PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite GM weapon?

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 07:36 AM
If you had to choose only 1 of the 4 weapons to have 6 of on your palette, which would it be?

I'd choose shotgun of course. Even though it's the easiest to level, and is pretty cheap, they are good to have against most enemies.

Ethateral
May 30, 2009, 07:56 AM
Lazah cannonzzzzz~ <3

I want to pew pew all night long. D:

xBladeM6x
May 30, 2009, 08:02 AM
Lazah cannonzzzzz~ <3

I want to pew pew all night long. D:
We can work something out. ;D

Also, shotgun. D:

Volcompat321
May 30, 2009, 08:43 AM
Correction, this is the worst poll ever (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164707). It's for GM, not Protranser. You didn't have to post here :wacko:

biggabertha
May 30, 2009, 08:43 AM
That's such a tough choice - no joke.

All three weapons (wait, Gunmasters can use four...?!) are very strong in their places.

If I have to go with one, I was going to go for Laser so I could at least emulate a Rifle and a Shotgun in the right situations - but I'd suffer at bosses. Okay, I'll choose Shotgun - but I'd get into trouble with dangerous enemies and bosses with weakpoints so I'd choose Rifle but then I'd be in trouble against multiple enemies and and and....

I suppose Twin Handguns, being the most middle ground weapon would be a suitable choice here to perform all three tasks at a very sub-par level....

But I think I'll choose the Laser Cannon instead. No wait.... the Rifle... no wait.... the Shotgun....

ashley50
May 30, 2009, 08:49 AM
twin handguns.

All-around weapon, can use in FPV, decent damage and mobility.

darkante
May 30, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hmm toughie..i say Rifle as i like to snipe from a distance.
But Shotgun beats everything, almost no point to use any other of the weaponry, which i think is stupid.
But w/e gotta have something as main attack i suppose.

If there weren´t for the speed boost, there is no doubt i would go back to Fortegunner.

Alnet
May 30, 2009, 11:00 AM
I picked Rifle. I mean, what enemies does it -not- work well on? It flinches large enemies with strong SE, knocks over small-to-mid enemies with strong SE, it has high %, so it's decent against bosses, and it's excellent against flying enemies.

Besides, I figured everyone was gonna pick Shotgun anyway, so there may as well be a gunner who can actually shoot flying enemies.

sovalou
May 30, 2009, 11:17 AM
Um with a class so limited why would i ever be stuck using one weapon. Its bad enough i can only use guns, the fastest killing weapon i have as a option is probably the shotgun and laser. So out of four weapons only 2 of them are useful. Lets no also mention the ease of getting this shear power becuase then it goes straight to shotguns, making the laser an even least favorite aside from it being extremely situational. So if the only real good weapon choice for GM is a shotgun whats the point of having this non-sense thread >_>

Ruru
May 30, 2009, 12:51 PM
it's a hypothetical poll dont get so worked up.

as biggabertha so clearly stated (lol) it's actually a very hard decision. there are bosses that would take forever if you chose shotgun only since they fly or they're de rol le. lasers would also be weak on a boss so you couldnt really go with them. rifle would be great for flying bosses but would still take a while since it cant hit multiple targets and in fighting multiple enemies it would take even longer.

i'd say i'd go with twin handguns but it would just take forever to kill a svaltus or something similar that is bullet resistant and has a ton of hp.... so honestly i cant decide D:

Tetsaru
May 30, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm kinda stuck between shotgun and rifle myself, but I'd have to choose rifle for its more practical applications. Sure, a shotgun can tear anything up... but what good is power when you can't hit your target?

Halcyote
May 30, 2009, 01:37 PM
Laser Cannon, so I'd have no choice but to level up those bullets.

_Vyser_
May 30, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'll add another vote to rifles. They do great damage, have knock down, and have the highest SE (virus level 5 x freeze level 5 ftw). Yes I'll loose on DPS with large mobs and monsters with more than one target, but at least I'll be safe! Great on bosses too. :D

Without rifles, me and my friend couldn't do our rifle lock + Jabroga combo on those pesky scorpions.

Delete
May 30, 2009, 04:24 PM
Rifles Ftw.

Aeris
May 30, 2009, 11:55 PM
I am starting to like Twin Handguns more than my shotguns when i maxed every elemental PA including the PA fragment ones.

Zeek123
May 31, 2009, 09:34 AM
Hey there Pat. Thought I'd throw my two cents in there. You know shotguns and I are joined at the hip, but honestly, I think I have to choose lasers... if not solely for the fact that I think whoever caps them, deserves some respect.

deadlywhisper85
May 31, 2009, 12:36 PM
lasers for 2k a shot on 5 enemies!!

autumn
May 31, 2009, 08:44 PM
I think I'd spring for lasers. Lasers are good against multiple enemies and can be used against flying bosses (even if other things are better). But then I'm strange I guess, because my favorite GM weapons go like this:

Shotguns
Twin Handguns
Lasers
Rifles (I don't at all like rifles, and yes I've got not one but three over 31. Mobility > Knockdown works better for me)

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 01:14 PM
Twin Handguns. They're fun to use and have great mobility, which is good for keeping me safe.

DEM_CIG
Jun 1, 2009, 01:43 PM
Rifle... Hands down... I can just knock everything down/ flinch so I rarely ever get touched... ^_^

Triple_S
Jun 1, 2009, 04:46 PM
Twin Handguns. They're basically the Humans of the GM line-up. They can do everything decently, but not as well as everyone else. They can shoot distant enemies, do decent damage, hit many enemies in a line... Not to mention that you are very mobile while using them. Quite safe.

Although if Twin Handguns are the Humans, then Shotguns are CASTs, Rifles are Beasts, and Laser Cannons are Newmans.

Hrith
Jun 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
Anyone voting twin handguns should really play another class, twin handguns have nothing for them on GM.

Hard to believe I'm seeing "decent damage" associated with twin handguns in a GM topic...

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone voting twin handguns should really play another class, twin handguns have nothing for them on GM.

Hard to believe I'm seeing "decent damage" associated with twin handguns in a GM topic...
Believe it or not, some people play for "fun." My favorite weapon type is the one that's the most fun to use, not the one that does the most damage. And unlike DPS, fun is subjective.

Volcompat321
Jun 1, 2009, 06:49 PM

lol you must not have your twin handguns 41+...I hit over 1k x2 each time I shoot my twin handguns as GM. Sure, it's not as good as a shotgun or rifle, but it does decent enough damage to smaller enemies, and gives you movement. I prefer twin handguns over shotguns in areas that enemies throw megid at you. It gives you speed to move, and damage.

Triple_S
Jun 1, 2009, 06:50 PM

What is decent damage and what isn't is relative.

Hard to believe I'm seeing obsession over DPS in a class/weapon-based topic.

Oshi-! No I'm not!

I like the weapon choice, the speed increase, the bullet levels and the all-around stats of the class anyways. This also means that I rather like Twin Handguns... and quite honestly your rather-annoying habit of throwing your playing style in people's faces is, well, annoying.

EDIT: Vol, if anyone has them to 41+ it's Hrith. He has to get his numbers from somewhere, and it sure as hell isn't out of his ass. I'll give him a lot of credit; if I ever need to know damage output, he has everything. But I don't always. The only thing I don't like doing is wasting my time (See: my laser PA topic), and if I'm enjoying using my Twin Handguns I'm not wasting it :)

Also, rifles and shotguns can flinch most enemies to prevent Megid flying. Thanks to lag it can sometimes fuck up, but Megid doesn't always kill anyways.

Zeek123
Jun 1, 2009, 11:17 PM
quite honestly your rather-annoying habit of throwing your playing style in people's faces is, well, annoying.

And the winner is...

pikachief
Jun 2, 2009, 12:25 AM
Shotguns! Easy to kill everything except flying enemies. and even when fighting flying enemies, FM's can only hit those when they land too right? :P

Tianna
Jun 2, 2009, 09:28 AM
Well, I agree with a couple other posts in this thread. GM weps are VERY situational. As most of you know I love my shotties and use them most of the time, BUT.....I have recently started leveling my lasers and WOW in a linear set up(hallways in SE) they do UBAR damage( again situational). Rifles are wonderful on some bosses, ie: Motherbrain but even there, bosses with multable hit boxes like De Ragnus my shotties still reign supreme. I need to level my twin handgun bullets but I kinda got spoiled with a vijeri/resist and not needing to move when megid comes my way. Sooooo, long story short I cannot choose only one but would have to put them in order like this:

Shotties
Lazers
Rifles
Twin Handguns

RagolianHunter
Jun 2, 2009, 09:56 AM
I agree with "situational" but in a diff. way.

I have been running alot (alot for me anyway) with a centian someone. LOOK UP

Well anyway she uses the shotty and I stand just behind here with my level 50 Ice rifle bullets and we rock.

I also get to take advantage of her vij/resist in doing so.

So again situational...but in a team its rifle for me.

NOTE: This mainly applied to our fourth seal runs...but it was a great combo.

Tianna
Jun 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
It seems we save each other's butts quite well...lol. With your rifle shots while I take front with shotty your knockdown does keep them at bay quite well. We also had great success with doubling the rifles on Gaos( 2X level 50 bullets FTW)...killed em quick in no time then we could concentrate on the shotty/rifle combo again.

FIGHT ON! my friend FIGHT ON! ^^

Ok, I want to change my vote to....
Friends to party with! .....huh?...not an option to vote on? dayum!

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 10:57 AM
It seems we save each other's butts quite well...lol. With your rifle shots while I take front with shotty your knockdown does keep them at bay quite well. We also had great success with doubling the rifles on Gaos( 2X level 50 bullets FTW)...killed em quick in no time then we could concentrate on the shotty/rifle combo again.

FIGHT ON! my friend FIGHT ON! ^^

Ok, I want to change my vote to....
Friends to party with! .....huh?...not an option to vote on? dayum!

lol. It sucks we don't play the same times usually :(
Your always afk when I'm on.
I play overnight most of the time, barely anyone is on that late anymore. :(:(
We need some new players. I'm kinda getting tired of soloing. I mean it's fun cause I keep all the rares, but I love to play in parties more.

Tianna
Jun 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
lol. It sucks we don't play the same times usually :(
Your always afk when I'm on.
I play overnight most of the time, barely anyone is on that late anymore. :(:(
We need some new players. I'm kinda getting tired of soloing. I mean it's fun cause I keep all the rares, but I love to play in parties more.

I couldn't agree more hon. I am at work now and as usual I will be on around 3-ish (EST) and log off by 10-11 pm. We ought to try and set up times to run on the weekends. On weeends I am on from about 7 or 8 am till 10 pm ...alot of hours there :)

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
I couldn't agree more hon. I am at work now and as usual I will be on around 3-ish (EST) and log off by 10-11 pm. We ought to try and set up times to run on the weekends. On weeends I am on from about 7 or 8 am till 10 pm ...alot of hours there :)

Wow, that is a lot of time!
We can set something up. I'm usually heading to bed by now (it's12:32pm EST now)
Weird sleep schedule... anyway, We can definitely play on the weekends. I'll mail you in game when I see you :D:D

RagolianHunter
Jun 2, 2009, 11:45 AM
Wow, that is a lot of time!
We can set something up. I'm usually heading to bed by now (it's12:32pm EST now)
Weird sleep schedule... anyway, We can definitely play on the weekends. I'll mail you in game when I see you :D:D

WHAT

No love for me...bad...slits wrists.... :dead:

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 11:48 AM
WHAT

No love for me...bad...slits wrists.... :dead:

Of course there's love for you!!
I usually see you on when I'm on. (most of the time)
Sometimes I stay up late, or early depending on how you look at it, and I see you on. Like the other day when we ran SE, I was heading to bed at that time. :(
I blame it on the work schedule. I don't work much, but when I do, it's odd hours.

RagolianHunter
Jun 2, 2009, 11:49 AM
Of course there's love for you!!
I usually see you on when I'm on. (most of the time)
Sometimes I stay up late, or early depending on how you look at it, and I see you on. Like the other day when we ran SE, I was heading to bed at that time. :(
I blame it on the work schedule. I don't work much, but when I do, it's odd hours.

Ohh ok fine then.

Hell I need a few bandaids and I mean quick.

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 11:52 AM
Ohh ok fine then.

Hell I need a few bandaids and I mean quick.

haha I'll get my techer to heal ya up. You know, you can always message me to do runs. I have everything in this game that I need. Other than that pesky spread needle I'm trying to get people to trade me, I have most of my wants. I'm always up for some random runs with pretty much anyone. With friends it would be a bonus!