PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite type?

Cynless
May 28, 2009, 10:03 AM
Hey all. I haven't played this game in over a year, and I figured that I'd ask people what their favorite types are currently (since I've heard nothing of these Master Classes).

When I left, I was playing a Wartecher. He wasn't very powerful, but he was fun. Any others? Are Wartecher/Guntecher any good still, or have they just fallen even further behind in terms of usage with the power of the Master classes?

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2009, 10:25 AM
I've been using the event to bring my Guntecher alt up in levels and I gotta say that the people who rag on guntecher either have never played one, or have never seen a good one.

I agree that it's fairly low on the totem of DPS and mission clear times, but a well equipped guntecher with high level bullets can tear through a mission just as easy as any other type (remember I said easy, not fast).

The great thing about guntechers and wartecher and all the less looked over hybrid types is that once we get the supplemental update (6 years from now lol) they'll take a place of greater importance because of all the Pa lv+ that they could benefit from, not to mention they're getting their base attack power buffed up to the same as gunmaster.

At that point a well built GT might be within a close margin of effectiveness when compared to a gunmaster, and that thought is kind of exciting.

stukasa
May 28, 2009, 11:51 AM
GM is my favorite Master class. It's pretty fun and really powerful. The weapon selection is kind of limited but it doesn't bother me.

Just talking about fun, AF and PT are the most fun for me. AF for the weapon selection and speed, PT for the variety (both melee and guns)--but mainly it was fun figuring out the best ways to use EX traps. If you don't like supporting with EX traps, PT is probably not for you.

Konjiki-Kitsune
May 28, 2009, 11:59 AM
My favorite class to play was Fortefighter. Twin Claws are my favorite weapon and most of my pallet when I was playing on was made up of them.

But I'd have to agree with stukasa that AF and PT are really fun classes to play. I love Slicers, and the weapon diversity is nice. For PT I like the mix of Guns and Melee weapons, plus EX traps are nice to trow in every once in a while. I also really enjoy using Bows.

Zyrusticae
May 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
AF is fun, indeed. I do so very much enjoy the speed and the free DPS added by RCSMs.

That said, FF is still my favorite by far. Extremely durable, massive ATP, and a ginormous weapon selection combine to make it my favorite type out of the 3 pure fighter types. And I do, in fact, make extensive use of its large weapon selection.

Dhylec
May 28, 2009, 02:06 PM
I like pretty much all advance classes, but I prefer hybrids over masters. I'd play them all, but I solo often, thus being able to attack close & far with self-support is better.

Trish Digital Girl
May 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
I would say Fortetecher ^^

garjian
May 28, 2009, 04:32 PM
fortefighters always been my favourite and nothings changed since...

however acrofighter is a fun class... and i do enjoy playing my guntecher too...
but oh dear... i havent even touched my fighmaster the entire event and even further back... i need to find her a new class :P

DarthLasek
May 28, 2009, 04:40 PM
from the day it came out ....Fighgunner. I love double sabers(rucars especially) and twin sabers and i love the variety of melee weapons(I am all about the agility and quickness, yet power at same time).....and the mixture of guns with lvl 30 cap...twin handguns are awesome, machineguns and xbows(after level 11+) are fun and easy to level....and the class itself has pretty solid stats in my opinion...Although my main has leveled all classes....He was bred a FighGunner

Other than that, GunMaster is probably my favorite master class and 2nd favorite in general

unicorn
May 28, 2009, 05:11 PM
Masterforce, Wartecher, and Guntecher.

Magus_84
May 28, 2009, 07:17 PM
I think overall, Acrotecher's my favorite. Only on Human, though. I've tried it on Newman and didn't like the weaker ATP. I use attack techs too much for Beast/Cast...and I don't even have a Cast anymore.

Acrofighter's the only melee class I can stand for any length of time. Gunmaster's fun, too. I like GT...but I'm waiting until the supplemental update to pick it back up "full-time".

My last character (Newman male) is switching between GT, FT, MF and WT. I still haven't found one of those I like enough to stick with.

darkante
May 28, 2009, 11:09 PM
I would have to say Gunmaster, Fortegunner and Fighgunner.

I´ve always been a fan of ranged combat. So Gunmaster feelt right.
But if Fortegunner had some boost in certain types of weapons, i wouldn´t doubt to go back to it.
Grenade Launcher with knockdown is one of the thing i liked in PSP so..why not have it for AoI?

And Fighgunner is a mix of both melee and ranged with pretty good ranged combat capabilities so no wonder i like that one too. Crossbow & Mechgun is teh shit.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 12:38 AM
I was enjoying Acrotecher a lot until my whip and fan photon arts hit 20. Then I felt cheated, then I felt like an idiot because I knew this was gonna happen. So now I play Acrotecher as a regular force, which is stupid.

So now my favorite class is Wartecher followed by Acrofighter.

_Vyser_
May 29, 2009, 01:07 AM
In order of top three for me it's:
1) Acrofighter
2) Masterforce
3) Gunmaster

Acrofighter is the only melee class I enjoy playing. I like playing FF for knuckles and claws, but even then I don't stay FF long. The speed of AF and being able to use my favorite weapons, on top of having R-mags is very entertaining for me. Nothing like my mag stunning most of a mob before I even get there. :D I can't tell you how many times my mags have saved me with stun/freeze/knockdown.

I find Masterforce very fun to play. The weaker stats give it a good challenge to play, but does not make it impossible. All my favorite techs get some nice SE or hit box changes at 41+, so that's a plus for me. In addition to that, the speed increase is awesome.

Gunmaster owns pretty much everything. Rifles ftw!

The_Brimada
May 29, 2009, 01:19 AM
Its a tie between Acrofighter, and Protranser. Guntecher used to be my favorite back in the day, but I kinda strayed away from it. My beast does GT from time to time though and I still like it, just not as much as the former two.

stinkyfish97
May 29, 2009, 01:41 AM
PT FTW!!!

autumn
May 29, 2009, 02:45 AM
Gunmaster
Guntecher
Protranser
Fortetecher

XbikXBd
May 29, 2009, 03:53 AM
Masterforce FTW!!!!!!!