PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Elements?

EienRozen
Jun 3, 2009, 07:56 AM
Kinda new to PSU (though a die hard pso fan).
I know Ice element freezes, Lightning paralyzes, and Fire burns...
What do Light, Dark, and earth do on weapons?

Wow, foot in mouth.
I just read the melee weapons don't cause status at all because of their element.
Damn.

SabZero
Jun 3, 2009, 08:17 AM
That's right melee weapons don't apply status effects (SE) through their element. some weapons have an SE ability regardless of element. Th element does matter in terms of damage - the % is added to the damage of an *opposite* element monster.

Also, the SE changes for some ranged support machines (RSCM) of higher levels, where ground stuns instead of poison, etc.

You'll have to look up each one to be sure.

Darki
Jun 3, 2009, 09:17 AM
Kinda new to PSU (though a die hard pso fan).
I know Ice element freezes, Lightning paralyzes, and Fire burns...
What do Light, Dark, and earth do on weapons?

Melee weapons don't have default SE for element, but they can have special SEs. For example, Deva-zashi (10* single dagger) causes silence, Daiga and Fuka-misaki (10* single and twin claws) cause freeze, Silence claw (6* single claw) causes incapacite, or Gudda Skela (10* knuckles) cause sleep.

Whips are the exception. All of them cause SEs, but depending on the rank they have some differences.

7* whips are lightning and ground only, and they cause shock and silence respectively. 8* whips, are light and dark, the first causes sleep and the second have HP charge (does more damage as less HP you have). 9* whips are fire and ice, and they cause freeze and burn. Kubara A rank whips, cause confusion but can be any element.

For the S rank, they all have special SEs. 10* one causes infection, and kubara one causes Stun. 11* one causes charm, and 12* kubara one causes incapacite.

Then, on bullets they have fixed SEs per element. Fire burns, ice freezes, lightning shocks, ground silences, light confuses and dark infects. On the non-elemental bullets they can do many things, from stats down to charm or incapacite.

The exception here are Shadoogs, that cause weird SEs as they have "fixed" SE. For example, fire ones cause burn, but a fire kubara one will cause ATP down. they work very similar to techs.

Finally, techs can do multiple SEs, some of them attached to same elements. Fire burns or causes ATP down, ice freezes or causes DFP down, lightning shocks or causes ATA/EVP down, ground stuns, silences or poisons, light does HP absorb (drains HP to cause damage), and dark incapacites, infects, drains HP and confuses.

I think I didn't forget anything... Oh! Traps cause SEs too but they don't have element, even EX traps. For example, Burn EX trap burns, but causes neutral damage.