PDA

View Full Version : White Beast, why is it popular?

l3wys3
May 31, 2009, 08:31 PM
I MEAN YEAH I HAS GOOD MP N STUFF BUT NOT THE BEST .....
NO GOOD DROPS AT ALL APART FROM DIAD ....
EXP IS OK..... THERE IS BETTER
THE MISSION ITSSELF IS QUITE FUN BUT ID RATHER DO SUMMAT LIKE
SEED EXPRESS OR SOMETHING REALLY COOL :D
AND AT LEAST THERE U HAVE CHANCE OF MAKING MONEY LOL :D
IM QUITE NEW 2 PSU (KINDA) BEEN PLAYING 4 WEEK >>
BUT I DID HAVE OTHER GT SO PLAYING 4 BOUT 1 YEAR MAYBE..
AND WB IS SOOO OVER RATED ... IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF
PEOPLE WHERE JUST DOING LOADS OF DIFFERNT MISSIONS JUST
FOR FUN :D ANYONE ELSE FEEL SAME WAY :) :-?

euromyne
May 31, 2009, 08:36 PM
A lot of people don't understand why people spam White Beast. I don't really get it, myself. Whenever I play, we always go do missions all over, not just in one place.

Also I think you left your caps on. ;)

Volcompat321
May 31, 2009, 08:54 PM
I need hizeri mind, that's why I spam it.

_Vyser_
May 31, 2009, 09:27 PM
I think it has something to do with exp/time, but I hear lots of people spam it for a chance at a Serafi board.

stinkyfish97
May 31, 2009, 10:19 PM
Its hard to see why people spam it. I really miss missions like valley of carnage and some of the older missions. What makes me mad about this game is I have been playing since before firebreak and I always loved jumping around the missions playing everything. What pisses me off is sega gives us all these new missions but some of the older missions are still quite fun, just nothing drops there worth while anymore. All sega needs to do to make people happier is to fix the s2 missions that currently exist, maybe change some of the enemies around, change the lvl of the enemies in those missions and also change what drops there. I love running bruce runs but nobody is ever there to run it with me. :-(

Halcyote
May 31, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hopefully S3 missions will change it up a bit.

People spam WB because of exp/time ratio. Some people still would like some of the drops there (Nasuyoteri, Serafi-senba, Hizeri / Mind, and of course, Diads). Others probably don't have any other mission lobbies to go to, and don't feel like exploring.

darkante
May 31, 2009, 10:47 PM
Itīs a worthwhile mission to do.
Good exp/mp and decent rares.

But, balancing should come from ST side.
And they are too lazy to do anything about it.
They think that good rares dropping from events are a good excuse, but that makes the game only more limited, which is sad IMO.

Magus_84
May 31, 2009, 11:03 PM
Hopefully S3 missions will change it up a bit.

People spam WB because of exp/time ratio. Some people still would like some of the drops there (Nasuyoteri, Serafi-senba, Hizeri / Mind, and of course, Diads). Others probably don't have any other mission lobbies to go to, and don't feel like exploring.

This. High-level, mono-element (other than the boss) and fairly harmless enemies (only two status effects to worry about at all, and Freeze is mostly avoidable) with decent MP/exp; a generally short set of maps that has a lot of skippable stuff; decent drops that still maintain value even with how much people play it (Diads on S, Serafi-Senba on both S and S2, Nasuyoteri, Hizeri/Mind, etc) and the fact that everyone knows all of the above. Meaning people will likely be there. And Dragons are generally the easiest bosses to kill quickly, due to all those lovely targets and their lack of any way to avoid attacks (unlike De Rol, Falz or Mother******* Brain).

And for new players, it only requires going through one mission to access, as opposed to two for Seed Express, or...several (three?) for Bladed Legacy.

Compare that to something like SEED Express. Two different elements within the mission itself, dangerous enemies (comparatively speaking, with Megid and Stun/Freeze) and the most frustrating boss in the game. For drops that, other than Armas, haven't held value very well.

Or Bladed Legacy. Catilium's taken a bit of a drop in price, the enemies can be frustrating for the average player, and the drops aren't that good.

Or Flowery Pursuit. The main "good" drops are from a rare enemy, and the enemies can and will kick your ass if you aren't good or careful.

Powder Keg
May 31, 2009, 11:09 PM
A lot of people still go after the [B] Serafi-Senba I guess, but personally I think a lot of the newer armors that have been released do a better job, unless you can get really lucky and synth a high % from a board.

Nasuyoteri is a nice rare to have as well.

Halcyote
May 31, 2009, 11:16 PM
While that's true, Serafi-senba is a good all-slot S rank armor to have until someone gets the DFP or the money to get an Armas-- that's if they're playing a Forte/Acro/Master class.

Magus_84
May 31, 2009, 11:23 PM
While that's true, Serafi-senba is a good all-slot S rank armor to have until someone gets the DFP or the money to get an Armas-- that's if they're playing a Forte/Acro/Master class.

Serafi's still the only truly "universal" all-slot S-Rank, too. Unless something new's been added that I'm forgetting. The other choices that come close are Rabol Nico (FF/FM), Armas Line (non-hybrids) and Rabol Orachio (hybrids). Oh, and Storm Line (gunners and Acros).

Until something comes out that's completely universal, Serafi will still be worth a lot, as it allows you to buy one set of armor and equip any possible character, once they have the DFP for it. Being Yohmei, it also has a ridiculously low DFP requirement. And White Beast's the only place to get it.

Honestly...I find the White Beast hate more annoying that the people who run it all the time. You're starting to see topics now where people throw in a poll that's "anti-White Beast" just to get a cheap pop from the crowd. It's trite.

Edit: Exhibit A: http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164707

If you dig down past the...issues, you can tell what he's getting at. Basically "hey, the PA exp boost shouldn't be active in White Beast". Unless someone can name another "overrated" light-element only mission with Kakwanes.

hewitt
May 31, 2009, 11:34 PM

Oh. Bordeaux posts on PSO-W?

Halcyote
May 31, 2009, 11:46 PM
Yes, yes I do.

hewitt
May 31, 2009, 11:48 PM
HI ^-^

HienkyakuX
May 31, 2009, 11:56 PM
funny thing is most of them have almost all char cap and still play that mission.

sovalou
Jun 1, 2009, 12:39 AM
I need hizeri mind, that's why I spam it.

seriously, people still hunt those. Of all the useless items a mind unit, seriously. >_>

GeekRuler
Jun 1, 2009, 12:41 AM
You knock out multiple birds with an increasingly more boring stone.
A chance at getting your rare mission, Serafi-senba, Hizeri / Mind, and MP/EXP if you're not maxed already.
Perfectly logical decision if you have the willpower and the time to play White Beast for another year :D

Me personally, the market needs more Har / Quicks and I'm farming Dancing Birds S. Doing this allows me to find Igg Crown, Har / Quick, Rare Map, and Peori Mates :D

Zeek123
Jun 1, 2009, 12:45 AM
seriously, people still hunt those. Of all the useless items a mind unit, seriously. >_>

You would be the Debbie Downer Sov :-P

beatrixkiddo
Jun 1, 2009, 12:48 AM

Sovalou's outlook doesn't change the fact that Hizeri / Mind reduces technic damage by a whopping 28 points.

Zeek123
Jun 1, 2009, 12:53 AM
I know bea. Just giving Sov a hard time for being negative, like always ^^

ThaiSoup
Jun 1, 2009, 01:25 AM
Really wish people wouldn't post about White beast every other month.

sovalou
Jun 1, 2009, 02:00 AM
Guarantee you by the end of this week there will be another white beast thread.

DreXxiN
Jun 1, 2009, 03:25 AM
None. There's absolutely no reason to run White Beast over SEED express, the payout is better in every way than White Beast...it's just too hard for people here..which is ironic from a community crying so hard over a game being too easy.

"But I want Serafi-senbas or the pointless Hizeri Mind!"

Okay, so go farm Armas and trade it for both of those.

thunder-ray
Jun 1, 2009, 03:35 AM
None. There's absolutely no reason to run White Beast over SEED express, the payout is better in every way than White Beast...it's just too hard for people here..which is ironic from a community crying so hard over a game being too easy.

Okay, so go farm Armas and trade it for both of those.Ima have to go with you on this. Ive grown tired of going to white beast as of late and im in need of a change of missions. Seed express sounds like a good place to spam for awhile.

goldbrease
Jun 1, 2009, 04:29 AM
i found wb to be a nice place to solo raise xp on cross bow bullets.
I got the ice bullet from level 5 to level 21 by the time the boss died on s2 rank.
and sure if you can use techs, hizeri mind is useless, but if your a class who doesn't use and techs, mind units are the only useful head units for you. and until you get better armor serafi is the best thing to use.

Phaesphora
Jun 1, 2009, 06:01 AM

After reading about that same comparison on the official boards, I tried them both, but didn't notice SEED Express being that much faster. Of course I'm just doing C runs, so the disparity in MP-over-time (my primary goal) between the two is much greater for me than for those running Rank A or higher. I'll have to try a more scientific approach once I'm capable of increasing the difficulty.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised running WB tonight. I run with others so seldom due to the behavior I see in the lobbies, but I picked one random group and all members were courteous and effective in their roles. Partner Card Get!

^^

Volcompat321
Jun 1, 2009, 06:40 AM

Okay, so go farm Armas and trade it for both of those.

Those 2 might be useless, but it's made me billions in meseta. No lie, BILLIONS. Not all at once of course, but over time. I'm after the Hizeri mind so I can sell my Opra mind, for market price - a few mil of course(I'm an under-cutter). The orpa mind is worth a lot more now, from when I bought mine. So it's worth it to sell. So far running the last 2 days of White Beast S2-

4-nasuyoteri (got 3 within 2 hours :D:D)

1-Serafi-senba [b]

0-Hizeri mind. (which I'm mostly after)

After I get the Hizeri mind I'm looking for, it's off to hunt some L/kk's for people.
After I get a few of those (which is unlikely for me to get any)
I'll sell the leftovers. When I get done with that, I'll hunt or help hunt Armas Line [b] with people.
When I'm done with that, I'll be off to hunt Milla. (which probably wont get either)
That's why I will be hunting at White Beast; cause if the billions I've made from it already. Want to know how much I've made off SEED Express-0 meseta.
I've hunted there a lot, and never gotten anything good to sell. My luck doesn't seem to work at SE. I have to keep the par walna for my snake boards.

As for the people that complain, they just have nothing better to do obviously. I've never complained about how easy or boring this game was. Don't generalize all the players that go to White Beast.

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 12:05 AM

Money talks Sov. MONEY TALKS!

lol debbie downer haha

Sovalou's outlook doesn't change the fact that Hizeri / Mind reduces technic damage by a whopping 28 points.

No, it doesn't change that fact, but like I just stated...MONEY TALKS!!
The day people stop buying Hizeri minds and serafi senbas, is the day I stop going to WB.

mvffin
Jun 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
I would much rather run SX, but there's no one there, and WB in a party > SX solo

Mario603
Jun 2, 2009, 08:49 AM
There is a chance at getting Hizeri/mind worth 50mil. And the xp is the best non event.

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 09:02 AM
Once I get more hizeri mind, I'll switch it up a bit, sell my orpa mind for..hmm, 25 mil (pc/ps2 market price it's at 29) Then go hunt some more orpa mind, it's easier to find than hizeri mind.
Then once I get a few, sell em, go back to WB, make me some more billions, then spend that meseta, then switch it up again, maybe hunt some armas MAYBE. Then I'll sell that or make it depending on my nanopolymer bank.

Like I said up there, WB makes money.
finding hizeri/serafi/nasuyo at WB >chance of finding and selling armas board.
what else drops at SE and sells as much as all 3 from WBs2?
I'll take the chance in finding 1/3 rares over the chance to find 1/1 rares any day.

InfiniDragon
Jun 4, 2009, 05:17 AM
I'm of the mindset this mission completely sucks, I used to think it was fun until I realized it sucked the soul out of an already diminishing community. I don't run it, period. And before someone says, yes I would and have rather soloed as opposed to doing WB in a group. It's that dumb. >_>

Chuck_Norris
Jun 4, 2009, 05:27 AM

Well, it's kind of the only type of mind unit that helps in any way at all for a Gunner/Fighter. Are we suppost to use a Har/Quick?

Magus_84
Jun 4, 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm of the mindset this mission completely sucks, I used to think it was fun until I realized it sucked the soul out of an already diminishing community. I don't run it, period. And before someone says, yes I would and have rather soloed as opposed to doing WB in a group. It's that dumb. >_>

So basically, until it became "popular" enough to have people ranting about it? >_>

Game's always going to have "hotspots" which give a disproportionately higher reward for a lower amount of effort.

And before people bring up the inevitable "OMG PSO was so much better because people didn't spam missions"...TTF.

The only reason White Beast gets hated on is because it's been a hotspot for waay too long, and its rise as a hotspot coincided with an influx of many new, possibly "noob" players.

@chuck: The meseta you get from selling a Hizeri/Mind is far more useful than its in-game effect. The damage it reduces is less than a Monomate's worth of HP, if I recall correctly.

The Overlord
Jun 4, 2009, 09:48 AM
Omg PSO was so much better cause people didn't spam missions.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 4, 2009, 10:22 AM
Heh, White Beast. Although I'm more of a Seed Express kinda guy I say I really don't mind doin a few WB runs. I honestly don't care if it's a "noob" quest or not. It's slowly becoming a nice place for me to snag some nice cashola and trust me, I luvs my cashola.

OldCoot
Jun 4, 2009, 11:15 AM
As said by others, good experience and MP, and a decent boss fight plus several things to hunt. I for one like my sefari-senba and would like a few more.

Also if you are leveling and dislike solo runs, you need to go where the masses are gathered to find parties to hammer though quicker.

I did the run way too much in the past and have no real desire to go there. But WB is just like all the previous hot-spots in the game. Crimson Beast, Sleeping Warriors, Dragon C runs (that goes way back). It will take the ST to offer more perks to get people to move, like the events. Players are very interested in leveling fast.

InfiniDragon
Jun 4, 2009, 11:26 AM
So basically, until it became "popular" enough to have people ranting about it? >_>

Game's always going to have "hotspots" which give a disproportionately higher reward for a lower amount of effort.

And before people bring up the inevitable "OMG PSO was so much better because people didn't spam missions"...TTF.

The only reason White Beast gets hated on is because it's been a hotspot for waay too long, and its rise as a hotspot coincided with an influx of many new, possibly "noob" players.

Not exactly...more like "until people downright stop doing ANYTHING else".

I'm well aware that games like this always have hotspots...but most games of this nature have more than one. Not to mention the fact that this one gets boring, fast. At least CB/HSM held my interest for more than three days. And if we're gonna go there on PSO, there were a LOT of places to get a group in Blue Burst (Desert, TTF, East/West Tower and even the occasional Challenge Mode); it isn't relevant to PSU as they are two different games but still.

Ultimately, it's people's choice to do what they will...I'll just continue to solo or find kindred spirits until the mob's mindset changes. Even if the hotspot was fun (like the events for example) I still need to do something else now and then, variety being the spice of life and all.

Genoa
Jun 5, 2009, 02:12 AM
Oh, this question is easy, ok, well here goes.
First, when it was released, it was "the new big thing". The drops were outstanding at the time, along with the EXP and MP.
Seemed somewhat difficult at first due to all the sleep, but soon people realized the importance of getting Sleep/Resist.
This mission is not even close to difficult when you cannot be put to sleep.
Despite how many missions have come out after White Beast, WB remains one of the easiest missions for good and fast EXP, MP, and drops.
All the enemies are ONE element with the exclusion of the boss, requiring you to only need mostly one element-type weapons/arts.
Due to the combination (combination being the key here) of popularity at release and Longevity for easy EXP/MP/Drops, White Beast becomes the returning point for the majority of players to find groups.
Due to there not being any form of universal chat, allowing you to speak to anyone in a given universe from any location, people can only communicate by either being in the same lobby or mailing friends.
This requires you to either play at desired locations with friends or going to a populated lobby with randoms. Since many people play with randoms, this requires the majority of players to be at one location to communicate. And as said earlier, since White Beast was so popular at it's release AND remains a very easy mission with more than average EXP/MP/Rewards, it has become the focal point of the PSU community.

Musekaze
Jun 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
Omg PSO was so much better cause people didn't spam missions.

TTF anyone?

XFroG2
Jun 5, 2009, 11:51 AM
Well having only just re-purchased a G-License which coincided with Shred TD I was unaware of WB's popularity... got quite a shock this morning when I walked into the WB lobby area!

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 5, 2009, 11:58 AM
seed express should be the hotspot(better drops)