PDA

View Full Version : Rude foreigners in PSU.

unicorn
May 26, 2009, 05:03 PM
Now now, I'm not racist. But why is it that I've ran into reeeeally rude French people in this game? They boot without mercy, they get angry, they insult, and they haaate English speakers for some reason.

Yes, sometimes its easier to play with people who share the same ethnicity, language, etc, buuut most of them insult me in English (and well too!) so I assume they teach English in France (since most European countries teach it in schools).

I was in a party today, and the party leader (French player) received his rare mission. I ask, "Oh are we running a rare mission?" He replies back, "ya but why would i take u?". And then he and his french friend say something I don't understand followed by "rotfl".

Granted, he wasn't obliged to take me (or any of the party members) to run a rare mission, but its kinda mean-spirited that way. Whenever I get my rare missions I always take whoever is in my party with me, because I probably wouldn't have gotten it without them. Idk. I think its kinda rude and immature. I didn't argue with him about it, I just left the party.

Perhaps its the language barrier? Some people in this game feel that they have to snub other players because of the language they speak. I try really hard to be nice to every single player that joins my party (whether or not they speak perfect English or barely) so I'm really taken aback when people pull something like this on me. Meh.

Lunairetic
May 26, 2009, 05:27 PM
You can't be racist against a culture.

But I know what you mean in general, although I've had no bad experiences with the French. Just chalk it up to culture and leave it at that.

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
I read foreigners as people. Oh well.

Anyway, they're probably screwing around, and they learn to boot from us English speakers. So don't go pointing fingers and saying the English speakers are good, because they're probably the worst.

KodiaX987
May 26, 2009, 06:53 PM
Looks like we found the BRs' spiritual successor.

Funny story: two Frenchies proceed to copiously insult me during a PSO:BB run, ignorant of the fact that I could read everything they said.

Somewhere along the way, they found out I was fluent in their language.

They stopped for a moment...

...Then resumed insulting me like nothing had happened. :)

Randomness
May 26, 2009, 07:26 PM
Looks like we found the BRs' spiritual successor.

Funny story: two Frenchies proceed to copiously insult me during a PSO:BB run, ignorant of the fact that I could read everything they said.

Somewhere along the way, they found out I was fluent in their language.

They stopped for a moment...

...Then resumed insulting me like nothing had happened. :)

Wow. Wow. Umm... wow?

Did you have a convenient bit of heavy machinery to feed them to?

W0LB0T
May 26, 2009, 08:17 PM
I had no problem with the french in trackmania. Trust me, there are alot of french people in trackmania.

Maybe its just french weaboos who have an attitude.

Zarode
May 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
Some Frenchies have huge attitude problems, mostly stems from the fact that certain ENGLISH speakers were being rude to them in the first place. Same with Spanish and German, though Finnish/Dutch/Nethervoid peeps are pretty tolerant for some reason. Too 420 for their own good? :lol:

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 09:29 PM
What is a-
weaboo?

jShazBot
May 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
One word.
FRENCHYS
You should've told them to go eat their Swiss cheese or something before being kicked.

America, fuck yeah.

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
I had no problem with the french in trackmania. Trust me, there are alot of french people in trackmania.

Maybe its just french weaboos who have an attitude.
A French Weeaboo?

My god.

What is a-?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeaboo

Welcome to the internet.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 09:50 PM
Interesting. I know more "weeaboo" than I thought. I don't like those people. I don't know why, it just annoys me.

jShazBot
May 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
A French Weeaboo?

My god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeaboo

Welcome to the internet.

No Comment

thunder-ray
May 26, 2009, 10:18 PM
Ive actually never had a issue with french people since most of them that I meet are nice. However if people in other country's wana talk shit to me in there own language then thats fine by me. If your to scared to talk that shit in my language then theres no point in letting it bother me.

Kent
May 26, 2009, 10:19 PM
Incredibly rude French-speaking people in an online game?

As it turns out, PSO/U aren't the only places where this is the common majority of people speaking the language. :/

Majarra
May 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Weaboo
HAHA. This is the real defenition of weaboo right here.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 10:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha lol... that's pathetic.

darkante
May 26, 2009, 10:56 PM
I´ve yet to join with rude French people. But that sucks.
I never neglect people for doing Rare mission if i´m in party with random people.
As i almost always get invited to them as well.

But there are always gonna be some idiots.

Rasputin
May 26, 2009, 10:57 PM
I think it's completely RACIST to make fun of foreigners. I mean, just cause BRs SUCK in any game ever doesn't mean you have to go JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA in their face because you speak English well and they don't :|

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 11:00 PM
Everything seems to be racist when you name a nationality or color doesn't it?
Now, I don't agree or disagree to what the original poster says but how other way would you like him/her to name/describe the people that booted and was rude to them. Get over yourself, not everything is racist.

thunder-ray
May 26, 2009, 11:14 PM
HAHA. This is the real defenition of weaboo right here.That made me LOL

I think it's completely RACIST to make fun of foreigners. I mean, just cause BRs SUCK in any game ever doesn't mean you have to go JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA in their face because you speak English well and they don't :|Thats no different then for someone that speaks french well to make fun of someone that doesnt speak any at all. As I agree with you that making fun of people that cant speak english that well is messed up I dont believe that was the case here.

Lunairetic
May 26, 2009, 11:18 PM
You cannot be racist against a culture/subculture/language/nationality. I don't get why or how people don't understand this.

Volcompat321
May 26, 2009, 11:23 PM
You cannot be racist against a culture/subculture/language/nationality. I don't get why or how people don't understand this.
That's called prejudice.

Lunairetic
May 26, 2009, 11:31 PM
Its dependent on the type. If someone is "racist" against a particular culture, they would be considered prejudiced, yes, but the fact is that unlike ethnicity, some cultures can logically be considered inferior. The term for this is ethnocentric, but the term values all cultures equally, when in fact not all cultures are from a humanistic point of view of progress in society. I could go on for hours.

Summed up, shut up about race. Half the stuff people call racist isn't even close.

unicorn
May 26, 2009, 11:33 PM
I think it's completely RACIST to make fun of foreigners. I mean, just cause BRs SUCK in any game ever doesn't mean you have to go JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA in their face because you speak English well and they don't :|

Oh no I wasn't making any attacks at them if thats what you mean....

I usually don't care what language anyone speaks as long as they give a greeting (because it just sets off a nicer party mood overall) and they kill stuff. It really isn't that difficult. But no, I was under the impression that they were making fun of me and just seemed rude in general.

To them I was a foreigner, and to me, they're foreigners. Why can't we all just be nice to eachother? :(

I've been banned maaany times from parties because I don't speak french (I tend to run into french players because I'm free sometimes during the "busier" times in France).

Plus their whole treatment to the rare mission thing really pushed my buttons! T_T;

KodiaX987
May 27, 2009, 10:47 AM
If you think you're having it bad based on language, wait until you get kicked out of a party because "your wep sucks"

Uncle_bob
May 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
AUEHUEAUHEUAHUEUHEUHUEAUEAH.

U NO BR? BOOT

Kylie
May 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
This was back when PC/PS2 had twenty universes...

Random person: excuse me do u speak french ?
Me: No, I don't. Sorry.
Random person: then gtfo uni 13 is french only!

There were other instances, but that's the one I remember best.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 27, 2009, 06:42 PM

I put that sucker as my fav real quick. I also sent the gothic lolita section to a friend of mine seeing as she is a fan of it (although she hardly wears her dresses anymore).

Unit D79
May 28, 2009, 12:27 AM
tbh foreigners dont bug me. its nice to practice other languages for a change (even if all youre doing is cursing eachother xD)
what i hate though, are all the little cliques. i cant tolerate wigers, especially the little 8 year old ones who think that cause they play saints row and listen to 50 cent that they can run their mouths off. its stupid stuff like that, that pisses me off.

Majarra
May 28, 2009, 01:06 AM
I put that sucker as my fav real quick. I also sent the gothic lolita section to a friend of mine seeing as she is a fan of it (although she hardly wears her dresses anymore).Haha thanks. The encyclopedia is a real funny site if you type the right stuff.

Sidney
May 28, 2009, 02:41 AM
My friends and I were recently harassed by a bunch of French idiots in Universe 5, because we were talking publicly in the lobby. (We had 8 people, so we couldn't party chat.) They were rude to us in English, and then tried to sneak in some insults in French, thinking we wouldn't understand. They said something along the lines that we were idiots and should head to Universe 2, because that's where all the stupid people belong. Little did they know I have some French under my belt from opera. :roll: Of course, after I told them they were jerks, they ran into the lobby counter like the pansies they were. You have to be pretty pathetic to insult people in a foreign language in front of them; if they wanted to bitch, they should have done so in English instead of hiding behind their French, giggling thinking no one understood them.

They didn't do much to discourage the cowardly, pompous jerk stereotype the French have. I know not all French players are like that, but this group certainly fit the description to a tee. :lol: