PDA

View Full Version : Favorite beast nanoblast.

EK Dynomite
May 30, 2009, 02:58 AM
Was bored, decided to make this. Anyway I keep changing my beast because I dont know which one to stay with.I think maybe speed but I would like some opinions and also to see just why others like a certain beast. So tell me why you like that certain beast.:-D

ashley50
May 30, 2009, 03:20 AM
changing your Beast?

You can't change your Beast. Or do you mean Nanoblast?
(Also I got no beast so...meh)

Ruru
May 30, 2009, 03:21 AM
well my favorite in terms of looks would have to be zeed. in terms of usefullness thats vande easily.

as for all nanoblasts though you're honestly better off sticking to normal mode since they havent updated nanoblasts at all to make them more usefull than the pure strength from your PA's

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 03:36 AM
My beast is only 58-ish, I hate using the beast form. I don't even have one equipped. I'd much rather use my other characters.
I hate using him so much, I didn't even list him in my sig.

Genoa
May 30, 2009, 03:41 AM
Adaka Val, however, as far as looks, I would love to be Boggo Val for it's purple-win.
As someone put a long time ago...
Adaka Val is real cats
Vande Val is for p***y cats
(yet during this event I found myself in Vande Val often D: )

Aeris
May 30, 2009, 03:59 AM
I have Adaka Val on my beast for more power.

Ail
May 30, 2009, 04:38 AM
i like Zeed Val because yellow/brown is lena's signature. so, yeah, much more for the look than anything else (even if i like the evp thing). she never changed, and she will do it only if there is the extreme need to.. ._.

Tetsaru
May 30, 2009, 05:15 AM
Invulnerability ftw, it saves your ass from so much stuff. Besides, if you try going all out beating up everything in the other nanoblast forms, you usually just end up dying anyway. =/

The attack one is second on my list, and the other two are just useless imo. Nanoblasts REALLY need an overhaul... give each one unique abilities instead of just two simple attacks and a buff in a certain area. Make the speed one actually RUN AND ATTACK FASTER instead of blocking every other enemy attack and interrupting your own. Give the invulnerability one some sort of charm move so he can "tank" for everyone else. Give the purple one some magic-based ranged or AOE attacks and the red one some good old brute strength moves or something - IT ONLY MAKES SENSE. Of course, Segac knows nothing about that... -_-;

Ezodagrom
May 30, 2009, 06:00 AM
I use vande val, I like the invulnerability and also blue is one of my favorite colors, win win situation for me :3.

Gibdozer
May 30, 2009, 02:03 PM
I had stopped using it altogether when I had the speed blast, it really felt more like a liability than an asset most of the time. About 2 months ago I switched to the invincible and I couldn't be happier with it. I also play a cast and I feel my beast form is now as valuable as my SUV!

autumn
May 30, 2009, 02:12 PM
I have a beast on my second account and he doesn't even have a blast. I'm happy that way, I get the cute looks and I don't have the crappy skill.

The_Brimada
May 30, 2009, 03:24 PM
my favorite is Zeed Val but i find myself using the blue nano the majority of the time. on AF WT and GT zeed seems to work pretty well (evading attacks), but the red nano will still evade a lot on AF still. looks wise zeed val is definetely my favorite.

Noblewine
May 30, 2009, 03:27 PM
I liked the Adaka Val for launching powerful attacks. I haven't tried the invincible one yet but will try it later.

Criss
May 30, 2009, 05:47 PM
Where's the option "None. I'm a beast but I don't need it!"?

Seriously, who needs nanoblasts anyways? Any high level character with high level PAs and good weapons will outdamage the nanoblasts, without having to sacrifice item usage. Either you take the invincibility and deal lower damage than normal, either you take the power nanoblast and do somewhat better damage only to die before it ends because you can't heal yourself and others are either too selfish or are ignorant newbies who don't know about Star Atomizers.

We still have the exact same freaking nanoblast forms since the original release over two years ago. Since then Casts have had countless new SUVs, and everything from base stats to character stat mods to PAs have been updated along the way.

My favorite race is beasts, but I only use nanoblasts for the badass tatoo look. Not for the ugly, poorly animated, underpowered, outdated poor excuse of a special power.

Dymalos
Jun 1, 2009, 02:42 AM
The Defense form seems to be useless, I think that it doesn't take the element of my shield line in to consideration, and I end up taking more damage in that form than I would otherwise take with out a Nanoblast.

I'm definitely very happy with Vande Val, it's a good all around boost for most any type; in fact, I find it to be extremely useful as melee deficient types such as Guntecher for dealing with bullet resistant mobs such as Ubakradas in Sakura Blast.

DreXxiN
Jun 1, 2009, 03:23 AM
Anyone thinking BEASTS need adjustments really needs a reality check. Humans..? And Vande Val can actually be quite useful..

Darki
Jun 1, 2009, 09:33 AM
Anyone thinking BEASTS need adjustments really needs a reality check. Humans..? And Vande Val can actually be quite useful..

What's the "advantage" of having a nanoblast when with an axe/spear you do way more DPS than any kind of transformation? The ONLY blast that does something "useful" is Vande Val saving your butt when a dangerous situation comes.

Adaka Val is strong, but the only advantage you have from it is the fact that you can't be knocked off or if you use other not-so-strong weapon types, like for example my beast using swords, whips and daggers, but a beast GM with an axe owns all the DPS of Adaka val in a minute by how many, 3, 4 swings?

Boggo Val is useless, the only "use" it could have would be in case you wanted a little less survavility for more time than Vande Val. anyways, with good armors with high % you basically own this one.

and Zeed Val is even worse, because the only thing you get is an accuracy/evasion mod, which means you hit a little more times, but you block a lot too.

For me, I like Boggo vecuase I like the color, but I switch between Adaka and Vande depending on the missions I run. For example for the event I was using Adaka, except for the Magashi Plan, I used Vande.

Blasts should get a little bump. The cry because humans/newmans don't have an special is pointless when you can do better without blast than with it in many situations... :/ Instead of cry for that, think of the other way: CASTs keep getting newer SUVs all the time while beasts have she same sheet from the very beggining.

Ezodagrom
Jun 1, 2009, 11:35 AM
Blasts should get a little bump. The cry because humans/newmans don't have an special is pointless when you can do better without blast than with it in many situations... :/ Instead of cry for that, think of the other way: CASTs keep getting newer SUVs all the time while beasts have she same sheet from the very beggining.
I agree that blasts should get a bump, or even some big changes, like, for example, yellow having a speed boost and replacing the hard punch with like 3 or 4 fast punches, purple hitting an extra target and having some sort of AOE special instead of the hard punch and red having a boost in power.

But if nanoblasts were to be boosted, then newmans and humans would definitely need to get something special for them.

OldCoot
Jun 1, 2009, 12:21 PM
Invulnerable. Nice to go attack those critters who knock you away or like to use dambarta often. You get to inflict your damage with no worries and then you are back to normal quickly.

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 12:53 PM
For both looks and function I choose Vande Val. I like the way the tattoo itself looks too, and I mainly use the Nano against tough enemies to avoid taking damage (Svaltus, Gol Dolva, etc.).

unicorn
Jun 1, 2009, 01:11 PM
My favorite is Zeed, only because Yellow is my favorite colour.

However, I use Vande Val the most.

Darki
Jun 1, 2009, 01:46 PM
I agree that blasts should get a bump, or even some big changes, like, for example, yellow having a speed boost and replacing the hard punch with like 3 or 4 fast punches, purple hitting an extra target and having some sort of AOE special instead of the hard punch and red having a boost in power.

But if nanoblasts were to be boosted, then newmans and humans would definitely need to get something special for them.

Your idea seems the more logic, instead of giving boosts to stats they could have different special moves. Adaka Val could have strong hits to pwn monsters without too many knocks. Boggo Val, that could have a lot of attacks with knock backs/ups (as the "deffensive" role, also to keep things away), and Zeed Val could have the multiple hits combo, weaker but a shitload of hits. Vande Val could remain as it is, as the only reason for it is to be invulnerable, maybe keeping it's attack power, knocks and speed in a moderate place.

Also, a crazy idea: Same than there are some SUVs related to melee weapons, like Gigas Faust, Meteor buster/attacker/burst and Gigas Espada, there could be a blast related to TP/MST. It would make sense as Adaka/Boggo/Zeed Val are alike to Shifta/Deband/Zodial, it could have a weak combo attack with knockback, for example, and as the "second" attack, some kind of tech (as it could have the white color relating it to Retier, the tech could be some kind o Grants, like the monsters in WB).

Another thing (dreams are cheap) is that c'mon, they could have had different looks for each blast. >< The dream-like idea would he that, as you can tweak your character outfit, it were possible to actually tweak the apperance of your blast form.

But, as I said, dreams are cheap...

For the humans/Newmans... Well, I think the advantages for those races in the content update are pretty good, at least they're actually getting something. Most probably beasts are getting nothing new, and, the "special" for beasts is really getting obsolete, so, it's lame.

hunterseifer
Jun 1, 2009, 05:50 PM
Vande Val (invulnerable) I use megidstaride since its negative effect gets negated, and a orp hp restore unit so you heal while ur transformed, epic lolz :lol: it's the best one, I'd say power is second in my list but has alot of problems when soloing

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
I use the invulnerable beast myself. I tend to die too much using the attack one if I am soloing or there isn't a decent techer.

Tsavo
Jun 1, 2009, 07:48 PM

Humans get tanks with the supplemental update. DIDN'T YOU KNOW!?

But yeah, I really like the idea of giving the blasts a little diversity. A part of me always wished the nanoblasts had something like a class system and the user got a certain number of points every time they used one. When they aquired enough they could buy new tattoos and branch out into different forms with different abilities, kinda like the basic and advanced classes. As it stands I just switch between invinciblity and power depending on what I'm running and use both sparringly.

neilp4453
Jun 1, 2009, 11:37 PM
I solo a lot so beast forum (anything other than invulnerable ) is useless. I die faster than the blue variation expires.

I made my main a cast because SUV>nanoblast.

But when we get the free makeovers.....I think my beast is gonna be the invulnerable one forever. No changes from now on. Especially in these S2 missions where a 1-3 hard hits by key enemies (which is when I use suv or nanoblast anyway) kills you or drops you to yellow bar.

Hrith
Jun 1, 2009, 11:38 PM
Nanoblast has been weaker than regular attacks since November 2007, about time you realised.

I use Vande Val, because if I'm to do less damage, at least give me something worth my while, like invincibility. Also, the other forms die in a few seconds against high-level monsters, anyway.

Sano
Jun 2, 2009, 04:35 AM
Honestly, unless you party with a real attentive Support Techer, you are dead more often than not in your Nanoblast form if you don't use Vande Val. Personally, I only use it when I know there is some sort of combination of monsters/situations I'd just rather save time and get it over with before its a hassle. Examples of such were the Dilnazens in Magashi Plan (the second set). But even then, after a few runs, I just tore them up with my Light Vish Adac ^^

But as for my favorite one, I have to say I still love Zeed Val (aesthetically lol). It was the first one I picked when PSU first came out and I used it for a long... long time lol. Then, I got sensible and decided to just be invincible in times of trouble ^^.

DEM_CIG
Jun 2, 2009, 07:09 AM
Speed if I had to pick one ^_^... Just because no one uses speed that much...