PDA

View Full Version : AotI IF you started over would you do anything different?

OldCoot
Jun 5, 2009, 05:24 PM
If I had to start all over I think I would only have 2 max characters and one would be a CAST that would handle GM, FM.

The other charcter would be most likely a Human and do AT.

I just couldn't see myself leveling up 4 characters anymore.

Also I would not bother with the dam techs, Megid, Megiverse, Killershot, and some of the other ultimates for the pistol, shotgun. Basically stick to what works in getting the job done.

Also since I play on the 360 and some of the techs slow me down, I wouldn't bother with MF and maybe FT. Nice that AT stops at 30 for techs.

What would you all do different if you knew what you knew now and started today?

landman
Jun 5, 2009, 05:51 PM
I would provably just have a Beast GM if I had to start all over again.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 5, 2009, 06:07 PM
I would stop playing if I had to start all over again.

Turb0
Jun 5, 2009, 07:29 PM
Not much. I've tried Fighmaster, Gunmaster, Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Fortegunner, Guntecher, Protranser, Fortetecher, Acrotecher, and Acrofighter at some point. Now pretty much all I play is GM but if I started over I wouldn't just focus on that because then I would've gotten bored a while ago. It's fun playing different classes occasionally and trying something new even if you're not accomplishing things toward your main class.

Kylie
Jun 5, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have, well, kind of. Before the expansion came out, I got rid of everything to start over new, and I've done the same thing now since I took my long break. I don't want to be one of those people that comes back for "stuff," so this does the trick. I haven't made any drastic changes though. I still have all my photon arts and partner machinaries, and I'm content with my character choices.

Zorafim
Jun 6, 2009, 01:06 AM
It's never too late. If you want to do something, there's never a better time than now. With that in mind, I'd simply rebuild Levia back to her former glory.

sovalou
Jun 6, 2009, 01:12 AM

quoted for the ****ing truth.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 6, 2009, 01:19 AM
I'd roll a 12 sided die and make one of my characters obese. I'd prolly also reverse everyones genders.

darkante
Jun 6, 2009, 02:31 AM
Start over? No, forget that.
I´m gone then.

Ruru
Jun 6, 2009, 05:05 AM
if i "had" to start over i'd definitely make my newman a bit taller. >.>; that's about the only thing i'd do different, aside from her height i like everything about my characters and the choices i made with them. but honestly i dont think i could start over from now. even with all the PA boosts and easy meseta. it took me a long time to get where i am. days/weeks/months of hunting to get the pallettes and armor i have not to mention all the PA levels. i dont think i could keep going if i "had" to completely start over at this point.

Volcompat321
Jun 6, 2009, 05:23 AM

quoted for the ****ing truth.

Start over? No, forget that.
I´m gone then.

I'm with these guys. My account got hacked and I thought I was done. Thankfully my account expired the day after it was hacked, and sega reset the password for me after about a week. Nothing was missing but for a minute there, I thought PSU was done for me. I'd never start over, it took me so long to accomplish what I've done, as I'm sure it's that way with many people.

tadtwisted
Jun 6, 2009, 06:11 AM
id make my male cast taller, my female newman shorter, my male beast a female and, my female human a male (been thinking about the last 2 but dont know if im ready to take 2 more characters to 150 again, 160 starting friday)

RadiantLegend
Jun 6, 2009, 08:37 PM
probably be a bit taller .... maybe

pinkace
Jun 6, 2009, 09:03 PM
I've heard of people recreating characters all the time just for shits and giggles. You guys make it sound like losing a character would be the end. Some difference huh?

If I had to, I'd make at least one male character, probably my Beastie. Since all my chars are female, it can get monotonous at times.

darkante
Jun 7, 2009, 12:26 AM
Really, things doesn´t take a day to do.
And seeing how little content PSU really has, gives it even less reason to be replayed as you got pretty much everything already.
Characters has less personality as everyone can use almost everything, just change class and voila.
Only thing that really takes time is the Photon Arts, without it then the game would be a empty shell all together.

I don´t see the point really...

xBladeM6x
Jun 7, 2009, 12:35 AM
I start as a Cast GM this time around. Just because it's obvious that Sega favors them.

Also, I wouldn't have to level stuff all that much.

unicorn
Jun 7, 2009, 12:40 AM
I'd be playing on JP servers.

Ruru
Jun 7, 2009, 01:49 AM
I've heard of people recreating characters all the time just for shits and giggles. You guys make it sound like losing a character would be the end. Some difference huh?

If I had to, I'd make at least one male character, probably my Beastie. Since all my chars are female, it can get monotonous at times.

recreating a character and starting completely over from scratch with 0 meseta/items/PA's are two completely different things. 5000 or so hours of your life gone in an instant and deleting one character are NOT the same thing. the topic is "if you started over". not "if you had to delete one character and make it different."

gratefulgriz
Jun 7, 2009, 02:35 AM
I wouldnt want to start over, I have had too many goodtimes with 132. but if I had too, I would have skipped the 400 hrs of playing original PSU and waited until the expansion, logged 400+ hours and built LadyDatura into a tech-leveling, grinding machine. Now I just play for nostalgic reasons or until Sega creates the next PS game, hopefully a 2D version of PS on the Nintendo DS!!!

hunterseifer
Jun 7, 2009, 06:51 AM
I'd hit the jp servers, its insane how cheap stuff is over there and all the content they have is nice^^;

pinkace
Jun 7, 2009, 11:27 AM
recreating a character and starting completely over from scratch with 0 meseta/items/PA's are two completely different things. 5000 or so hours of your life gone in an instant and deleting one character are NOT the same thing. the topic is "if you started over". not "if you had to delete one character and make it different."

ah. good point.

Yea, I would not start over either, I would try to get on the JP servers somehow.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 7, 2009, 11:44 AM
If I started over I'd just make Reimu. I swear I've had more fun playing as a Acrofighter than I do with my GM Carmilla. Sure using her SUV is fun but man, I kick more ass with Reimu than I do with Carmilla. Crap and thinking about it now Reimu would be around 120 instead of 53. Oh well, live and learn.

Morganna
Jun 8, 2009, 05:46 PM
I'm making a second account to get the "new game" feeling.

I'm making a human. Perhaps I'll level all the classes on her.

Kinako78
Jun 8, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'd actually hold on to a CAST character.

Warlock01
Jun 8, 2009, 06:39 PM
id spell my charachter's name right.
i spelt lightning as lightening .... it was 3am and i was half drunk.

i would never have put 400 hours into my human male fighmaster.

Evila
Jun 8, 2009, 07:01 PM
probably be a bit taller .... maybe
This. >_> I was afraid to make my main character too tall, but then I just ended up too short. At least I'll always have my robo-heels.

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 07:41 PM

I think it was a question like, if your account was gone, deleted, or hacked. Something like that. Losing 1 character from 4 130+ characters is nothing, unless you had awesome, rare, high % weapons and armors, PA's on that character.
If I lost my PA's and a character, including all the stuff listed, I'd never play again. 2 and a half years+ cant be replaced that easily. I'd quit, but stay on pso-w.

autumn
Jun 8, 2009, 08:57 PM
I would go back to playing on the JP servers.

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 09:00 PM
Should have never left :o
I'm sure you have more fun on this server though, don't you?!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

autumn
Jun 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
I have thousands of hours invested in these servers, and I *had* friends who played regularly so when I didn't have the cash for both for a while I ended up back here. You might be right though Sie, mayhaps I shouldn't have left :wacko:

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 09:17 PM
I have thousands of hours invested in these servers, and I *had* friends who played regularly so when I didn't have the cash for both for a while I ended up back here. You might be right though Sie, mayhaps I shouldn't have left :wacko:

If I understood basic Japanese, or something, had friends, and had the PSU disc or ability to play the JP server, and haven't invested in thousands of hours in this server myself, I would be over there too. I just haven't cause of the friends that became close buddies of mine. Zeek, Night, Sovalou, all them doods :D:D

pikachief
Jun 8, 2009, 09:22 PM
i'd do the same things im doing now :P i wouldnt mind really, cuz i like starting from scratch in RPG's for some reason :P

TecherRamen
Jun 8, 2009, 09:34 PM

second : 50% repcas dont come more than once

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2009, 09:36 PM
second : 50% repcas dont come more than once

They do if you mass synth Repca's, but who does that?! lol

Genoa
Jun 8, 2009, 10:33 PM
If I had to start all over, hmm...
No, I wouldn't do anything differently.
Four Females, one of each race, leveling all PA's throughout all characters, multi-classing all jobs.

Powder Keg
Jun 8, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'd make some name changes and size differences..make my CAST a little smaller.

But I'd definitely NOT want to level my Photon Arts again. Making them transferable was an awesome addition to the game.

mvffin
Jun 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
I would probably just make one character, probably male cast, and just use it for all classes. Seems like every class is better as a male cast anyways.

Also, I'd focus on one class at a time, instead of having 4 characters with multiple classes, and working on them all at once.

Noblewine
Jun 9, 2009, 01:14 AM
*I use my other name for my main
*Create a newman.
*Try all the other classes.

Tetsaru
Jun 9, 2009, 01:22 AM
I would've probably left for FFXI when all my other friends did. =/

VetroDrago
Jun 9, 2009, 01:46 PM
Originally, I would've made a new FT/MF that's better than my current one and do all kinds of stuff over, but I'd jump to the JP servers without a doubt. I'd have to get a JP PS3 first lol or a JP PS2 if PS3 is too much trouble.

The Overlord
Jun 9, 2009, 01:48 PM
Avoid the 4th floor and everyone who goes there.

RaMarcusV1
Jun 9, 2009, 01:49 PM
I would make my character taller! When I first made him when PSU launched I thought it was great... I wish you could pay something like 1 million meseta to be able to change a characters height! :P

Overlord Zenon
Jun 9, 2009, 01:50 PM
nope, likely repeat as usual

OldCoot
Jun 9, 2009, 02:39 PM
When I first started I made a female newman because this race/sex has the best stats for a "healer" type of character, but made a male newman not too long later because of some of the weird things that happened; guys looking for a girlfriend and crazy stuff like that. Isn't it common knowledge that most of the female characters running around are played by male players? I wanted to have a shortcut for these players stating that a male player is using this character.

Now days if some player wants to spam the cheer, or sitting motion on my female human, I just let them go to town knowing they are wasting their energy. So, I would have kept my very first character.

I have considered going over to the jP servers also and wondered would I have it in me to do everything all over again? I understand the classes and the races so how would I do everything different?

If I did go to the Jp servers and wanted to remake my existing characters, I don't think I would change how they look but just what they do.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 02:49 PM
When I first started I made a female newman because this race/sex has the best stats for a "healer" type of character, but made a male newman not too long later because of some of the weird things that happened; guys looking for a girlfriend and crazy stuff like that. Isn't it common knowledge that most of the female characters running around are played by male players? I wanted to have a shortcut for these players stating that a male player is using this character.

Now days if some player wants to spam the cheer, or sitting motion on my female human, I just let them go to town knowing they are wasting their energy. So, I would have kept my very first character.

I have considered going over to the jP servers also and wondered would I have it in me to do everything all over again? I understand the classes and the races so how would I do everything different?

If I did go to the Jp servers and wanted to remake my existing characters, I don't think I would change how they look but just what they do.

your first paragraph is why most of us real girls hide our identity to random people. it's no fun getting flirted with by everyone anytime you walk out of your room and into any public area in online games.

as for going to the JP server. i think in a sense it wouldnt be starting over so much as trying something new. it would be a very different experience on JP side than it is on NA/EU side so it would take alot of the "i've already done all this crap ugh" feel out of starting over i'm sure.

hyperacute
Jun 9, 2009, 03:01 PM
Would have started using and levelling lasers back when I was Fortegunner. Other than that, nothing.

Aeris
Jun 9, 2009, 03:36 PM
I whould probly have a female newman as my main instead of my cast and level every class on her instead, other than that, nothing else.

Darius_Drake
Jun 9, 2009, 03:59 PM
I would use only two characters instead of four while using my other two spaces just for the ability to have all four pure partner machines. The two characters would then carry all the jobs I now split between my four characters.

The_Brimada
Jun 9, 2009, 04:14 PM

I am one of these people :o

Sexy_Raine
Jun 9, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'd probably quit, but if I did actually restart I'd ignore all classes except Gunmaster and I'll be satisfied. If this was PSU Version1, I'd be FT. When it was actually fun, before Segduh messed up the system in AOTI, catering to boring ass hunter types.

Other than that, I'm happy with my set-up for everything. It's fun abusing Gunmaster. :P

bay sick
Jun 9, 2009, 09:13 PM
i would qquit :D

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 09:29 PM
I would make the breasts on my female beast "slightly" bigger than what they are now. And yes, I am dead serious.

Also, my newman would be shorter, and my male Cast would be taller. Gameplay wise, I wouldn't change a thing. All my changes would strictly be superficial. Yep, I'm pretty shallow...

Randomness
Jun 9, 2009, 09:33 PM
I would make the breasts on my female beast "slightly" bigger than what they are now. And yes, I am dead serious.

Haha, the look of my female beast is the one thing I'm not happy with. I got proportions a bit messed up, and by the time I really paid attention, I'd already invested too much time.

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 09:57 PM
Haha, the look of my female beast is the one thing I'm not happy with. I got proportions a bit messed up, and by the time I really paid attention, I'd already invested too much time.

Precisely what happened to me. By the time I capped her, I was like "...You know, I'm not quite satisfied with those." But you look at the level above her head and it's like "Ehh...it's not worth starting over just for that....I don't think..." Now I've more or less accepted it. But does it still bother me once in awhile? Oh hell yes it does.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 10:04 PM
Precisely what happened to me. By the time I capped her, I was like "...You know, I'm not quite satisfied with those." But you look at the level above her head and it's like "Ehh...it's not worth starting over just for that....I don't think..." Now I've more or less accepted it. But does it still bother me once in awhile? Oh hell yes it does.

lol thats like my newman. she's not the shortest you can go but she's close and it annoys me so much. but by the time alex >.> pointed it out to me i was already at cap and didnt want to go through leveling a force up that high again. i was honestly considering doing it for a while but i just couldnt do it and gave up on that idea. and no amount of high heeled shoes helps D:

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 10:11 PM
lol thats like my newman. she's not the shortest you can go but she's close and it annoys me so much. but by the time alex >.> pointed it out to me i was already at cap and didnt want to go through leveling a force up that high again. i was honestly considering doing it for a while but i just couldnt do it and gave up on that idea. and no amount of high heeled shoes helps D:

It'll never happen, but it's situations like this that make me continually pray that one day, they'll allow us to change our body proportions, either via the makeover shop, or through a one-time fee special service.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 10:25 PM
It'll never happen, but it's situations like this that make me continually pray that one day, they'll allow us to change our body proportions, either via the makeover shop, or through a one-time fee special service.

yeah i was always hoping they would add a proportion option in lumilass, i dont get why they wont let us change height, i mean we can change our face/ears/eyes etc but not our height? lol doesnt make a lot of sense. there are alot of people i've talked to on this game that have wanted to change height at one point or another. i'm sure the same goes for the jp servers.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 9, 2009, 11:24 PM
I think the breasts on both my CAST and female human are a bit to big. Especially Reimu's chest. Because I swear that everytime I'm running and swing the camera to get a view of an enemy I see those suckers jiggle a little. If only I can make em a bit smaller then everything would be spokey dokey. Also don't get me started about me dying to Kakwanes. Freakin hentai artists made me feel uncomfortable fighting those things.

Mikura
Jun 10, 2009, 12:14 AM
I think the breasts on both my CAST and female human are a bit to big. Especially Reimu's chest. Because I swear that everytime I'm running and swing the camera to get a view of an enemy I see those suckers jiggle a little. If only I can make em a bit smaller then everything would be spokey dokey. Also don't get me started about me dying to Kakwanes. Freakin hentai artists made me feel uncomfortable fighting those things.

Making them smaller would make the jiggle less noticeable, but they'll always have it. I uh, happen to pay attention to little details like that. >_>

And yeah, you'll never view Kakwanes the same way again if you get to see those images on the net. lol

bay sick
Jun 10, 2009, 12:33 AM
i would rank my human protranser and my cast gunmaster.

Tetsaru
Jun 10, 2009, 12:44 AM
I think the breasts on both my CAST and female human are a bit to big. Especially Reimu's chest. Because I swear that everytime I'm running and swing the camera to get a view of an enemy I see those suckers jiggle a little. If only I can make em a bit smaller then everything would be spokey dokey.

Bahh, boobs are never too big on women (especially in video games/anime), as long as they look good imo. My female newman character wears Voloyal all the time. =P

The_Pew
Jun 10, 2009, 12:45 AM
I did start over. I use to play as a Cast ForteGunner. Now that I'm back I play a Newman. I plan on being a MasterForce sooner or later.

thunder-ray
Jun 10, 2009, 12:54 AM

i would qquit :DI secound both of these.