PDA

View Full Version : Back to Psu (Again), help me pick a name?

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 9, 2009, 12:50 AM
Hello, i will be comeing back to PSU soon (as soon as my friend gets the game, dont want to get ahead of him, do I?)

I always like to have perfect names, becouse it really gets to me later on O.o and i just want to hear your suggestions

I like japanese/unique names, so far i have (my japanese, is.... well bad, so forgive the mistakes O.o) I will be a female CAST

Mitsuki Usagi ("Beautiful moon rabbit" in japan you see a rabbit in the moon, not a face)

Sakura Aizawa

Kira Sorano

Naomi

Ai Usagi

Xiorath

Okatsunami

Sayomi Tsukiko

Kyouko Megumi

Akasuki

Kohana, but i need a last name for this one

(suggestions are welcome)

Thats all i can think of right now

Please help me find a perfect name :D

Fuji
Jun 9, 2009, 04:46 AM
Just be careful with the name Mitsuki, because depending on how you write it/what characters you use it can mean a plethora of different things. Like, someone could think you're the "Bright Rabbit" "Three Month Rabbit" "Full Moon Rabbit"(which wouldn't be terrible considering the name you're going for there) and so on and so forth. Just be aware of stuff like that when picking a Japanese name, it kinda falls under the same category as a Japanese Tattoo. Just be sure you ask someone who is fluent in Japanese what the best way to write/translate something is, wouldn't want to end up leveling to like 100 and find out your name means "Pitiful Weak One" or something ^^

ThaiSoup
Jun 9, 2009, 04:55 AM
Sakura bad, Its a cursed name and its over used. Just cause the name, I hate any character harboring it. Back on topic. I can honestly say I haven't seen a Xiorath, or Okatsunami. Though I'm on ps2/pc so its hard to see anything unless your at White Fail. I personally find people who do last names or anything besides just a name to be very tacky and I facepalm a little upon seeing them. Feels as if they are trying to hard. These are just my opinions.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 9, 2009, 05:28 AM
Sakura bad, Its a cursed name and its over used. Just cause the name, I hate any character harboring it. Back on topic. I can honestly say I haven't seen a Xiorath, or Okatsunami. Though I'm on ps2/pc so its hard to see anything unless your at White Fail. I personally find people who do last names or anything besides just a name to be very tacky and I facepalm a little upon seeing them. Feels as if they are trying to hard. These are just my opinions.

I agree.

autumn
Jun 9, 2009, 05:50 AM
Oh noes Funkae you hate my characters ._.;;

Pwincess
Jun 9, 2009, 05:40 PM
I like your choice of.. Kyouko Megumi. That's my opinion

Chuck_Norris
Jun 9, 2009, 05:42 PM
Oh noes Funkae you hate my characters ._.;;

Yes, yes I do. *Shanks*

ErtaiClou
Jun 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
I kinda like three month rabbit but it sounds too close to another character by the name of Three Trees.

Turb0
Jun 9, 2009, 06:39 PM
I have no idea what any of those mean, I just see japanese looking stuff. So I guess my advice would have to be Mikuzaturorikiki Namakari. :p (English names ftw)

DreXxiN
Jun 9, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'd avoid anything that is from an anime, period. It's far from original no matter how underground the anime is.

However, making combinations of Japanese words for a specific meaning isn't too bad.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Xiorath since I like names that are influenced by the last 3 letters of the alphabet :P.

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 9, 2009, 09:33 PM
Xiorath and Okatsunami are names i made on my own, no real meaning, .....Well, I kinda Took Oka from the Okanoh axes decreption and added tsunami

bay sick
Jun 9, 2009, 11:51 PM
rofl. im not japenese so i wouldn't have a clue..

Zorafim
Jun 10, 2009, 12:12 AM
Here's my suggestion. Focus on your motivation while making your character. What motivated you to make him like he is? Once you can put that motivation into words, use those words to create your name. If your motivation is to create a strong, savage character, you may want to use the name of a beast. If your motivation is grace, you may want to use the name of a graceful object. If your character is tied to an element, then use a name tied to something that element does or creates.

Don't just use a name because it sounds cool, make a name to match your character.

bay sick
Jun 10, 2009, 12:14 AM
good idea... very nice.

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 10, 2009, 02:14 AM
Well, i do do that, i already know what my charecter will look like. ust wanted suggestions about the ones i put up there

ashley50
Jun 10, 2009, 04:10 AM
choose the best one that you like?

Mimo
Jun 10, 2009, 08:03 AM
Xiorath sounds pretty kool or how about subtracting the last two letters to make it Xiora? To give it a feminine ring. B)

lantis-zagato
Jun 10, 2009, 08:07 AM
Bumblebee tuna. Jim Carey would appreciate a name like that.

landman
Jun 10, 2009, 08:29 AM
I recommend you Sasuke or Trunks. Sephiroth is cool too.

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 10, 2009, 04:00 PM
Lol landman

Thats a good idea.... Xiora... I like that :) my chaecters going to be female too :)

Thats going up in the top....3

goldbrease
Jun 10, 2009, 04:29 PM
orihiko, kagome, sunade? er i think i spelled that wrong lol.
thoes are some good names.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 10, 2009, 07:17 PM
John Madden. Thats a good one!

TwistedDragon
Jun 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
You should pick Twisted Dragon..............worst name ever right?

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 11, 2009, 02:01 PM
oooohh ooohh i know "FANTASTIC NAPKIN" !!!!!! LOL THAT IS A GOD !!! NAME HAHAHA !!!! nah just kidding ^^ lol

TwistedDragon
Jun 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
The good thing about PSU is that you can use the same name more than once.

Naomi
Mayumi
Aiko
kaiya

SammaeltheDark
Jun 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
How 'bout Weeaboo Wapanese? I don't see many of those on PSU.. :roll:
And to be truly original you can make it a loli CAST with the emotionless voice set

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 06:50 PM
How 'bout Weeaboo Wapanese? I don't see many of those on PSU.. :roll:
And to be truly original you can make it a loli CAST with the emotionless voice set

That's a good idea, dude. I got 5 characters on my account like that.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 06:54 PM
Name it-DreXxiN, someone told me that was a cool name ;-)
I like that name anyway :wacko:

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 06:57 PM
I always thought it'd look better with the N capitalized. Or name it Enzy-v3. I hear that's hot these days.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
I always thought it'd look better with the N capitalized. Or name it Enzy-v3. I hear that's hot these days.

Fixed, and yea, I was told Enzy-v3 was hot too. Who told you?

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 07:04 PM
Cherry rose from the dead and haunted me in my nightmares, telling me clones of Enzy bots would be after Lyzael Guardian, and I'd have to fight them off in waves with chikki.

Scary, I know.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I assure you, there will be no Enzy bots!
(I really do like the name Drexxin btw)

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 11, 2009, 08:31 PM
Oh, i forgot about my best / fav name

Kohana

But i cant find a good last name for it

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 09:36 PM
*Thinks up one on the spot*

Lazerous.

Kohana Lazerous.

(Isn't that actually a real word? I swear that just popped in my head and it feels like I made it up, but I swear it's from somewhere)

darkante
Jun 11, 2009, 11:03 PM
Zorro? :D

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 11, 2009, 11:45 PM
oooh GOD!!!!!! YEEESS!!! *another fantastic name pops up into this great mind* lmfao oooh name your next character SUPREME JELLY BEAN !!!!!!!! lmao but with those weird looking letters ^^ you know the ones with the lil symbols on top of them :] hahahaha

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 11, 2009, 11:47 PM
i'm just kidding those last two names i came up with are already taken by THIS GUY!!!!!! *points to self with a cheesy smile* lmao

goldbrease
Jun 12, 2009, 12:19 AM
if you want a japanese name try this site
http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/
put in a gender and 2 names or words and it will create a japanese name for you.

Sayomi_tsukiko
Jun 12, 2009, 12:21 AM
Ive accualy named a charecter Ultra jelly bean before XD

And i found a name, the name i use when i dont use japanese names... sliped my mind

Lucky Star

But theres a little... well, i looked it up on yahoo, and appeantly theres a anime named lucky star....

And the main charecters name is Konana..... Next to my "Kohana"....

Wired... im still nameing my charecter lucky star... but can someone tell me how to put a star in my name? would look so kool :D

landman
Jun 12, 2009, 04:03 AM
The main Character is named Konata D:

Also, any PSU player that knows about Lucky Star should see this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8xPTLSuPBw

xT3rroR3LiT3x
Jun 12, 2009, 07:36 AM
ULTRA JELLY BEAN !!!! *shocked* that just can't be !!! only my mind is great for these names :{ how did you come up with that *sad* *feels not unique* *cries*

ARASHIKAGE
Jun 12, 2009, 02:24 PM
T'Gin-Zu

Kamakura

Tiger Claw

Banzai

Bushido

Black Dragon

Slice

Dice

Night Creeper

Night Vulture