Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2009, 01:59 PM
oh you clevar man ;o

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 8, 2009, 02:33 PM
Weaning yourself, are you?

Weeaboolits
Jun 8, 2009, 04:25 PM
It's only a matter of time before you're sucked in by another plot-deprived fighting animu, you can't escape it.

Larian
Jun 8, 2009, 05:10 PM
Kurokami FTW!!! =D

Dhylec
Jun 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
(゚o゚)
i prefer konami

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 06:45 PM
So do I dyl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k40gPQIbTFY

Larian
Jun 8, 2009, 06:54 PM
It's fun to play The Goonies 2

http://ui05.gamefaqs.com/2116/gfs_29022_2_3.jpg

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 07:23 PM
Goonies 1 was better

Larian
Jun 8, 2009, 08:03 PM
I agree...but my Famicom is in storage... =(

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 8, 2009, 08:32 PM
I'm tired of those harem comedy animes. Its the same crap. I'm all about the King of Fighters anime and Pani Poni Dash! show.

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
Harem is the future
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/1242694723534.gif

Sayara
Jun 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
Harem is the future
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/1242694723534.gif

Leviathan
Jun 8, 2009, 09:02 PM
You don't quit anime, anime quits you.

Larian
Jun 8, 2009, 09:44 PM
OMG LEVI YOUR SIG RULES!!!! GIB THUNDERCRACKER NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!! =D

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 8, 2009, 09:45 PM
why does people talk shit about dbz.It was like the most popular anime worldwide behind like pokemon(ehhh)

TalHex
Jun 8, 2009, 10:12 PM
because it was popular. Didn't you get the message? It's naruto that's popular now...

you're all a bunch of wimps. Dennou Coil > all

W0LB0T
Jun 8, 2009, 10:27 PM
Hentai. Its Animie done right.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/W0LB0T/vlcsnap-64051.jpg

Greenie approves

HolioArtillery
Jun 9, 2009, 01:40 AM
Worried me for a sec, thought you would switch to live action.

Outrider
Jun 9, 2009, 09:10 AM
why does people talk shit about dbz.It was like the most popular anime worldwide behind like pokemon(ehhh)

And it's better because it's more popular?

Vanzazikon
Jun 9, 2009, 10:12 AM
It's a great anime because of Napa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8eTQU1uCA

Sayara
Jun 9, 2009, 11:10 AM
Its the first epic japanese animation brought to America in a timeslot for kids and adults alike.

And it made you feel MANLY to watch, (besides Sailor Moon of course)

CrimsomWolf
Jun 9, 2009, 04:47 PM

Your point being?
Quantity doesn't mean quality.

I/We've discussed that somewhere else concerning Code Geass.

Now, the door is over there, get out of my sight.

@Sayara:

*Double post

*Harem anime actually starts to piss people off. There was an article about that (and other stuff which make people mad) on AnimeHistory sometime ago.

I won't even go into K-On, as it's nor time, nor place to touch it.

Found it: http://animehistory.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/you-say-you-want-a-revolution-otaku-uprising/#more-6827

@Levi:

* It's just a trick of the mind. It leaves you, but it will come back, albeit under different guise.

@Talon:

* I thought real man watched Higurashi?

Also, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid. Because Gates is simply too awesome. I dare say, in some ways he's more perverted than you, WOLBOT. Oh, and Alastors. I want to have a pair of those too.

Though, if you're looking for real thriller/action you watch Darker Than Black. I gotta thank one who got me into it.

The biggest Anime is Xenosaga game series though.

Sayara
Jun 9, 2009, 04:51 PM
Real men watch K-on and enjoy it.

:|

CrimsomWolf
Jun 9, 2009, 04:56 PM
When they stop shoving moe down the throats, when they'll even know what kind of moe they want to shove and WHEN THE BLOODY MEAT WILL STOP SPARKLING!

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE

TalHex
Jun 9, 2009, 06:32 PM
@cimsomwolf: dennou coil is the greatest anime, I liked it even better then higurashi...

but yes higurashi is good, and it's too violent to become mainstream :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2009, 06:51 PM
Nurds and your animu everywhere. :E

Randomness
Jun 9, 2009, 10:00 PM
you're all a bunch of wimps. Dennou Coil > all

Sorry. Code Geass beats it easily. Mind games at maybe 60-70% of Death Note, plus giant mech warfare and a protagonist that could have come from classical tragedy. Oh, and the final episode is absolutely beautifully done.

TalHex
Jun 9, 2009, 10:31 PM
i have to disagree... I felt absolutely nothing when watching code geass... *shrug* ah well maybe i'll watch more for the hell of it... i've got nothing better to do..

Randomness
Jun 9, 2009, 10:40 PM
Most of the first season is good. The second season starts pretty blah, but the final 6 or 7 episodes really pick up.

And like I said, one of the best endings I've ever seen.

Tetsaru
Jun 10, 2009, 02:34 AM
I still loves me some Cowboy Bebop. :<

Larian
Jun 10, 2009, 03:27 AM
I still loves me some Cowboy Bebop. :<

QFT!! =D

Oh...and have I mentioned Kurokami yet...

W0LB0T
Jun 10, 2009, 04:22 AM
Nurds and your animu everywhere. :E
Friggin Weebs >:U

HolioArtillery
Jun 10, 2009, 05:36 AM
Code gayass is just a roiling plot line of stupid. Dennou Coil at least had some damn substance to it. As loathe as I am to take Talon's side on something, I actually enjoyed it. Much better than the typical animu shit I have to see or hear about. Shit like Code Gayass and Death Note (I'm not even going to bother with the other mainstream shit.) HEY GUIZ, I'M THE SMARTEST FUCKING PERSON IN THE WORLD, OLO. Except, wait, no, you're not. And no, those aren't mind fucks at all. That's the author just allowing whatever the main character wants to happen, to happen, in order to create the illusion the character is intelligent and shit will go as he predicts. Reality does not work that way. Also, mechs of the Gundamn/Evassgelion/Code Gayass varieties are really just dumb as fuck.

Higurashi was also about the epitome of stupid. It basically just amounted to retarded multiple plot lines just so it could sell the real meat: blood and violence. Cause boy does that shit sell easy. Especially to the weeaboo crowd.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
I don't watch/play/read fiction works to be realistic.

I enjoyed Code Geass (the gay thing is IMO the work of overwhelming amount of fangirls... otherwise most of 19th/early 20th century literature would have massive gay undertones), but I don't think it was *the show* of this decade. But frankly, there wasn't much in recent seasons that could even stir controversies as much as Code Geass did. K-On? You gotta be fucking me. Valkyria Chronicles, newest Mazinger or Eden of the East (or whatever it was) go without notice, sadly.

And no, you got it wrong.
The bestseller is blood and sex.

Which leaves us with Battlestar Galactica and Dr.House.

Not a bad choice, actually.

Sayara
Jun 10, 2009, 09:00 AM
the correct answer is and always be
NICE BOAT
for best conspiracy this decade

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 09:05 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/DaneelRush/niceboat.jpg

Well it was a nice boat.

Until Norwegians didn't turned it into brainwashing prison ship, in their grand scheme prepared by Swiss cyclists to take over the world.

HolioArtillery
Jun 10, 2009, 09:19 AM
I don't watch/play/read fiction works to be realistic.

I enjoyed Code Geass (the gay thing is IMO the work of overwhelming amount of fangirls... otherwise most of 19th/early 20th century literature would have massive gay undertones), but I don't think it was *the show* of this decade. But frankly, there wasn't much in recent seasons that could even stir controversies as much as Code Geass did. K-On? You gotta be fucking me. Valkyria Chronicles, newest Mazinger or Eden of the East (or whatever it was) go without notice, sadly.

And no, you got it wrong.
The bestseller is blood and sex.

Which leaves us with Battlestar Galactica and Dr.House.

Not a bad choice, actually.

There's a difference between fantasy and completely fucking retarded. A lot of anime crosses into the retardation area. Also, I never said anything about a best seller, I said what Higurashi sold. Learn to read correctly.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 09:46 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Matt19871/internet-24591.jpg

Learn to not take everything at face value, and we're square.

I actually meant that blood and sex sell even easier.
And thus is bestseller, unlike what you mentioned

HolioArtillery
Jun 10, 2009, 09:57 AM
And thus is bestseller, unlike what you mentioned

I never said anything about anything being a best seller, this repeated comment is completely redundant :nono: It's like saying, "Hey, you didn't talk about fecal-matter-throwing monkeys!" Well no shit I didn't :disapprove:

Sorry if I'm just not shallow enough for your not-so-refined tastes.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 10:10 AM
You said that it sold very easily.

Stuff that sells itself easily is generally considered bestseller.
You know, sometimes, two words can be used to describe the same thing.

But then denied it.

So I write a different thing again.

Also, serious business. Again.
You really bored or something today?

Outrider
Jun 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
Where's the Azumanga Daioh love? It's a comedy about high school girls having crazy shenanigans. What's not to like?

And yes, Cowboy Bebop is excellent, on several different levels. It's got actual character development! It's got great music! It has redeeming value beyond its action scenes! It's like they didn't even know what anime was when they created it.

Plus, we all know that you gotta love Dragonball for not only having one of the greatest worlds ever (there is a king of the world, he is a talking dog, and the world is swarming with both dinosaurs and robots), but also for being a great superhero anime. There's a distinct problem I've seen where people can't realize that you can appreciate something as silly as DBZ for being fun and mindless.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
It was the show you watched, no matter how dumb or ridiculous it got. Plus, it spawned many other things like it.

Also, I'm probably going to annoy Randomness by saying that Eureka 7 was way better than Code Gayass. (Though, Eureka 7 had that really fucking annoying Inuyasha undertone. INUYASHA, KAGOME, etc.)

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cowboy Bepop is awesome, no matter which specific genre you're into. Plus awesome jazz music is awesome jazz music.

That much we can all agree.

I liked Eureka 7, even though I stopped watching it near the end (might actually pick it up back), probably because it was then when Code Geass and newest Gundam came out.

Plus I've heard they've got Ion Cannons.

HolioArtillery
Jun 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
You said that it sold very easily.

Stuff that sells itself easily is generally considered bestseller.
You know, sometimes, two words can be used to describe the same thing.

But then denied it.

So I write a different thing again.

Also, serious business. Again.
You really bored or something today?
Stuff that sells easily is just stuff that sells easily. A best seller is something that sells the best. There's a very clear and different distinction there, and it seems your lack of comprehension doesn't allow you to see that. Your generalization is like saying gold records sell like platinum or diamond records.

And yes, I am very bored. I believe I've stated sometime in the past that is about the only reason I'm on here. I'm off today and I had no prior plans to do anything.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 10, 2009, 11:37 AM
Best sellers are chosen primarily from stuff that sold itself the most, especially entertainment-related.

If something cannot sold itself easily, it won't make much, in terms of money or simply quantity of material sold - so it's not likely that it'll be a bestseller.

Besides, anything that can sell itself easily will be considered by people who made it as bestseller, because it allowed them to make a fair bit of money, without working too much.

TalHex
Jun 10, 2009, 08:10 PM
Doctor Who > all TV, Movies, Real life, your mom, your face, the universe, 42, anime, manga, and you

Nitro Vordex
Jun 10, 2009, 08:28 PM
Doctor Who > all TV, Movies, Real life, your mom, your face, the universe, 42, anime, manga, and you
Or so we've been told.

Also, Eureka 7 also made me ragequit, because every goddamn episode was that fucking kid not growing a pair talking to the girl(NON HUMAN, I MIGHT ADD) that he likes. ITA(In This Anime: ) :BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Solstis
Jun 11, 2009, 12:40 AM
Exterminate! Exterminate!

Anyway.

I found Death Note to run from insultingly heavy-handed to inane psycho-babble. Code Geass. I don't know how I watched ANY episodes of that show, and yet I did. I was disappointed that there were mecha involved. Also, collective unconscious? Welcome to Continental Philosophy from the 80s-90s, which, in general, means Geass leveraged complete bullshit as a MacGuffin.

I don't even know if that last sentence made any sense. Dragonball is a fun watch, Cowboy Bebop ages like a fine wine, and I really don't get why we liked Outlaw Star. Seriously.

Sayara
Jun 11, 2009, 12:56 AM
Eureka 7

All my children with robots

Larian
Jun 11, 2009, 02:47 AM
Eureka 7

All my children with robots

lol...but Eureka 7 didn't have Sarah Michelle Gellar though did it now...

Outrider
Jun 11, 2009, 10:36 AM
I really don't get why we liked Outlaw Star. Seriously.

I actually watched Outlaw Star again in college.

It wasn't that bad.

If Cowboy Bebop is a fine wine, Outlaw Star is some kind of off-brand Root Beer.

Or maybe one of those gross Sugar Waters they used to sell in my high school's cafeteria.

astuarlen
Jun 11, 2009, 11:17 AM
Outlaw Star is some kind of off-brand Root Beer.

So what you're saying is it will make me burp a lot. Y/Y?

Outrider
Jun 11, 2009, 11:35 AM
So what you're saying is it will make me burp a lot. Y/Y?

THAT IS CORRECT.

TalHex
Jun 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
Mmm... I sort of liked Outlaw star... but Bebop wins for the shroom episode

CrimsomWolf
Jun 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
Ghost in the Shell (the movie version).
Pretty neat in terms of English voice overs (unlike in most anime) and in showing futuristic, cyberpunk world. Even if you don't get it half the time.

What else is left...

I know!

Hellsing OVA. The moment where Millennium sacks London with it's aerial Zeppelin assault is one of those you-have-to-see-it-yourself moments. As the Iscariot attack.
Trust me.