PDA

View Full Version : Any Cartoon/anime Related characters out there?

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 8, 2009, 09:14 PM
Just curious, if so Post Pallet.

Zeek123
Jun 9, 2009, 04:19 PM
Do you mean cartoon? If so, I think you might actually offend a lot of posters on this site for calling their favorite anime a cartoon :p

For some reason, it really irks people when you put something like Trigun in the same category as Spongebob, but whatever.

My character is named after a little dinosaur named Zeek from a series called Zoids. My pallet consists of a Pakuda, a Desta, a Rattlesnake, a Needle Cannon, a Bulletmaster, and whatever gun I decide before the mission.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 9, 2009, 04:31 PM
Carmilla was named after a villian in a Castlevania game and Reimu was named after Reimu Hakurei from the Touhou franchise.

ChibiBecca
Jun 9, 2009, 04:59 PM
anime is still a cartoon, it's just the japanise name for cartoons. ^^;

i've seen people with usernames based on quite a few games, cartoons and etc. can't give examples due to my sucky memory.. apart from one of my alts who is called Saber from the anime Fate Stay Night.

Tsavo
Jun 9, 2009, 05:02 PM
I remember bumping into Captain Planet and the planeteers my second day online.

Zorafim
Jun 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
This topic has inspired me to make a Carlton character.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
This topic has inspired me to make a Carlton character.

This I'd like to see.

DreXxiN
Jun 9, 2009, 06:56 PM
There's an UNREAL amount of characters that have names or styles taken from anime characters it's almost absurd. Just look around, especially during events.

I don't know what you mean by "Post Pallete" though. Unless you're referring to classic Phantasy Star characters, the weapons can't really replicate many other anime/cartoon characters..

I suppose Repca comes to mind for Sephiroth. :x

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 07:16 PM
My main character's name comes from an anime...but you don't wanna know what it is. <_< Then I have Lilith, which is from Darkstalkers obviously. Hardly original, but I like the name regardless. Then there is Kyrios, which any Gundam fan should spot immediately. Lastly, there is...well, I won't mention since it's not related to any cartoon/anime/videogame. ^^;

Edit: Oh, and ignore my sig. I need to update it since Neith got deleted and replaced.

VXSladeXV
Jun 9, 2009, 07:29 PM
lol mine is Godly Pikachu.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 07:42 PM
My main character's name comes from an anime...but you don't wanna know what it is. <_< Then I have Lilith, which is from Darkstalkers obviously. Hardly original, but I like the name regardless. Then there is Kyrios, which any Gundam fan should spot immediately. Lastly, there is...well, I won't mention since it's not related to any cartoon/anime/videogame. ^^;

Edit: Oh, and ignore my sig. I need to update it since Neith got deleted and replaced.

i know what that last characters name is! but no just no.

my characters names are not from anime/cartoons whatsoever and i dont try to emulate any anime or cartoons when i play.

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 9, 2009, 07:52 PM
Lol, I was just curious cause i met a guy named after Kenshin Himora and he said he also used to have a Vash from Tri-Gun. So i was wondering if these people had pallets that in some way compliment their character.

KunoTatewaki
Jun 9, 2009, 08:43 PM
Here we go again...

Xellos- Now that, is a secret! ^_^ (Slayers)
Golgo 13- (Golgo 13 anime/manga)
Xanatos-(Gargoyles)
Kuno-(Ranma 1/2)

All of my characters we're cartoon or anime inspired.

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 09:24 PM
i know what that last characters name is! but no just no.

my characters names are not from anime/cartoons whatsoever and i dont try to emulate any anime or cartoons when i play.

Pfft, at least no one else on the entire server has ever used that name, and probably never will due to being ashamed. Thankfully, I have no shame. Still beats the hell out of being a FFVII/DBZ/Bleach character clone.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 09:42 PM
Pfft, at least no one else on the entire server has ever used that name, and probably never will due to being ashamed. Thankfully, I have no shame. Still beats the hell out of being a FFVII/DBZ/Bleach character clone.

i dont think many people even know what that name implies in the first place :p

and yes i agree. there are too many unoriginal names already on this game. too many clouds sephiroths, bleach, naruto or other random anime names.

and lets not forget all the namine's.

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 09:53 PM
i dont think many people even know what that name implies in the first place :p

and yes i agree. there are too many unoriginal names already on this game. too many clouds sephiroths, bleach, naruto or other random anime names.

and lets not forget all the namine's.

Even more reason my name is so awesome. I like names that aren't obvious right off the bat.

Anyway, I miss the good old days when all you had was DBZ/FFVII names...now with Bleach and Naruto, there's even more generic names floating around the internet. It's so sad.

Touka
Jun 9, 2009, 09:56 PM
anime is still a cartoon, it's just the japanise name for cartoons. ^^;

Actually anime is short for animation.

My character Touka is taken from Utawarerumono although it was impossible to make her look like the character.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 10:11 PM
Even more reason my name is so awesome. I like names that aren't obvious right off the bat.

Anyway, I miss the good old days when all you had was DBZ/FFVII names...now with Bleach and Naruto, there's even more generic names floating around the internet. It's so sad.

i dont think i'd like to walk around with a name like that above my head XD but i am a girl so it would be more like a walking advertisement than anything in my situation lol.... that name is horrible for so many reasons yet borderline epic at the same time :p

lol i know, i miss those days as well, but i actually saw a pretty good sora walking around a while back. i was like "hey that's not too bad they even somewhat look like sora" they were wearing the male storia clothes i think it was and had sora-ish hair lol, now they just need to give us some keyblade weapons and that person would be set >.>;

i actually havent seen many DBZ characters lately. mostly bleach characters. most popular ones being members of the shinigami squads, tons of sakuras (such a generic name now there's at least one sakura in every other anime, be original already people >.>;. ) and then the naruto generation.

Mikura
Jun 9, 2009, 10:14 PM
i dont think i'd like to walk around with a name like that above my head XD but i am a girl so it would be more like a walking advertisement than anything in my situation lol.... that name is horrible for so many reasons yet borderline epic at the same time :p

lol i know, i miss those days as well, but i actually saw a pretty good sora walking around a while back. i was like "hey that's not too bad they even somewhat look like sora" they were wearing the male storia clothes i think it was and had sora-ish hair lol, now they just need to give us some keyblade weapons and that person would be set >.>;

i actually havent seen many DBZ characters lately. mostly bleach characters. most popular ones being members of the shinigami squads, tons of sakuras (such a generic name now there's at least one sakura in every other anime, be original already people >.>;) and then the naruto generation.

Maybe because DBZ is like...old-school now in comparison to all the youngins watching Bleach or Naruto now.

And we already have a keyblade weapon. It's called "Ank Zagza." ;o

silen
Jun 9, 2009, 10:19 PM
i made an alt who i named Claes, based on a character in Gunslinger Girl.

Ruru
Jun 9, 2009, 10:20 PM
Maybe because DBZ is like...old-school now in comparison to all the youngins watching Bleach or Naruto now.

And we already have a keyblade weapon. It's called "Ank Zagza." ;o

lol i forgot about zagza. well then lets not forget tesbra as well.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 9, 2009, 11:18 PM
Thats alright Mikura. I've met someone who named they're character after that blonde teacher from Bible Black. I did a quadruple take when I heard about that.

Mikura
Jun 10, 2009, 12:17 AM
Thats alright Mikura. I've met someone who named they're character after that blonde teacher from Bible Black. I did a quadruple take when I heard about that.

Kitami? Oh wow, props to whoever gave their character that name. >_>/

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2009, 12:21 AM
I want to say that I'm not so uncreative that I copy names from anime or, worse yet, cartoons. However, both of my most used names have rather uncreative beginnings. Levia is obviously a shortened name for Leviathan, a name I started to like due to Final Fantasy. To be fair though, Final Fantasy got Leviathan from the book of Revelations, which is sort of my territory. And that wasn't the first time I heard the name, either.
And of course, the too oft used Zolafim, mutated from Zorafin, which should be self evident in its origin.

I can, of course, create names for new characters with a bit of time. But Levia and Zorafin have been with me for years, so they're going to be used first. Unfortunately, I don't really plan when I use each one, so one character may inherit traits from another. For instance, PSU's Levia has light shining armor, a trademark of Zolafim's along with his lance. And PSU's Zolafim has no traits of either character, since she has none left to take.

Overlord Zenon
Jun 10, 2009, 01:30 AM
My one character is Galvatron, based off his Generation 1 appearence, my main is Rozalin from disgaea 2

ErtaiClou
Jun 10, 2009, 11:35 AM
I created Kid Wicked and then found out there was a cartoon character by the same name lol

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 10, 2009, 01:00 PM
Kitami? Oh wow, props to whoever gave their character that name. >_>/

Yea but I hear every April 9th she inhabits the body of some female PSU character and sends they're soul to be tortured by Tentacle-Satan for all eternity.

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 10, 2009, 04:44 PM
I want to say that I'm not so uncreative that I copy names from anime or, worse yet, cartoons. However, both of my most used names have rather uncreative beginnings. Levia is obviously a shortened name for Leviathan, a name I started to like due to Final Fantasy. To be fair though, Final Fantasy got Leviathan from the book of Revelations, which is sort of my territory. And that wasn't the first time I heard the name, either.
And of course, the too oft used Zolafim, mutated from Zorafin, which should be self evident in its origin.

I can, of course, create names for new characters with a bit of time. But Levia and Zorafin have been with me for years, so they're going to be used first. Unfortunately, I don't really plan when I use each one, so one character may inherit traits from another. For instance, PSU's Levia has light shining armor, a trademark of Zolafim's along with his lance. And PSU's Zolafim has no traits of either character, since she has none left to take.

Dont be such a prude, its not uncreative. It's shiowing love for your favorite anime/cartoon characters. Believe me its more creative to try and create your favorite character in a game than o say the 2002+ people who just made there character chibi and put on the thong swim wear because we 360 people have to suffer with half the population being kids in thongs...

Neith
Jun 10, 2009, 04:55 PM
Despite my character Shiori having an Eastern name, she's not based on anyone. However, a work-in-progress character is called Karura, from Utawarerumono. Not sure if I plan on using her yet though.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
Ya know, I was gonna name my alt either Urutsukodoji or Minase. Just for sh*ts and giggles. But I just went with Reimu. As I look back I shoulda named Reimu Minase just too see if anyone would notice.

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
Dont be such a prude, its not uncreative. It's shiowing love for your favorite anime/cartoon characters. Believe me its more creative to try and create your favorite character in a game than o say the 2002+ people who just made there character chibi and put on the thong swim wear because we 360 people have to suffer with half the population being kids in thongs...

I had to stare at this for a good two minutes to try to figure out what you were trying to say. And even now I'm not sure I have a good grasp of your point. Are you saying it's more difficult to take someone else's character model than to make a random character and put them in a skimp suit? If that's the case, then I agree. And with that in mind, neither are at all worth any creativity points compared to creating a character design all your own.

Seere LaBeyken
Jun 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm sry, I ramble a lot when I talk but all im saying is. That it isn't uncreative to try and design your character after something you like. It's way more creative then just making your character as small as you can and putting it in a thong and a cowboy hat.Which there are a lot of out there.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 10, 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm sry, I ramble a lot when I talk but all im saying is. That it isn't uncreative to try and design your character after something you like. It's way more creative then just making your character as small as you can and putting it in a thong and a cowboy hat.Which there are a lot of out there.

Really? I don't see that many midget cowboys/cowgirls hanging around. What platform is this on? The 360 or the PC?

Will_Nonheim
Jun 11, 2009, 12:18 AM
Given ChibiBecca (from page 1. :o) shares my account...

Anime character : Saber, from Fate/Stay Night. Currently sporting an outfit to slightly ressemble Saber Lily from Unlimited Codes... Not too successful.
She was formerly a Fighmaster with specialty in swords, but after I capped all of FM's PAs and the class itself, I moved back to Fighgunner to wrap up Sabers and Twin Sabers. ...Done. She is a CAST F, and unless I'm playing SERIOUS BUSINESSSSSSS or forgot to unequip Paradi (...very often.), she uses the biggest, baddest sword in this entire game : Gigas Espada. >.> Or Excalibur. Whichever.

EDIT : ...I wasn't even paying attention to the big arguement going on in here, but to my defense... ...All 4 of my characters were made with the idea of having all possible clothes/parts available on my account. Will, Grid and Becca were settled as characters first and are originals. But I wound up having a CAST Female to take care of, and... Well, the ...Digiel? set with the longskirt, called me towards making that CAST F into a Saber. I know it's not too original, but it works. And I do intend to use the free makeover period to turn her into something new, if only because.. Well, I've mastered all "sabers" with her. Her point is done and over with, so she needs a rebirth of some sort.

Zorafim
Jun 11, 2009, 12:22 AM
Pretty obvious that he's on 360. Even if he didn't say it, it sounds like something that would go on over there.

By the way, you already used that argument, Seere. Contribute to the topic or move on, there's no point stagnating.

Ruru
Jun 11, 2009, 12:36 AM
from what i recall anyway. females cant wear cowboy hats. so saying you stuck a chibi in a cowboy hat and thong is pointless since it cant happen. unless there are males in thongs i'm not yet aware of @.@

and i wouldnt say trying to make a character to look like something else is more or less creative. if you do a really good job of trying to make your character look as close as possible to what they are portraying then thats all well and good. but i wouldnt call it creative, considering the original concept was thought up by someone else to begin with. its more like plagerism only you wont get sued.

Prince_Medion
Jun 11, 2009, 10:24 AM
On my account, I have 2 characters names after video game characters.

My gf's character which is called Redqueen, from resident evil: code veronica, and chronicles.
My alt which is Hedoba, an elf shaman from Shining Force III.

That's all

lethe
Jun 11, 2009, 07:35 PM
Anime/Cartoon inspired characters

Zaku Zaku - male cast- inspired by the zaku II's from Gundam SD

Video Game inspired Characters

Mikado - Female Newman - Inspired by Mikado from the PS1 game Bushido Blade

I'd Bang Zoey - Female Human - Inspired by Zoey from Left 4 Dead of course :P

The Witch - Female Cast - Inspired by the Witch from Left 4 Dead of course :P

I've had alot of other characters who met the fate of the delete option but none who were based of anything from anime/cartoon or video game

Alnet
Jun 11, 2009, 10:37 PM
"Komugi" and "Magical Maid Koyori", named after Nakahara Komugi and Kokubunji Koyori from The SoulTaker and Nurse Witch Komugi.

And of course "Alnet," but he's a character from a series that hasn't quite made it to audiences. :wacko: