PDA

View Full Version : My playstation 3 :(

thunder-ray
May 27, 2009, 09:58 PM
I was playing street fighter 4 (playing as my fav character ken) on my ps3 and all of a sudden it freezes. At first I thought "ok I just need to restart it and everything is cool" since in the past it has frozen during play. But when I restart my ps3 it doesnt even get to the menu screen ><. It ether freezes before it gets to the menu screen or it just turns off by itself while the red light flashes. After two long years it has worked great for me it all of a sudden breaks. And I dont even have the money to get it fixed DAMNIT!. Im so PISSED OFF :mad:

Chuck_Norris
May 27, 2009, 10:39 PM
Sounds pretty bad. You are turning the power switch off then on, right? Not just hitting the red switch?

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2009, 11:23 PM
RRoD is being ported to the PS3.

Rasputin
May 27, 2009, 11:25 PM
HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK

Unit D79
May 28, 2009, 12:24 AM
ah so the rrod has started infecting ps3s? and so the epidemic begins. thank god no one cares about the wii

thunder-ray
May 28, 2009, 12:25 AM
Sounds pretty bad. You are turning the power switch off then on, right? Not just hitting the red switch?I did hit the red switch when it froze the first time. But then I couldnt turn it off by hitting the red switch anymore when it froze the secound time. So I turned it off with the power switch but when I turned it back on I got the same results as before :disapprove:.

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
ah so the rrod has started infecting ps3s? and so the epidemic begins. thank god no one cares about the wii
It's so the PS3 has one less exclusive to worry about.

Zarode
May 28, 2009, 12:52 AM
It's a problem with the older systems. Probably going to cost you an arm and a leg, but beats buying a completely new one. Sorry for your loss. :wacko:

thunder-ray
May 28, 2009, 02:34 PM
Update: I called up sony to see if I can get it fixed. They told me it would cost be $149 bucks to get my 60 gb ps3 fixed. When I asked the guy on the phone what would happen if they couldnt fix my old ps3, he said they would give me a brand new one :). I felt much better after hearing this, now the only thing I gotta do is get the money to have it fixed. Which isnt a problem no more since my mom said shes gonna help me pay for it :D.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
May 28, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well at least in the end you'll be getting some help from your mom. How is Street Fighter 4 anyways? I've heard some good things about it and wanted to try it out. But due to low funds and trying to find a second job things aren't goin my way.

thunder-ray
May 28, 2009, 02:53 PM
Well at least in the end you'll be getting some help from your mom. How is Street Fighter 4 anyways? I've heard some good things about it and wanted to try it out. But due to low funds and trying to find a second job things aren't goin my way.It was badass in my opinion. The fighting system seemed a bit more advance then the last one I played before (which was super street fighter 2 on the sega genesis some years ago >_>). Funny stuff was when I was fighting seth in the arcade mode on very hard, I was hitting him with ken's ultra combo to finish him. Right when I was about to see ken's finishing hit it freaking froze on me before I could win the match lol.

Cracka_J
May 29, 2009, 08:33 AM
It's a problem with the older systems. Probably going to cost you an arm and a leg, but beats buying a completely new one. Sorry for your loss. :wacko:

What exactly is the issue? I've been considering buying an older ps3 for the backwards compatibility alone (:D), so just kinda wondering what the defect is.

Off topic on SFIV - one of my favorite SF's probably right under Alpha 2. Game is not dominated by engine gimmicks (*cough*parries*cough*), and relies on a lot of old school attacking/zoning/defense. It's basic and gritty, but a lot of fun and looks spectacular. Pretty much all I've been playing over the last 3 months. I really like the game a lot. You should give it a try if you enjoyed some of the older SF games.

Kent
May 29, 2009, 10:06 AM
It's a weird thing with the older PS3s. My school actually had two that were dead, right out of the box. I don't really know what causes it, just that the end result is when you power the system on, the light blinks and the thing beeps at you rather angrily.

...Obviously, it's backwards-compatibility that kills PS3s. :wacko:

Zarode
May 29, 2009, 11:39 AM
What exactly is the issue? I've been considering buying an older ps3 for the backwards compatibility alone (:D), so just kinda wondering what the defect is.

See, that's the thing. There are no signs, and when it happens, it just does. Luckily, the 60 gb PS3 I had didn't crap out on me, and I used it a LOT. Thing I love about the PS3 was it was more a media center then the 360 will ever be. Kinda miss it, honestly. *sigh*

thunder-ray
May 29, 2009, 12:59 PM

Off topic on SFIV - one of my favorite SF's probably right under Alpha 2. Game is not dominated by engine gimmicks (*cough*parries*cough*), and relies on a lot of old school attacking/zoning/defense. It's basic and gritty, but a lot of fun and looks spectacular. Pretty much all I've been playing over the last 3 months. I really like the game a lot. You should give it a try if you enjoyed some of the older SF games.Ok ill give alpha 2 a try then I know im gonna like it. Now I need a PSP lol ^^;

Triple_S
May 29, 2009, 02:00 PM
Alpha 3 is a good one as well. Alpha 2 can be found on many systems, although the Playstation version is generally the best.

Personally I prefer Alpha 3 over Alpha 2, but it is a very close call. Alpha 3 can be found on the PSP, I THINK the PS2, and the Dreamcast. The PSP version may have a couple new characters, but I prefer the Dreamcast version.

Outrider
May 29, 2009, 04:03 PM
Alpha 3 is a good one as well. Alpha 2 can be found on many systems, although the Playstation version is generally the best.

Personally I prefer Alpha 3 over Alpha 2, but it is a very close call. Alpha 3 can be found on the PSP, I THINK the PS2, and the Dreamcast. The PSP version may have a couple new characters, but I prefer the Dreamcast version.

Well, I can definitely confirm that Alpha 3 is available on the original Playstation, since my brother owns it and I've played it many times.

But wasn't there an Alpha collection on PS2 (and maybe Xbox?) that has all three of the games on one disc? You could always try that.

thunder-ray
May 29, 2009, 04:08 PM
I looked up on gamefaqs and it showed that they had a Street fighter Alpha Anthology pack for the ps2. Ill just go to a gamestop, buy it and give it a shot :). It will give me something to play with untill I can get my ps3 fixed.

jShazBot
May 30, 2009, 01:07 AM
PS3's break just like Xbox 360's do. Fanboys just decide to rant on about RRoD more because they've obviously heard about it more BECAUSE more people own 360's in the first place.

Chuck_Norris
May 30, 2009, 01:13 AM
PS3's break just like Xbox 360's do. Fanboys just decide to rant on about RRoD more because they've obviously heard about it more BECAUSE more people own 360's in the first place.

All machines eventually break. 360's break more because China builds them out of toothpaste, lead, and urin America makes them. Nuff' said.

jShazBot
May 30, 2009, 01:20 AM
All machines eventually break. 360's break more because China builds them out of toothpaste, lead, and urin America makes them. Nuff' said.

Your mom makes them.

DID YOU KNOW? :wacko:

Chuck Norris was actually ONE of Bruce Lee's (the greatest man who ever lived) Disciples? And Bruce Lee was MADE IN CHINA! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE

Chuck_Norris
May 30, 2009, 01:39 AM
Your mom makes them.

Chuck Norris was actually ONE of Bruce Lee's (the greatest man who ever lived) Disciples? And Bruce Lee was MADE IN CHINA! 8-)

Damnit, Lead Poisoning is Chuck's only weakness.

Zarode
May 30, 2009, 09:38 AM

Microsoft decided to cut corners, so they deserve the shit they get, including the fan boys. (fan boys deserve no respect, honestly)

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 10:05 AM
Your mom makes them.

Did you know Bruce Lee is my hero, and Bruce Lee kills Chuck gayNorris.
Also, Chuck gayNorris is about 70 years old now.

thunder-ray
May 30, 2009, 01:26 PM
Your mom makes them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXEChuck Norris needs to shave all of that body hair off >.>.

thunder-ray
May 30, 2009, 07:02 PM
Two new updates

Update 1: Ive got all the money I need now to get my ps3 fixed :D (thanks to my mom for giving me the other half I needed). Now I just have to go send it to sony and play the waiting game for awhile untill i get it back.

Update 2: I went up to the new gamestop near my house to get the street fighter alpha pack for the ps2. Only to find out that I was 2 mins late on buying the last one they had T_T. I knew I shouldve called gamestop in advance to get them to hold it for me. DAMNIT ALL! >_<

jShazBot
May 30, 2009, 07:33 PM
Did you know Bruce Lee is my hero, and Bruce Lee kills Chuck gayNorris.
Also, Chuck gayNorris is about 70 years old now.

Volcompat I figured Bruce Lee would be your hero as well because your hardcore unlike everyone else here. :-)

Chuck Norris can go suck a fat one because Bruce Lee whooped his ass.

Volcompat321
May 31, 2009, 06:22 AM
Bruce Lee turned it up to 11 at 1:00 in.
3:34 in, Chuck Norris tries and fails to turn it up to 11.

Chuck Norris needs to shave all of that body hair off >.>.
It came off with his old age. Bruce Lee died a legend, Chuck Norris will die an old fart.

jShazBot
May 31, 2009, 11:37 AM
Bruce Lee is the only man to have ever cranked it to 11. All others have almost died trying.