PDA

View Full Version : Mission Pick up games = getting booted? ^^;

that cast named kai
May 25, 2009, 10:59 PM
i have to say i it seems like this is something i should know already, but i do wonder about it

i tend to notice playing pick up games with randoms has often leaded to me getting booted right at the end often enough to the point that it makes me loose faith in playing with others at all (outside of a buddies).

is this a symptom of 'greedy high lvl event noobs disorder' or is this something else that tends to happen to others very often as well

i have to admit i have been playing for about a year and half, but i guess i really don't play often with people other than friends outside of major events like std and winter carnival

well i guess it would be nice to get some real insight and the likes

BlakLanner
May 25, 2009, 11:14 PM
I have noticed this as well from many of the higher-ID players. It has gotten worse in the event, and hopefully should die down a bit afterward. Just chalk it up to a bunch of the demo players coming over and acting like demo players.

Lunairetic
May 25, 2009, 11:16 PM
Never happened to me.

CJ Johnny
May 25, 2009, 11:20 PM
I've seen you around Kai.

A/ Your Weapons. High%, and High Grind (not broken)=boot
B/ Running ahead=boot
C/ Monster dieing fast (not even too fast)=boot
D/ Item set at Random, Howerver most of the item goes to you=boot (they belive you may have a better connection, something like that)
E/ Doing over 1K damage=boot

I can go on to 'Z' and can't finish. But you get the picure.
This is pertty much in general of the state the game after Mission Carnavel.

I mean 50% to run B!!! What gives......
PA's level's are 10+, playing Master class.
Hey! is there a new class, or there's a glitch/bug there...

nigh
May 25, 2009, 11:36 PM
You start to lose faith in psu after being booted ? Is that the Ghural faith lost within you?

thunder-ray
May 25, 2009, 11:43 PM
I havent been booted out of a random party in quite some time now. In the last few events I havent been booted out of random partys. Maybe I just got lucky and partyed with people that arent greedy bastards.

Arika
May 26, 2009, 12:08 AM

B/ Running ahead=boot
D/ Item set at Random, Howerver most of the item goes to you=boot (they belive you may have a better connection, something like that)

too fast = boot, then what about too slow?

beatrixkiddo
May 26, 2009, 12:24 AM
too fast = boot, then what about too slow?

boot.

Anduril
May 26, 2009, 12:53 AM
Don't forget: You don't play the "right" race/class combo = boot. They shall burn for booting me....

CJ Johnny
May 26, 2009, 02:46 AM
Did I mention on the 360.

No Mic=boot
Talk too much=boot

It is almost like you are in the used car sale.

Your choice for being boot are totally imaginable... beep... beep... beep... The Big Push ^^

Darki
May 26, 2009, 02:52 AM
I went into a party once with my female beast WT and it was funny. For some reason, the leader "knew" I suck only for watching me play for 2:46 minutes, in the first RoF block. All I did was kill Badiras with an ice whip, killing a Jarba with an ice Bow and kill some Golmoros with Megid/Ramegid. My GBR was at 43% (and it was the 3rd~4th day so I doubt there were too much 50% people around, he wasn't for example). I have all my PAs capped (except my TECHs, that are only 5- lvls for cap), all my ranged/tech weapons were 10/10 and all my melee weapons were 50% (except daggers, tamagiri ones can't be).

I got a "God, you suck" and got kicked. You know I might not be the best WT around but at least I wasn't a n00bgunner carrying a barec, 2 barets, a pakudac , pakuda and a desta.

That proves there are just too retarded people there around. I dunno, when there's somebody I don't wanna party with, even if I'm the leader, I just finish the run and go from the party with a "thx for the run, I g2g" and everybody happy. xD

I've only booted people when somebody accidentally went into my party when I was waiting for my friends to come, and after a clear explanation.

You can be polite even booting. Problem is that most of the people do because they're n00bs/elitists who doesn't have a good reason to do.

ashley50
May 26, 2009, 03:04 AM
The same ol' 360 thing i believe :P

Fun community there, lots of different people to meet/boot you
(for stupid reasons?)

Arika
May 26, 2009, 06:13 AM
Did I mention on the 360.

No Mic=boot
Talk too much=boot

It is almost like you are in the used car sale.

Your choice for being boot are totally imaginable... beep... beep... beep... The Big Push ^^

that is really suck D:
PSU might better make a rule like most MMO to only allow 15 year olds+ to play. They might check it from account info in xbox live or something.

IrisForscythe
May 26, 2009, 06:49 AM
Just wait for the mothers to come running "YOUR GAME TOUGHT MY 12 YEAR OLD HOW TO SWEAR".. "Ok mam we wont allow anyone under 15 to play"

right.. if only

SabZero
May 26, 2009, 08:19 AM
Well, I booted someone last week because they did not heed (or comment) on my asking to not run off ahead.

And that's pretty much the only thing I can't stand - people being in such a hurry.

If you want those photons, go ahead and pick it up, I'm going to drop them before the next block.

CJ Johnny
May 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
The 'Remove Member' wasn't too good of an option to begin with.

noo... noo... don't get to the wrong direction.
Aftert all the option for 'Password' is always there.

Well! My time now is 8:38 PST Morning. And I'm at UNI-01.
I have 9 Tab's of joinable room at my screen.
Forget the 1's that are playing story mode and the 1's that are full.
I still have 4 and half tab's to select or join.
Amount those 4 and half tab's 26 of those room's are locked. And 8 of them are "set to 'Give finder'"

What was all that means!
I would suggest that for 'SEGA' Put in some joining requirement as option for the leader to make a room to begin the mission.
Instead of just giving the party Leader the 'Remove Member'

Seriously! They did that on the PSO-X. For what reason They can't do it on the newer version.

Last!!!
For item's to set to 'Give Finder' I say that is a sign of bate. (you know, Fishing)

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, on the PC servers about 40% of the parties are full, 10% are story missions, and the remaining 50% are locked or "50% ONRY OR I BOOT" (incorrectly spelled like that, of course, as we on the PC and PS2 servers are so intelligent...). Then the problem begins when you try joining the few parties that (in my case) are S2, aren't locked, and have it set to random, and praying that you don't get booted for quite literally nothing other than joining their unlocked, open-space-available party and saying "Hello." Then you go to make your own party, name it something friendly like "Feel free to join at any time!" and sit there waiting.......... for about 10 minutes with nobody joining. Or for most of the mission with nobody joining. Or for something like 4th Seal, where the people who do join, don't realize that of the 4 people in the party, the three who can use guns stand on the switches and shoot the core so the one who can't use guns can melee it, causing it to fail, and causing you to redo the whole friggin' mission because they didn't know they were supposed to stand on a switch and attack the core with guns (like I tell them, if they don't know).

Alright, well that was a long rant, but at least I feel a bit better. Don't know why people boot randomly like that, though. I've only booted like 3 times since the original launch, and two of those were for someone being AFK when we were timed, we had a full-party gate, and they weren't moving. The third.... well, it was a unanimous vote, 4-1 against, one abstaining due to bathroom useage.

ChibiBecca
May 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
I've only gotten booted a few times, usually because the party leader was soloing and couldn't be bothered to lock it or put up some sort of warning (i'd had left if they'd only asked or explained)

i nearly booted one guy recently when they suddenly went AFK by a gate, but not AT the gate, causing us to have to wait ages. fortunately they came back just before we came to the agreement that it'd be quicker to boot him and then re-invite him to the party, then to wait another 10 minutes.
other times i've booted someone for trying to end a buff party by finishing the mission, but i felt it was only fair to the others trying to level their buffs at the time.

but yeah, i've never been booted for my playing style or for not having good enough weapons. we pretty much smash through the event missions anyway, so does it really matter?

OldCoot
May 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
that is really suck D:
PSU might better make a rule like most MMO to only allow 15 year olds+ to play. They might check it from account info in xbox live or something.

I think that the majority of the booters are late teens and adults. Players who get to a point of being inflexable that others like to play things outside the box.

ZeroKamikaze
May 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
I haven't ever had a problem with being booted during a mission for any reason, but given what happened with the Big Push, I made it a point to always start my own parties. I will admit that there are things that make me want to boot people; examples are strict tornado dance users and techers who overwrite higher level buffs with weaker ones. Otherwise, you join my party, you have just as good a shot as me to get whatever drops.

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 26, 2009, 12:48 PM
Don't forget: You don't play the "right" race/class combo = boot. They shall burn for booting me....

That's what used to happen to one of my friends a lot of the time. She would join parties to level all of her classes, it's her goal to get all of the types up to twenty. Since she's a beast, when she joins other parties with a class like Guntecher or Foretecher she gets booted. She actually stopped running with people outside her friends list becuase of that.

But as for personal experience I've only even been booted twice. Once at the end of Big Push and the other for when I joined an A mission on my level 53 at the time.

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
I think that the majority of the booters are late teens and adults. Players who get to a point of being inflexible that others like to play things outside the box.

True, but you can't forget the ego factor in that equation. I happen to fall into the adults category, but I almost never boot people - I just deal with it if it's one person, or leave the party if it's a majority of the people, regardless of if I'm leader or not. Personally, if they're helping in some way, shape, or form, I'm cool with it. They feel like walking into an S2 mission as a Hunter with some Rappy Tippies on? Go for it! They wanna spam jabroga all the time and generally annoy the crap out of other people? More power to them (as long as they understand that their actions may cause others in the party to harass them.) They have the best equipment, the best PAs at max level, and just stand there at the entrance for 10 minutes taking rares and not doing ANYTHING since joining the party? Well, that calls for action (and I mean the "should we give this guy the Italy?" action.)

You are right about the flexibility being an issue though - too many people (on both servers, I'm sure) feel that person A needs to be doing this, person B MUST have this setup, and person C should "go kill themselvs bcuz tehy sssuxxxx." They, however, walk on water, and all their droppings are pure excellence, gilded in awesomeness.

ashley50
May 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
someone just got booted earlier in my party as he kees picking up EVERYTHING and I mean everything.

We asked him to stop doing it yet no reply from him and keeps doing it. As a result, he got booted.

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 01:11 PM
Something like that (where everyone asks that a player stop doing something, and he keeps doing it) is the perfect example of why someone could be booted from a party. If you want to grab everything, go ahead. If everyone asks you to stop, then stop (except for what you need, like "I kinda need [item], is it cool if I still grab those? Too broke to buy them, and it seems like such a waste...".) If I did that, and got booted, then I'd say "whoops, guess I should have stopped. Oh well," and go on to another party.

pinkace
May 26, 2009, 01:36 PM
I have only gotten booted twice in BP at the end. Overall, been booted like 4 times this whole event, twice because of picking up 'trash'.

I tried explaining to one host that Blackbulls sell for 55k at NPC shop and I have made about 4 million so far on this event selling them, and that you can sell all the -line items to NPC's and walk with an extra 100k every run... but he wouldn't listen. Sucks for him, I have made millions my way.

Aside from those four instances, everyone I play with is nice and even helps me pick up my junk by dropping it at the end of each block.

360 has a great community. The camaraderie is as good as if not better than Dreamcast.

that cast named kai
May 26, 2009, 02:08 PM
thanks for the insight everyone,

i suppose so far i have only been booted less than a handful of time with STD, (i think it has been greed related for the most often with rare spawns or right before the end boxes)

i am just happy there has not been the craziness of 'agito repac - craze' of the carnival where i know i was being kicked from parties right at the end nearly 1 out of every 5 runs to be honest on 'S' runs.

oh well, i guess i am better off just hosting parties instead of joining up with some one else

CJ Johnny
May 26, 2009, 02:12 PM
ahh... You know what happened, when you were explaining to the leader.
May be not.
And that's the reason you explain.

Here is how they run the mission.

'They have >59< item's in there inventory'....... You get it now!!!!

Next time, you may as well leave that party before being booted.

str898mustang
May 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
360 has a great community

LOL! and this thread is about people getting booted on 360

pinkace
May 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
LOL! and this thread is about people getting booted on 360

Well, getting booted once every 12648974564189401564198 runs makes for a completely crappy community... you are right, I changed my mind, 360 community is horrible!!!

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 03:12 PM
ahh... You know what happened, when you were explaining to the leader.
May be not.
And that's the reason you explain.

Here is how they run the mission.

'They have >59< item's in there inventory'....... You get it now!!!!

Next time, you may as well leave that party before being booted.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say (looks like English isn't your primary language, which is cool), but if someone's doing runs with only one open spot in their inventory, then they might need to have their head examined. Seriously, even with 6 different elements of armor, every element of every weapon available for a master class, and every healing item in their possession, we're looking at 40 spots filled in their inventory, 41 if you count the goggles. Unless they're a Protranser with every type of trap available on them, I can't possibly see how they're full on items starting out a run. Now, if it's all the useless stuff most people don't want that's filling them up, then there's one of two things they can say to the guy picking up everything and still be nice about it - they can ask them to stop, or they can just drop the items for the guy. Either way, it takes about 5 seconds to ask, and another 5 to boot if they don't agree.

I hope I understood you correctly, if not, then I apologize.

Edit: Booting happens on both servers, let's not turn this into the umpteen billionth topic about it.

CJ Johnny
May 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
noo... noo...

You did not misunderstand. The words.

However! You have lost the complete picture.

With 1 and only 1 open slot. And nobody in the party are picking up item's.
And She/He is the leader 'Red Dot'.

Where do you belive the 1st 'Red box' item will go to, when it's been Pick-up!!!

lol And there isn't the need to check out there head's. They know what they are doing.
May be this will help (Rare counting, evo)

I have to say 90% of booting is all about greed.

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
If it's set to "Give Finder", then that's the only way they're guaranteed the one item they want - and they have to pick up the item to get it. The only way that that guy is guaranteed if it's set to anything else is if everyone else is full on items, and if the person who randomly joins starts grabbing lots of stuff, then it's a given that he's not full on items, which means the guy with one open slot has lost his 100% chance at getting an item, and probably should have locked the party.

I see what you're saying now, and I get the big picture, but having only one open slot in their inventory so they can get that one item and hoping nobody else joins is a bit foolhardy though, in my opinion.

S4CT4L1TY
May 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
My cure is start your own parties and sort all the asses out keep a list of ID's and GT thats what i do Black list is full ^^; they dont make it big enough

Darius_Drake
May 26, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have only gotten booted twice in BP at the end. Overall, been booted like 4 times this whole event, twice because of picking up 'trash'.

I tried explaining to one host that Blackbulls sell for 55k at NPC shop and I have made about 4 million so far on this event selling them, and that you can sell all the -line items to NPC's and walk with an extra 100k every run... but he wouldn't listen. Sucks for him, I have made millions my way.

Aside from those four instances, everyone I play with is nice and even helps me pick up my junk by dropping it at the end of each block.

360 has a great community. The camaraderie is as good as if not better than Dreamcast.

Problem with the Dreamcast was temptation. When you died on the Dreamcast you dropped your money and your equipped weapon. The current 360, PC/PS2 community would take a hit from what they are now if that little temptation was still around.

I got booted from BP once, I don't boot others though. Never had to. Most people that join in my party actually ask about what is ok to pick up and if there are specific things they are looking for may even let the group know before hand. That way nobody is surprised when it is picked up.

beatrixkiddo
May 26, 2009, 03:56 PM
If someone keeps picking up stuff I don't want, I just drop it while autorunning. If they do it a whole lot, I'll say something. I won't boot unless they keep doing it after I say something one or two times...

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
I just drop the "crap" at the end of a mission. I'm on pc/ps2, so I type out "hey gimme a sec" before the boss or last gate or something. Then I drop it alllllllll right there. Who ever wants it, gets it.

Darius_Drake
May 26, 2009, 04:12 PM
I just drop the "crap" at the end of a mission. I'm on pc/ps2, so I type out "hey gimme a sec" before the boss or last gate or something. Then I drop it alllllllll right there. Who ever wants it, gets it.

The thing is they think that they will miss out on their turn. Like if somebody picked up a Kerseline and it went to them, then the next rare was a Love Inferno the person who got the Kerseline would feel like they would have got the Love Inferno if the other person would have just left the Kerseline on the ground. This is where the problem comes in. I actually had a person give me a Shide-Misaki because he picked up an Olpad by accident and it went to me and the next item which was the Shide-Misaki went to him. I tried to tell him I wasn't going to boot him regardless, but he just wanted to keep the hunting clean so to speak.

pinkace
May 26, 2009, 05:23 PM
I always ask permission to pick up everything before I start doing it. Some people say no, so I leave the party, or host my own.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 05:45 PM
The thing is they think that they will miss out on their turn. Like if somebody picked up a Kerseline and it went to them, then the next rare was a Love Inferno the person who got the Kerseline would feel like they would have got the Love Inferno if the other person would have just left the Kerseline on the ground. This is where the problem comes in. I actually had a person give me a Shide-Misaki because he picked up an Olpad by accident and it went to me and the next item which was the Shide-Misaki went to him. I tried to tell him I wasn't going to boot him regardless, but he just wanted to keep the hunting clean so to speak.

See when it comes to this, I just count it as an "oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda".
There was plenty of time to hunt the Love Inferno. I barely played during that time and got 3. People are just unlucky. Just like there is plenty of time to hunt EVERYTHING ELSE in the game. We had white day for what, 3-5 weeks? Plenty of time. Plus like I said before in past posts; Hunt solo, or with a partner willing to give up the rare your after. If you cant find anyone trustworthy enough to do that, solo. It's the easiest way to get rares. When I am bored and want to run with people, I don't worry about rares. That's just me, but if I'm hunting something that I want that bad, I solo. Every mission in this game is solo-able. (aside from Fissure's and missions that need 4, if you want the rare mobs).

HyperShot-X-
May 26, 2009, 07:11 PM
Not that people are just 'unlucky', some people are extremely lucky in this game such as yourself I say. For ex. I've only seen 1 Guld drop in RoF s2 and it didn't come to me, and I know someone who got 2 Gulds in party set on random. I wouldn't run solo just to find it even if I wanted it so bad and if I had a partner then we'll need to find 2 drops of equal value to be fair. There are some drops you will never get even after doing 100 runs.

So, it does help to pay attention to what rares are being picked up to avoid running into booting problems, and always be cautious on what you pick up. If someone starts picking up olpad/copernia or Neptuline+ and the leader says nothing then it should be ok, if no one picks them up then better leave them where they are.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 08:33 PM
Well you having to run with someone is your problem. Like I said before, EVERY MISSION is solo-able; There are drops that you will have to do 1000 missions before seeing it. Which is why I solo when hunting. If i have to wait 1000 runs to see it, I'm doing 1000 runs myself, to make sure I get that rare (milla for example) I've done over 1000 runs, haven't seen it, I will continue to do this until I get it. It's how I get rares, meseta, and great equips. Non-stop hunting is the only way, if you don't get lucky finding it within a few runs. In the Guld area, I've only seen 5 drop. 2 came to me, because I was alone, partying the rest of the time.

HyperShot-X-
May 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
it's not my 'problem' since i'm not forced to run in parties but I choose to instead during this particular event to take the most advantage out of GBR boost. And like I said, you are one of the few privileged ones who got enough time and energy to put in over 1k runs for one single drop, just don't expect the other 90% of PSU population to have that same privilege. I can say this not from my own past experience but from seeing many instances of those who burn themselves out completely doing the exact same thing you're doing so that's your own problem.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 09:12 PM
I play like 5 hours a week lol...
I hunt many things during this 5 hour period.
To name a few- Rattlesnake's (from event for now), Hizeri / mind, Armas Line board.
I don't look at myself as "privileged" since I work for everything I get.
I make sure I don't get burnt out, by switching what I hunt. Many people should do the same.

グレッグ
May 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'm on the 360 servers and I have to say, most people I meet are really friendly!

I have been booted once for being a beast fighgunner (going for fighmaster). Apart from that, everyone else is awesome. :)

thunder-ray
May 26, 2009, 10:49 PM
Kinda reminds me of the time it took me like 8 months to get my first Pwand. However I wasent looking for it since I was lvling techs up at the time. Luck must have been on my side cause after i found my first one found two more in the same month LOL.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 10:57 PM
Psycho wands have always been a problem for me too. Til the event, now I cant seem to top them from dropping. There was always easier way to make meseta, or easier ways to get great gear. (armor is the easiest IMO)

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 27, 2009, 01:07 AM

B/ Running ahead=boot

You forgot one.

Join a game and you have no mic ( xbox 360 ) =boot.
Its rude not to have a mic. Sometimes.

DarthLasek
May 27, 2009, 01:39 PM
Don't forget...if you don't talk or lol to everything they say...that means your a nub= boot

Don't start a fight over anything with the leader or his friends in the party= boot

Ruru
May 27, 2009, 02:25 PM
my friend actually got booted from a B push run on PC/PS2 side -_-; by some high level noob that just started playing about a week before the event. I just cant understand how anyone would boot anyone on a B mission and the big push B at that. those item boxes at the end are beyond worthless. why risk ruining your reputation over something so trivial?

as for me i only play with close friends or solo if no one is on. i can't stand uni 2 enough to actually run missions there. if its not the spam it's the immaturity of the people that play there.

OldCoot
May 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
I think booting has touched everyone here.

The PL can set whatever rules they like and the game gives them the ability to remove players. I accept that but what I don't understand is why players who dislike booting will stay in a party with some PL who is booting for silly things like, playing outside the box or picking up the trash? Don't aid that kind of behavior by staying in the party. Let the PL know they can go solo if they treat others this way.

It is sad it comes to this but if you hate being booted you can only play with those you already know or host your own party. Otherwise you have to hope your iuck isn't too high that you found some person who boots every other Beast character that joins.

CJ Johnny
May 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
lol......... Ruru.
Didn't read my other reply's.

They need 50% to run 'B'.

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 04:20 PM

Sounds like your talking about set in order, but that's not the way it works. Every "rare" that drops is assigned in order to a player when it drops, meaning the kerseline and Inferno were assigned to a particular player before they were picked up(this is why it appears to skip players at times).

As for booting, as long as you remember the leaders name and blacklist them when they come out it was probably worth it. I don't care what people pick up I set non rares to give finder, and drop the red trash they stick me with. These events bring out the scum in droves, these tourists are easy to spot and simple to avoid (just start your own parties).

Darius_Drake
May 27, 2009, 04:33 PM
Sounds like your talking about set in order, but that's not the way it works. Every "rare" that drops is assigned in order to a player when it drops, meaning the kerseline and Inferno were assigned to a particular player before they were picked up(this is why it appears to skip players at times).

As for booting, as long as you remember the leaders name and blacklist them when they come out it was probably worth it. I don't care what people pick up I set non rares to give finder, and drop the red trash they stick me with. These events bring out the scum in droves, these tourists are easy to spot and simple to avoid (just start your own parties).

I am speaking of set in order. A lot of people do see it working that way. They only have to believe it works that way to boot somebody. I don't boot people anyway so it doesn't make a difference to me. I must agree with you though, these events do bring out the scum in droves.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 27, 2009, 06:18 PM
I've actually had people flip out on me because I was a Gunmaster and my Bullet level wasn't high enough for them. I believe the base median for my Bullets are lvl 20. Oh and the fact that Carmilla only gives out a 16% drop rate. So I got booted twice for those two reasons. I didn't get angry or anything. As a matter of fact it was good for a chuckle. I mean, how pathetically dull can you be to exclude someone over such trivial things? I'm actually busy leveling up my alt Reimu (and its odd, I'm having so much fun with her than I am with Carmilla) so Carmi isn't seeing much action. In fact her metal ass is on vacation. But other than that I've met 80% of the people that are in my buddy list through this event and they've all been cool. So if any of you PS2/PC people are in need of an event partner, drop me a line.

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 27, 2009, 06:37 PM
I've actually had people flip out on me because I was a Gunmaster and my Bullet level wasn't high enough for them. I believe the base median for my Bullets are lvl 20. Oh and the fact that Carmilla only gives out a 16% drop rate. So I got booted twice for those two reasons. I didn't get angry or anything. As a matter of fact it was good for a chuckle. I mean, how pathetically dull can you be to exclude someone over such trivial things? I'm actually busy leveling up my alt Reimu (and its odd, I'm having so much fun with her than I am with Carmilla) so Carmi isn't seeing much action. In fact her metal ass is on vacation. But other than that I've met 80% of the people that are in my buddy list through this event and they've all been cool. So if any of you PS2/PC people are in need of an event partner, drop me a line.

I got booted like that but in a different way.

Im a fortetecher and i joined a game full of masterforces. So i buffed there stats but one person saw that i was doing more damage with my diga tech ( lv40 caped) then their diga tech ( lv46 ) on those big walking salutes with the sword i think its spelled svaltus? On "ROF" We both were using P wands but mind was 0/10 his 4/4.

He question me how are you doing more damage than me im a masterforce your a fortetecher?

I said fortetecher Tp is better than masterforce Tp even at lv 20.

Guess what happens next?^^;

I get booted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? ????????? Why????? :-?

beatrixkiddo
May 27, 2009, 07:26 PM
I got booted like that but in a different way.

Im a fortetecher and i joined a game full of masterforces. So i buffed there stats but one person saw that i was doing more damage with my diga tech ( lv40 caped) then their diga tech ( lv46 ) on those big walking salutes with the sword i think its spelled svaltus? On "ROF" We both were using P wands but mind was 0/10 his 4/4.

He question me how are you doing more damage than me im a masterforce your a fortetecher?

I said fortetecher Tp is better than masterforce Tp even at lv 20.

Guess what happens next?^^;

I get booted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? ????????? Why????? :-?

They were jealous of the fact that you're the best technic player of psu/pso?

CJ Johnny
May 27, 2009, 07:28 PM
lol. Didn't you read my 1st reply on this....

Some us in this topic had already said they are just 'Tourist'.

Honestly! They can't even keep-up. Avarage S2-RoF any 1 of here is what.... 11-13 mins...
I've seen room's that are running 40+mins. Well! You get the ideal.

FOnewearl-Lina
May 27, 2009, 07:28 PM
They were jealous of the fact that you're the best technic player of psu/pso?
BEST!

Zoamel_Gustav
May 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
The thing is they think that they will miss out on their turn. Like if somebody picked up a Kerseline and it went to them, then the next rare was a Love Inferno the person who got the Kerseline would feel like they would have got the Love Inferno if the other person would have just left the Kerseline on the ground. This is where the problem comes in. I actually had a person give me a Shide-Misaki because he picked up an Olpad by accident and it went to me and the next item which was the Shide-Misaki went to him. I tried to tell him I wasn't going to boot him regardless, but he just wanted to keep the hunting clean so to speak. Sounds like your talking about set in order, but that's not the way it works. Every "rare" that drops is assigned in order to a player when it drops, meaning the kerseline and Inferno were assigned to a particular player before they were picked up(this is why it appears to skip players at times).

Below is recorded proof that items are distributed upon picking up, not dropping. The test is easily repeatable.

Item Distribution Test :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlPZgmt_WY

Siertes and I were in a 2 person locked group. Unsafe Passage C with rares were set to finder and normal items were set in order.

First item dropped was a dimate. Second item dropped was an acenaline. Third item dropped was wenceline.

I picked up the acenaline, which went to me. If drops were already predetermined, then by process of elimination, the dimate can never go to me and must go to Siertes.

That is the way it works. Next I picked up the wenceline, which went to Siertes.

Finally I picked up the dimate, which went to me. It did not already belong to Siertes. The dimate and the acenaline were the first and second items dropped and they both went to me.

This proves that the owner of an item is not determined the moment it drops. This test shows that an item's ownership is determined the moment that item is picked up.

Please note that there are times when one person can get 3 or more items in a row. This can be caused by players being in different areas and was most noticeable in the two-area missions (like SEED Express), MAG and Egg Thieves. These mission are split into smaller areas and a player left alone in one area will always get all the items they pick up in that area.

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 09:57 PM
Check the stickies under debunking the myths of set in order. Once I just attacked the first part of the basic saber combo off of the last part of rising strike. I spent about 20 min trying to recreate it without success. While I would never deny what you say is true, it is the exception and not the rule.

Zoamel_Gustav
May 27, 2009, 11:59 PM
Check the stickies under debunking the myths of set in order. Once I just attacked the first part of the basic saber combo off of the last part of rising strike. I spent about 20 min trying to recreate it without success. While I would never deny what you say is true, it is the exception and not the rule.

The opening post of "Debunking the false claims of Set In Order" is wrong. I'll ask that it be removed from those stickies. I posted a recorded proof. The test is easily repeatable. Anyone can recreate it.

If items were ordered at drop, then the results shown in the test would be impossible. Since the first and second items dropped both went to the same person, they could not have been assigned at their time of dropping. Items are assigned at pick up. That is the rule, not the exception. How can it even be an exception?

Did I changing the destiny of that dimate? No, because it was never destined to any assigned person to begin with. Drops are not destined to any assigned person, pick ups are destined. People can not be assigned "the next item to drop." People can only be assigned "the next item to be picked up."

garjian
May 28, 2009, 05:24 PM
hmm...

i never join parties... i havent for months... since before the carnival actually...
too quiet...
too impersonal...
noones friendly...
boots for no reasons...
pathetic american arseholes who somehow all have the same voice and personality?
kids who think they know everything...
the above two + booting...
random insults...
silence...
silence...
SILENCE!!!
ID BE DOING THIS QUICKER BY MYSELF!!! STOP FUCKING FLINGING EVERYTHING ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH YOUR USELESS NO-CRIT TORNADO DANCE!!! >: (
HEALING ITEMS ARE A USEFUL DROP!!!
AND STOP SQUARKING AT ME WITH YOUR STUPID HIGH-PITCHED ANNOYING VOICE!!!
AND NO THERE ISNT AN AGITO REPCA+ ONLY HUMANS CAN USE!!!
*deep breaths*
^^
you know... ive only ever met 2 decent people on PSU... one of them was actually a good person... who im very good friends with now :> right now... i only play with him and my rl friends... yeah i definately agree... PSUs community is shit... on the 360 anyway...
i actually remember arguing with some guy... 'generican' as i like to call the type... he said har/quick increases casting time 3x... he somehow refused to see that he was not casting 3 buufs every 1 of mine... that arguement went on for at least 30mins... thats what i get for trusting the community one fucking time... it happens everytime i speak to someone... >:/ i honestly dont know why anyone bothers with these people...

oh sorry... i was ranting a bit there... ahh... brings back some bad memories...