we traded with gave huge offers for our items. The reason they give 3 or 4 things for a single item is because they don't actually lose the items they are trading, and once they get the new item they can dupe an unlimited supply of it as well.

Very few are like me, who have come into their collection because of overgenerous dupers, but yes, most do dupe.

And it's a damn shame because the item trade is ruined.

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:34 AM
Anoter thing, I don't think these dupers are really at fault here. If anyone is to blaim for the current state of trading in PSO, it's Sega / Sonic Team. If they had server-side saving a la Everquest, we wouldn't be in this situation.

ScaraB
Mar 3, 2001, 02:38 AM
Um, if you're just figuring this out now, I must say you're a little behind the times.

Xria
Mar 3, 2001, 02:38 AM
And on a side note I recieved that exact same twin brand from one of the more obvious dupers on this board.....actually, I can name about 3 dupers on this board that I know for a fact dupe, but I have traded with them before so it wouldn't be right for me to accuse them at this point.

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:40 AM
I didn't just figure it out.

I noticed a few folks on this forum asking some of the big traders how they got their collections so large. I figured I would post the truth for those that don't know it.

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:44 AM
here's one of these such situations:

<b/>Morphix asks[/b]: Dumb question, how did you get so much stuff? I mean you just traded away alot of it yet here it is all again. I wish I could play on your games, I never get anything worth a dam on my own.

Guardian answers: One player can never get very much on his/her own. The game, with its section IDs, is designed that way. You can however make good trades (e.g., give a double saber, get a s-beat blades + 4 slot parasite as a recent example). One key is to constantly watch for high demand items (currently egg blaster, holy ray, spread needle, and a couple others) and jump on them if the asking price is good. I traded for two more egg blasters last night

I really need an extended wallet, as I can barely replenish traded items simply because my char inv and bank are both filled to the item limit...

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:46 AM
Translation: One player can never get very much on his/her own. The game, with its section IDs, is designed that way. You can however dupe items if you have an email address and another VMU. I duped two more egg blasters last night

I really need an extended wallet, as I can barely replenish duped items simply because my char inv and bank are both filled to the item limit...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ben1234 on 2001-03-02 23:51 ]</font>

ben1234
Mar 3, 2001, 02:48 AM
And please don't let this seem like a flame towards Guardian, because I don't intend for it to be. I'm just using this person as an example.

Xria
Mar 3, 2001, 02:52 AM
Well if gaurdian doesn't dupe, then most the people he trades with does. Who would give those 2 things for a double saber? A duper.

Whether you dupe or not, it doesn't really matter, you'll still come into a lot of items because of dupers.

Benn
Mar 3, 2001, 03:14 PM
I just think that it is not fair to blame this duping problem on Sega. They made a great game here, and yet people complain about it being not perfect. It's not fair. It's us gamers fault. If we play the game the way they are designed for, then there will be no or less problem. But becuase of people who try to get around things... they look for that little tiny bug in the game and make the worst out of it.

purhaze
Mar 3, 2001, 03:44 PM
yep ive seen alot of dubers, i was surprised when i traded 1 photon claw and a double saber for 2 chain sawds, twin brand, stag cutlery and a few other items i just thought he was an idiot then i found out nope duber, lol chain sawds were identical and i found that almost every one i know with a twin brand has the same one i do. I'm just hoping PSO2 will have server side saveing or assign each item an ID # and if more than one # appears they both self delete