PDA

View Full Version : If a WT/GT/AT walk into your game...

Cynless
May 29, 2009, 08:44 AM
You do what?

Sure, they don't have the raw power of FF/FM/GM/FG/high level PT, etc... But they do offer SOMETHING, right?

(Of course, when I start playing again tomorrow those are the two classes I play. I've been seeing a lot of hate toward them lately. :( )

Ethateral
May 29, 2009, 08:52 AM
I don't have a problem with them at all. I play a GT/AT Human myself. I didn't enjoy WT as much, but doesn't mean I'm gonna boot you if you're one. That'd just be silly.

Tetsaru
May 29, 2009, 08:53 AM
Personally, idc what job you play, as long as you do a decent job doing it, lol. If anything, this game needs more team cooperation and less OHBOYEE ZERG RUSH.

unicorn
May 29, 2009, 09:14 AM
Usually I'm the WT/GT, so I don't mind others playing as them. People tend to hate WT/GT/AT (not so much AT) because they are slower, but that is because they are support types. Not every type is supposed to be a fast one. >_>;

Cynless
May 29, 2009, 09:14 AM
Personally, idc what job you play, as long as you do a decent job doing it, lol. If anything, this game needs more team cooperation and less OHBOYEE ZERG RUSH.

Well thats good to hear, since my only classes are hybrids. I hope some of you are PC/PS2.

My other question is -- are there very few fF/fG/fT left since the master classes have been released? I can't find any comparison threads on the master classes in comparison to their forte counterparts. As is - I can't see why people would play the fortes over the masters (unless for fT and masterforce you want the support techs).

Tianna
May 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
I have never booted anyone for any reason. If they suck, they suck no biggie. Not like I can't solo any mission anyway so no sweat off my back. And if I wanna run speed runs I just mail some of my awesome PSU friends :) Types/classes is a preference and people that join my party are free to do whatever...idc. Even pick-ups don't bother me. If someone wants monomates/vulcaline/vestaline/ even aporaline, what's the big dea? I can drop them while running and they can stock up till their hearts content.

The ONLY reason I would ever kick anyone is if their language was really bad and my kids were at home watching and I asked them to stop and they didn't. My children are 10 and 12 and , yes, I know they probably hear bad stuff at school. I cannot/will not take them out of school but I can make sure they don't have that bad influence from their own mother.

In short, Cynless, if your language is appropriate you are more than welcome in one of my parties ^^

fayt6
May 29, 2009, 09:35 AM
my main rob's a fighmaster just cuz i <3 double sabers an axes my alt berethor is now a fortegunner an maria is a fortetecher i know there not hybrid classes however i feel hybrid classes take more skill to use so i wait untill a char has an advanced class up to 20 b4 i switch to a hybrid an when i see guntechers / acrotechers i have alot of respect for em there pretty strong classes if u do em right an wartecher i havent even attempted yet cuz im not a fan of there skill sets however i kinda like there dfp evp

Cynless
May 29, 2009, 09:41 AM
How many of you are on PC/PS2? I need to add some of you nice people.

Tetsaru
May 29, 2009, 09:53 AM

*raises hand* =P

Ezodagrom
May 29, 2009, 09:57 AM
If a GT/WT/AT/any other class joins my party, I'll play with them ^_^ (I have a GT also :3).
Btw, PC/PS2 here. ^^

pikachief
May 29, 2009, 09:58 AM
most likely i'd be the GT/AT that walks in. If your bullets/buffs are good you'll be helpful ^^

Tianna
May 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
PC/PS2 here ^^

fayt6
May 29, 2009, 10:36 AM
im on pc/ps2 names rob im always looking for ppl to play with hit me up

Bitzen
May 29, 2009, 10:42 AM
AT ftw, shiney resta is shiney. Also, most people love the buffs it gives out. Let's them kill their junk that much faster. And whips let me keep up most of the time. (PC/PS2 ftw!)

Darki
May 29, 2009, 10:49 AM
Each of my characters is an hybrid class, so it's only natural that I'd love to party with hybrid pals. : D In fact, if you ask me, I feel dissapointed very frequently these days when a non-hybrid player comes into my parties because I have the feeling that they're less skilled playing than any hybrid user. I don't know... Just the idea of using 3~4 weapons types only in case of Master classes is sad for me, and even in that case there are people who always stick to 2~3 types and that number of PAs. And when you see a FM jabroga'ing a Jarba I really feel like *facepalm*.

I never boot in my parties. The only reason I've ever booted someone would be when they were being disrespectful with any other party member, maybe sometimes I've created a party with the intention of closing it for my friends and someone got ninja'ed in suddenly before I closed it... In any case, I've always tried to be polite explaining the reasons of the "kick" (and if possible, making them to leave the party by themselves so they can come back in case there's a free spot and they ever wanted to come back).

Anyways, I usually make open parties to chill out and have fun, so I don't really care even shen there's a n00b (n00b = someone over level 90 that doesn't knows that using Jabroga against a single-hitbox target is slower than me attacking with a Whip, for example), but I'd boot with any doubt if I make clear any rule in my party and someone doesn't follow it. If I set a party for "GBR 50% onry" or "Buff levelling party", or "Don't pick up trash" or "no TD spam plz", be sure I'd boot anybody with GBR under 50%, or a non-techer class, or someone who fills my inventory with monomates and acetalines, or someone who uses TD with even a single Badira. Of course, I'm not stupid. If you have GBR 49% and you need only 1 run to get the 50%, I'm not going to boot you. I'd always warn first and understand that someone can pick a monomate by mistake. But it's really childish when people bawws when get booted of those parties when they make clear enough the conditions to get in (of course, always being respectful with everybody).

Powder Keg
May 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
Most of the time I don't even notice what class the players are who enter the team, we're just there to help and have fun. No sense in looking into it a whole lot further.

Darki
May 29, 2009, 11:06 AM
well, when yu see the setup of weapons it's easy to deduce whhich class they're playing...

Angry_Ryudo
May 29, 2009, 11:07 AM
Most of the time I don't even notice what class the players are who enter the team, we're just there to help and have fun. No sense in looking into it a whole lot further.
I agree.

And aswering OP's question: I do say "Hello!/Hola!" just like with any other player. Good manners first.

ChibiBecca
May 29, 2009, 11:08 AM
i've never been booted for my class, most people are pretty happy to be buffed and have heals spammed at them at heavily damaging times (block two ROF, some boss fights, etcetc). although i did have some guy be a jerk to me for daring to buff him, he'd decided he was already awesome enough at around lvl 60 not to need buffs. ^^;

if i can make the fighting less expensive and the mission smoother, then job done! i find WT a bit harder because i just don't have the HP for close-ranged fighting.

tadtwisted
May 29, 2009, 11:13 AM
i never understood why people boot others. the only time i boot is when people dont read the party name (like in a GBR i will put 50% only and a 20% comes in) Also try and stay in you level group unless your with a friend, if your lv100 dont join a group of 150's. Last but not least if your a player who gets on my nerves like constant jabroga (when i'm trying to work on some PA's) i dont boot them until after the mission is over but i still get the hate mail from them, I could have booted you during the mission just be glad i waited until the mission was over and we are in the lobby

P.S. - one of my pet peeves is when your a wt/gt/at/ft and people expect you to heal and buff, Take care of yourself and if someone helps you out thats a bonus!!! (when i was a gt to get to my gunmaster i had a guy telling me to "do your job" and buff and heal him, I think thats the only guy i ever booted just because :) )

OldCoot
May 29, 2009, 11:21 AM
If a player does not like the listed classes I guess this player can always use the store bought stuff and keep a good supply of mates on hand. One can hope a FT might want to do some runs or maybe a MF might play.

If i were the PL and playing the listed classes I would welcome them. Makes the run faster and easier with more people.

RadiantLegend
May 29, 2009, 11:38 AM
AT's are my favorite.

I'll welcome them with open hands, grab them a cup of tea/coffee, give them a massage, take a megid for them..... as long as I see the lv 41+ shifta XD

tadtwisted
May 29, 2009, 11:41 AM
AT's are my favorite.

I'll welcome them with open hands, grab them a cup of tea/coffee, give them a massage, take a megid for them..... as long as I see the lv 41+ shifta XD

lol :)... isnt it suppsoed to be open arms, open hands makes you look like your begging

Cynless
May 29, 2009, 12:24 PM
AT's are my favorite.

I hate leveling buffs. So cumbersome and slow.

I think my GT (also PT) and my WT (also AT) have buffs in the 20s right now...

Dragwind
May 29, 2009, 12:44 PM
I have no problem with them joining my game, as long as they aren't purposely trying to slow down the party by spamming the same PA over and over just to level it. I prefer to see the player at least trying to do their best in a party.

autumn
May 29, 2009, 01:17 PM
I like hybrid types in my party ^_^ I can't imagine booting someone for playing a type unless they were doing something like a 6 doublesaber palette all with tornado dance on them O_O So long as people are doing something in the party I don't much care what type they are.

Triple_S
May 29, 2009, 01:26 PM
I like hybrid classes and such.

The first (and only, so far) class I've gotten to 20 is Fighgunner. I love that class. I used to play an Acrofighter and a Protranser; currently they are collecting dust as I've learned I need to focus on one character for once.

I've also played Guntecher (admittedly just to get to Gunmaster; I've already gotten Fighmaster to five before wanting to try something new), and honestly I don't see why everyone hates them. Level 40 bullets, level 30 techs? Freaking awesome. Weapon choice is great too. Even as a CAST I had fun using a lot of techs as that class.

...This is also why FAILcast is going to go for Masterforce once I tire of Gunmaster.

garjian
May 29, 2009, 01:58 PM
strange... generally if i boot at all... it tends to be fighmasters (ugh... tornado dance... ugh... elitists... ugh... small children...) and masterforces (ugh... they killed off all the Acrotechers... ugh... theyre absolutely useless in every way... ugh... lag...)

i personally... rather like healing and buffs.
incapacitate whip is good... cards are good... crossbows are great for status effects and not too bad at damage either...

Delete
May 29, 2009, 02:24 PM
If they joined my party, then they join. I don't boot people because of a class, thats just plain stupid.

RadiantLegend
May 29, 2009, 03:36 PM
lol :)... isnt it suppsoed to be open arms, open hands makes you look like your begging

No super buffs = no super special treatment. j/k

I really don't care to be honest, you can stand still and watch me kill all the monsters for all I care, I still won't boot you.

(>_> but I do like my super buffs)

Ruru
May 29, 2009, 03:45 PM
if someone joins my party they obviously know my password so they wont be getting booted lol.

as for the above mentioned classes. i dont care what class you are. this game is meant to have variety. come whatever you want.

Skorn
May 29, 2009, 03:55 PM
GT = Check pallete
WT = Boot
AT = Can stay

Shinko
May 29, 2009, 04:41 PM
i really don't think it's just them classes that get hate. (especially not AT) If you not GM FM or AT then i believe u get hate from others. (Some more than others) Why? Because to put it simple those 3 classes are the most effective classes to complete a stage fast or just period. (if u good that is)

I believe all techers (besides AT) get hate because there power is just so mediocre compared to Fighters and Gunners.

Me myself i don't mind what class u are but if the party is sucking then i'll just leave and start or join another party

Halcyote
May 29, 2009, 05:14 PM
I really don't care who joins my party. As long as one doesn't kill all the mobs before everyone's had a chance to tag, or is rude, then you're good to run with me.

Miyoko
May 29, 2009, 06:57 PM
As long as they actually use support techs (especially AT), then I don't care. I like playing GT/WT, but christ, you have support techs for a reason.

ATs though, uhg... I hate fortewhippers, let's just leave it at that.

Foxfire15
May 29, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'm usually rather indifferent to who joins my games. Only time I've ever booted someone was for being an ass to the other party members.

Cynless
May 29, 2009, 07:21 PM
GT = Check pallete
WT = Boot
AT = Can stay

:(

My Wartecher is sad.

Dhylec
May 29, 2009, 07:57 PM
:(

My Wartecher is sad.
Don't worry, unless you're on 360 & in a party with him, your WT is safe.

Just wait until WT get the needed stat boost for respect & glory. ;3

mvffin
May 29, 2009, 09:49 PM
99% of the WT's I've seen are simply leveling it to get to MF. Honestly, they're probably better off staying WT. = \

InfiniDragon
May 29, 2009, 11:56 PM
I'm a WT and happy to be one. I have a GT also. If there are people that boot on class alone, they're nubs anyway, so forget em.

_Vyser_
May 30, 2009, 12:25 AM
Since dying doesn't kill your score anymore, I really could care less what job someone is. No matter how bad someone might be, I doubt my run times will be longer than if I soloed it (there's always the exception of someone not using the correct PA on a large mob and sending everything flying across the room...*coughTornadoDancecough*)

PC/PS2 here, look me up!

Rayokarna
May 30, 2009, 12:38 AM
I tend to boot any of the three classes mentioned if any of them end up walking into my party. But the majority of the time I'll end up booting myself due to my own rule too. =/

Tsavo
May 30, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'd let em play but then I rarely boot to begin with. I only do so when someone is going out of their way to be an ass and I've made it clear that I'd boot them for being such. I do wonder though why the majority of the WTs I've partied with spam dam spells and/or twin daggers with renkai all day. Never understood that. You wanna party sometime let me know, got a Newm AT and Cast PT down to run just about anything.

InfiniDragon
May 30, 2009, 02:00 AM
WTs that use TECHs predominantly kinda confuse me. WT seems more like they should be in people's face, slapping em' with Whips and punching them up with Knuckles, Twin Claws (or Twin Saber, my personal favorite), etc. Not that I hate on them for their choice, but it seems like wasted potential.

Hrith
May 30, 2009, 03:26 AM
I boot bad players, what job is irrelevant.

tadtwisted
May 30, 2009, 03:43 AM
GT = Check pallete
WT = Boot
AT = Can stay

YOU = FAIL

Genoa
May 30, 2009, 03:49 AM
I only boot someone if they're an ass. As far as what they play, or even how they play, I won't boot them.
Unless someone has violated some sort of standard I have placed in the title/comment of a game.

...I can't remember the last time I was booted on PC/PS2 anyways. It rarely happens.

Ail
May 30, 2009, 05:04 AM
lol if some of these three classes join my party I'M HAPPY because there are not much ppl that play them anymore (expecially WT..)

darkante
May 30, 2009, 09:47 AM
I donīt mind any class joining my party as long as they try to help the party out.
Only time i boot people is

1) You annoy me to no end
2) Say something bad about my playstyle
3) You get pist if i pick up "junk" like Vulcaline, Armania, etc..

About the only thing i can come up with now.

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 09:53 AM
I love playing with any techer class. I haven't been playing my techer, so no buffs past the agteride and whatnot for me. So anytime I can get a techer that has decent buffs, whether it be 21+-41+ I appreciate them buffing, if they do. Some call me an elitist, but I am no jerk. I don't boot unless they do something I put a comment about not doing (like Special K said)
I am not easily annoyed, so there's no worries about me booting if people annoy me. I do hate people AFK-ing in my party though. If they aren't back by the time I or we hit the boss gate, I'll boot, unless it's a friend. No point in them getting the crap at then end if they didn't do anything.

To avoid the risk of getting booted, 95% of the time I create my own party. I don't think I really have to have that worry though, I never do anything to annoy people, I follow "rules" set by the leader, and I play fair. (I'm also on the pc/ps2 side, we rarely have booting, I just stay away from the assholes) lol.

Zarode
May 30, 2009, 10:07 AM
As long as they do something useful, at least do some damage, they can stay for the ride.

Arika
May 30, 2009, 10:26 AM
No super buffs = no super special treatment. j/k

I really don't care to be honest, you can stand still and watch me kill all the monsters for all I care, I still won't boot you.

(>_> but I do like my super buffs)

so I can afk in your run? ;)

Alnet
May 30, 2009, 11:18 AM
If a WT/GT/AT walks into my game...

If WT: I'd be in SHOCK. Almost nobody plays WT anymore, unless it's to get MF. Well, I do... I've been WT since December 06. My Newman's been in almost-perpetual WT-mode the entire latter part of the recent event, and with the new WT-friendly equips like Shide-Misaki, Twin Falclaws, and Rabol Orachio, I'll be playing WT even more than I was before. I don't expect to see anyone else following suit, though.

If GT: I wouldn't be so surprised, since it's for GM, and everyone wants to be GM these days. Though it really does grate on my nerves when everyone who plays GT has to whine for the entire game about how much they hate GT because it doesn't have S-rank Shotgun and/or S-rank Rifle. Nonsense like that makes me actually gravitate towards the unpopular classes, simply because other people hate them so much.

If AT: Well, I see a lot of ATs. When I'm playing on my Newman, I'm usually either WT or MF, so I'd love to get AT's LV41 buffs to round out my fairly low stats. I play those classes knowing they have lower all-around stats, but I have fun with them, so it's nice to have my cake and eat it too.

Even so, why is this even an issue? Are people really so insecure about their own playstyle that they'll boot other people for picking a particular class? Grow up, whoever you are. There are much better reasons to kick someone out. And if you really loathe techer classes that much and don't want to play with any WTs, GTs, ATs, fTs, or MFs, just delete all your partner cards of anyone who has a single character who plays any of those classes at any given time. Problem solved~

drizzle
May 30, 2009, 11:40 AM
Then I say, "Buff me, Newman!"

Hrith
May 30, 2009, 02:30 PM
You say that, regardless.

AlphaDragoon
May 30, 2009, 03:04 PM
If ANYONE answered anything other than "let them join no questions asked"...you FAIL.

Criss
May 30, 2009, 05:59 PM
I've been playing a GT as my main character since back in the days of their lv 10 techs, so I really don't mind those classes joining. Actually, I pretty much never look at what classes people are.

Triple_S
May 30, 2009, 06:42 PM
Actually, I pretty much never look at what classes people are.

I always check what class everyone is. It gives me a basic expectation of what they will use.

Ezodagrom
May 30, 2009, 07:02 PM
I always check the classes of the players that join a party where I'm playing. If the player that just joined is a GT, WT, AT or FT, I check his/her buff levels, to see which one of us will buff the party (when I'm playing with my GT or FT), or if he/she has any buffs at all (to know if I should just use buff items when I'm with my AF or FM). ^^;

Yusaku_Kudou
May 30, 2009, 08:22 PM
I feel that anybody who boots a player with level 41+ buffs is a complete tool...

PALRAPPYS
May 30, 2009, 09:24 PM
I play a Newman AT and know how to balance my melee and techs. My support spells are lv41 so if they don't want amazing support, they can boot me. However, I hit high damage regardless with my melee. I can hit damage similar to beast fortefighters with my high percent JA'd attacks (on the correct elements of course).

stinkyfish97
May 30, 2009, 09:43 PM
I welcome the AT who has 31 or even better 41 buffs with glee, and as far as the other two classes WT seems to survive well on their own and well I dont notice much difference between them and all the other fighters, I mean I usually dont get healed by them or buffed but I still welcome them cause they can take damage as a weaker upfront fighter. As far as GT, well I am a little less enthused about their company, no offense to the many great GT out there but there are enough bad ones to give this class a bad name. I mean, I never get buffed healed or anything. And well they also have crappy ATP and most agravating is that I feel to be a good GT in PSU today you most deffinatly need to have your rifle shots to 31+ because that knockback is really helpful on jarbas and large creatures and well sadly most GT I have run across have poor PA levels and dont have any support skills lvl'd. Kinda pitty them a little because although they can be a great asset to a party most of them, but not all, do not use the class to its full potential. :-(

Genoa
May 30, 2009, 10:57 PM
If ANYONE answered anything other than "let them join no questions asked"...you FAIL.

lol, we play Phantasy Star Universe, what game do you play?

thunder-ray
May 30, 2009, 11:29 PM
How many of you are on PC/PS2? I need to add some of you nice people.pc/ps2 here :) Names ARNOLD your welcomed to join my party anytime =3

GT = Check pallete
WT = Boot
AT = Can stayGet lost loser :bash:

I welcome the AT who has 31 or even better 41 buffs with glee, and as far as the other two classes WT seems to survive well on their own and well I dont notice much difference between them and all the other fighters, I mean I usually dont get healed by them or buffed but I still welcome them cause they can take damage as a weaker upfront fighter. As far as GT, well I am a little less enthused about their company, no offense to the many great GT out there but there are enough bad ones to give this class a bad name. I mean, I never get buffed healed or anything. And well they also have crappy ATP and most agravating is that I feel to be a good GT in PSU today you most deffinatly need to have your rifle shots to 31+ because that knockback is really helpful on jarbas and large creatures and well sadly most GT I have run across have poor PA levels and dont have any support skills lvl'd. Kinda pitty them a little because although they can be a great asset to a party most of them, but not all, do not use the class to its full potential. :-(Im sorry to hear that. No worries Im going to be doing GT very soon and I plan on focusing on support as much as possible. Hit me up whenever you want a GT in your party :).

unicorn
May 31, 2009, 12:22 AM
I feel that anybody who boots a player with level 41+ buffs is a complete tool...

Only thing is.... what if TWO players have 41 buffs? D: Who do you boot? And if there is an FT/AT, what does a GT/WT do? D:

Although I never really care what anyone else is doing most of the time. But some players really DO care TOO much. >_>

You know, I realized not many play play GT/WT correctly. They have really good potential under the right hands.

MINI-RANT:
As a WT, I've surpassed some FFs and FMs, which is pretty sad. A lot of fighters don't understand the concept of JA and knowing their elements. So while PAs like Jabroga and Tornado Dance are useful, they're TERRIBLE on weak fighters with low level PAs and wrong elements. In waaay too many cases, fighters have been SLOWLY my missions as opposed to speeding them up. And this is even over level 100.

GMs are no excuse either. If your bullets are weeeak, you shouldn't look at GM and should really be playing GT or PT because you'll be more of a asset to your party until you get your bullets up there. GM w/ level 20 bullets < GT with level 20 Bullets AND Support.

moomoopenguin
May 31, 2009, 01:11 AM
I agree.

And aswering OP's question: I do say "Hello!/Hola!" just like with any other player. Good manners first.

Lol, I do that too!! Mainly because of the giant amounts of buff parties I've been in. That and it's always good because for the most part it means I won't get kicked lmao

AlphaDragoon
May 31, 2009, 01:53 AM
lol, we play Phantasy Star Universe, what game do you play?

Phantasy Star Universe sans douchebags, apparently.

Who cares what class they are. It's a freaking game, the HUEG NUMBARZ aren't all that matters.

RyuRoots
Jun 1, 2009, 03:14 PM
Anyone who boots a player just for their type/class is a dumbass n00b and one of the reasons this community can suck so much sometimes.

stinkyfish97
Jun 1, 2009, 03:20 PM
Well my biggest problem is that a lot of the time people join my parties and their pa's are low lvl and they are like lvl 1-7 class type. They are doing nothing for the party. Now if they came in and asked if they could stay to lvl that would be different but most of the time they go around thinking they deserve every rare that drops and act like complete noobs. Thats my biggest problem with this game.

Fortunatly however these classes in partifcular are played by more experienced players who know that this game is about having fun, being versitle and well most of the players who pick up these three classes are older players who understand the value that these classes have to offer.

Triple_S
Jun 1, 2009, 04:36 PM
Well my biggest problem is that a lot of the time people join my parties and their pa's are low lvl and they are like lvl 1-7 class type. They are doing nothing for the party.

Yes, because keeping people from a party because they have low level PAs or class levels is solving the problem. Screw letting them stay and still have fun while leveling up that which you have such an issue with, they didn't spend hours upon hours grinding all alone and being bored out of their fucking minds! The fact that they have to ASK TO STAY AND LEVEL is a little baffling as well.

I agree with the second part of it though, as I do hate when people act like total fucktards. I can sympathize with wanting rares though, since all three drop systems do nothing but bend me over and rape me with a crowbar made of Vulcaline unless I solo. Which is boring as all hell.

Once again I agree with you about how usually the people who play the hybrid classes for more than just to level to the master classes. I did that with Guntecher, admittedly, but after playing it I can't see where all the hate stems from. It is a very versatile class. Many awesome choices when it comes to your palette, great PA caps, and honestly the stats aren't THAT bad. Acrotecher is good as well. Protranser is freaking amazing and very few people realize it. Dunno about Wartecher, but I'll have to test it one day (Yes, I will eventually make FAILcast a Masterforce, hahaha) and I don't think it'll be all that bad.

Saito S
Jun 1, 2009, 05:58 PM
If a WT/GT/AT walks into my game...

If WT: I'd be in SHOCK. Almost nobody plays WT anymore, unless it's to get MF. Well, I do... I've been WT since December 06. My Newman's been in almost-perpetual WT-mode the entire latter part of the recent event, and with the new WT-friendly equips like Shide-Misaki, Twin Falclaws, and Rabol Orachio, I'll be playing WT even more than I was before. I don't expect to see anyone else following suit, though.
I am! ^^ My Newman spent a lot of time as a WT. She isn't at the moment, because right now I'm exploring FT (and later, MF) with her (I'm multi-typing with all four of my characters anyway), but at some point later I'm sure I will be back to WT again with her. It's a fun class, though if I could change ONE thing about it, I would give them S rank tech Mags rather than wands. You're not alone Alnet!

If GT: I wouldn't be so surprised, since it's for GM, and everyone wants to be GM these days. Though it really does grate on my nerves when everyone who plays GT has to whine for the entire game about how much they hate GT because it doesn't have S-rank Shotgun and/or S-rank Rifle. Nonsense like that makes me actually gravitate towards the unpopular classes, simply because other people hate them so much.
I bolded that part becuase it irritates me as well. My human just went Gunmaster, but again, I'll explore that for a while, and sometime later I'll be going back to GT (which I personally LOVE) with her.

Even so, why is this even an issue? Are people really so insecure about their own playstyle that they'll boot other people for picking a particular class? Grow up, whoever you are. There are much better reasons to kick someone out. And if you really loathe techer classes that much and don't want to play with any WTs, GTs, ATs, fTs, or MFs, just delete all your partner cards of anyone who has a single character who plays any of those classes at any given time. Problem solved~
Well said.

I've been playing a GT as my main character since back in the days of their lv 10 techs, so I really don't mind those classes joining.
Me too. 8-) I remember those days...

I always check what class everyone is. It gives me a basic expectation of what they will use.
I check as well, as you said, just to have a general idea of what everyone is going to do. Also, if I am the only techer in the party, I check because if another techer comes in, they may have better buffs than mine, and I want to know that ahead of time so I don't end up overwriting them.

Yes, because keeping people from a party because they have low level PAs or class levels is solving the problem. Screw letting them stay and still have fun while leveling up that which you have such an issue with, they didn't spend hours upon hours grinding all alone and being bored out of their fucking minds! The fact that they have to ASK TO STAY AND LEVEL is a little baffling as well.
This. If you have a specific purpose for playing whatever mission you are in, some specific REASON why you really need to have only certain classes or minimum levels or whatever, just put it in the freakin' comment. Even then, if it were me, I would still say something to the person, explaining what the deal is (yes, they should have read the comment, but I'll give them the chance anyway) and ASKING them to leave before booting them.

I agree with the second part of it though, as I do hate when people act like total fucktards. I can sympathize with wanting rares though, since all three drop systems do nothing but bend me over and rape me with a crowbar made of Vulcaline unless I solo. Which is boring as all hell.
Yeesh, that sounds painful. I know how you feel sometimes, though.

Once again I agree with you about how usually the people who play the hybrid classes for more than just to level to the master classes. I did that with Guntecher, admittedly, but after playing it I can't see where all the hate stems from. It is a very versatile class. Many awesome choices when it comes to your palette, great PA caps, and honestly the stats aren't THAT bad. Acrotecher is good as well. Protranser is freaking amazing and very few people realize it. Dunno about Wartecher, but I'll have to test it one day (Yes, I will eventually make FAILcast a Masterforce, hahaha) and I don't think it'll be all that bad.
As mentioned above, I love GT. It's actually one of my favorite classes. Sure, it doesn't have a lot of raw power, but it's just so damned FUN. Same with WT, actually.

And really, PSU has such a loose, freeform style to its combat that all of this stuff hardly even makes that much difference. If you have a party of 4 or 5 people, with all of them being decently competant players and all of them with levels near that of the enemies of the area, the real, practical difference between one of those players being a Newman WT vs a Beast FF is seriously going to be like a couple minutes of mission time, tops.

Also, you win for having a FOcast named FAILcast. :D

It'd be cool to play with some of you guys (those who are on PC/PS2 anyway) sometime soon. ^^

Saito S
Jun 1, 2009, 06:03 PM
ARGH. This computer sucks, and a crashing browser led to a double post. Ah well, I guess that's what I get for posting from work. :p

hunterseifer
Jun 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
You do what?

I say hi, and continue playing :D

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 06:29 PM
I like it when I see a WT/GT/AT, that means one more potential healer and/or buffer in the party! Anyone who saves me money on mates and buff items is always welcome. :yes: (P.S. I won't be offended if they don't heal/buff me either. :p)

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 1, 2009, 06:32 PM
Does not matter to me what class they are. People should play what they want.

DarthLasek
Jun 4, 2009, 02:35 AM
I'm a fighgunner, WT and a Gunmaster...Id never go from fighgunner to fighmaster..EVER

Ail
Jun 4, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm a fighgunner, WT and a Gunmaster...Id never go from fighgunner to fighmaster..EVER

My Lena is very proud to be hunter 9 since the day that the advanced classes came out. and i think that this explains it all :beer:

Sano
Jun 4, 2009, 08:24 AM
When another AT joins my party, first thing on my mind: "They probably have higher buffs than me... *sigh*.." :lol:

But personally, my main character is AT and I absolutely love it ^^. I must be weird because I like keeping everyone near full health, fully buffed (almost always rebuff anyone after they die), try to keep all the monsters in Stun Lock (Vish Adacs in all elements), Attack Down (Vish Promotos), and Reverser just about anything negative I see on someone (unless it is Silence on a Figh/GunMaster or something of the like lol).

I can't stand it when AT's join any of my games that don't play AT as heartfelt as I do. To me its like... I know how relieved and more concentrated my teammates can play when they know they don't have to worry about having to use Mates/Antimates and sometimes even Status/Resists since I'm pretty speedy with it. With less to worry about, I know they can let loose more and their full potential comes out. I think that when people are allowed to play as such, they are happier... and when people are happier, that makes me happy ^^. I don't know why half (or more) AT's think that their personal damage should be what they care about most; its the well being of your party members and yourself. Meh.. I'll end this Avid Support AcroTecher Rant early...

One other note: Kinda anxious for the Supplemental Update to come, wanna see how much more awesome WT becomes ^^.

Shivah
Jun 4, 2009, 11:49 AM
You do what?

Sure, they don't have the raw power of FF/FM/GM/FG/high level PT, etc... But they do offer SOMETHING, right?

Of someone enters in my party with ofe of these types, I'd be pretty glad. No much character playing a supporter role (buffs, heals, etc) since arrival of master classes ^^ In fact, my Human plays as AF/AT, and I love her. Also, PT and their traps are really helpful too, specially with big mobs.

When another AT joins my party, first thing on my mind: "They probably have higher buffs than me... *sigh*.."

But personally, my main character is AT and I absolutely love it . I must be weird because I like keeping everyone near full health, fully buffed (almost always rebuff anyone after they die),(...)

I can't stand it when AT's join any of my games that don't play AT as heartfelt as I do. To me its like... I know how relieved and more concentrated my teammates can play when they know they don't have to worry about having to use Mates/Antimates and sometimes even Status/Resists since I'm pretty speedy with it. With less to worry about, I know they can let loose more and their full potential comes out. I think that when people are allowed to play as such, they are happier... and when people are happier, that makes me happy . I don't know why half (or more) AT's think that their personal damage should be what they care about most; its the well being of your party members and yourself. Meh.. I'll end this Avid Support AcroTecher Rant early...

Completely agree ;D

Greetings from:

euromyne
Jun 4, 2009, 11:43 PM
When another AT joins my party, first thing on my mind: "They probably have higher buffs than me... *sigh*.." :lol:

But personally, my main character is AT and I absolutely love it ^^. I must be weird because I like keeping everyone near full health, fully buffed (almost always rebuff anyone after they die), try to keep all the monsters in Stun Lock (Vish Adacs in all elements), Attack Down (Vish Promotos), and Reverser just about anything negative I see on someone (unless it is Silence on a Figh/GunMaster or something of the like lol).

I can't stand it when AT's join any of my games that don't play AT as heartfelt as I do. To me its like... I know how relieved and more concentrated my teammates can play when they know they don't have to worry about having to use Mates/Antimates and sometimes even Status/Resists since I'm pretty speedy with it. With less to worry about, I know they can let loose more and their full potential comes out. I think that when people are allowed to play as such, they are happier... and when people are happier, that makes me happy ^^. I don't know why half (or more) AT's think that their personal damage should be what they care about most; its the well being of your party members and yourself. Meh.. I'll end this Avid Support AcroTecher Rant early...

One other note: Kinda anxious for the Supplemental Update to come, wanna see how much more awesome WT becomes ^^.

That's how I play my AT as well. :D

Fhin
Jun 5, 2009, 12:09 AM
So I also play an AT and in the past WT and never ever had problems with games I joined into...most ppl were glad that a "supporter" joined to help a bit. ^^
Tbh, I don't rly look which classes are in current missions when I join and if something like 4 (6) ATs are in one game with me....it's even more fun. <3
I only play this type of techer since I don't come along with FT/GT/WT (anymore)/ or MF which doesn't mean I don't like them when they are in a group with me....thats ok. ^^
When I played a techer (even on PSO GC - FOney), I was attached to the support role which I liked and still like.
Attack spells/casts are not my theme so support/heal buffs for the group, one Vish (of each element) for CC and then some HGs and Cards for some taggin :P and for those things, who don't like bullets. ^^
so atm my pallette looks like:
Coni(Giresta/Reverser) / Vish xxxxx(Vivi Danga) (one of each element, depends on mission)
Viper(xxxxx Bullet) / Uransara(Giresta/Reverser)
Storm(xxxxx Bullet) / Uransara(Giresta/Reverser)
Shi-Kikami(xxxxx-shiki) / Uransara(Giresta/Reverser)
Hoshi-Kikami(xxxxx-shiki) / Uransara(Giresta/Reverser)
Pushan(Zodial/Retier) / Tesbra(Shifta/Deband)

Yeah, I know...I took Resta out because I like Giresta more and AT with Har / Quick is fast so there shouldn't be worries even Griresta has a small longer cast time. ^^
Soooo, thats for me so far.

Darki
Jun 5, 2009, 12:43 AM
The problem is that Giresta is a buff and everytime you "heal" somebody with Giresta, probably you're overwritting anybody else's stacked heal ticks, which for a fighter, for example, is way more useful than waiting for your heals in most of the cases when facing a though monster. You say you're not using attack techs and you don't even use debuffs, what's the problem on having only one more tech? they'd be only 7, lol, for the weapons you posted you use only 14 PAs (20 with your techs, maybe 24 if you decide to get all frag bullets), having 1 more doesn't seem much of a deal...

Also, yeah, AT with har/ unit doesn't take that time... But if you take in account that Giresta takes more time, and also you're using it on a wand, so that's more cast, that means you're healing slow compared to Resta w/ madoog. It also uses more PP and heals less, plus the inconvenient I posted above.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play, but I use Resta & Giresta, I'm a WT and I use a lot more weapons than you, and still have space for both. It really pisses me off that somebody comes and takes my healing ticks off because he/she "doesn't like" having both techs. I dunno, imagine you use level 50 buffs and inmediately I use my level 30 ones. Sometimes you're not in the mood to get over it.

---

Anyways, on topic, I like to play WT but not on support role, as I'm an attack techs & melee lover. I'm more of the healing role rather than buffing, because as my buffs aren't that shiny I prefer to use Megistar and save space in my Wands/Madoogs. Yeah, you can say whatever you want about it, but being already 3 more classes with better support than me, well, if somebody can give up on attack techs because he/she doesn't like them as AT why can't I do this (I'm not saying this as offense, in fact I like that, I don't see too many ATs using guns around).

Sano
Jun 5, 2009, 05:10 AM
@Darki: I know how you feel! I noticed a lot of AT overlook the Twin Handgun options we get, and those are great for handling flying bosses and annoying flying monsters. My Twin Ruby Bullets never leave my AT pallete ^^. Some complain "Oh but if I have to heal someone, I have to switch..." SO? Be versatile! Switch fast, cure/reverser/wtfever and go back to work :yes:

@Fhin: As Darki pointed out, you really should work Resta into your pallete. Overall, Resta is faster and won't overwrite the Auto HP Restore that other people have saved up from not being hit. Also, Resta looks really awesome once you level it up! :lol:

Shivah
Jun 5, 2009, 06:47 AM
@Darki: Tell them about your "friend" (I can't remember his name atm) and his idea of "suck", he is a good example for the topic and how idi0t some people can be.

Fhin
Jun 5, 2009, 07:10 AM
The problem is that Giresta is a buff and everytime you "heal" somebody with Giresta, probably you're overwritting anybody else's stacked heal ticks, which for a fighter, for example, is way more useful than waiting for your heals in most of the cases when facing a though monster. You say you're not using attack techs and you don't even use debuffs, what's the problem on having only one more tech? they'd be only 7, lol, for the weapons you posted you use only 14 PAs (20 with your techs, maybe 24 if you decide to get all frag bullets), having 1 more doesn't seem much of a deal...

Hmm tb rly honest....I never knew that Giresta stacking thing, no joke at all. >.<
Then you're right. ^^;

It really pisses me off that somebody comes and takes my healing ticks off because he/she "doesn't like" having both techs. I dunno, imagine you use level 50 buffs and inmediately I use my level 30 ones. Sometimes you're not in the mood to get over it.

Yeah, that's true but I don't complain about such things that I can't get pissed. My opinion is that if someone rly "overwrites" my lvl 50, to stay with your expl., I would think: "Ok, if you think so." but everyone has a different behavior. ^^

---

Anyways, yeah...I think there are some points I missed out. ^^;
But since it's my 3rd char and I took break from over 8 months, it'll some time to get rly back into it....maybe some pallette changings...since at least, I want to have a good supporter. ^^

Thx for the infos~.

Darki
Jun 5, 2009, 07:47 AM
Giresta does 3 functions:

1.- Heals. Less than Resta, but I'm sure a human/newman AT would full heal anybody with one Resta/Giresta cast, so that's not to much of a deal.

2.- Revives allies. It's kinda hard to find someone not carrying scapes, btw, so most probably you won't use Giresta for this too often, lol.

3.- Adds HP restore. This is the reason that makes Giresta a good buff. If you're an AT, it will add HP recovery lv 4 (basically like an orpa / HP restore), but with an extra ability: the healing ticks are "stored", and they will automatically heal you when receive a hit. So if you missed 5 ticks because you were at full HP, and get hit, you'll use those stored ticks.

By the way, these ticks are cancelled if another Giresta is casted on you. Think that, with enough time, you could even get fully recovered from ticks when facing a boss, saving time for the support and items. And as I pointed before, Giresta uses like 30 PP more than Resta, also takes more time to cast. That's why Resta is much better in any case for healing, and Giresta acts better for a buff & resurrect allies. You can have just one Madoog or Wand with Giresta and a debuff (I recommend Zoldeel), for example, then the rest with Resta/Reverser. I'm sure you'll notice a huge improvement in your support.

---

About getting pissed, well, it deppends on the situation. When I play with friends, it's much easier to yell them "FOOK ST0P USING TEH D4MN GIREST4!", but in randoms, you can find people who care a sheet about you and nice and polite people who will understand. If I'm playing an event mission and I'm in the "time attack mode" (so, dong a shitload missions to get a drop/exp/MP/just be serious), I'm not in the mood to tolerate n00bish gameplay, and I don't mean, for example, you using Giresta, I mean, you STILL using Giresta after I politely told you not to do, and explaining the reasons.

If I'm in a random for fun or just fooling around with friends, I could care less even if you use Giresta for healing, level 1 buffs and Jabroga to kill a Badira, I'd do too. xD

@Darki: Tell them about your "friend" (I can't remember his name atm) and his idea of "suck", he is a good example for the topic and how idi0t some people can be. I did some posts before. xD

Fhin
Jun 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
Ah ok, thx for the info. ^^

Yeah, that's true...I switched some things in the pallette of m AT and I think I'll be doing good this way and yeah, I think I'll use Resta again since some of my friends told me like: "The hell!? Put it in your pallette again!" xD
Not that your comment was nothing for me but I'm a person you collects more than one opinion so nothing against you.

And yes, it would be disturbing when someone STILL uses Giresta (in your example) even if you politely told the person not to do it. ^^

Hmm I know Zoldeel lowers ATA und EVP but what about Jellen or Zalure? Lowering ATP or DFP could be more useful in my eyes, does it?

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm also on PS2/PC. ^^;

Darki
Jun 6, 2009, 10:58 AM
Lowering DFP means nothing if you don't land hits on a monster, and being an AT, I don't thing reciveing strong hits means much having level 50 Giresta's ticks. Me, as a beast WT, was really unable to land many hits to, for example, event Deljabans, because of their high EVP. Also, as an AT you have a very high EVP, too, so lowering their ATA means they will hit you less times too.

Debuffs ARE useless now because monsters are really easy, due to the level difference. Now, imagine a mission with those Deljabans, but with the proper HP (doubled). There, Zoldeel would be a very good help. Of course if you wanna, use all debuffs, but that will take a space off your wand, too. With my GT, I do use a wand/madoog for all buffs and abother pair for all debuffs + Giresta. I just suggested Zoldeel to take that space off the madoog or wand, but you choose.

Fhin
Jun 6, 2009, 11:05 AM
So I tested the debuffs and I think I'll go with Zoldeel...it's the most useful one.^^;
Thx for the info.

ChibiBecca
Jun 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
I don't like switching too much through my weapons thanks to having to wait for some techs to load again when i've changed to another weapon. i'd rather have a gun/sword/etc in one hand, and a wand/techmag in the other so i can switch quickly between healing and attacking in difficult parts.

normally i can cope with the lag, but it can be frustraiting when the first room has been wiped out by faster players before your weapons have loaded. :p

as for healing, i cast giresta at the same time as the buffs, and then not usually use it until i need to buff again. i stick to resta for healing as i also like how giresta stacks the heals. for ages i didn't know that casting it again 'reset' the stack of heals, i'm glad i figured it out before it got annoying for anyone else. ^^;

(speaking of lag, the forum keeps lagging or not loading at all for me today. is it just me?)

ChibiBecca
Jun 6, 2009, 12:59 PM
I don't like switching too much through my weapons thanks to having to wait for some techs to load again when i've changed to another weapon. i'd rather have a gun/sword/etc in one hand, and a wand/techmag in the other so i can switch quickly between healing and attacking in difficult parts.

normally i can cope with the lag, but it can be frustraiting when the first room has been wiped out by faster players before your weapons have loaded. :p

as for healing, i cast giresta at the same time as the buffs, and then not usually use it until i need to buff again. i stick to resta for healing as i also like how giresta stacks the heals. for ages i didn't know that casting it again 'reset' the stack of heals, i'm glad i figured it out before it got annoying for anyone else. ^^;

(speaking of lag, the forum keeps lagging or not loading at all for me today. is it just me?)

fighgunners
Jun 6, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'm the Lone Fighgunner left on PS2

Trish Digital Girl
Jun 6, 2009, 04:14 PM
I'd make you drop 40mil! :-P Just kidding ^^ I would just continue the mission. TBH I like those classes cause they're under used.

ME ME, Add meee! XD You probably have seen me afk on the 4th floor a couple of times. XD

God_Shiden
Jun 6, 2009, 07:49 PM
I play WT, I like WT. If you dont like me in your party i'll be more than glad to leave....:-?

The_Brimada
Jun 7, 2009, 12:38 PM
Umm.... I would keep playing?