PDA

View Full Version : PSU Worth Offline?

Drakfang4
Jun 2, 2009, 08:13 PM
Well, i got Phantasy Star Universe like 2 years ago, played for a bit, but kind of got bored :/. I was thinking about coming back to it, except i don't have my own credit card and my parents will never pay for it :-x So, i was wondering, is Phantasy Star Universe worth to play offline? Is it a game that will keep me entertained for maybe the whole or at least some of the summer? Please and Thank you.

PS: On top of that, I've wanted to know, what is the max lv on PSU?

KunoTatewaki
Jun 2, 2009, 08:17 PM
I personally didn't mind playing it offline. Some people have different views though. The max level on offline/story mode is 200.

Ruru
Jun 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
i would say that... the amount of time you could play PSU offline depends entirely on you. there is quite alot of content but it gets boring pretty fast. and if you dont have AotI then you'd probably lose interest even faster.

as for the level cap. we are capped at 150 atm on NA/EU servers. cap for JP is 180. i'm not sure if the cap will hit 200 or not since i havent really looked it up. so someone else will have to answer that. as for offline i honestly have no clue. highest i got was 97 lol

Drakfang4
Jun 2, 2009, 08:21 PM
Ok, so the level cap for it is 200 like PSO. Its just it DOES get boring, i mean to unlock things you have to play through the story, but then you already know everything, nothings new :/. But what is AotI?

EDIT:Ncm Ambittion of the Illumise

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 08:24 PM
Play the offline for the cut-scenes. I have just got to chapter 5. The cut-scenes are awesome, aswell ast the voice acting. Put that alongside the Story, that's all offline has going for it.

Chapters take AGEEES though.

Drakfang4
Jun 2, 2009, 08:28 PM
Man i wanted to get back in, but dosent seem worth it.:/. But as a conclusion, is it overall better than PSO?

グレッグ
Jun 2, 2009, 08:31 PM
Man i wanted to get back in, but dosent seem worth it.:/. But as a conclusion, is it overall better than PSO?

My opinion is pretty void. I've always preferred playing with friends, so any game with friends is fun to me. If I played PSU offline, I'd just get bored.

Drakfang4
Jun 2, 2009, 08:32 PM
Ya, well no friends have PSU. I guess ill give it a try

Ruru
Jun 2, 2009, 08:33 PM

oh boy i see a BIG discussion on the rise lol.

as for me. no. i loved PSO. i like PSU.

that's all i can really say without making a heated topic pop up under this post. although i'm sure someone will come in and make a huge arguement about either side lol.

Drakfang4
Jun 2, 2009, 08:34 PM
OMG your right i shouldn't have said that.......but i have always found the put more work into PSU but i totally LOVE pso and still play BB.

Gibdozer
Jun 2, 2009, 08:41 PM
Are you playing PS2 or 360? 360 offline is not worth it max level is 100, very few items, weapons, and abilities. PS2 might be worth it with Ambition of the Illuminus, a stand alone expansion pack which includes the majority of the content now available online, level max 200.

I would certainly recommend the 360 version if you could play AOTI offline, but you can't so I would say avoid the game. PS2 AOTI offline might be enjoyable for you, I play it on the road (for work), but I was already hooked on PSU online 360 when I bought it.

Zyrusticae
Jun 2, 2009, 08:56 PM
I just want to mention, AotI offline >>> PSU v1 offline.

I like to use AotI's offline to create weapon and unit sets that would be impossible for me to create online (because everything is more difficult to get online, bar none). Really, playing online feels kinda limiting coming from offline, considering all offline types can use a LOT more weapons than online types.

As for PSO vs. PSU, I will say that PSU combat and character design/customization > PSO. For the rest... um... not so much.

MutatedOne
Jun 2, 2009, 10:13 PM
If you don't have a credit card.. save up some money, sell a few games, whatever, and buy a pre-paid credit card (visa giftcards work great.) probably $25, and buy 1600 microsoft points. 45$ in total to play online.. You'll have 2 months gametime (all of summer) + the expansion.

Tsavo
Jun 2, 2009, 10:30 PM
I would say no but then I REALLY HATE the offline story. It's just so cookie-cutter, feel-good "if I follow my heart!" anime fluff. That and you don't get access to alot of the cooler weapons. That's just me though.

Drakfang4
Jun 3, 2009, 05:46 AM
K ty guys, i think I will buy a prepaid credit card XD i think i have 1 with like 10 dollars on it, except its debit:( dont know if they accept.:(

Also, i can go to like gamestop and get AotI right?