PDA

View Full Version : Megistar

NiceOnes
May 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
Does anyone use this spell?

I don't see the point of this one when it only helps the caster! The boosts are the same level to level when compared with the individuals..

Am I missing something here?

Does it level hella fast compared to the individual buffs?

Calsetes
May 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
Bragging rights, maybe? I honestly have no idea - I always figured it was more powerful since it involves you getting hurt for a portion of the spell, but maybe I'm wrong.

Africa
May 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
megistar is good for soloing and it seems to level the same as the other buffs.

Exolithus
May 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
1. you can lvl it like any buff
2. fast than casting 4 buffs
3. getting dmg for Nosmegid
4. looks cool
5. nobody use it so noobs getting like "wooooah you are the king!"

okay...now something like bla bla only noobs getting dmg for nosmegid bla bla will comes. okay, if this game is too hard for you than dont use this buff...other player dont want to use the best of the best to rise the e-penis with hight numbers, some other players want style

btw it's good for something like rollplays on psu, ever see drugs on an mmorpg?

autumn
May 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
Honestly I don't understand the point to it myself seeing as iirc it doesn't even end up as good as using the normal buffs >_>

S4CT4L1TY
May 26, 2009, 03:50 PM
1. you can lvl it like any buff
2. fast than casting 4 buffs
3. getting dmg for Nosmegid
4. looks cool
5. nobody use it so noobs getting like "wooooah you are the king!"

okay...now something like bla bla only noobs getting dmg for nosmegid bla bla will comes. okay, if this game is too hard for you than dont use this buff...other player dont want to use the best of the best to rise the e-penis with hight numbers, some other players want style

btw it's good for something like rollplays on psu, ever see drugs on an mmorpg?

What? :confused: any who its all a part of play style i use it on my fortetecher and keep other buffs on acro :D

Chuck_Norris
May 26, 2009, 03:51 PM
There was a nice idea someone had a while back to make it an attack tech, so it'd be a lot more useful to Masterforces, which is a pretty good idea in my opinion. Masterforce is the most selfish of the forces, (No offense to masterforces. Just saying it how it is) giving up it's support for maximum tech damage. Megistar is the most selfish buff, only working on the caster, THEN taking HP away. It'd fit Masterforce perfectly. I'd use it on my MF.

tadtwisted
May 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
There was a nice idea someone had a while back to make it an attack tech, so it'd be a lot more useful to Masterforces, which is a pretty good idea in my opinion. Masterforce is the most selfish of the forces, (No offense to masterforces. Just saying it how it is) giving up it's support for maximum tech damage. Megistar is the most selfish buff, only working on the caster, THEN taking HP away. It'd fit Masterforce perfectly. I'd use it on my MF.

I like the idea of making it a attack spell also, but im gonna disagree with masterforces being selfish, just because in you see it as a force being a support class. right now im a masterforce because all my spells are at 40+ (all support spells are at 50) so its pointless for me to stay a fortetecher, once all my spells hit 50 ill go back to fortetecher but by that time there will be nothing left for my force to do so i will be done with all force types in the game.

str898mustang
May 26, 2009, 04:46 PM
used it all the time when I solo'd before I became a MF. I think it's a good spell since u don't have a waste a madogg and wand for for buffs when u can just put megistar in spot and Giresta or Resta in the other spot.

Chuck_Norris
May 26, 2009, 05:01 PM
I like the idea of making it a attack spell also, but im gonna disagree with masterforces being selfish, just because in you see it as a force being a support class. right now im a masterforce because all my spells are at 40+ (all support spells are at 50) so its pointless for me to stay a fortetecher, once all my spells hit 50 ill go back to fortetecher but by that time there will be nothing left for my force to do so i will be done with all force types in the game.

Lemme sort this out, I didn't mean any insult by saying Masterforce was selfish. Just compare it to the other forces. They all have at least level 30 support techs, while Masterforce doesn't even reach buff items.

Rhea-Licious
May 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
That tech serves its purpose, I mean it's good for when you wanna be lazy and not use each buff one by one; and maybe just to cast fast buffs while soloing in a mission when you're surrounded. :P As for me I got it just cuz I'm a full fledged techer and wanted all techs maxed. >.>

tadtwisted
May 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
Lemme sort this out, I didn't mean any insult by saying Masterforce was selfish. Just compare it to the other forces. They all have at least level 30 support techs, while Masterforce doesn't even reach buff items.

I agree with you master force is not good compare to other classes and i dont know why some people with lv 20 spells are going to master force, for me at least master force should be for people who have spells at lv40 to extend the life of their force.

BlakLanner
May 26, 2009, 06:19 PM
I use Megistar quite a bit. One of the big draws is that it saves a lot of palette space on a hybrid class. Space is really tight on WT and GT, so being able to just slot Megistar/Giresta lets me allocate more space to a better variety of weapons.

Randomness
May 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
I use Megistar quite a bit. One of the big draws is that it saves a lot of palette space on a hybrid class. Space is really tight on WT and GT, so being able to just slot Megistar/Giresta lets me allocate more space to a better variety of weapons.

This. I also gave up on buffs shortly after they were released, since it seemed everyone else had em 21+ :wacko:

Also, I'm pretty sure megistar levels easier than other buffs.

Halcyote
May 26, 2009, 08:13 PM
I mostly use it when I solo, or when my buff-less partner pops a megistarade and runs off.

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 27, 2009, 12:49 AM
I use it on my Beast wartecher. When I die suddenly I just cast it on myself and keep going. It also powers Zagenga on my Guntecher Jobs. I like it mostly since I dont have to run around buffless or walk far away from the party just to cast buffs on myself after dying because I dont want to overwrite someone elses superior casting levels.

Ruru
May 27, 2009, 02:04 PM
the whole point of megistar is a quick buff for soloing. you wont normally use it in a party setting. if you do thats your choice though.

it levels the same as other buffs its just quicker to use in a solo situation. or a speed run.

hiraisho
May 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
Honestly I don't understand the point to it myself seeing as iirc it doesn't even end up as good as using the normal buffs >_>

actually megistar has the exact same level of buff as each of the normal buffs do in each tier

http://psupedia.info/TECHNICs
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/photon_arts/#technic

Anyways, I like using it when i solo on my wartecher, especially when leveling my PAs since I can free up 3 more PA slots for more PAs to be leveling.

I especially used this back before Wartecher got lv 30 support techs. All the melee I parties with just used their items so I never got any complaints for using megistar. Selfish I know, but at least I healed everyone with resta, heh.

mvffin
May 28, 2009, 12:33 PM
2 places I use megistar:

-When soloing

-After I waste a scape

And yes, mine is 41+ = )