PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream..

MasterSpark
Jun 3, 2009, 01:34 AM
...in which a friend of mine was going to wrestle underwater with a giant octopus in front of a crowd. The objective of the "sport" was to hold out for as long as possible before the animal got the advantage and would then proceed to kill you.

So I watched the spectacle from my skybox view, a matress suspended in mid-air by unknown means. The entire thing seemed oddly uninteresting from what I remember and before long, my friend was freed from the octopus' grasp by a squad of trained rescue workers. Sitting atop the floating matress, my friend and I looked down on the now empty arena. They had emptied the pool of water and also dragged in a killer whale which they then fed the stranded octopus to. I even remember making a wise-crack remark on the whole thing but I can't make out the details.

Then suddenly, the killer whale took sight of it's caretaker, a mexican fellow with a heavy tan, black moustache, poncho and sombrero (I even labelled him as "Such a Stereotype" in my dream), and grabbed him with one of it's fins (yes). First it tried to stuff him into it's mouth but failed for some reason. Instead, it simply pushed him against the side of it's head and a moment later he was gone. In response to this my friend said something about the caretaker having "become a cell" which didn't really make sense to me. In any way, the hovering matress suddenly disappeared without warning and following the impact to the ground I came face-to-face with the killer whale.

And then it ended. Everything faded to black before anything else happened. Fin.

That is actually a recurring thing in the dreams that I remember, they often end with me being in front of something rather large and terrifying but there's never an actual end to them. Perhaps they represent some form of obstacle(s) that I must overcome at one point or another.

Or not. :wacko:

Volcompat321
Jun 3, 2009, 01:39 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/MLK.jpg
He had a dream too, and we all know what happened to him.

Vanzazikon
Jun 3, 2009, 02:47 AM
lol dreams... I wish I can remember all of them clearly.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2009, 12:31 PM
It sounds to me as though you've got some issues with being "eaten", so to speak. There's something larger than you, and you're concerned that it will overwhelm you. It might be described as an obstacle, but it's more like an imposing and impending change in your life, that you can't see a way past. Make peace with that, and your dreams will clear up.

Volcompat321
Jun 3, 2009, 12:40 PM
It sounds to me as though you've got some issues with being "eaten", so to speak. There's something larger than you, and you're concerned that it will overwhelm you. It might be described as an obstacle, but it's more like an imposing and impending change in your life, that you can't see a way past. Make peace with that, and your dreams will clear up.

Learned from Psychology 101 in session :D
Really though, good advice. Did you pull that out of your ass, or do you take classes on this stuff?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2009, 12:42 PM
It all comes from paying attention to those with more experience than oneself, and learning from one's own experiences in life. The same way they got the material to teach in those classes.

Volcompat321
Jun 3, 2009, 12:44 PM
It all comes from paying attention to those with more experience than oneself, and learning from one's own experiences in life. The same way they got the material to teach in those classes.

Words of wisdom, I guess. :D
Life is all about learning, and making mistakes, so you can learn more.
Maybe I should pay more attention :wacko:

TalHex
Jun 3, 2009, 09:08 PM
Learned from Psychology 101 in session :D
Really though, good advice. Did you pull that out of your ass, or do you take classes on this stuff?

and now we ask sigmund freud what he thinks:

*chews on cigar* Oedipus complex, next patient :wacko:

Alnet
Jun 4, 2009, 10:02 AM
and now we ask sigmund freud what he thinks:

*snorts some coke* Oedipus complex, next patient :wacko:
Fixed~ :wacko: