PDA

View Full Version : STD GBR

Gaara of sv
Jun 3, 2009, 01:31 AM
okay is it just me, or did the drop "boost" actually lower drop rates? because before the GBR, we were getting diads quite frequently, then when the GBR part of the event was released, we were lucky to see 1 every 2 days. honestly what i think happend (my opinion of course) is that sonic team saw how many good drops we were getting, so when the released the GBR, they lowered the origanal drop rates, and made it so if you were in a party of 4 people who all had 50% drop boost, that it was then the same as before GBR. i dont know of course this is just a possibility that i thought of. But did anyone else notice the drop rates decrease?

tadtwisted
Jun 3, 2009, 02:05 AM
I thought it was just i in head but when, STD first started to drops were very good. The first week ROF was dropping a good amount of GULD's, then the big push came out and the GULD's stopped but the opra/hp restore was doing good. Then the 4th seal came out hp restore's were hard to find but the Rabol Orachio dropped all he time, when the GBR hit all those stopped. The only good drop that didnt seem to be affected by the GBR was the Mugunburga.

Gaara of sv
Jun 4, 2009, 01:16 AM
yeah, i noticed it with the diads mainly, and funny thing is that we found 3 psycho wand boards in one day, then when the GBR hit, we never once saw another one. well we were a bit slow getting our points up, cuz i couldnt stand doing big push. but we started doing 4th runs after gbr was out. the best drop we ever saw there was heart of dulk. we NEVER once saw a gaozoran rod drop. so i guess im not the only one who noticed it

Akihito
Jun 4, 2009, 03:25 AM
The thing I noticed about the GBR was, I saw alot of gems/Psycho Wands and stuff pre GBR, then it went in and saw ALOT of the S rank weapons(Crea Mugun etc) and really didnt see any of them pre-GBR. I dont think it was coincidence but my idea of it was, Guld had 3 chances of dropping on a Roar of Flames S2 mission, with a boost to GBR maybe that upped the gem drop mat drops etc on them as well. I think the GBR lowered the QUALITY of the drops some of the rare drop mobs therefore lowering the quantity of them.

Gaara of sv
Jun 5, 2009, 03:06 AM
IDK, all i know is that i feel like we didnt get what we should have on the last part of the event.

Ruru
Jun 5, 2009, 04:50 AM
i noticed alot more "rares" dropping with the GBR but as was said earlier in this thread, it seemed like the quantity of rares was increased and not the quality. as is the case with even 3 luck you get a quantity increase in drop rate. i actually saw more feril lines green green lines and kaza-kikami drop before the GBR was added as well. but i'm not going to complain i was only hunting for certain things the GBR didnt effect in the first place. it was just an observation.

desturel
Jun 5, 2009, 06:43 AM
The GBR increased the drop rate of the actual rares and decreased the drop rate of area drops. Diad and Psycho Wand are area drops, not actual drops. So when the rate increased you were more likely to get a [b] Creawand+ from an Olgohmon than a Psycho Wand or a Oka-senba from an Ageeta instead of a Diad.

As for the Guld, the only reason why it appeared to drop more often in the first week was because that was the only run anyone was doing. Once the other runs came out, less people were doing the run a less amount of time. With that happening, of course the amount of Gulds would go down.

If you spam one mission non-stop, you're going to get the rares from that one mission. If you do the mission less often, then you aren't going to find the rares as often.

For me, I found one Guld pre-GBR, 4 Guld after.

Before GBR I didn't see any Creawand+. After I had 8 [b].

Before GBR I didn't find any Gaozoran Rod. After I got 2.

It's all a matter of luck and how many times you do the run.

dentRED
Jun 5, 2009, 07:36 AM
I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but we got GBR the same exact day we got The 4th System! So i don't think you can say you got more stuff on T4S before the GBR started...