PDA

View Full Version : At a loss of words...

PepperCat
Jun 5, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hey fellow PSUers,

What do you guys do/feel when making trades, two good offers come along and you manage to negiotiate both trades, but the one guy who has what you really are after but its clearly not the better trade flakes out on you after you trade with the 2nd guy, even though he assured you again and again that he would make the trade with you as long as he got what he was after from someone else and he does.

So the 1st guy got what he wanted, but he's still holding onto the stuff he promised you, even though you raised the offer by a considerable amount because you didn't want to have to deal with finding it from someone else all over again.

Had the 1st guy flaked out earlier, it would have been easier to keep the item both guys were after to trade it to the 1st. 1st guy's assurances led me to believe I should trade the 2nd guy as myself and the 1st guy already had everything pre-arranged and confirmed.

/end rant. Feel free to move this to the rants section after a few replies, I'm curious what people think.

Pep... still raging.

Sano
Jun 5, 2009, 09:38 AM
I'll be honest Pep: It took me a few minutes of re-reading to understand what happened but, I get what you're upset about. To be honest, I really dislike when people don't keep their word either. What is so hard about not being selfish, thinking of other people's feelings, and just doing as you said you would? The old saying "Treat people how you would like to be treated" comes to mind but... we can't really control other people and you just have to be the bigger person Pep and think positively. What you want will come along again, maybe not as soon as you would like for it to... but it will. Just out of curiosity (I can't believe this is the correct spelling - could have always sworn it was curiousity...whatever lol) : What were the details of the trade?

PepperCat
Jun 5, 2009, 09:49 AM
I don't exactly wish to disclose the details, as I prefer keeping things on a "no-name" basis.

If I divulged the trade details, it would be fairly obvious who the parties were.

Thanks for getting through the post, I was having a hard time expressing myself without it all going to hell.

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 09:49 AM
Eh I do apologize Pep. It's not about all being selfish, it really isn't. The items you offered were good, however after thinking about it, I wouldn't use the repca as much as I wouldn't use the pushan. I should have let you know sooner, but the day before I made my decision I said let me think about it more, so I did. You seemed to be okay with giving me more time to think it over. Leading me to assume you were okay with giving me more time to think about our trade, I actually thought it over. I do not usually do this with trades, I keep my word I guess now 99% of the time, not 100%. I truly am sorry. You should also re-read my last pm to you. At the end I said, "I have decided to keep it, might go for a 10/10... sorrrrry I will let you know if I decide it's too risky to grind for myself, but that wont be til the bonus of course."
There is a little greed there as a 10/10 would get me more of what I want and would use, but isn't everyone after that? Had I known you wouldn't have traded the other guy if I did not do our trade, I would have told you to hold out.

PepperCat
Jun 5, 2009, 09:52 AM
Well now that you threw anonymity to the wind...

Like I said before, I wouldn't have made the trade with the 2nd guy if I had known you would have flaked out.

You were ready to take the 100 million for all 3 items, I was throwing in the Agito Repca as a sweetener (easily worth another 50 million), and I upped the meseta to 1.15 stacks or more, it might have even been 1.25 stacks.

The reason I wasn't upset before when you were thinking it over was that I was under the impression that you would go through with it since you had assured that you would go through with it as long as you got what you wanted from someone else, and you did.

For a VERY cheap and easy price I might add. Seems generosity doesn't affect you very much, only greed.

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 09:55 AM
I know, like I said, you were hanging out a good trade. I wouldn't have used the repca, as a sweetener or not. Also like I said, had I known you wouldn't have done the trade with the other guy I would have told you sooner that I was taking another look at the pushan. I am very sorry, and I would like to get past this. It's nice to have friends like you, and wouldn't want this to hurt a potential friendship between us. I made a mistake by saying is was practically a done deal. I should have thought about it more before I said anything. I am sorry, please forgive me. I really am a cool dood.
I'm not worried about letting people know who I was. It's not something I need to hide. As for the other guy, he can do what he wants over being hidden.
I'm not really that greedy. I do what I can to help others out as much as possible. I really don't like that comment. :(

Sano
Jun 5, 2009, 09:59 AM
I do agree, Vol is a cool dood ^^. Still buddies ya? I vote yes! :)

Crawdad
Jun 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'd be pissed too...I want that Repca. you can sweeten my day with it :D

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'm not saying he shouldn't be pissed off, because to be honest I would be a little mad too.
I'm just asking him to forgive me for re-thinking it over. I've said sorry like 5 times, no need for it anymore.

PepperCat
Jun 5, 2009, 10:12 AM
I explained to you more than once that I was waiting to see how your trade turned out since I valued the pushan 9/10 more than the other guys trade.

I also said on more than 1 occasion that I preferred your offer since it met my needs better even though it wasn't as valuable as what the other guy was offering.

I was trying to help him out, since he'd never had a Sn/G and he preferred not grinding/breaking one. You were obsessive about the grind being x/10, so when you found another deal and got it I was happy for you.

You really let me down, greediness or not. Think about your actions a bit more next time when you decide on going with a trade then backing out because you changed your mind.

I don't know you that well, you seem like an ok guy so that fact alone is likely adding fuel to the fire and making me rage more. It just feels like you REALLY screwed me out of what I wanted most.

You said yourself you don't even want/use the Pushan and its only for trades. Now that you want to keep it for no other reason than the off chance of getting it to 10/10 (it'll likely break as I've done it 5 times already on 9/10s) and not actually use it = FUCKING GREEDY since you already got what you are after.

Sano
Jun 5, 2009, 10:18 AM
I no like angry Pep... I think I'm gonna tip-toe over to the Off Topic forums before I get raged on ^^;

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:20 AM
You might want to know this; an x/10 Sn/g is not my only major want. Yes it may seem greedy, it may be greedy, but it's not all I am. You could ask anyone on my card list how many of em I've helped out. (that's a different story) I may grind it to get that chance of a 10/10. I may feel like it's too risky cause no one wants a x/9 unless 9/9 which would get me less anyway. I got what I was after for the moment. There will never be a day where I have everything I want. I realize I let you down, and I will do my best to not let it happen again. I will think things through more before I say something. It was my intention to trade at first, I've changed my mind since then.

Outrider
Jun 5, 2009, 10:24 AM
Holy crap. Why aren't you guys doing this over private messages? Nobody needs to see you two having a slap fight like this.

(Plus, it's PSU - I don't think we can reiterate enough that nobody should ever play PSU for any reason.)

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:25 AM
It's not quite a "slap fight" it's more of a "someone screwed up" type thing.
You may not know this, but some people still like PSU. :wink:

Anyway, I just hope you will stop being mad. I'm going to bed for now. Maybe when you calm down, and aren't so mad, we can do some runs or something.

PepperCat
Jun 5, 2009, 10:33 AM
One word: Integrity. You don't have it.

Pic made especially for you because I'm trying to see the humour in the situation.

Crawdad
Jun 5, 2009, 10:33 AM
You know what i would Like? A free 7 grinded Repca...I want one but 20 mil for a fucking 2/2 when its shittier than my B rank?

I just want a Repca and not have buy it with money I dont have.

Think of MY needs dammit!...please :D

Outrider
Jun 5, 2009, 10:36 AM
No, I'm serious - you two should probably be doing this over private messages/AIM/facebook/whatever. You guys are airing dirty laundry and this isn't really the venue for it.

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:37 AM
One word: Integrity. You don't have it.

Pic made especially for you because I'm trying to see the humour in the situation.

Eh, now you are just picking at the fact someone can change their mind, and not have it work in your favor. I'm over it, I hope you are too.

No, I'm serious - you two should probably be doing this over private messages/AIM/facebook/whatever. You guys are airing dirty laundry and this isn't really the venue for it.

You don't have to read it...

ShuttleXpC
Jun 5, 2009, 10:40 AM
Just an FYI on this situation and not insinuating what happened here. On games like Lineage 2 people would perform a scam like this, a player wanted an item or had an item for a cheap amount...sitting right next to them, or in the same vicinity was a guy willing to buy that item you're buying from Joe Player down the ways a little for a bit of a markup. Problem is, if anyone was unlucky enough to try this, the guy buying downs the ways would end his shop immediately after someone bought some items from the other guy, or would claim he wanted 1000 of this item but only had the money to buy 10 of the item on him. This was later fixed (couldn't try to buy more then you had money for), but it evolved into the trade deal you are talking about now.

So, if these two knew each other and knew you wanted that item, its fair to think you were scammed. You've gotta be careful.

Like I said though, just speculating on what happened cause this kinda scam was very common in Lineage 2, it had several forms.

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:42 AM
I don't even know the name of who he traded with on the other deal.
Sure, I could just be saying that, but I didn't know, or realize that without my trade Pep wouldn't have traded with the other guy.

Crawdad
Jun 5, 2009, 10:44 AM
So uh....how's that repca acquisition coming along?

:D

Outrider
Jun 5, 2009, 10:49 AM
You don't have to read it...

Just like you don't have to write it.

You're both embarrassing yourselves. If the two of you have an issue you're trying to resolve, I'm pretty sure the forums are not where you should be doing it. There's no reason anybody here should care or even see that you screwed the OP out of a deal or how the OP is angry at you over pretend money. I mean, first off, you're really not supposed to be making a thread that's attacking/antagonizing another member on the forum, but keeping up a private discussion in that public thread isn't much better either.

Volcompat321
Jun 5, 2009, 10:51 AM
Oh well. Like I said, I'm over it anyway. You don't have to read it, I don't have to write it. I did write it, and you did read it. Now it's your turn to move on with your life. It's not embarrassing really. More ridiculous than anything but it's already done anyway.
Oh, and he wasn't bashing anyone specific, at the time of post, I'm the one that came out and said it was me.

thunder-ray
Jun 5, 2009, 11:16 AM
Damn its a good thing that I only trade with people that Ive known for awhile (aleast 6 months). I would be pissed too if I was screwed that way :ak:.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2009, 02:44 PM
Outrider is saying it's against the rules to bring stuff like this and argue about it over the forums. Do it over PM's, or don't do it at all.

Ryna
Jun 5, 2009, 02:52 PM
Since the details of this affair have become public and the replies are becoming personal, I am going to lock this thread. If affected parties want to continue your dialog, use the private messaging system.