PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU New details on JP's upcoming GUARDIANS Cash missions

EspioKaos
May 27, 2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090528a.html

From Shougai PSO, courtesy of the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation, we have new details on the first GUARDIANS Cash missions to be released soon.

Legacy of the Light (Technically, this would be "Legacy of the Holy Light," but I'm trying to keep the name relatively short.)
* You must pay GUARDIANS Cash (GC) to accept the mission.
* Required amount of GC has not been disclosed.
* One known benefit of this mission is higher EXP payout compared to normal missions.
* This mission will take place in the Kugu RELICS.
* Despite being on Moatoob, Gainozeros will show up.
* Photon Crystals will be part of the grade S reward.

Entrusted Defense
* You must pay GUARDIANS Cash (GC) to accept the mission.
* Required amount of GC has not been disclosed.
* Benefits of this mission have not been revealed yet.
* This mission is said to take place in a VR simulation of the GUARDIANS Colony.
* Enemies are LV170 and up.

pikachief
May 27, 2009, 03:13 PM
lvl 170+ u say? :o

when they say that they may have different drops it may just mean its gonna have higher level enemies first so it'll just drop better stuff sooner than regular missions? :D

Ryno
May 27, 2009, 03:14 PM
Level 170? and up. thats cool

fay
May 27, 2009, 03:22 PM
they finally listened to people wanting higher leveled enemys. to bad you need to pay to get them. i know for fact that i sure as hell aint paying no more money on top of the guardians license. wonder how many people will pay for it

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 27, 2009, 03:25 PM
So this Guardian's Cash is really rl cash? If thats the cash eff that noise. If I wanted that sorta deal I woulda stuck with those F2P games.

Neith
May 27, 2009, 03:26 PM
So to fight 170+ monsters requires GUARDIANS Cash? Here's hoping that's not a common theme. I'm still not a fan of the idea of paying extra (in a subscription based game no less) for more content though- these missions would have to be pretty awesome to convince me otherwise.

Musekaze
May 27, 2009, 03:32 PM
Why not just release another expansion instead?

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hey, with all the sites and people selling meseta for profit it was just a matter of time before Sega got in on the action. It is after all their game remember.

They just figured hey if people are willing to pay extra money (on top of the license) shouldn't we let them pay it to us. I don't really agree with it, but you can't fault them for doing it. Honestly if someone is going to exploit their nerds shouldn't it be them?

Puppet_Papaya
May 27, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hey, with all the sites and people selling meseta for profit it was just a matter of time before Sega got in on the action. It is after all their game remember.

They just figured hey if people are willing to pay extra money (on top of the license) shouldn't we let them pay it to us. I don't really agree with it, but you can't fault them for doing it. Honestly if someone is going to exploit their nerds shouldn't it be them?

You make it sound as though exploiting their game's players is their right.

NDW
May 27, 2009, 04:12 PM
* Photon Crystals will be part of the grade S reward.

Looks like the name of an Ep. 4 item from PSO will be making a return. :-P

Ceresa
May 27, 2009, 04:15 PM
Oooh Photon Crystals.

They will surely be used for awesome and unique non-tradable items.

Elitism is gonna get so much more exciting!

More details on the actual billing would be nice though. One time fee please...

stukasa
May 27, 2009, 05:15 PM
GC stuff would be fine *if* PSU didn't already have a monthly fee. I'll wait until more details are released before deciding how terrible an idea this is...

PALRAPPYS
May 27, 2009, 05:26 PM
Uh fail much? This content shouldn't be pay content whatsoever.

Zorafim
May 27, 2009, 05:54 PM
This isn't the first time you'll hear this, and it won't be the last time.

lolSega

Miyoko
May 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
I could see some things being okay for GC, like non-fail grinds, or rare missions, things like that...

But anything that should -normally- be in the game... Yeah. >_> I'm taking a 'wait and see' stance on this.

xBladeM6x
May 27, 2009, 05:57 PM
Here's to hoping that GC never sees the light of day over here. Just so that we get that content for "free", but have to pay for the expansion in MS points (For 360 users obviously).

Also, we already pay a 10$ sub a month. Either take away the sub, or make the additional content that we pay them to produce for free. Otherwise, total fail.

Suzuka Miyamoto
May 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
Only a true "fanboy" would pay more money to play this, on top of 9.99

I wonder what people are going to do this srly i need a good laugh.

Inazuma
May 27, 2009, 06:36 PM
Still no details on how much it will actually cost? Like Ceresa said, it better be a one time fee or at least have some kind of monthly limit to the amount you can spend (and keep it fairly low), or else PSU will die a horrible death.

From what info they have given us (boosted exp and/or lv 170 monsters), why would I ever do anything but these new missions? It wouldn't be fair to turn PSU from a video game into a "who has the most money in real life?" pile of shit.

*is fearing that Sonichi will fuck this one up big time*

Dhylec
May 27, 2009, 07:01 PM
It's nice that we have some more info on this, but still not enough to judge hoe this will affect the game from now on.

S4CT4L1TY
May 27, 2009, 07:04 PM
im scared will someone hold my hand

FOnewearl-Lina
May 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
I wonder what people are going to do this srly i need a good laugh.
laughs, coming right up!

or else PSU will die a horribly death.
It's already horribly dead.

Kazemi
May 27, 2009, 08:37 PM
It wouldn't be fair to turn PSU from a video game into a "who has the most money in real life?" pile of shit.
as opposed to who lacks a real life the most and can spend the most time pointlessly grinding away at a game pile of shit?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
im scared will someone hold my hand
Nope.

Inazuma
May 27, 2009, 09:10 PM
as opposed to who lacks a real life the most and can spend the most time pointlessly grinding away at a game pile of shit?

Yes, that's how it should be. It's kinda like every other game out there. The more you do it, the more you practice, the more experience you have, the better you should be at it. Wouldn't it suck to practice your ass off for an entire year for tennis, only to be beaten by some out of shape loser just because he makes more money than you?

And as a side note, I disagree about the whole "good video game players have no life" statement that so many jealous players mention. What is so bad about someone spending a lot of time doing something that they enjoy? Personally speaking, video games are my favorite thing to do, so playing a ton of them is actually a good thing, since it brings me a lot of joy. Someone who is enjoying their life, doing what they wanna do, has a hell of a lot more of a "life" than some bitter loser who is miserable with their own life and has to put down others in order to make themselves feel better.

pinkace
May 27, 2009, 09:43 PM
^

Good point and excellently made! :)

It's already horribly dead.

It is? man, I could have sworn that's what I have been playing all evening... maybe I imagined it?

*rolls eyes*

In any case, I promise that every single one of you here will try it at least once. Why? Just so you can come here and bitch and moan about how you just got ripped off and how much Sega sucks. Do I have a finger on the pulse of this community or what? :p ;)

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
May 27, 2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, that's how it should be. It's kinda like every other game out there. The more you do it, the more you practice, the more experience you have, the better you should be at it. Wouldn't it suck to practice your ass off for an entire year for tennis, only to be beaten by some out of shape loser just because he makes more money than you?

And as a side note, I disagree about the whole "good video game players have no life" statement that so many jealous players mention. What is so bad about someone spending a lot of time doing something that they enjoy? Personally speaking, video games are my favorite thing to do, so playing a ton of them is actually a good thing, since it brings me a lot of joy. Someone who is enjoying their life, doing what they wanna do, has a hell of a lot more of a "life" than some bitter loser who is miserable with their own life and has to put down others in order to make themselves feel better.
Agreed

Pickleahoy
May 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
I will quit when this comes out.

Volcompat321
May 27, 2009, 11:20 PM
I will quit when this comes out.

As much as I wouldn't want to agree with you, I think this will mark the absolute end of PSU. I will stick around til the servers go down, but I wont enjoy this update when our side gets it. I'll keep doing normal missions. :/

Puppet_Papaya
May 27, 2009, 11:28 PM

But being good at PSU dosn't require skill. Grinding levels and PAs just takes time. Hours and hours of time.

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 11:35 PM

I'm gonna back you up 100% on this, I've been playing this game for over 2 years and my highest character is 137 today, I see people who started playing this game during the STD who have easily surpassed me in level, though not in quality equipment. I don't resent them on the contrary, good for them if they have that kind of free time to devote to a game they enjoy.

I do not have that kind of free time, but I do have a good job and I will not hesitate to route some more cash into something I truly enjoy. You know it's not about equalizing myself in the game with people who have time to play more, or having better equipment than others its about maximizing the enjoyment of my free time. I work hard and that has privileges If you disagree with that well tough luck.

Gibdozer
May 27, 2009, 11:49 PM
You make it sound as though exploiting their game's players is their right.

That's because it is! Why should Sega sit back and allow third parties to make money illegally off of their intellectual property? If people are willing to pay more real money for content/items Sega has the exclusive right to provide the service and receive the profits.

pinkace
May 27, 2009, 11:55 PM
As much as I wouldn't want to agree with you, I think this will mark the absolute end of PSU. I will stick around til the servers go down, but I wont enjoy this update when our side gets it. I'll keep doing normal missions. :/

I think we are panicking way too early. This update is at least a year away for us :)

Volcompat321
May 27, 2009, 11:57 PM
I think we are panicking way too early. This update is at least a year away for us :)

Not sure it's at least a year or not, but no one is panicking. I just know I already don't like this one bit. I'll just keep playing the way I will normally.

Zarode
May 28, 2009, 12:58 AM
The Maplestory crowd would eat this shit up.

FOnewearl-Lina
May 28, 2009, 01:39 AM
It is? man, I could have sworn that's what I have been playing all evening... maybe I imagined it?
Let your imagination run wild! Just because the population is dead doesn't mean you can't play.
Actually US servers would have been pretty busy lately with StD running and all, but over here all we got is GBR with lvl 140 enemies and Innocent Girl, which is a solo mission.

xBladeM6x
May 28, 2009, 07:37 AM
That's because it is! Why should Sega sit back and allow third parties to make money illegally off of their intellectual property? If people are willing to pay more real money for content/items Sega has the exclusive right to provide the service and receive the profits.
Just because they have the right and ability to do it, doesn't make it a respectfully correct thing to do.

/ argument.

The Maplestory crowd would eat this shit up.
Their servers are free to play on. So it's okay. They would mind all because they have to pay a sub on top of buying missions.

FOnewearl-Lina
May 28, 2009, 07:44 AM
Money speaks.

xBladeM6x
May 28, 2009, 07:48 AM
Money speaks.
Unfortunately. You would think that game developers wouldn't be so concerned with money, and just concentrate on making quality content for it's fans. Guess not everyone can be Valve.

Arika
May 28, 2009, 08:24 AM
Too early to complain unless you see the whole content.

Riviera
May 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
So, ppl QQing about monsters' lvl brought this up... I might start a group of QQers that QQ about lack of pvp then. I think it would be a better place to invest my funds than more pve.

Give monsters a break you SEGA pansies :C

PepperCat
May 28, 2009, 10:07 AM
(Now accepting all items in quitting threads...) :p

Seriously though, I for one can deal with it.

If this is the way SEGA is going to make their game and treat the players then fine, I can spare a little cash to try out some of the new stuff.

If the items/missions suck, I just won't play/use the cash shop stuff. End of story.

(Although being able to get that 8/10 to 10/10 by paying a bit of extra money might reduce stress from grinding items and the need to find more.)

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
I hardly see the harm in it really. People complain because they're afraid that someone will get what they've worked hard for with less work? Isn't that exactly what's been going on with the event? Looking at my character list I've got a character it took about 700 hours to hit 150 (my main who hit 150 at the end of the 1st mag), my first alt who took 400 hours to hit 150 (large amounts of Mag and Carnival), and now I've got a second alt who will hit 150 today somewhere around 250 hours.

The counter to all this would be that a character speed leveled would have garbage PAs, bullets, or techs. Not the case with a 2x PA exp boost coming up.

So, I'm not gonna run and hide with my tail between my legs, I'm gonna keep playing. This doesn't affect me if I don't want it to, and it can only affect me positively if I decide to use it.

I think it'll be a cool thing I can do for my guildies at least. Have a regular contest for my members and hand out GC missions or content as a prize. It'll definitely make the game better for them :P

OldCoot
May 28, 2009, 11:21 AM
If players are already buying third party meseta to get more in the game then it sounds like there is already a market out there for GC to be effective.

I won't quit over GC, but I won't be spending more on top of my GL to get items from these special GC only missions.

FOnewearl-Lina
May 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
If players are already buying third party meseta to get more in the game then it sounds like there is already a market out there for GC to be effective.
They are, it's called Real Money Trading.
Do a search on google for PSU and RMT to see just how widespread it is...

Seere LaBeyken
May 28, 2009, 11:46 AM
Are we really sure that GC is irl money? Maybe its just a hard to obtain form of in game currency? o.O (*Being Optimistic*)

EspioKaos
May 28, 2009, 12:00 PM
Are we really sure that GC is irl money?
100% positive. It will be available to purchase from the billing site whenever they get everything ready to go.

pinkace
May 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
Truth.

Also, if your unhappy with the direction PSU will take (and it will eventually hit NA also), just quit the game now. What is the point of spending more money on something that you will eventually leave behind anyway once the inevitable change is made? I did, I cut my losses months ago and I haven't been happier. I do miss the community and playing the game, but thems the breaks.

I mean seriously, the information that you see in this thread has been speculated to be integrated for at least 6 months now...I dunno why people are getting upset all of the sudden. You've had time to weigh your options and do your research.

I mean if someone told you your house was gonna get bombed in a year, and you wait until you hear the bomber coming before you throw a fit and try to find a way out of town, I think you really only got yourself to blame.

This is coming, figure out what you're gonna do. Don't wait til the last minute and throw a shitfit on the boards when it's too late and nobody will care. Make a decision and either embrace the coming change, decide to tolerate it, or cut your losses. In other words, deal. :lol:

Feeling lonely in the quitter's box? Trying hard to convince more people to join you huh? :p

How sad....

Your argue that because this is 6 months away, people should quit now. This is a completely flawed argument. It is the other way around; enjoy it while it lasts. Its like a man with cancer killing himself because he only has 1 year to live. This is not a bomb coming from a B-52, it's a change that will not destroy the game. You can go ahead and partake, or not.

It's never black or white, it's shades of gray.

The_Brimada
May 28, 2009, 01:51 PM
Don't know what you're rambling n about, but Cracka did hit it right on the money. If you are planning to quit you might as well now.

I'm sorry but your example does not fit the situation, its has nothing to do with a person's life. Its a game's lifespan(moreso), and quite frankly it would be a waste of your own life to worry about playing the game now if you already know for a fact you'll be quiiting in X months anyway. Might as well find something new to enjoy now

Gibdozer
May 28, 2009, 01:53 PM
Just because they have the right and ability to do it, doesn't make it a respectfully correct thing to do.

/ argument.

Their servers are free to play on. So it's okay. They would mind all because they have to pay a sub on top of buying missions.

Since when is it disrespectful to try and make money on your ideas and hard work? I guess they should be the nice and do everything for free? They could start by printing copies of the game mailing them out to all the 360/PS2/PC owners in the world! Then instead of pay to play they would mail us all a monthly check to keep the population up!

It's almost as if they designed this game out of some twisted desire to make money.

P.S. when you wear a blindfold all day does it ever start to itch?

Pickleahoy
May 28, 2009, 02:04 PM
Also, if your unhappy with the direction PSU will take (and it will eventually hit NA also), just quit the game now. What is the point of spending more money on something that you will eventually leave behind anyway once the inevitable change is made?

If you go by that then you shouldn't even have started playing this game when it came out since one day the servers would've been taken down.

I don't know about others, but the reason for quitting is not that I will feel cheated because others will catch up faster, but the issue is the way Sega is planning to charge more on top of 10 bucks in order to enjoy all that the game offers. For that amount of money I'll rather try out other new MMOs.

pinkace
May 28, 2009, 02:30 PM
Don't know what you're rambling n about, but Cracka did hit it right on the money. If you are planning to quit you might as well now.

I'm sorry but your example does not fit the situation, its has nothing to do with a person's life. Its a game's lifespan(moreso), and quite frankly it would be a waste of your own life to worry about playing the game now if you already know for a fact you'll be quiiting in X months anyway. Might as well find something new to enjoy now

Hello, My name is Analogy.

This young man explained my point more succinctly:

If you go by that then you shouldn't even have started playing this game when it came out since one day the servers would've been taken down.

goldbrease
May 28, 2009, 02:59 PM
i can see this feasible if $1=1000 or 10000 GC and a mission only costs 5 gc per person and the rare drop rate is so high you are garanteed the rare materials and boards and weapons.
other wise this will go sour fast, i don't think even the jp players will want to spend irl cash to do a mission 50 times just to get one weapon board and those 50 runs cost them $100

OldCoot
May 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
As others have stated, we can only wait and see what will happen.

My concern is that by having GC, the attention and thus the time of the support personel will now mostly go to whatever brings in the better money. Soon more and more staff will be working on the new items and missions that are only obtained though use of GC leaving behind fewer to handle problems that might come up.

The_Brimada
May 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hello, My name is Analogy.

This young man explained my point more succinctly:

I'm more than perfectly aware of that when buying this game to begin with and paying for my online fee, so what's your point? I was also aware of something like whats being stated here being a possibility of happening from day one and was willing to accept that when getting this game. The point still stands, no point in anyone bitching about whats going to happen in the future, if you cared so much about something you didnt want being implemented in the game, you shouldnt be playing this game to begin with.

It happens with every new thing that comes with this game and the same people moan and groan about it claiming they will quit yet they are still here, so please excuse me if i tell them to quit now if they plan on quitting anyway. It makes perfect sense (I tell ya what- if you don't get the reference too bad :p).

pinkace
May 28, 2009, 05:42 PM
I'm more than perfectly aware of that when buying this game to begin with and paying for my online fee, so what's your point? I was also aware of something like whats being stated here being a possibility of happening from day one and was willing to accept that when getting this game. The point still stands, no point in anyone bitching about whats going to happen in the future, if you cared so much about something you didnt want being implemented in the game, you shouldnt be playing this game to begin with.

It happens with every new thing that comes with this game and the same people moan and groan about it claiming they will quit yet they are still here, so please excuse me if i tell them to quit now if they plan on quitting anyway. It makes perfect sense (I tell ya what- if you don't get the reference too bad :p).

I misunderstood your intentions then. I agree that the moaners should just quit and go away and shut up.

But it seems you misunderstood Cracka-J's point. He is not posting to complain that people are complaining; he is in fact saying that the game is ruined because of something that hasn't happened yet and because of that whoever doesn't like this prospective Guardian's cash thing should quit.

Not when this thing is implemented but now, today.

That is borderline re-re.

Lucente.
May 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
No idea if anyone else asked this since I can't be bothered to read the entire thread. Is it a one time payment to access or "unlock" the mission or do you have to pay every time? (As unlikely as it seems, I would certainly hope option one. Thought I better ask regardless.)

Volcompat321
May 28, 2009, 08:56 PM
That's actually a good question, I was wondering this myself. Although option 1 doesn't seem likely, we could hope. Then I might be somewhat interested in trying this. If it's not, I'll be going back to plan 1, doing the missions I normally would, with or without this update.

Kylie
May 28, 2009, 09:37 PM
So to fight 170+ monsters requires GUARDIANS Cash? Here's hoping that's not a common theme. I'm still not a fan of the idea of paying extra (in a subscription based game no less) for more content though- these missions would have to be pretty awesome to convince me otherwise.I agree entirely. I'm also not thrilled that they're going to slowly leak this content too, but what's new?

Zyrusticae
May 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
We'll see how it all pans out by then, now, won't we?

In the meantime, it doesn't affect me because I lack the funds to maintain a subscription anywho....

SSephy21
May 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
if they are doing this, I hope they would make the game a Free to Play or lower the payment.

Powder Keg
May 28, 2009, 11:01 PM
This is something easily ignored, but fucking lol @ paying to play missions on top of already paying to play.

Yunfa
May 28, 2009, 11:31 PM
"Blah blah blah I don't have money blah blah blah,"

CAN IT!!! If you don't have the money, then sucks for you! Money makes this world go around, in game and in real life. The more you have, the more options you will have on obtaining a better quality of playing this game, or living your life.

- I've heard the same excuses over & over again, don't try to justify yourself just because you don't the have the money, but other people do, and feel bitter about it.

- I for one would not mind putting $1k down into Guardian's cash depending on the rewards.

Katy
May 28, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hopefully these missions are actually worth a damn. They should learn from PSO ep 2/4 level designs as far as being unique and not so flat/bland like most PSU missions are. If they do a good job with the overall layout and design, I think it would tempt doubtful players (even if they choose to never do so). But if its more rehash with just higher level monsters, then yeah just boycott and move on.

Volcompat321
May 28, 2009, 11:53 PM
- I for one would not mind putting $1k down into Guardian's cash depending on the rewards.

$1000 seems a bit too much to get something in a game. There is 1000 other things I could spend $1k on. Now, $100 bucks is more my limit, depending on the rewards.
I've put almost 3 years in this game, I'd love to continue playing no matter how this guardians cash thing works out. I'll go ahead and round up my time playing to 3 years, that's $360 dollars (about) I wouldn't even think of paying $1k on top of that, and I'm not short on money whatsoever. It's a matter of wanting to pay or not.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2009, 12:17 AM

CAN IT!!! If you don't have the money, then sucks for you! Money makes this world go around, in game and in real life. The more you have, the more options you will have on obtaining a better quality of playing this game, or living your life.

- I've heard the same excuses over & over again, don't try to justify yourself just because you don't the have the money, but other people do, and feel bitter about it.

MTV Sweet 16 featuring: Yunfa.

Also, Missing the point / 10

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 12:19 AM
MTV Sweet 16 featuring: Yunfa.

That was funny. Seriously funny. I would so watch that.

Arika
May 29, 2009, 12:22 AM
I think they will plan to release higher level mission on theses GC first. and then I m sure that rank S4-v1, S3-aoi will do the job to have level 200 for freely access..

Just as what they said before, these kind of GC mission is to boost casual players who care to become better (in game..)

DreXxiN
May 29, 2009, 01:30 AM

Yes, because SEGAC making a bad marketing decision will obviously make the 10 people still playing and paying IRL money to compete over each other when there's no real economy because they just PAY for everything will definitely rock their world and make the game more enjoyable for said remaining players. PSO-W Brilliance at it's finest.

Inazuma
May 29, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cracka has a point. If you know that you will end up quitting a game sometime in the future, you may as well quit now and save yourself the pain. As for me, I am going to quit PSU today because I was planning on quitting for Diablo III anyway. Originally, I was gonna keep playing PSU until sometime next year when Diablo comes out, but that's a waste.

Oh wait a sec. I will eventually want to quit Diablo too, so I guess I should quit video games altogether. Whew, saved myself a lot of trouble there.

Come to think of it, I will die of old age in about.... 60 or so years so I should just commit suicide today and save myself the trouble of doing it then. Thanks Cracka for your logical advice.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 10:50 AM
Idc what people decide to do, as long as they make a decision that's best for themselves instead of waiting til the change hits and crying then. That's it.

How convenient that you only quote part of what you posted. Here is the full post:

Also, if your unhappy with the direction PSU will take (and it will eventually hit NA also), just quit the game now. What is the point of spending more money on something that you will eventually leave behind anyway once the inevitable change is made? I did, I cut my losses months ago and I haven't been happier. I do miss the community and playing the game, but thems the breaks.

I mean seriously, the information that you see in this thread has been speculated to be integrated for at least 6 months now...I dunno why people are getting upset all of the sudden. You've had time to weigh your options and do your research.

I mean if someone told you your house was gonna get bombed in a year, and you wait until you hear the bomber coming before you throw a fit and try to find a way out of town, I think you really only got yourself to blame.

This is coming, figure out what you're gonna do. Don't wait til the last minute and throw a shitfit on the boards when it's too late and nobody will care. Make a decision and either embrace the coming change, decide to tolerate it, or cut your losses. In other words, deal.

So you did in fact say that since the game will be ruined in a few months, it is justifiable to quit now. That is what you said, and that is absolutely retarded.

Please stop trying to make my posts into something their not. Don't get me wrong, I do find it very endearing that you continue to flamebait me, so don't feel like all your hard work goes to waste ;)

Quit your passive-aggressive games, resolve your parent-issues elsewhere. You are a troll, never do you post anything positive and you don't even play this game. Why are you here? There are plenty of boards in PSOW for you.

Cracka_J
May 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
You're all right and I'm wrong. Peace.

EspioKaos
May 29, 2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090530a.html
http://dps.dengeki.com/psu/2009/05/playstation.html (screens at this link)

It seems the article in Dengeki PlayStation didn't allow enough space to include all of the information the writer wanted to note, so he put it (and some screens) on his official blog. Here are some new details from the writer's entry.

Legacy of the Light
* 1-4 players, no NPCs or partner machines allowed.
* Difficulties C-S will be available upon release.
* Difficulty C will have a requirement of LV50 for players, enemies will start at LV100.
* The mission's field is actually VR Kugu RELICS, not the real location.
* The mission is cleared by reaching the central point of the VR RELICS site.
* You will receive one Photon Crystal for S-ranking the mission, though is doesn't clarify if this is for all difficulties or if the payout increases with difficulty.

Entrusted Defense
* As seen in the screenshot, you will be fighting enemies in VR Clyez City.
* This is an extermination mission. The mission is cleared by defeating a predetermined (though currently undetermined) number of enemies.

PepperCat
May 29, 2009, 01:49 PM
* Difficulty C will have a requirement of LV50 for players, enemies will start at LV100.

ZOMG... Level 100 on C... thats awesome. :D

Ruru
May 29, 2009, 05:27 PM
i find it funny that sega allows us to level up our PM's but doesnt allow us to use them in most event=/=missions

i'm also on the fence about this whole GC thing. seems a bit strange that they would take a dying game (yes it is dying even on JP server side) and try to milk more money out of its players. i do enjoy new content dont get me wrong, but i'd rather not pay more to play something i'm already paying for to begin with. i guess we'll just have to see where this goes. hopefully its not as bad as it sounds. i cant see this working for long if it is.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 05:55 PM
All online/mmo games reach a plateau. I was just reading about console mid-life crisis; Sony, MS and Nintendo shift their marketing strategies when a system reaches the middle of the road. Similarly, MMOs reach a mid-life, at which point they change things up.

However this is PSU so everything is so slow! I am ready for the expansion and the blue items in PSUPedia!!!

biggabertha
May 29, 2009, 06:06 PM
Lv. 50 to enter a C mission... that's crazy...!

Even though paying extra money is a pretty bad thing for a game that we already pay to play, it does mean that we will be getting SOMETHING as opposed to enemies that are roughly our level.

With any luck, we'll get a nice surprise and we'll continually get constant updates, new missions, CLOTHES, WEAPONS, PAs etc.

thunder-ray
May 29, 2009, 06:23 PM

And as a side note, I disagree about the whole "good video game players have no life" statement that so many jealous players mention. What is so bad about someone spending a lot of time doing something that they enjoy? Personally speaking, video games are my favorite thing to do, so playing a ton of them is actually a good thing, since it brings me a lot of joy. Someone who is enjoying their life, doing what they wanna do, has a hell of a lot more of a "life" than some bitter loser who is miserable with their own life and has to put down others in order to make themselves feel better.I agree

Unfortunately. You would think that game developers wouldn't be so concerned with money, and just concentrate on making quality content for it's fans. Guess not everyone can be Valve.Money talks and bullshit walks.

Cracka has a point. If you know that you will end up quitting a game sometime in the future, you may as well quit now and save yourself the pain. As for me, I am going to quit PSU today because I was planning on quitting for Diablo III anyway. Originally, I was gonna keep playing PSU until sometime next year when Diablo comes out, but that's a waste.
As you said cracka does have A good point however I plan on staying with psu untill the end. Why? Cause I love this game :).

Yusaku_Kudou
May 29, 2009, 06:43 PM
They should drop the fee on PSU completely and then GUARDIANS Cash seems to become tolerable. That way at least people who will never use it will save lol.

Inazuma
May 29, 2009, 06:50 PM
As you said cracka does have A good point however I plan on staying with psu untill the end. Why? Cause I love this game :).

I didn't actually quit PSU (or kill myself for that matter). Hopefully you could read the sarcasm in my post. However, I will say that depending on how badly this ruins the game, I may quit. I really do love PSU so I'd like to try my best to not quit, if that's possible.

misstigress
May 29, 2009, 08:23 PM
I'm actually surprised at how everyone seems to be so astonished by this announcement -- we've known it was coming for quite some time now. Incidentally, Everquest 2 implemented a cash shop system not too long ago in addition to the $14.99(USD) monthly subscription that it already has, and I expect more MMOs to do the same as their populations continue to dwindle.

As I've said to those who were inexorably complaining before, your most potent weapon is your subscription fee. No one has you hooked to a ball and chain; you can leave whenever you like. In any case, all of the anguish I'm seeing here seems to be unwarranted: Either you're leaving or you aren't. But creating some lavish, prima donna-styled thread/post to announce that you're quitting only serves to draw the ire of those who aren't in addition to making you seem like a completely vacuous moron. It's also premature to draw conclusions at this point since we have no concrete information on which to base these complaints.

Personally, I think that progress within a subscription-based game should purely be based upon one's own merits (i.e. effort invested/actual player skill); otherwise, I'd simply go play a F2P game like Runes of Magic. Once a game starts allowing people to use real currency in order to progress, I think that the experience of earning something yourself is completely negated. (As for those of you who are so persistent about having one's social stature in reality translate into a video game as well, go play Project Entropia or some other "real-economy" based MMO where everything is based upon how much cash you're willing to fork over. Or perhaps you should play a game that simply allows you to cheat (yes, there's no euphemism for what you desire here) without having to invest a cent aside from the initial purchase price.)

In my case, if/when I become incensed enough by a development change that's made to the game that I'm actually contemplating leaving, I'll just quietly make the transition to another game. But I'm still playing and will continue to do so unless Sega has an egregious lapse in judgment regarding the GC issue, but as I said before, it's too early to presume anything, and as long as I'm still enjoying the game, that's all that's relevant in my book.

thunder-ray
May 29, 2009, 10:01 PM
I didn't actually quit PSU (or kill myself for that matter). Hopefully you could read the sarcasm in my post. However, I will say that depending on how badly this ruins the game, I may quit. I really do love PSU so I'd like to try my best to not quit, if that's possible.Well I hope this doesnt ruin the game x.x.

ashley50
May 29, 2009, 10:16 PM
NA/EU servers don't need t worru about this thing for months, so just relax and enjoy the game.

LuigiMario
May 29, 2009, 11:25 PM

You are a BIG fool. I pity the fool that quits because of a JAPANESE update.

Morganna
May 30, 2009, 12:34 AM

While I am not displeased about the cash shop, and intend to avail myself of it when it comes, if I had 1k I'd buy an xbox so I could play PSU where people actually were. :p

DAMASCUS
May 30, 2009, 12:41 AM
It's too bad they wouldn't just offer a package deal with the subscription to get a few PSU dollars to play around with and try out some of these missions without committing to it in disposable income...wait what am I saying?

pinkace
May 30, 2009, 01:08 AM

Bye bye.

AlphaDragoon
May 30, 2009, 01:22 PM
ROFL at the "I'd pay $1,000 for Segac's missions that should be available in the first place" comment.

There's no game or even console that I'd willingly drop $1,000 for. In the real world you were talking about there's things called BILLS. :lol:

Gibdozer
May 30, 2009, 03:03 PM
Personally, I think that progress within a subscription-based game should purely be based upon one's own merits (i.e. effort invested/actual player skill); otherwise, I'd simply go play a F2P game like Runes of Magic. Once a game starts allowing people to use real currency in order to progress, I think that the experience of earning something yourself is completely negated. (As for those of you who are so persistent about having one's social stature in reality translate into a video game as well, go play Project Entropia or some other "real-economy" based MMO where everything is based upon how much cash you're willing to fork over. Or perhaps you should play a game that simply allows you to cheat (yes, there's no euphemism for what you desire here) without having to invest a cent aside from the initial purchase price.)

First no one is talking about cheating, or directly buying levels, meseta, or weapons. The fact is we don't even know at this time what it will be or how much it will cost.

Second you say its unfair for someones social stature to affect the game, but a lack of social stature is a totally acceptable means of improving ones game standing.

So even though I've been playing 2 years and my highest character is 139, because I don't have endless free time, I am consistently surpassed by Sucky Mcworthless 22 living in moms basement and riding his bmx bike to the store 3times a week to bag groceries part time.

Honestly I'm not mad at Sucky, even though hes been playing for less than a month is a level 150, will soon have max PA skills because of the boost, and runs around the 4th floor calling everyone he sees under 150 a noob. That's just how it is, because SOCIAL STATURE in real life is supremely relevant to this game!

That's not an opinion its a fact I've got more hours logged over the last two years than Sucky but since he has the free time he can jump in during an event and max out over the course of a few weeks.

If I enjoy these missions I will definitely purchase guardians cash. If you believe that makes you a better gamer/person than me, well I guess I can live with that.

Chuck_Norris
May 30, 2009, 03:13 PM
ROFL at the "I'd pay $1,000 for Segac's missions that should be available in the first place" comment.

There's no game or even console that I'd willingly drop $1,000 for. In the real world you were talking about there's things called BILLS. :lol:

Although you probably HAVE dropped over a thousand dollars on any given console, between the games, accessories, and of course the console itself.

Halcyote
May 30, 2009, 03:59 PM
Although you probably HAVE dropped over a thousand dollars on any given console, between the games, accessories, and of course the console itself.
B-but that makes SENSE!

Lucente.
May 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090530a.html
http://dps.dengeki.com/psu/2009/05/playstation.html (screens at this link)

It seems the article in Dengeki PlayStation didn't allow enough space to include all of the information the writer wanted to note, so he put it (and some screens) on his official blog. Here are some new details from the writer's entry.

Legacy of the Light
* The mission's field is actually VR Kugu RELICS, not the real location.
* The mission is cleared by reaching the central point of the VR RELICS site.
* You will receive one Photon Crystal for S-ranking the mission, though is doesn't clarify if this is for all difficulties or if the payout increases with difficulty.

Entrusted Defense
* As seen in the screenshot, you will be fighting enemies in VR Clyez City.
* This is an extermination mission. The mission is cleared by defeating a predetermined (though currently undetermined) number of enemies.

I took a look at the screens etc on the Denkegi page, I couldn't help but notice something about Photon crystals, a Lavis cannon and Photon Spheres? I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say you need the photon crystals to transfer over the Lavis cannon from PSP? Or possibly use them to make a photon sphere? My Japanese is not so good I couldn't make out the whole sentence.

EspioKaos
May 30, 2009, 05:43 PM
I took a look at the screens etc on the Denkegi page, I couldn't help but notice something about Photon crystals, a Lavis cannon and Photon Spheres? I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say you need the photon crystals to transfer over the Lavis cannon from PSP? Or possibly use them to make a photon sphere? My Japanese is not so good I couldn't make out the whole sentence.
It's all speculation on the author's part. Basically, he's just tossing around ideas of how Photon Crystals could be used to get weapons like the Lavis Cannon among others by introducing an exchange mission like PSP's Unrecorded Order.

AlphaDragoon
May 31, 2009, 01:56 AM
It's all speculation on the author's part. Basically, he's just tossing around ideas of how Photon Crystals could be used to get weapons like the Lavis Cannon among others by introducing an exchange mission like PSP's Unrecorded Order.

Dang, I almost got excited and giddy from hearing "Lavis Cannon". Don't get my hopes up like that, guys. :-(

But guess what, that's still not one game, like that guy suggested. No one game deserves $1,000 bucks to buy stuff that if we're being REALLY honest should be already available. If I wanted my life ruined by buying stupid in-game stuff en masse with real money I'd play Second Life.

HyperShot-X-
May 31, 2009, 10:56 AM
What's all the talk and no substance lacking in progress here?

I don't get these ppl complaining about paying more for better content in a video game that you play for your own entertainment, not a job where you invest more time to get more in return. Time = money, if you lack in money, then better go find a part time job or something instead of playing PSU all day 24/7, Simple.

Now, to Sega:
Lower the monthly Guardian License subscription to $4.99 and the Guardian Cash to cost 100 points for $1.00 so users can purchase 500 GC points with their left over money from monthly sub. Make these new GC missions to cost 10 GC points per user per mission. That would do it.