PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No Play

The_Pew
Jun 5, 2009, 04:45 PM
I've been away from Phantasy Star Universe for awhile now. At least long enough to forget why I stopped playing in the first place. I currently play World of Warcraft and lately my eye has been wandering away from it. I originally picked up World of Warcraft to bridge the gap in time between BlueBurst and the release of Phantasy Star Universe.

Before I install and renew my subscription I have a few questions

1- How's the population in the PC/PS2 servers?
2- Is the game populated mainly with those under 21 or is it a mix of everyone?
3- Have there been any game changing updates or alterations I should be aware of?

Ryna
Jun 5, 2009, 04:54 PM
1. For the last few days, the largest population count I've seen is one star on Universe 2. The population took a noticeable dip following the conclusion of the most recent event.
2. Based on my playing experiences, you'll find a mix of everyone. Most of the people I'm acquainted with are over 20 years old.
3. How long has it been since you last played the game?

The_Pew
Jun 5, 2009, 04:58 PM
3. How long has it been since you last played the game?

Last time I played was before Ambition of the Illuminus. I managed to snatch up a brand-new copy of it at a flea market for a few dollars.

Ryna
Jun 5, 2009, 05:05 PM
Last time I played was before Ambition of the Illuminus. I managed to snatch up a brand-new copy of it at a flea market for a few dollars.

If you haven't played since before Ambition of the Illuminus's release, then there have been a number of game-changing updates. These include the introduction of Master classes, character stats changes, changes to the grinding system, and general gameplay changes.

The_Pew
Jun 5, 2009, 05:39 PM
If you haven't played since before Ambition of the Illuminus's release, then there have been a number of game-changing updates. These include the introduction of Master classes, character stats changes, changes to the grinding system, and general gameplay changes.

Oh, I assume that these changes are more beneficial than negative to the game.

Could you elaborate on how the grinding system has changed?

Ryna
Jun 5, 2009, 06:46 PM
Could you elaborate on how the grinding system has changed?

In the old PSU grinding system, a weapon was destroyed if you failed a grind level. In the new system, the maximum grind level is decreased by one and the grind level is reset to zero if you fail a grind. For example, let's say you are trying to grind a weapon from +6 to +7 and fail it. In the old system, the weapon would have been destroyed. Now, the weapon is reset to 0/9.

The_Pew
Jun 7, 2009, 05:53 PM
[quote=Ryna;2322797]In the old PSU grinding system, a weapon was destroyed if you failed a grind level. In the new system, the maximum grind level is decreased by one and the grind level is reset to zero if you fail a grind. For example, let's say you are trying to grind a weapon from +6 to +7 and fail it. In the old system, the weapon would have been more.

Oh! I was curious if PSU: AoI is depened on having the original game installed or can it stand alone?

Volcompat321
Jun 7, 2009, 05:56 PM
it can stand alone. :D