PDA

View Full Version : happy with the current state of PSU?

buzyb77
Jun 3, 2009, 02:03 PM
Just wondering as it has been 6 months since our last Free mission was released...

Darius_Drake
Jun 3, 2009, 02:54 PM
Still, I will be happy when we get our StD rewards. I got some bullets to level (looks at bag of rifles).

Dhylec
Jun 3, 2009, 02:55 PM
That might be true, but you conveniently forget we got a long event with at least 3 new missions just done last week. Many voted to have enjoyed it, I hope you at least seen that. ;]

biggabertha
Jun 3, 2009, 02:56 PM
I'm perfectly fine with the current state that PSU is in on our servers - there could be some changes, yes but in all honesty, no one's perfect.

NiceOnes
Jun 3, 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't mind PSU sate but I prefer beef or chicken.

Halcyote
Jun 3, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm fine with it.

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2009, 03:11 PM
I can say I'm not happy with the current state of PSU, because the delay in updates compared to the JP version used to be 2 to 3 months, now it's 10 months and the delay is still increasing.

Now that I think about it, if we were still 3 months behind JP, we would be getting the supplemental update in the end of this month...>.>;

pinkace
Jun 3, 2009, 03:32 PM

why are genuinely funny things like these ignored?

to the OP: fix your thread.

on topic: if the rewards take more than 2 weeks, I will be upset. if not, the status quo will continue.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 3, 2009, 03:49 PM
2 wks post event period right now is understandable considering busy wks with E3 going on and the dubut of their new cash machine project in JP, will look forward to update announcement by next wk. Btw, their PSP reward give out failure is just unacceptable and no excuse for any delay whatsoever.

hunterseifer
Jun 3, 2009, 03:51 PM
Not bad I guess, still things worth something sell sell for alot, thats how I enjoy it.

...Thanks, no I'm hungry :cry:

Dhylec
Jun 3, 2009, 04:07 PM
I can say I'm not happy with the current state of PSU, because the delay in updates compared to the JP version used to be 2 to 3 months, now it's 10 months and the delay is still increasing.

Now that I think about it, if we were still 3 months behind JP, we would be getting the supplemental update in the end of this month...>.>;
Ya know we are no longer 3 months behind. Gotta face what we got, though, it's nice to think we were that close. ;]

buzyb77
Jun 3, 2009, 04:10 PM
That might be true, but you conveniently forget we got a long event with at least 3 new missions just done last week. Many voted to have enjoyed it, I hope you at least seen that. ;]

yet I said Free Mission (you know the ones that stay around) Not EVENT Free missions...or event missions that go away

Tyreek
Jun 3, 2009, 05:16 PM
Last I checked, the only new free missions that came after STD were the new S3 missions, which coincided with Moatoob's 2nd GBR. We just finished with Gurhal's GBR last week. So, regardless, you're gonna have to wait. Since last November, we've been given Parum's 2nd GBR, along with Illusionary Shaft, afterwhich Chapter 6. And a while later, we FINALLY got The Mission Carnival, and not too long after that, we immediately get Shred The Darkness. And I have to say, from all of that, PSU has been doing quite well for the past 8 months. Better than what I seen since playing last year.

pinkace
Jun 3, 2009, 05:39 PM

Just curious, what is the exact length of our delay?

Last I checked, the only new free missions that came after STD were the new S3 missions, which coincided with Moatoob's 2nd GBR. We just finished with Gurhal's GBR last week. So, regardless, you're gonna have to wait. Since last November, we've been given Parum's 2nd GBR, along with Illusionary Shaft, afterwhich Chapter 6. And a while later, we FINALLY got The Mission Carnival, and not too long after that, we immediately get Shred The Darkness. And I have to say, from all of that, PSU has been doing quite well for the past 8 months. Better than what I seen since playing last year.

I agree. those of us that have been here since launch remember when after getting moatoob and neudaiz.... nothing for months and months and months. then right after the release of AoTI... nothing for months and months and months.

I'd say the last quarter of 2008 and 2009 have been a success.

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2009, 05:50 PM
Just curious, what is the exact length of our delay?

10 months. JP finished STD on the end of July 2008, we finished on the end of May 2009.

Here's everything (or most things) JP got after STD, including the dates of each update:
July 24 2008 - Innocent Girl C - A.
August 7 - STD Rewards and Clothes 'n' Parts update.
August 21 - 2nd Anniversary Event / Thanks Festa 2 and lvl 160 cap.
September 25 - Missions from the 1st anniversary event (called Winter event for US/EU) with an added S2 difficulty (these missions were available for 2 weeks after the 2nd anniversary ended) and Desert Arms Shop update.
October 9 - Moatoob GBR, Desert Terror S3, Desert Goliath S3, Stolen Weapon S3, Rogues' Shortcut S3, "Desert Stronghold" C - S2.
October 30 - New party mission "Mechanical Soldiers" C - S.
November 13 - Bruce's Dungeon S2.
November 20 - Episode 3 Chapter 7.
November 27 - MAG+ with the cap increased to lvl 170.
December 11 - Episode 3 Chapter 8, Her Secret Mission S2.
December 25 - Guardians Colony GBR, Dark Satellite S3, SEED Awakened S3, Black Nest S2, The Dark God S2, The Egg Thieves S2 and new rare mission, "Holy Hallucination" C - S.
January 15 - New party mission, "A Risky Comeback" C - S, Desert Arms Shop update, Gold Bar added, option to transport between each Guardians Branch.
January 22 - Guardians Limit Attack, time attack event for Bruce's Dungeon S2, Her Secret Mission S2 and The Egg Thieves S2.
January 29 - Guardians Party Scoring...not sure what it is, but it is related to Guardians Limit Attack and subplot added to the story.
February 5 - Added S and S2 difficulties to Maximum Attack G', Gifts from Beyond+.
February 19 - New party mission, "The Challengers" C - S.
February 26 - Guardians Party Scoring rewards, Neudaiz GBR, Forest Infiltration S3, Rainbow Beast S3, The Eastern Peril S3, Moonlight Beast S3, and sidestory mission Magashi Plan C - A.
March 12 - New party mission, "Temple of Traps" C - S, cap increased to lvl 180.
March 26 - AotI Supplemental update. Alot of things were added with this one, including rebalances to stats and photon arts. Item Exchange missions "Security Dept. Exchange" and "Security Dept. Drop-Off", standby mission "Security Dept. Standby", costumization mission "GAS", advanced missions Plains Overlord/R, Demons Above/R and Desert Terror/R and some more things.
April 9 - Subplot added to Ep3 chapter 8.
April 16 - Advanced mission The Holy Ground/R.
April 23 - Advanced mission Unsafe Passage /R and update to "Security Dept. Exchange".
May 7 - Parum GBR, Train Rescue S3, Endrum Remnants S3, The Dual Sentinel S3, Duel in the Ruins S3 and new costumizations added to "GAS".
May 21 - Adjustment to the advanced missions.
And next update they'll have, June 4 - Guardians Cash debut, with new missions that require real money to play (yay), "Legacy of the Light", "Entrusted Defense" and exchange mission "Photon Crystal Exchange".

Powder Keg
Jun 3, 2009, 06:28 PM
I'm content with the way it is currently. The game had a good bounce back from the no-update drought. The pace just needs to continue, otherwise there will be less players than there already are.

GeekRuler
Jun 3, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'm just glad PSU didn't die. It was looking pretty bad prior to the Parum GBR; maximum of three stars during mid-afternoon on the 360.

So long as people are playing so am I :D

Ezodagrom
Jun 3, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm just glad PSU didn't die. It was looking pretty bad prior to the Parum GBR; maximum of three stars during mid-afternoon on the 360.

So long as people are playing so am I :D
Wish PC/PS2 servers still had 3 stars. ;_;
Now we're lucky if we even get 2 stars...

Right now, PC/PS2 servers are like this:
[spoiler-box]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5134/universes.jpg[/spoiler-box]

-Xios-
Jun 3, 2009, 07:38 PM
Wish PC/PS2 servers still had 3 stars. ;_;
Now we're lucky if we even get 2 stars...

Right now, PC/PS2 servers are like this:
[spoiler-box]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5134/universes.jpg[/spoiler-box]

PSU Has to have the lowest population for an MMO.

Havn't played in over a year, and now I remember why I quit.

Alecc
Jun 3, 2009, 08:42 PM
they've had at the very least 2 content updates every month. Our servers state suck. There. said it. :)

Shinko
Jun 4, 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not and i'll be lying if I said I was. I think a lot of people aren't and they're just saying they are so someone won't tell them to shut up and quit if u dislike it. There are many MANY things I'm not happy with. And the current state of PSU is kinda sad but hey i'm still playing and paying for it so they're doing something right. lol xD

(Don't get me wrong there are things I'm happy with too but there's more I'm dis happy about)

Volcompat321
Jun 4, 2009, 12:24 AM
Sure am dood. I love this game.
This is the first and only mmo rpg I've played. Since I've started with 2 IRL friends, they have quit on me, my account has got hacked into, (nothing was mission...:o) and I took a long break twice. I still love this game. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, if I have to be the last person subscribed to PSU, I will. I don't mind soloing one bit. I will be the last subscriber to this game. I love it, some say too much!

RyuRoots
Jun 4, 2009, 12:43 AM
Definitely not. The difference between JP's update schedule and ours is absolutely ridiculous now, and it feels like PC/PS2's population is dwindling by the hour sometimes. I like the game, for all its numerous faults, but the current state of affairs does bug me.

Darius_Drake
Jun 4, 2009, 01:14 PM
yet I said Free Mission (you know the ones that stay around) Not EVENT Free missions...or event missions that go away

I feel what you are saying, but lets say they do release some new Free Missions. Will people still crowd WB or will they be at the new missions. They released Lonely Laboratory and Bladed Legacy but those lobbies remain empty. We can say what we want but our actions speak loudest. If we ignore the new free missions they give us, how can we truly say we want more new free missions. Also some of the event missions do stick around and yes they still are fun as an option to have after the event is over. Overall though there are a lot of free missions available to us. The question is do we take advantage of all of those missions?

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 01:25 PM
I feel what you are saying, but lets say they do release some new Free Missions. Will people still crowd WB or will they be at the new missions. They released Lonely Laboratory and Bladed Legacy but those lobbies remain empty. We can say what we want but our actions speak loudest. If we ignore the new free missions they give us, how can we truly say we want more new free missions. Also some of the event missions do stick around and yes they still are fun as an option to have after the event is over. Overall though there are a lot of free missions available to us. The question is do we take advantage of all of those missions?
When only 11 out of 50+ missions have lvl 150+ enemies, it's normal that we don't take advantage of all those missions.
Some of them could be really fun if they didn't have enemies below lvl 100 on their highest difficulty (Holy Ground, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery to name a few).

darkante
Jun 4, 2009, 01:31 PM
I canīt say iīm happy with the progress so far, but itīs noticed that things to roll out about 2 % faster lol.

So far, iīve taken for granted that ST usually dont do a thing.
To my suprise, something happens! Iīm very impressed. XD
Canīt say the money is well spent, should be like half of what we pay really.
Less really, but w/e hope they get their shit together sometimes.
Iīm pretty slightly less dissapointed so far. :P

Gravagar
Jun 4, 2009, 01:40 PM
I logged on today and all the universes had one hollow star. I'm not happy with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Sega pulls the plug on the PC/PS2 servers before we can even catch up with the JP servers at this rate. Sad thing is, I think Sega would rather abandon us than, say, merge us with the JP servers so they can put together something resembling an active community. As much as I'd like to say I won't try the next Phantasy Star game based on the track record Sega has with PSU, I have to admit that I'm a total PS addict.

Here's hoping the current state gets better.

DUN
Jun 4, 2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah im not happy ether i only play when they have something because it gets boring reallly easy playing this game I mean they could honestly do better on the american servers I bet this game is gunna be like BB and PSO the servers are going to die

Kolma
Jun 4, 2009, 02:52 PM
as a new member i gotta say that i love the game, new missions or not its all new to me, the only thing that bugs me is the small community, it seems the only way to have fun in a party is by going to popular areas like WB and thn its just like the same missions over and over, it would be nice to be like *throws dart at missions* and there would be a couple parties i could join, i wouldnt mind fusing with jap servers, sure we wouldnt understand them... (dont think this game has preselected chat like PSO did other than the 12 words from pressing L key) but still would be fun aswell as attracting more NA and EU players seeing that the community grew.

thats just my 2 1/2 cents, hopefully theres an expansion that is sold widely and that attracts new people along with updating content, but guess its up to sega... i justhope they dont destroy the servers :(, but i dont think they will till theres a new game out either a new Online PS game (Phantasy Star Galaxy maybe? :S ) or maybe they should lower the price to 15 bucks per 3 months like PSO

more cents sorry x_X anyways Love the Game, Love the community (no jerks or idiots) hate the lack of super active community.

Darius_Drake
Jun 4, 2009, 03:38 PM
When only 11 out of 50+ missions have lvl 150+ enemies, it's normal that we don't take advantage of all those missions.
Some of them could be really fun if they didn't have enemies below lvl 100 on their highest difficulty (Holy Ground, Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery to name a few).

I understand your point as well, but seriously... even if we take those 11 missions. How many of those 11 missions does the population as a whole take advantage of? If you visit the lobbies of each of those missions how many will actually have enough people there that you can get a party together. The answer is 1. If we are only taking advantage of 1 mission, what is the point in saying only 11 out of the 50+ missions have lvl 150+ enemies. That basically means that since you need lvl 150+ enemies that your only ignoring 10 missions instead of 50+. Bladed Legacy also falls into the 150+ enemies category. Actually if I remember right it has 155+ enemies and a room full of pesky Renvolt Magashis at the end for those wanting a challenge and that is a more recently released mission yet the lobby is still empty.

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 04:07 PM
I understand your point as well, but seriously... even if we take those 11 missions. How many of those 11 missions does the population as a whole take advantage of? If you visit the lobbies of each of those missions how many will actually have enough people there that you can get a party together. The answer is 1. If we are only taking advantage of 1 mission, what is the point in saying only 11 out of the 50+ missions have lvl 150+ enemies. That basically means that since you need lvl 150+ enemies that your only ignoring 10 missions instead of 50+. Bladed Legacy also falls into the 150+ enemies category. Actually if I remember right it has 155+ enemies and a room full of pesky Renvolt Magashis at the end for those wanting a challenge and that is a more recently released mission yet the lobby is still empty.
Personally I "need" missions with lvl 150+ enemies because I find it boring doing a mission where enemies barely do any damage at me. In my opinion, with our current lvl cap, I think we should already have missions with lvl 175+ enemies, and JP, with a lvl 180 cap should already have missions with lvl 200+ enemies.
Also, not everyone is on White Beast. Checking all the missions with lvl 150+ enemies, 5 of them had at least 1 party (even though most were locked parties ^^;). The missions were Scarred Planet, SEED Express, White Beast, Dancing Birds and Sakura Blast. And that's in the almost empty PC/PS2 servers...^^;

HyperShot-X-
Jun 4, 2009, 05:06 PM
uhh.. S2 free missions still worth running that I can think of other than White Beast are: Scarred Planet, Lightning Beasts, SEED Express, Dancing Birds, Sakura Blast..and what else.. I got enough Catiliums from STD to not have to run Bladed Legacy for a long time and Flowery Pursuit is kinda laggy on x360 so I kinda avoid it, so yeah, I should try to do some of these runs more sometime but I'm just kinda lazy and usually hang around at WB mostly, o well..

Darius_Drake
Jun 4, 2009, 05:14 PM
Personally I "need" missions with lvl 150+ enemies because I find it boring doing a mission where enemies barely do any damage at me. In my opinion, with our current lvl cap, I think we should already have missions with lvl 175+ enemies, and JP, with a lvl 180 cap should already have missions with lvl 200+ enemies.
Also, not everyone is on White Beast. Checking all the missions with lvl 150+ enemies, 5 of them had at least 1 party (even though most were locked parties ^^;). The missions were Scarred Planet, SEED Express, White Beast, Dancing Birds and Sakura Blast. And that's in the almost empty PC/PS2 servers...^^;

I like the idea of having missions with lvl 175+ enemies. I welcome the idea of them giving us our S3 missions actually. Thing is I really don't count those missions in other lobbies if they are locked parties. Since you say those parties were locked I am assuming they had already started their mission. How many people were outside in the lobby allowing you to get a party together. I am not arguing against having missions with higher level enemies. Never argued with you on that point. My thing is most people don't take advantage of the missions that have higher level enemies anyway. The only times I have been able to do a run in a party that wasn't WB outside of an event is when I went to the lobby of WB got into a party and asked if anyone would rather run a different mission. Sometimes you get lucky and run into a group that definitely wants to do that and you can go somewhere else. In those cases they figured running WB in a party is better than running another mission solo.

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 05:24 PM
I like the idea of having missions with lvl 175+ enemies. I welcome the idea of them giving us our S3 missions actually. Thing is I really don't count those missions in other lobbies if they are locked parties. Since you say those parties were locked I am assuming they had already started their mission. How many people were outside in the lobby allowing you to get a party together. I am not arguing against having missions with higher level enemies. Never argued with you on that point. My thing is most people don't take advantage of the missions that have higher level enemies anyway. The only times I have been able to do a run in a party that wasn't WB outside of an event is when I went to the lobby of WB got into a party and asked if anyone would rather run a different mission. Sometimes you get lucky and run into a group that definitely wants to do that and you can go somewhere else. In those cases they figured running WB in a party is better than running another mission solo.
Well, most were locked but there a few open parties, I think 1 on Dancing Birds, 1 on SEED Express, 2 people outside SEED Express, 3 outside Sakura Blast (even though all parties were locked there.
On White Beast there were a few parties (6 or 7 at most), 1 of them was full, 2 or 3 locked. Outside there was like 5 people...(eh...PC/PS2 servers are quite empty, only 1 star on the most populated universe, all others with an empty star).

Overlord Zenon
Jun 5, 2009, 10:41 AM
i still recruit people i know who played pso, since i finally found a prepaid credit card in this area that'll work with it, giving others the ability to play it now

darkante
Jun 5, 2009, 12:50 PM
I like the idea of having missions with lvl 175+ enemies. I welcome the idea of them giving us our S3 missions actually.
Thatīs the thing pretty much everyone waits for, me included.
What the hell is taking so long i mean..