PDA

View Full Version : Your Best and Worst Memories of Pre-Aoi PSU

str898mustang
Jun 4, 2009, 12:42 AM
Me and Volcomp were talking about V1 PSU days. Was wondering what everyone's best and worse memories were if you were there back then.

Best Memories:
Getting a full set of 10/10 Arank Tech Weapons(when weapons broke and were gone)
Making a 10/10 Alteric(same as above)
Seeing Har/Quick drop on the 2nd day it was released
A good friend giving me a Gaozoran Rod when True Darkness was released
B3 Block of Seabed (truly epic)
Making a 50% Fire Crimson Line (success rate was 37% on PURE armor PM)
Making a 44% Dark Har-senba (same as above)
Making a 44% Ground and 50% Ice Muktrand
Finding Halp Serafi(took me a week, 6hours a day hunting it)
Fighting Dark Fakis on S and seeing the meteor hit us
Mizuraki Defense S(lol)
Doing 269 SW S2 runs for Pwand (pre AoI, it dropped finally in 20 runs post AoI)
Finding a Deva-zashi in Rainbow Beast
My buddyred_ghost giving me a Me/quick and then another buddy giving me a Har/quick during 1up
When missions were actually hard
1up and Firebreak
Getting all my tech to 30.

[b]Worst Memories:
Seeing weapons break and be long gone
Seeing the random person my party invited get the Har/quick that I saw drop (it was Dracken)
Doing over 1000 runs for Rikauteri and it never dropped
Spending soooo much money on photons to synth armor (it cost me 32mil for 3 stacks of rays at one point)
Boss drops were horrible(it did keep the drops rare though)
Hearing about people getting Pwand board
Getting killed by Megid in Seabed
Hackers
Failing 24 out of 29 Crimson Lines(did get a 50% fire one)

I know there's more but that's all I can think of

Volcompat321
Jun 4, 2009, 02:08 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Me and Volcomp were talking about V1 PSU days. Was wondering what everyone's best and worse memories were if you were there back then.

Best Memories:
Getting a full set of 10/10 Arank Tech Weapons(when weapons broke and were gone)
Making a 10/10 Alteric(same as above)
Seeing Har/Quick drop on the 2nd day it was released
A good friend giving me a Gaozoran Rod when True Darkness was released
B3 Block of Seabed (truly epic)
Making a 50% Fire Crimson Line (success rate was 37% on PURE armor PM)
Making a 44% Dark Har-senba (same as above)
Making a 44% Ground and 50% Ice Muktrand
Finding Halp Serafi(took me a week, 6hours a day hunting it)
Fighting Dark Fakis on S and seeing the meteor hit us
Mizuraki Defense S(lol)
Doing 269 SW S2 runs for Pwand (pre AoI, it dropped finally in 20 runs post AoI)
Finding a Deva-zashi in Rainbow Beast
My buddyred_ghost giving me a Me/quick and then another buddy giving me a Har/quick during 1up
When missions were actually hard
1up and Firebreak
Getting all my tech to 30.

[b]Worst Memories:
Seeing weapons break and be long gone
Seeing the random person my party invited get the Har/quick that I saw drop (it was Dracken)
Doing over 1000 runs for Rikauteri and it never dropped
Spending soooo much money on photons to synth armor (it cost me 32mil for 3 stacks of rays at one point)
Boss drops were horrible(it did keep the drops rare though)
Hearing about people getting Pwand board
Getting killed by Megid in Seabed
Hackers
Failing 24 out of 29 Crimson Lines(did get a 50% fire one)

I know there's more but that's all I can think of[/SPOILER-BOX]

Best moments as we were talking about
10/10 Tengoh bow, when they could be lost forever :(
Getting 5 har / quicks in the awesome 1up
Liked firebreak.
(not sure if this was pre-aoi) but getting a 50% storm line
people went nuts over it.
Rappy suits, when they were new and cool.
BASIC JOB's FOREVER (not really like a few months after release, but still cool)
It was hard back then.
Selling ele photons for insane prices.
Twin Bear claw's!
2-8 mission points per run hahaha
Rappy's used to be awesome to see. Now it's like eh, cool.
DE REGAN taking 40 minutes to kill (yes this happened to me and 2 IRL friends)
We skipped the colony missions cause we didn't know what they were .
So we started at level 1 and went straight to De Regan! He was tough at level 4 since we leveled up to about 3-4 by the time we got there.
and also no Moatoob! That was cool that we had to wait for Moa to be unlocked. Loved those missions when they first came out.

Also, saving up meseta forever to open up a shop. I loved how hard it was to get meseta back then.

DarthLasek
Jun 4, 2009, 02:29 AM
I'm a day 1 player...and I can make my lists short and sweet

Best memories:

-1up by far the best time I have had
-Hunting for over a thousand hours for a Rucar(pre Aoti and not during 1up) and getting a 50% Light
-Meeting the friends that I still talk to til this day

Worst memories:

I solo more Hives for Rucar and Repca(up to 1000 hours)....I enter B3....this guy GATO joins....35 seconds later....GATO receives [B] Agito Repca 12*....tells me he'd give it to me but he really wanted it......a week later.....he sold it

to this day...and i have over 8700 hours of playtime....never saw another repca drop

Arika
Jun 4, 2009, 02:31 AM
Seem most people's best memory is about getting a good syn, but I dunno why those are not really get into my good memory record at all... may be just because my syn luck isn't that good. oh well.. anyway :
(I ll include AoI too)

Best memory: (in order)
-My first day in PSU
-Phantasy Star Phanshion Show (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146377) (my favorite moment)
-Phantasy Star Faver (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147679) (better experience/ better work than fashion show, but I was too tired on the day to list it on the top)
-When I start my first trios rare hunter team.
-PSU Thanks Festa Global! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154769) (first time to successfully contact SoA to support)
-When the server 's best TA group is formed.
-First week AoI-JP.
-Fortune Gacha event by kiss kiss.

Worst memory: (In order)
-The day I quit TA, because Eleina blackstab me.
-whenever any friends quit the game.

Gravagar
Jun 4, 2009, 03:02 AM
Best:
-Talking with friends in the lobby
-Hitting the Lv50 cap the day before it got raised to 60
-Dus Daggas was my first Lv30 PA [and just 10 mins ago it became my first Lv50 :D]
-Amassing an armory of 5-star weapons, then forgetting all about them and jumping to 8-stars
-Universe 1 and 2 were always full, and universe 3 was halfway there
-Getting a home-synthed axe from a friend who didn't have a melee PM as an x-mas gift... I didn't like slow old axes with slow old dugrega and it was only like 14% dark, but that axe is still one of my greatest treasures
-Fun, challenging missions like Grove of Fanatics
-I played PSO until PSU day 1. Searching through the ends of the Gurhal system to find my friends from Ragol (and, for the most part failing, but meeting so many more new ones)
-Not being able to afford scapes / actually having to play good (yes that's actually a good one)

Worst:
-The first mission they added Jarbas in. the horror... SO MUCH BLOOD
-Getting bored of the huge time gap between updates

...I wish PSU had its launch/early community again. I don't want to stop playing now that the event's over, but I almost have no choice because I hardly know anyone anymore and being limited to WB-PUG-ONRY is boring as heck. ; ;

Tsavo
Jun 4, 2009, 03:47 AM
Best

-Synthing a 38% Ground mugunruk during 1up
-Playing through S rank Fight for Food the first time

Worst

-Running Plains Overlord for months on end and no Solid / Power
-Being a level 34 Protranser

Sano
Jun 4, 2009, 04:25 AM
Best:

- When I've met awesome, funny, trustworthy friends to hang out with, chat, do runs with.
- When Moatoob was first released. LAPUCHAS!!!!!!!!! Oh and the Kog Nadd were quite awesome back then... but Maggas Magahna sucked (to fight) XD
- The community being everywhere. Decent population at most lobbies. ESPECIALLY Agata Islands, Raffon Field Base, and Kugo Hot Springs. Spam sometimes but, usually fun to meet people for runs ^^

Worst:

- When the Advanced Types were released, we all got pounded pretty bad. Not really a "Worst" memory but, it kinda sucked getting pounded on lol.
- Level Cap @40 & @50 lol.
- People trying to force me to Role Play. :argh:
- Emo people who couldn't socialize and attempted to get people to feel bad for them. :rant:
- When friends quit.
- When I quit for a while and gave my account away to some friends. (Reason why my ID # is horrendously high lol)
- The feeling that a few of my current close friends might be quitting due to retarded RL addictions ( cigarettes :no: )

More to come when I remember! :lol:

Volcompat321
Jun 4, 2009, 04:33 AM
It took me about 3 days of running non-stop to save up enough cash for 5 scapes. :( It was so horribly awesome. It seriously took me almost a month to finally get enough to get a shop going, then money started raking in.

Sano
Jun 4, 2009, 04:36 AM
Oh man.. Scape Dolls... those were a bitch to keep on hand for quite a while :lol:. As for opening your shop for the first time... that was definitely a good memory! Everyone was usually broke after opening but, got good income afterwards ^^

Volcompat321
Jun 4, 2009, 04:39 AM
Yea, I sold all those har quick's after I opened my shop. I got customere real fast lol.
Also, forgot to add, running into De Rol Le for the first time. (I know it's after AOI, but it was still awesome)

Sano
Jun 4, 2009, 04:45 AM
Ugh... I remember fighting Goshin and all their family variants (worm/snake like monsters that go underground, come up, shoot Foie and give you Jellen when they hit you). Back then.. they REALLY sucked... well, unless you were a Gunner lol.

**Edit**:
OMG, how could I forget!!!! Buying materials from NPC to synth stuff! Anyone else remember how hard it was getting Nanocarbons to synth mass amounts of armors? Or atleast how expensive? :lol:

_Duke_
Jun 4, 2009, 05:22 AM
Ugh... I remember fighting Goshin and all their family variants (worm/snake like monsters that go underground, come up, shoot Foie and give you Jellen when they hit you). Back then.. they REALLY sucked... well, unless you were a Gunner lol.

I loved owning those guys with Mayalee Prism, would perma-lock them above ground, at least til I ran out of PP (they would escape by the time I could photon charge). Loved when I caught the whole group of them, using this method.

I loved when Grenades were useful in missions other than dragons bosses. I would grenade the Vandas on Moatoob into walls and corners to keep them still. Back then they didn't die so fast because we didn't have crazy AoTI dps, so grenades were good crowd control when used with skilled hands.

------

I hated weapons being destroyed

I hated mission scores being ruined from deaths, we needed the MP and meseta back then.

I HATED when Sega did nothing about all the duped Meseta on PC/PS2, killed the game.

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 06:49 AM
Best memories from v1:
- 1UP Cup, it was the first PSU event I played, and it was the one I liked the most.
- Racing with Kyrlia to see which one of us would level up faster. ^^
- Having alot of friends to play with (most of them quit some months after the release of AotI).
- I also miss how things used to be harder back then...

Worst memories from v1:
- Sometime between the release of Duel in the Ruins and True Darkness, got bored of Duel in the Ruins and started doing solo Desert Terror A runs hunting for a Tero/Legs...(was around lvl 70 at that time, I think) xD

Arika
Jun 4, 2009, 07:09 AM
Best memories from v1:

- Racing with Kyrlia to see which one of us would level up faster. ^^

it is impossible for you to lose kyrlia. unless she has helper :p

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 07:19 AM
it is impossible for you to lose kyrlia. unless she has helper :p
Back then we were always around the same lvl, but when I got to lvl 80 I made a small pause to lvl up an alt for some time (it was to lvl up Luppi, started the pause like 1 week before 1UP Cup). :wacko:
On the 2nd week of 1UP started playing with Johana again...and...
[spoiler-box]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/130/psu297.jpg[/spoiler-box]
:>

Arika
Jun 4, 2009, 07:28 AM
Yes,.. and you still won. :>

biggabertha
Jun 4, 2009, 07:43 AM
Oh wow... white names....

Best memories of v1:

Getting Spinning Break bought for me by a very good friend
Getting to the Bil de Vears in Moatoob Firebreak GENOCIDE mission and getting pounced on
Rushing Moatoob's 1Up event mission duo, desperately trying to kill Maggas Maghana (spelling..?) so we'd have enough time to kill the Drua Gohras and the Vanda Merhas for a Shigga Desta. We got a Gur Bazga for our efforts though.

Worst memory of v1:

Spamming Unsafe Passage C for 2 mission points a run for about a week to get HU Lv. 3...

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 07:44 AM
Yes,.. and you still won. :>
Kyr was able to catch up in the end.
[spoiler-box]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8210/psu009.jpg[/spoiler-box]

But this was on v1, on AotI Kyr won.
When the lvl cap was increased to 140 I got really lazy. Even now that the cap is 150 I haven't reached the cap yet, I'm lvl 148 now. ^^;
[spoiler-box]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9126/aoi246s.jpg[/spoiler-box]

SabZero
Jun 4, 2009, 09:18 AM
Best: "space to chat"
Worse: I got Ranger to level 5, but couldn't afford the change to Protranser.

NiceOnes
Jun 4, 2009, 09:35 AM
How bout that feeling of dread when you burnt that last scape doll and caused the party to lose their S-Rank!?

Scapes were so hard to come by. I can remember how excited I would get if an omega acid were to drop to me and I could synth a free one!

300+ hours to get to level 65. My newest character is level 40+ and doesn't even have 20 hours.

I would change back in a second too.

desturel
Jun 4, 2009, 09:36 AM
Best:
Finding a Rikauteri after searching for three months.

Worst:
Spending three months searching for a Rikauteri.

darkante
Jun 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
Best: I joined in January 2007 and met a friendly person who gave me 10 000 to help me out to start a shop when he asked if i had one and i said no.
I never forget that kind of kindness.

Spamming Tunnel Racapture for MP, i were so determined to get my Gunner up to speed for class changing to Fortegunner.
So damn worth it i thought at the time.

Doing that party co-op mission on Neudaiz for MP.
Alot of fun as well.

And meet all cool people in 1-up and getting my first rare weapon there.
I were hystericly happy to get a Meteor Cannon..(off course it succeded the synth) haha XD.
Then my friend and i started to kick ass with our Rappy suits or so we thought until those very friendly Olgohmon wanted to have a word with us..haha.

Worse: People were more boot like, they could just boot without any reason at all.
Or the best one, being slightly stronger then the leaders character and getting booted for that...what the hell? Teamwork anyone?
Booting for dying in a mission in that time the dying gave a penalty so they demanded everyone to have Scape Dolls on them..curious why they did a Megid infested area if they cared so much..rofl.

Not to say they are all gone now, but they are much less in my experience.

Puppet_Papaya
Jun 4, 2009, 09:54 AM
Best: Playing with my brothers and sister (especially during 1UP!!!).
Worst: Getting bored with the game but still wanting to play.

Yamishi
Jun 4, 2009, 10:38 AM
Best:
The difficulty (particularly on Moatoob)

Worst:
Waiting 12 hours for a Tengoh Bow, only to get a Trimate

pinkace
Jun 4, 2009, 11:28 AM
Best: The first time online on launch day, after having watched hours of video, tons of posts on these boards and catching up to my old PSO friends on 360. What an amazing day

Worst: Breaking and losing weapons.

ashley50
Jun 4, 2009, 11:29 AM
Best:
Getting into the "Phantasy Star" world gaming
Meeting great players
when rangers were a huge asset against Jarbas/Tengohgs/Onmagoug...etc

Worst:
the hacked weps epidemic...and meseta

Sano
Jun 4, 2009, 12:20 PM
Back in the day, NPC Death used to lower the Final Mission Rank, it used to REALLY suck...glad they fixed it. Now they are random attack shields lol. Oh! Chat spam too ^^

Darius_Drake
Jun 4, 2009, 12:57 PM
I am a day one player and my list is in no particular order.

Best Memories:
- Making a 50% Dark Durandal when that was the best saber you could get
- Killing De Ragan for the first time
- Opening my own store
- Seeing the second attack of a melee PA for the first time
- Experiencing the last room of Lab Recovery for the first time

Worst Memories:
- Hunting for an [B] Agito Repca and never finding one
- Going broke trying to make armor for a living with an alternate character
- Breaking my first weapon on it's first attempted grind
- Having a member of the party die for the first time during the boss fight

panzer_unit
Jun 4, 2009, 02:22 PM
Best -
* first out of anybody I knew rocking an SUV (had to farm nanocarbons and take a pretty slim chance on synthing the megaline)
* running through Sleeping Warriors C over and over with a good team put me way ahead of my friends for character rank
* my wife and I playing characters on the same account, especially since she was happy running a PM food store
* oldschool Protranser. other character types were only that but PT was a *job*
* burn status being a full character's worth of damage output
* Lab Recovery bossfight
* peoples' cries of OMG seeing my Anga Dugrega and grenade skills leveled to 21+

Worst -
* all my RL friends slowly quitting the game
* so many people whining and complaining
* never got any rares until AOI
* busted so many good weapons trying to grind everything to +10 like a noob

tadtwisted
Jun 4, 2009, 03:07 PM
Those were good times back then, crimson beast and seabed still the best missions in the game. it was a sin to die and not have enough scapes, and if you had a PM you were a god (granted most people had screwed up stats on their bots) but i still think the best was the lack of mission points, back then it took forever to get your job class to 15 (the cap back then) it was torture :bondage:

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
Those were good times back then, crimson beast and seabed still the best missions in the game. it was a sin to die and not have enough scapes, and if you had a PM you were a god (granted most people had screwed up stats on their bots) but i still think the best was the lack of mission points, back then it took forever to get your job class to 15 (the cap back then) it was torture :bondage:
On v1 the class cap was 10, not 15. ^^;

GeekRuler
Jun 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
Best:
The day the Advanced Classes were released
The introduction of Moatoob (I remember waiting in front of the gate with a large group and spamming "Waiting for Moatoob")
Telling every newcomer to the game that the Club is opening Friday
Hearing about dumbasses to this day say that Icebreak is coming (seriously lol)
Not being able to afford clothes and ending up forgoing shoes for most of my existence in this game
PvP (If you didn't know, we've had it since launch and its the drama you see on the 4th Floor)

Worst
The unsatisfied population
The elitist sect
And clans, guilds

Ezodagrom
Jun 4, 2009, 04:18 PM
Hearing about dumbasses to this day say that Icebreak is coming (seriously lol)
Apparently an ice themed contamination event is going to happen (might not be exactly "icebreak", but looks like it'll be something like it):

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090330/ss_11.jpg
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090330/ss_12.jpg

It's on the April to September 2009 JP schedule.
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=878
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161572

GeekRuler
Jun 4, 2009, 04:48 PM
Apparently an ice themed contamination event is going to happen (might not be exactly "icebreak", but looks like it'll be something like it):

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090330/ss_11.jpg
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/schedule_20090330/ss_12.jpg

It's on the April to September 2009 JP schedule.
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=878
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161572

Well I'm sure those people are now thrilled to hear about it :D
Except most of those people are long gone ._ .

darkante
Jun 5, 2009, 03:51 AM
Icebreak? Sounds good, i love ice themed missions out on the open. :P

Ruru
Jun 5, 2009, 04:37 AM
Best:
finally making enough meseta to buy a store made sori-senba
meeting one of my closest friends on this game doing HSM
learning that element on armor can make or break you (fire armor on first block of HSM is BAD)
running eastern peril and getting me / quick on my first day hunting it
finding my first Pwand after 3 days straight of sleepingwarriors S2
making a 46% fire durandal (that was something back then)
making a 50% fire twin creasaber

worse:
the ugly cast parts/combinations and how much it cost for the "good ones"
the bad clothes combinations (mostly same as above)
the limited hairstyles :p
mostly anything to do with clothes/hair etc sadly lol
hunting diads and finding one after 2 weeks...
finding a crea doubles [B] and realizing i needed 15 goldania...

cApNhOwDy
Jun 5, 2009, 04:47 AM
Best memory: Anticipating the newest online Phantasy Star game
Worst memory: Actually playing the newest online Phantasy Star game

biggabertha
Jun 5, 2009, 05:13 AM
meeting one of my closest friends on this game doing HSM

D:

I'm not one of your best friends...?!

nuuuuuuu...

Ruru
Jun 5, 2009, 05:56 AM
D:

I'm not one of your best friends...?!

nuuuuuuu...

um... reread that :p i said "meeting ONE of my closest friends"

i cant have more than one close friend now? :p

best:
Meeting one of my closest friends "biggabertha" in armadas room. or was it seths room? that was an odd day. we had such weird conversations.

that better? XD

goldbrease
Jun 5, 2009, 06:05 AM
hmm worst: being booted because your to poor to buy scapes.
hunting for parts to make a flouresent bulb saber wich is better then what you currently use... then to find out it makes an extremely annoying sound and regret it.
running c runs of linear line and food for money and xp because the mobs in b gave a tiny increase in money and xp but were comparable to going from normal dif to ultimate dif as a low level char in pso.
ow and other then svaltus sword the only rares really were crea weapons XD
weapons exploding from grinding.
how long it took to synth items and the insanely low success rate.
how little meseta you got in missions and as mission rewards. they never adjusted the rewards on all the old missions still >.>

things i liked
the amount of people playing.
the game being new

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 06:49 AM
how long it took to synth items and the insanely low success rate.

Damn 24 hours on like a 9* weapon only to find out it would fail.
Another think I liked was when you synthed a wep and it failed, you could d/c from the server kinda and the uses on the wep would stay the same, but you would lose the materials put into it. I think sega fixed that by now. People that didn't play back then should know those damn kerseline back then were so expensive. I did this little trick many times for the Jitseen. It would cost so much too. I remember selling a 26% Jitseen for like 2 mil, thinking I was a rich fool. Hah, that's almost nothing now a days. I miss the simpler times.

Ail
Jun 5, 2009, 07:55 AM
Best Momories:

- my first day on psu. it was the EU release day, and i had flu. but i went out anyway to buy the game. so, right after..
- when i made Lena
- the day they released the advanced classes.
- running with randoms Mizuraki Defense S all over again, and hoping to find a party to do Demons Above S to gain the ridiculous amount of not much more than 1900 or 2750 meseta each run, to..
- buy my fist double saber (7*) with a super low % and spend on it all the meseta i made in the past days (and being very happy for it)
- when they released Phasnis Vest and Western Bottoms W
- spending a whole day deciding how to dress Lena for her class change, because i wanted to try WT. a friend was waiting tho lol
- playing Operation Firebreak with friends
- using the 7 days of 3* luck won from firebreak to hunt a [B] Crea Doubles. it was my first time soloing to hunt something. a friend did the same, but where it found it boring, i found it very funny, and i learned to play better. i also started using party names based on what was happening to me irl in that moment (like Lena vs PizzaGuy or something like that xD) i still use this format "name" vs "name" when i solo, changing the second name every run.
- finding a [B] Crea Doubles on the very last day of 3* luck. i screamed so loud, i never did something like that before for a game. it was my first psu S rank.
- 1up cup, best event so far imo

Worst Memories:

- waiting 24 hours, even having dreams about it (i dreamed to make a decent one, to make a 50% and to fail it) to see my first and only [B] Crea Doubles turning into a Star Atomizer
- all the haking stuff..

panzer_unit
Jun 5, 2009, 08:59 AM
Another best:
Firebreak. Best event I ever played.

Another worst:
Not doing B-rank missions because the cash rewards weren't enough to cover the Dimates we had to use for healing!

Cooljames2186
Jun 5, 2009, 10:27 AM
Best times-

Passing the impossible 20 lvl cap....
Getting into Univ 1 and going to the fourth floor to watch guys/girls play prostitute...LMAO
Seabed, Rainbow beast, Bruce Runs, and others....lol
Bathing Jao, Rappy, Linear Line, and other now useless...yet so sentimental decor
trying to get a de ragnus tail...by beating it to death...lol
Friendly community...bunch of good buddies to chat with and play with.

Worse times-

Levelling...
getting scammed...like horribly...lay some meseta to form a circle then place your highest A rank in it...then get booted...duplication scam...wow
Random Toilet drops and not knowing who did it...No recent visit list...lol. still fun though...lol

I miss those days where your hard work made you Somebody in the game.

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 5, 2009, 11:07 AM
Not in any particular order:

Best:
Synthing 50% Ice Muktrand, 44% light Heavy Twins, 44% ice Shiratsuno-Zashi
Opening a shop for the first time and getting those very first sales
Beating Dimmogulus (I think it was S2 and we were level 80) with only 2 human Fighgunners and a human Protranser (might not be much of an accomplishment now, but back then .....)
Getting into 8 digits (10 mil) for the first time
Meeting good people to run with (still running with those same people, I'd probably quit if it they weren't on)

Worst:
Deathmaker breaking on the 10th grind (really any weapon that went CRACK and disappeared)
Having to run through all of the runs to get to the missions (True Darkness, Denes, Foran Waterfall, etc)
Keeping enough Scape Dolls on me

Darius_Drake
Jun 5, 2009, 11:28 AM
Dang I need to add one to the best memories list
- Reaching level 20 in order to be able to use a nanoblast or suv

Dragwind
Jun 5, 2009, 02:47 PM
My first memory was probably the first friend I made on PSU. We both started on the same day, and played for hours on end.

Another one of my favorite memories was finding a Halp Serafi board the first time they came out. What was even better was when I synthed it and it came out 44%. I had people offering me tons of weapons for it, even had someone offer me his wife! ;o

Then right after that, a synth exploit was found and someone made 3 glitched 50% halps.

I have a ton more memories, but these are the first that come to mind.

Hatemachine
Jun 5, 2009, 04:05 PM
Best
Playing on day 1 with a clan of people all with names from Cobra from G.I Joe and listening to people make impersonations of the characters they chose.

Finding the safe zones on de ragan run on day 2 made leveling so much easier in the early days.
Meeting someone who has become a very good friend and invited me to their wedding in Vegas last year.

Playing with friends on new years while we were drunk off our ass and watching people run into walls for 10 minutes while explaining the deep inner workings of the cosmos and what kicked more ass Duckman or Rocko's Modern life.

Speculating on what moatoob was going to be like. Never played single player and didnt care enough to to find out.

Worst
About few months into the game the clan I started in basically quit and left for Gears of war and other games.

Waiting for Moatoob to be opened and finding out what a disappointment it was
Boots on sonic jaggos runs in fire break
Bruce Runs I LOATHED those.
Getting the red ring of death on my 3rd 360 in the middle of 1up.

Thats the list been a good run and am enjoying the PC version now.

DreXxiN
Jun 5, 2009, 06:21 PM
Best:

Oh man, these were the days..

-Getting my 50% Lightning Buster

-Being tech support for everyone on the 1st floor on the first day, lol.

-Item conservation actually mattering

-1up Cup was the most fun I've ever had on this game, with my vent crew of Suzaku, Bones, Barnacleez, Gigodem, and a few others.

-Killing the De Ragan for the first time.

-Defeating the almighty De Ragan at level 10, and Plains Overlord A vahras running like vehicles.

-My party getting pwned on C doing Onmagoug and Suz being the only one alive slowly killing it over the course of 20 minutes

-Me and Suz duoing The whole Hive route on S in about 5 hours

-Being so proud of getting my PM to 80 to party with me, that was God status in the day..I remember Sodaboy was the first to do it on the servers I believe.

- 10/10 Tengoh bow and found out it sucked.

-Finding my first Crea Doubles board that turned out 16% Light that I was very proud of after 104 Runs of Unsafe Passage S

-Racing levels against Cherry, Zero Sensei, Seance, Eleina, Sophia, and Starslicer..I don't think I Knew Arika back then even though we've grown pretty close...

..Of course Seance always beat me even if I never slept :P.

Oy... ><, Good times man. I wish I could bring 'em back.

PS: Oh yeah, getting a 50% Twin Bear Claw WITHOUT the original 50% glitching :P

Worst:
-Vahra nerf =((((

-Everyone abandoning the seabed and Duel Sentinel maps that had Bees because the EVP was too godly. XD

-Mission penalty for dying

(List will be updated I'm sure :P)

Kylie
Jun 5, 2009, 07:55 PM
Good: The people
The difficulty
Great events

Bad: Seeing so many friends leave
Lack of "stuff"
Synthesis rates and times

Libram
Jun 5, 2009, 08:17 PM
Best Memory:
Bruce - When it was first released I loved how people would swarm over to Bruce's Dungeon and try their best to get through it. At that time I was still well under the level cap, so I could only play Bruce B. I found my gunner to be the best suited to surviving, and with her I eventually got the nerve to try Bruce A after I had I think two levels over the requirement. For a while I couldn't find a party, but eventually one group who was looking for their last member and didn't get one finally decided to let me join. The first block was slow, and since my bullets weren't leveled either the damage I added was piddly. Block 2, though, that's when I pulled out my traps. I'd use Poison on the Vandas to trip em, then use Fire then Virus on the Bils, and when those final two buffed ones spawned I'd lay a Virus and quickly switch to Freeze and keep them stuck until the party obliterated them. Even if they didn't kill the things fast enough they were still suffering and died easily once they broke free. Traps > all

Worst:
I didn't really party with many people, but there were a couple I pretty much ran with every chance I got. I ended up learning about them and now realize I live pretty close to them, but a while back they left and only returned to try out MAG when it first came out. I've found some other friends to run around and cause general mayhem with, but I still miss my first group. I'm reminded of this every time I scroll through my Card List because they were the first people I had, and I don't have the nerve to cut them out of my contacts because I have this hope that they'll pop in one day.

Mimo
Jun 5, 2009, 08:47 PM
Best memories:
-when i started which was more or less the time when Ank bicos were dropping, i got to party with my family and friends in swimsuits xD

-Foran falls was packed for the first time, met some very cool people there

-Seeing the halloween lobby for the first time

-1UP was the best event for me and i cant forget the time I borrowed my sisters rappy suit to join others in spamming/running around in a massive crowd xD

Worst:
-seeing lots of friends leave
-turning in the rappy suit i borrowed and having to wait a week for my own
-being lied to by a GM during a hacking, dur :B

desturel
Jun 5, 2009, 11:21 PM
-Me and Suz duoing The whole Hive route on S in about 5 hours

Ouch, the memories. When Seed Awakening S was first released, a friend and I were silly enough to think we could do it. Him being a fortegunner and I being a fortetecher back when Giresta took and hour to cast. The memories. I think we ended up with 268 deaths and completed the run in just under 3 hours. :)

Although I think the longest run I ever had was soloing Rainbow Beast for 4 hours as a force 5. then I turned around and soloed Demons Above for about 3 hours still as a force 5. Back then I didn't realize that Olgohmon, Tengohg and Ageeta took half damage from techs, but I did level up my longbow bullets pretty well. (this was before 6* weapons so no Alteric)

VetroDrago
Jun 8, 2009, 02:32 AM
Oh yeah! The old days!

Best memories:
All the cool people I met in my first year (miss you guys)
Selling kubara wood for good money
1up cup
Wartecher when it was my favorite class/type
The range of all the parties (people on all planets yeah!)
Everyone not being capped
When hanmateri seemed so cool looking
Copernia was rare lol
Spamming HSM for mp

Worst
Not being able to fly to certain lobbies
Spamming Unsafe Passage S2 for frags
Missing firebreak
Searching for stuff in player shops back then
Rooms were bleh back then

DreXxiN
Jun 8, 2009, 02:43 AM
Ah yeah, I remember when Copernia was rare and sold for 7 mil-ish. :P

goldbrease
Jun 8, 2009, 04:25 AM
i remember buying a relic edge for 1k

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 09:41 AM
i remember buying a relic edge for 1k

What?! Never!!
I've never seen em that low, even during the event.
Maybe your on 360 version?