PDA

View Full Version : Shred The Darkness : What did you think?

unicorn
May 28, 2009, 09:01 PM
So StD is wrapping up tonight, what did you guys think of it?

In comparison to other events, I enjoyed it a lot. Its still pretty far behind Fire Break and 1up, but it beats MAG and Winter Event.

So for meee:

- Fire Break
- 1up
- Shred the Darkness
- Mission Carnival
- Maximum Attack G
- Winter Event

I do like that the event had 4 very distinctive missions. I think "4th Seal" and "Big Push" were the most creative we've gotten in a while, still, they could have been elaborated a little bit more. What I really enjoyed about Fire Break was that it was a "universal" event (taking place in different locations).

I really hope the quality of the events just go up from here (although it seems MAG+ and Festa 2 aren't all that...).

PALRAPPYS
May 28, 2009, 09:09 PM
Let's see...

1UP
Firebreak
MAG (Leaderboards... I hated them but loved them at the same time)
STD

So STD is fourth place. Not bad. I surprisingly enjoyed this event. It was a nice way to get through May and the end of April. Now I'm at 2 weeks left of school!

GUNcrazy12
May 28, 2009, 09:15 PM
omg, all i can think about is my 46% dark melan knuckle i just pulled!
but yea. i liked the event. I made like 2 stacks... and had fun.

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2009, 09:18 PM
Easily the best event so far. Carnival and STD are the two missions where SEGA improved the most, in my opinion.

Volcompat321
May 28, 2009, 09:18 PM
For me it was:
1up
StD
Firebreak
Winter carnival.
I didn't get to play MAG(was taking a break at the time)
So I cant judge it. But that's how I rated the events!

Warlock01
May 28, 2009, 09:21 PM
i loved it a lot. really enjoyed the activity on the game and here on the server.

in total i pulled just under a billion worth in this event.

neilp4453
May 28, 2009, 09:54 PM
Drop-wise, this event def. had some of the best things I have gotten in an event. With the limited S-rank runs I have done (the mix with Magashi A), I'm sure I have a stack worth of stuff in my inventory ready to sell after this event ends.

One thing though, I can finally make it to the end of Magashi and the event is ending. I didnt get any power units this event so I guess I will have to keep hunting at Scarred planet or something.

MAG was horrible for rares. I wasn't there for carnival.

I was too low to find anything (if there was anything) in firebreak and 1-UP.

The winter mission is when I hit the cap though.

The Overlord
May 28, 2009, 10:29 PM
Didn't enjoy it, Mag+ will be good though.

darkante
May 28, 2009, 10:56 PM
I think it were pretty good, but a bit long.
It didnīt take long before i got burned out. =P

The hunt motive were alot stronger then usual as itīs plenty of stuff to get.
But i have to say that i had more fun with 1-up cup, kinda wished that i had the chance to try Firebreak..:S

Itīs kinda a shame that ST has given up on more puzzle involved missions.
Something more then just kill, kill, kill.S
Sure, Big Push were a little different, but we need more differences.

Delete
May 28, 2009, 11:00 PM
Well, since my 360 keeps freezing up.... I didn't get to play this but for only like 5 days. Those 5 days, I managed to get everything I wanted. And I was bored of this event right after.

Tulio07
May 28, 2009, 11:16 PM
it was good ... but it was way to freaking long

autumn
May 28, 2009, 11:23 PM
Didn't beat 1-Up imo (but then 1-Up was my first event and will probably always seem the best in my mind) but comes in 2nd to it. Infinitely better then MAG and the Carnival.

Turb0
May 28, 2009, 11:42 PM
I enjoyed it overall. Having some v1 areas and monsters made it a nice change to most of the missions I've been doing lately. It actually had quite a few good drops and the missions had some variety. Magashi Plan was interesting, imo especially because of how much money you could make from drops but near the end of the event it got tedious because of its length.

I joined a month or 2 after Firebreak so idk how that was but I still say the 1up cup was the best event that I've played. There was so much variety in the different missions and the bonus missions never stopped being exciting for me. I think that's probably more to do with that event being a kind of transition from v1 to AOI though. It was the first time that pretty much all of the S ranks became easier to get for more people than the rich. I had only been playing for 3 or 4 months at the time so it was exciting to finally get some of those weapons.

As for MAG, the mission was just alright but I really liked the leaderboards. Constantly refreshing the leaderboards on the site to make sure I was still on them added a kind of excitement we don't normally have on PSU. While spamming runs did get old near the end, having that goal of being in the top 500 and knowing that the reward would be worth it gave me much more motivation to keep going than I would have had w/o the leaderboards.

Winter Event just failed imo, especially because we had the "v1 missions getting AOI drop rates" update right after it so it seemed pointless to run.

And the Carnival was during a time when I was sick of PSU and didn't play any games much. I only played like 2 days of it.

Anon_Fire
May 28, 2009, 11:51 PM
For me....

Shred The Darkness
Winter Mission Carnival
Maximum Attack G

I really had fun with Shred The Darkness, The drops at first were great and also the greatest moment that I finally reached the Level cap. Of course I wasn't able to get my others to 100 or so, but I had a great time in the event.

The 2nd Anniversary Festa might be even better.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 12:25 AM
Easily the best event so far. Carnival and STD are the two missions where SEGA improved the most, in my opinion.

Agreed. The mission variety, the generally lag-free, solid connection, the additions to the event (GBR)... and the quests themselves aside from RoF were pretty original, especially Big Push.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2009, 12:27 AM
I had a good time with this event. I still liked 1up better for random reasons, but that's not to take away from how good this one was.

Tekknight
May 29, 2009, 01:25 AM
It's sad, but I scarely remember the goings on in other events... I didn't do much of Carnival... A lot of it has to do with my GF and the fact that I try to play PSU with her. First 2 weeks of StD we didn't even play.

That said I've been out of the loop on a lot of things in PSU. I still love the game but I'll never be on of the PSU "Aces". I still am a good team mate and nice player and all. After doing "couple runs" and getting A rank items very rarely. It was nice to tear through missions with other players for a change, and all the cool swag and making decent money and finally breaking lv 100.

That being the case, StD was just a ton of fun for me and totally reinvigorated my love for PSU!

(I can't compare this to past events, I think the newness of StD and the higher availability of S-rank and unique items would jade my opinion.)

One thing I will say though! StD was the event that gave me that good feeling like in the PSO days and with the exception of the music, has shown itself to be at least equal if not better.

Pwincess
May 29, 2009, 01:37 AM
I voted best event so far, but considering that this is the only event i've participarted on PSU, i dunno. If it weren't for the event, I would have never played in the first place. :-D

stinkyfish97
May 29, 2009, 01:45 AM
Im going to say for me

Firebreak was by far the best time in this game, but I think the game peaked for me right around 1up cup. I would have to say 1up Cup was my favorite event but as far as the one I had the most fun in it was Firebreak, met the coolest people ever during Firebreak, I cant really say that about any other event. :-(

landman
May 29, 2009, 01:53 AM
It is one of the events I enjoyed the most, together with Firebreak and Winter Event (first Festa), 1Up follows in a far distance and the next is Mission Carnival, MAG was the most boring event I've played in this game.

It had a good variety of objectives and they managed to motivate players to play all 3 missions with the GBR, and it also included a "solo only" mission.

CJ Johnny
May 29, 2009, 02:06 AM
It was alright.

I mean Anniversary event. Easy $$, Cat Walk Exp's
Hop-up version of 1UP.

HyperShot-X-
May 29, 2009, 04:56 AM

Agreed. The mission variety, the generally lag-free, solid connection, the additions to the event (GBR)... and the quests themselves aside from RoF were pretty original, especially Big Push.
it was only lag-free after that AC failure incident for less than 2 weeks remaining including 1 wk extension, by far the best event ruined by yet another shyt mishap and what's even funnier is that if that AC hadn't failed then no one would have found out what was actually causing the lag during the event. lol

Yeah, I do agree on the rest. The Magashi Plan was the best and most challenging solo mission ever, almost too frustrating at the end, all I got from the end box was an Orpad/Force and a Cati/Stamina.. well, at least it made me get pretty excited until I checked shops and saw them going for 200k or something only :/

Arika
May 29, 2009, 05:41 AM
Don't expect too much on Festa 2nd, no it is nothing like this.
you can image it to be the same as festa 1

Noblewine
May 29, 2009, 06:08 AM
I had alot of fun spamming the mission. This was alot better compared to the Lightning Carnival.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 11:08 AM
it was only lag-free after that AC failure incident for less than 2 weeks remaining including 1 wk extension, by far the best event ruined by yet another shyt mishap and what's even funnier is that if that AC hadn't failed then no one would have found out what was actually causing the lag during the event. lol

Servers were down for a few hours, saying that 'ruined' the event is crazy.

When I wrote about how lag-free the event was, I had in mind what we experienced with the Carnival event; if you played on Leo it was almost impossible to move on a full block or type anything because the lobby was so laggy! I didn't have this problem with this event.

HyperShot-X-
May 29, 2009, 12:27 PM
Servers were down for a few hours, saying that 'ruined' the event is crazy.

When I wrote about how lag-free the event was, I had in mind what we experienced with the Carnival event; if you played on Leo it was almost impossible to move on a full block or type anything because the lobby was so laggy! I didn't have this problem with this event.

No, you're not interpreting my line correctly, the lag problem that persisted for the majority of the event leading upto AC blow out is what 'ruined' it, not just the incident itself. It would have been much better experience if we didn't have to go thru that ordeal in the 1st place as we were supposed to during a major event.

I believe the Winter Carnival lag was mostly due to poor coding of the event on top of over loading server. It's somewhat different from network lag due to faulty cooling system and the server overheating.

Dragwind
May 29, 2009, 12:43 PM
I actually really enjoyed the event. I got everything I wished for and more.

pinkace
May 29, 2009, 12:49 PM
No, you're not interpreting my line correctly, the lag problem that persisted for the majority of the event leading upto AC blow out is what 'ruined' it, not just the incident itself. It would have been much better experience if we didn't have to go thru that ordeal in the 1st place as we were supposed to during a major event.

I believe the Winter Carnival lag was mostly due to poor coding of the event on top of over loading server. It's somewhat different from network lag due to faulty cooling system and the server overheating.

I didn't have any lag issues at all on this event. It played smoothly for me. Winter carnival however... How can you play it when you can't even form a team in the lobby? >:(

Neith
May 29, 2009, 01:00 PM
From Best to Worst:
1UP (Loved the Parum, Moatoob and Neudaiz missions. Didn't like how Colony one was purely based on luck, but a very fun event altogether).
Shred the Darkness (Very good event, started to tire of it in the final week, but decent overall)
Firebreak (EXCEPT Urgent Orders, HATED that- Rest of the event was really cool)
Winter Event (Not bad, wasn't enough to it though)
Maximum Attack G (Boring after the first week)
Mission Carnival (this nearly made me quit PSU until it was over- Survival was cool, but Charged Puzzle was horrible. Even Survival wasn't as fun once we'd figured things out and could complete it almost every run.. On top of that, we didn't even get the quiz mission.)

Got loads of levels, MP, and items I wanted, but I'm glad it's over now. All-in-all though, a very good event.

that cast named kai
May 29, 2009, 01:44 PM
i enjoyed it, it was more interesting than mag or 'dengeki light', wasn't around for any of the older events out side of the winter event

got most everything i wanted (still didn't get an opra hp restore oh well ^^; )

made a good bit of cash farming pakuda boards, was able to get 2 guld (wish i had a 3rd)

and i finally capped my main's lvl capped although i wasn't trying was hoping to hold out till the next lvl cap extension

overall it was good, just wish they had not included the GBR to it, that cause things to go down hill in my mind since it only sparked greedy behavior amongst some players, but that tends to happen when ever a GBR goes on.

guess it is time to go back to milla hunting

Aeris
May 29, 2009, 03:42 PM
At least this event helped me cap my 2nd alt, other than that its fun.

ThaiSoup
May 29, 2009, 03:42 PM
It was aight. My account died the other day, haven't been motivated enough to reactivate it yet.

Dhylec
May 29, 2009, 03:48 PM
Though I didn't get all I wanted, I still enjoyed the event.

Ruru
May 29, 2009, 04:00 PM
i liked this event it was one of the better ones. the rares were just the right amount of "rare" and pretty much everything about it was fun/interesting.

the only mission i didnt really like was the big push and mostly because of the annoying BEEEEEEEP anytime something touched the fence. not only that but having anyone with lag in your party made it a bit off. other than that though the event itself was pretty great.

i wasnt here for firebreak i was still playing offline mode at the time.

Hatemachine
May 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
I liked this event quite a bit was my first one on PC servers and I have to say it is VERY nice to not have to deal with the whole end box booting crap I had on the 360 I played every event from firebreak up till the end of the first MAG and had to deal with it alot.

This event not once did it happen so this event pretty much sealed my opinion on which system I prefer to play this on but as far as the quality of the event I have to say it was fun I liked the 4th system run in particular because mainly the pannon rooms lead to ALOT of my skills getting leveled fast and was only 2 blocks so it didnt take long to run.

The whole event for the most part could be soloed and allow one to gain full mission points solo as I play quite late at night due to my job not alot of parties available at 2-3 am but that wasnt even an issue here.

Didnt really get to hunt rares but managed to get a good firm start on all 4 character slots lowest level was 38 Highest got to 85 so now I have 4 characters that I can work on and 3 of them have their desired licenses only missing on the fighmaster but I can wait on that.

So in closing good job sonic team on a well crafted event keep up the good work and thanks all the PC players for having been quite cool throughout this event.

Shinko
May 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
It was ok. Not bad, not good, just ok. But all the events been that way for me. I never did firebreak or 1up (took a break around those times) so i can't say about them

Zwick_
May 29, 2009, 05:07 PM
I liked this a lot because it was different in many ways, while it wasn't too different to really mess me up. I liked how Big Push was straightforward, but still something new and Magashi Plan was actually challenging (for me at least). The drops were definitely the best of any event so far, so heres my ratings:

-Firebreak
-1UP
-StD
-Mission Carnival
-MAG
-Winter

I still want Urgent Orders back, and I still have my photon eraser =P

Svaltus
May 29, 2009, 06:47 PM
Preferences:

1 - 1UP (My favorite event!)
2 - MAG(My second event! I Love leaderboard! 19 place MAG1 and six place MAG2! :) I almost get crazy sleeping 4 hours per day and helping CRAZY_VIC get leader! Fun days! :)
3 - Winter- Not too bad
4 - Carnival: Only for get rares! Us players get nerfed visual techs and many peoples dont like this!
5 - Std: Same carnival

Foxfire15
May 29, 2009, 07:10 PM
I enjoyed it (mostly) but I don't think it needed the extra week. I was ready for it to end the week before, and it just kept dragging on.

Halcyote
May 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
I like the variety in missions, but it wasn't all that great.

HienkyakuX
May 29, 2009, 08:41 PM
Since this is about events At JPN what was first thanx festa or colony gbr?

Ryno
May 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
it was alright to me. why alright? because of solo mission. cant even play with others like lighting carnival. and plus im a support techer and it took me 40 to 48 minutes to finish the solo mission.

I still say MAG is the BEST EVER so far.

why MAG?
because you're racing for medals and SNG

Arika
May 29, 2009, 10:32 PM
Since this is about events At JPN what was first thanx festa or colony gbr?
Festa 2nd first.