PDA

View Full Version : Yohmei, Harbringer of Deforestation.

Dymalos
May 25, 2009, 05:39 PM
Why do some Yohmei weapons, most notably the Gekitsnata, Raikasobra and Okanoh require 2x the number of Walnas when compared to the other equivalent star weapons from other manufacturers in the same weapon type? This makes synthing them especially ineconomic. Neu Walna is about 150,000 at current 360 Market prices, synthing these 10* weapons is like pissing away 900,000 Meseta considering the likelihood you'll have anything worth keeping or selling in the end.

It doesn't bother me too much considering I'll probably encounter 120,901,951 Neu Walnas as I hunt for Milla, but it is certainly peculiar.

LionHeart-
May 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
If the weapons didn't drop as frequency as they do then the materials for them to be made can be quite resonable. But seeing how most of them drop like raindrops from the sky then we have a problem.

But yeah I do agree where your coming from and they do require more then they should to. 150k? Thats cheap as chips compared to here, its like 400 - and above due to not dropping as much as the other walnas and most weapons from the event require them.

Wondering what are your prices on the other materials? On our version these are what they are now roughly, they go up and down all day, so its hard to put a proper price on them.

Catilium - 80k - 100k - 200k
Par Walna - 80k - 100k - 200k
Mot Walna - 80k - 100k - 200k
Goldania - 150k - 200k - 300k
Morbinia - 250k - 300k- 400k
Diad - 1mil - 1.5mil - 2mil
Relic Edges - 200k - 300k - 400k

These are what they have been for awhile but today the prices seemed to have gone up abit due to people buying alot of materials. Though after the event, coming up to the rewards, during and after the prices are probably go insane O_O;...

Dymalos
May 25, 2009, 06:17 PM
Well I'm not able to check the up to date prices but from what I remember from yesterday.

Catilium at ~60k
Par Walna at ~80k
Mot Walna at ~50k
Goldania at ~90k
Morbinia at ~200k
Diads were ~500k
Relic Edges at ~150k

As we enter the middle of the week the prices tend to rise about ~10-15% and everything becomes cheapest on Saturday and Sunday.

Also there is basically no reason for these 10* Yohmei weapons to take 1 more Walna than the 11*'s made by other manufacturers. You could make an argument that they're special because there are normally no Yohmei products in those weapon types at S Rank, but the Rifle and Laser Cannon Yohmei 10* weapons also follow this pattern as well, but only require 3 Walnas.

Heh, I guess I'm the fool for trying to find the logic behind the thought process of a wholeheartedly illogical entity.

that cast named kai
May 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
the reason for the rise in walna cost i would guess is due to them being the one of the aoti 'out of place' s-ranks, you know the set of items that seems to not follow the trend of a predominate s-ranks from the other 'companies', not sure why it is that way, but it seems that it might be a hidden penalty towards them or something since i does not follow the preferred trend for that type of weapon.

if you are strapped for walnas, it might be best to just hunt for them outside of the event missions, sakura blast S or S2 tend to yield a good sizable amount through out the run by 'tree farming'

Dymalos
May 26, 2009, 12:35 AM
I'm aware of that line of reasoning, but why then do the Yohmei 10* Rifle and Laser Cannon not require 6 Walnas as well? It's simply inconsistent and has no rhyme or reason.

Zyrusticae
May 26, 2009, 12:41 AM
FYI, it's "Harbinger", not "Harbringer". Easy mistake to make, I know.

As for the logic of their odd walna costs, it could simply be limited to melee weapons... Hm, yeah, I think that's it. You're going to remake melee weapons many times, whereas the ranged weapons you're only going to make once (for however many of that type you want).

Tetsaru
May 26, 2009, 04:30 AM
Heh, kinda ironic how some of Neudaiz's first missions were in areas where they were trying to conserve their forests... o_o;

But yeah, it IS rather retarded that those weapons require more wood to make... yet another reason for me to hate PSU's synthing system. =/

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
Maybe it goes back to the whole Japanese philosophy that making a sword is a spiritual experience, and some of their wooden training weapons underwent rigorous rituals in order to have the best performance possible, like they need more wood because they only use the "holiest" of pieces or fragments from each piece. I know the description for the Repca says about how it's based off of ancient Neudaiz weaponry (which proves that asians are space elves).

I dunno, that's just my thought on it. Maybe it's only on those few melee weapons and not the guns because a gun is "not a spiritual weapon" or something along those lines. I can easily see the spear falling into that category, possibly the axe also (I'm not too up-to-date on my Feudal Japan legendary soldiers / heroes / etc.), and no idea about a double-bladed sword or anything like that.

Ruru
May 27, 2009, 02:10 PM
i'm not positive atm but i could have sworn all 2 handed melee weapons took more mats to synth than single handed ones. its not just yohmei.

Neith
May 27, 2009, 02:27 PM
i'm not positive atm but i could have sworn all 2 handed melee weapons took more mats to synth than single handed ones. its not just yohmei.

Nope, the weapons mentioned in this thread take more than normal. Gekitsnata for example takes more materials to synthesize than a Mugunruk, despite them both being 10* spears. Also, one-handed and two-handed weapons take the same amount of materials to synthesize. The only real difference is the Metal you use.

Ruru
May 27, 2009, 02:34 PM
i see. that's pretty odd then. @.@

Zarode
May 27, 2009, 02:36 PM
You guys must be pretty bored with this game if you have to complain about all the mundane shit...

Dymalos
May 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
I guess you're right, it's not like pointing this out will ever get Sega to patch it. I don't think the game is even capable of being patched because of the PS2 version which requires no HDD. Heck what MMOG do you know of wouldn't have fixed a glaring typo like NeL Soul in the next update following someone pointing it out?

Kazemi
May 27, 2009, 05:22 PM
I guess you're right, it's not like pointing this out will ever get Sega to patch it. I don't think the game is even capable of being patched because of the PS2 version which requires no HDD. Heck what MMOG do you know of wouldn't have fixed a glaring typo like NeL Soul in the next update following someone pointing it out?this one game i played before had a sea otter monster. for the longest time (and i mean like years) it was spelled as "see otter." names were stored server side on that game too ;)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
I guess the huge amount of required wood is due to the fact that Yohmei weapons have a high PP stat. So I guess more wood equals more PP.

Libram
May 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
I was thinking that, but then the Ryusaikanoh should be the same. It only needs 3 Walnas. We may never know unless ST decides to release some other company S Rank weaponry, like a Tenora 10* Doublesaber or a GRM 10* Axe.