PDA

View Full Version : Sega = Scam?

Alfarjamie0
Jun 1, 2009, 05:31 PM
Well in the last while i've been wondering, is Sega just conning us for our money?

Think about it this way.

Cap starts really low, they don't raise the cap or add new content, they're just enabling you to reach levels that were already there.

Same thing with the AOTI expansion, Level 200 is already written they're just releasing it.

Same thing with items such as whitill wings etc.

The only new thing they really develop in updates is the event missions, which the event missions only end up leading to waiting 2-3 weeks for the rewards.

It's just quite obvious Sega are trying to make profit so they can fund the making of more shit games like Sonic Unleashed.

I mean all their servers really do is host the lobby, same thing with PSO, essentially it has almost the same system as guild wars (towns=city/lobby in this case) where you just find people to party up with then do a mission which is locally hosted.

Its obvious, Monthly pay for something that the same system guild wars offers is free, not releasing new content, just pre existing content getting unlocked, and making everything span over as much time as possible to keep you paying for the subscription rather than getting everything and quitting, but tbh you could argue that it is indeed to stop people getting level 200 in 2 weeks or less then mastering everything getting the rarest stuff and quitting by promising new content and level cap unlocks, but really its just a POOR excuse to not make real patches and new content.

I used to have a lot of respect for SEGA, and it went downhill ever since Sonic Heroes.
If my Playtime on PSU runs out before the event rewards are released, im quitting and not comming back, they have no excuse, they promise this stuff before hand so they should have developed it before hand, why the stupid wait? To make sure you have to 50% likely pay for another month to get your rewards.

Fucking retarded.

hunterseifer
Jun 1, 2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, after the event rewards im gone, they have been taking way to long on everything. I even had a goal on this game, for FM get a rainbow set 42%+ with a rainbow set of 28%+ serafi and a R/K, all I'm missing is one serafi and 5 melee weps, I'm sure I'll have it by the end of rewards...I'll have nothing to do after that since no stuff to really hunt for.

Alfarjamie0
Jun 1, 2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah.. PSO was great because money didn't matter and it was all about rare drops.

Imo they should make EXCLUSIVE RARES, like sorta FFXI style, can't trade drop or sell them to other players. Make them extremely over powered but very rare, that would give us something to hunt for and make the game actually worth playing, instead you can just buy from meseta sellers (if you really needed to...) and then get the best weapons in the game and annihilate everything over and over.

But if you put exclusive items in that you can't trade or sell and have to hunt for then theres the fun of pso put back into the game really, doing runs over and over just for specific rares lol.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 1, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah.. PSO was great because money didn't matter and it was all about rare drops.

Imo they should make EXCLUSIVE RARES, like sorta FFXI style, can't trade drop or sell them to other players. Make them extremely over powered but very rare, that would give us something to hunt for and make the game actually worth playing, instead you can just buy from meseta sellers (if you really needed to...) and then get the best weapons in the game and annihilate everything over and over.

But if you put exclusive items in that you can't trade or sell and have to hunt for then theres the fun of pso put back into the game really, doing runs over and over just for specific rares lol.

Just what rares are you talking about? I can't think of any untradable rares in PSO.

hunterseifer
Jun 1, 2009, 05:59 PM
Just what rares are you talking about? I can't think of any untradable rares in PSO.
Think he meant more like FF XI, take more the idea from there to make ppl run alot in one place to make it feel like pso again

Alfarjamie0
Jun 1, 2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah but the rares on PSO you had to trade for rares, most didnt bother and just hunted them. Money was worthless in PSO and stuff was a lot harder to get, there was also no auction house, so the only real way to apply the same sort of PSO rare hunt fest is to make untradable weapons and armors that are leeeet

stukasa
Jun 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Sega is not "conning us," they've been releasing content like that since the beginning. The monthly fee you pay only allows you to access their servers, it doesn't guarantee any content release dates. If you're not willing to wait then quit like you said.

Alfarjamie0
Jun 1, 2009, 06:32 PM
It doesn't really pay for server fees either. All they do is host a lobby, same style and method guild wars uses, hence why its free because it is costing them fuck all, its not like theyre hosting a lot of open world terrain and mobs and shit like in WoW. So i don't see why we have to pay, and to keep us paying/playing they just delay us having content that already exists because they're too lazy to create NEW content.

DreXxiN
Jun 1, 2009, 06:39 PM
Fun Fact: The company has no necessity to give you SHIT if you pay per month.

Fun Fact2: How do you SCAM when it is absolutely voluntary?
You have to put in your own personal credit card info KNOWING what you're going to receive. Hell, you know MONTHS AHEAD from Japanese updates! You continue to pay, KNOWING what is going to be release, yet you dare call them "scammers".

If things aren't going your way just stop paying and play a different game.
Or just don't pay SEGA for their incompetence if you haven't received lost hacked items or a ticket has been ignored for the past 2 weeks, and have friends that want you to play pay for you like I am. =)

Volcompat321
Jun 1, 2009, 06:56 PM
I agree 100% with DreXx if you pay to play, don't pay, and you cant play. Problem solved. No need to make up retard rants like this getting people all worked up over something you DON'T HAVE TO PAY for.

ashley50
Jun 1, 2009, 07:21 PM
baaaaaw?

thunder-ray
Jun 1, 2009, 07:38 PM
Fun Fact: The company has no necessity to give you SHIT if you pay per month.

Fun Fact2: How do you SCAM when it is absolutely voluntary?
You have to put in your own personal credit card info KNOWING what you're going to receive. Hell, you know MONTHS AHEAD from Japanese updates! You continue to pay, KNOWING what is going to be release, yet you dare call them "scammers".

If things aren't going your way just stop paying and play a different game.
Or just don't pay SEGA for their incompetence if you haven't received lost hacked items or a ticket has been ignored for the past 2 weeks, and have friends that want you to play pay for you like I am. =)Amen :)

Solstis
Jun 1, 2009, 07:48 PM
Pretty sure that a lot of scams are voluntary.

PSU players are the little old ladies and Sonic Team are the meteor collision insurance salesmen

(but, no, there's a difference between being scammed and just being a poor consumer)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 1, 2009, 08:58 PM
baaaaaw?
FOCL.

Zeek123
Jun 1, 2009, 11:38 PM
FOCL.

Do... what now? That's a new one for my eyes.

Fall on the ceiling laughing?

Fall on crying lepers? (leppers?)

:-?

ShinMaruku
Jun 1, 2009, 11:42 PM
You should know by now Sonic Team is a shitty company

Rasputin
Jun 2, 2009, 12:23 AM
You lost me when you told me to think.

Vanzazikon
Jun 2, 2009, 12:52 AM
Do... what now? That's a new one for my eyes.

Fall on the ceiling laughing?

Fall on crying lepers? (leppers?)

:-?Click his sig.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 2, 2009, 02:18 AM
Here's a thought... if you think so highly of Guild Wars and hate paying for PSU, then go play Guild Wars and stop bitching about pointless topics. You don't like paying? Quit. End of story.

Lady Kuja
Jun 2, 2009, 06:14 AM
Not a scam; but a horrible track record of never getting things done.
This is due to lack of infrastructure and many other related issues.

Dhylec
Jun 2, 2009, 08:05 AM
ST's support behind PSU has actually improved. The PSO's days were terrible with rampant cheating & hacking. Many serious PSU glitches & problems are fixed soon. Though, something like compensation for room loss is still slow.

Alfarjamie0
Jun 2, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yes it is voluntary to pay, yes they don't have to give us shit, no i will not play guild wars, thats a 1 week completable game with mostly pve offers.

But the difference between guild wars and PSU, is they actually get updates. Not unlocks of already made content.

Thats the main point, its like they have us by the balls, and every £7.99 you pay they slowly let go of them. Where as most companys will offer the game and NEW Content for example giving you new areas, weapons, armors quests and such SEGA are only UNLOCKING pre existing content aside from the events.

With other games you don't know what you are getting unless they announce it, with PSU you know what you're getting you just have to wait a few months till they unlock it.

Which is a pretty poor excuse to make it seem like SEGA are actually adding something to the game.

Which brings me to the main question, What the fuck are SEGA doing with our money? I mean they must be making a lot of profit, only thing they host is the character data and lobby/city (same as PSO).
Most companys spend this money to make decent sequels of the game, expansions, updates, hire more staff and generally get some shit done.

But SEGA, what are they churning out with our money? Shitty Sonic games since Sonic heroes? I can't really think of any decent games they made.
Even though this makes me sound like a hypocrit, PSU was even a FLOP by SEGA, the programming is fucking TERRIBLE, so many slowdowns on all versions, did they even test the game, or think to put FRAME SKIPPING on? Im fed up of "Bullet Time" on the 360 version, and when you get it on the PC version or ANYONE gets it on the pc version it makes everyone go out of sync and the enemys are in different places on everyones screen so it ends up someones hitting a mob on the other side of the room from you.

I quit the pc version and went to the 360 version to play with my friend. But this only reminds me how much of an ass SEGA can be. I think they're just pushing titles out of their ass to make a quick profit these days so their company has enough money to make more crappy titles and fund their own life's.

They really haven't put an effort into any games lately, i mean you will see games like Halo 3, Call of duty 4, Heck even crysis runs better on my PC than PSU does (at highest settings on both). And then you got PSU with graphics that look worse than Severance Blade of Darkness which was released in 2001 and also runs worse. Sonic teams programmers are a joke, and need replacing, so does the guy that is leading the development of all these games.

Volcompat321
Jun 2, 2009, 11:39 AM
Blah blah blah blah blah

Just don't play the game. End of story. I seriously see like 10 "I hate SEGA" threads a month. Get over it. If you don't like the game, or how it's being handled, find something else to play, easy as that. If you enjoy the game as is, then play it and shoooooge. In time we will get everything unlocked, ST will give us what we paid for (stuff on the disc that has to be unlocked) and everyone will STILL complain.
Everyone just needs to get over it. They obviously aren't changing anything or else you'd see improvement.

Most companys spend this money to make decent sequels of the game, expansions, updates, hire more staff and generally get some shit done.

But SEGA, what are they churning out with our money? Shitty Sonic games since Sonic heroes? I can't really think of any decent games they made.

They wouldn't be spending PSU's earnings on other games. They have to spend it on server upkeep(electricity, tech's and other people maintaining the servers) and all the other shit they got that goes into keeping a server up and running.

Gibdozer
Jun 2, 2009, 12:19 PM
ST's support behind PSU has actually improved. The PSO's days were terrible with rampant cheating & hacking. Many serious PSU glitches & problems are fixed soon. Though, something like compensation for room loss is still slow.

Amen to that brother, though I do miss online/offline characters

As to the OP Sega is certainly not scamming/ripping me off. Since I started playing PSU I spend only a fraction of what I used to on new games!

This game is so well built and compelling I just don't have the need/desire to play/buy all the games I used to. No its not as fresh as when I first started, but the quality of the illusion and the dead on controls seem to win out (for me) over my newer games every time.

If you don't feel the same, then why even discuss it just leave. Go far away take your juvenile complaining and entitlements with you. You don't have any excuses to stay all you have to do to leave is stop contributing to the system you despise!