PDA

View Full Version : best pallet for a FM

ab2502
Jun 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
im a lvl5 FM and i need a good pallet. i have 20 mil and want some get some good weps.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2009, 11:48 PM
Try getting some 30%+ weps, don't worry about grinds on melee, unless it's kubara.

Pwnage21
Jun 11, 2009, 12:23 AM
-----no u-----

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 11, 2009, 12:44 AM
Fighmaster? They should have called that job "whaler" because all you'll need are harpoons.

Aura_
Jun 11, 2009, 01:19 AM
Fighmaster? They should have called that job "whaler" because all you'll need are harpoons.

Now that is sig worthy. All aside, 30%+ is the way to go, for I just use 2-3 axes, a spear, and 2 double agitos. Never really liked spears all that much, except for duggas. Poke everything 0.0

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 01:26 AM
Everything is situational palletewise that'd make you need to use all 4 weapons.

KuroShinnen
Jun 11, 2009, 09:00 PM
Every good Fighmaster should have an element of each weapon type. So that ends up being 24 different weapons total. Your first priority should be spears though for Dus Majarra, then maybe axes for Anga Jabroga. Swords should be last priority because none of their PAs are really great.

Volcompat321
Jun 11, 2009, 09:09 PM
You want to carry 24 weapons+inventory+healing items?! No wonder why people always complain they don't get a rare....Cause they full lol. That's why I stick to gunner and teching.

KuroShinnen
Jun 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
lol, i never once said you had to carry all 24 weapons at once. That's just crazy. You can store whatever you don't need for a mission or two in storage for later use. And yes, gunner so far is much better than fighter.

Tetsaru
Jun 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
Pfft, there's no reason to be carrying more than 6 weapons regardless of what class you play, unless you're using one-handed stuff... in which case, you don't need more than 12. You can always go back to your room and deposit what you aren't using, or just send it to your common box.

All the people that carry all that extra crap on them, DON'T! The game's easy enough that you don't really need it, especially if you're doing the same mission over and over hunting for stuff, as most max-level people tend to do anyway.

On average, I usually have close to 30 open spots - nearly HALF my inventory space! - available for loot, so keep that in mind if any of you guys decide to party with me. I pick up EVERYTHING when I solo, and sell off the stuff I don't need, no matter how small it is, because all that extra meseta adds up and helps me buy what I need, while still hanging onto the valuable items that I won't have to sell and keep for my characters if I can use them.

If you've got one weapon of a certain element to use against an opposite-element enemy, most of the time that's all you'll need. I know gunners and techers have the liberty of switching elements on the fly, but all you melee people should know that a good PA like Dus Majarra, Anga Jabroga, Chikki, or Assault Crush can take out most anything with ease, and you can always switch PA's if it'll help you... so many people who think it's cool to max out every PA that they can use, but then never use them... what's the point, really... to make your e-peen bigger? Lol...

DreXxiN
Jun 11, 2009, 09:33 PM
I actually bring with me about 11 weapons, 3 armors and about 8 units for soloing SEED express (Agree with tets, but honestly Soloing certain missions is actually quite difficult..in a party nothing is sadly..)

Even WITH that, I have a rediculous amount of inventory space, so not really an issue.

Tetsaru
Jun 11, 2009, 09:43 PM
I actually bring with me about 11 weapons, 3 armors and about 8 units for soloing SEED express (Agree with tets, but honestly Soloing certain missions is actually quite difficult..in a party nothing is sadly..)

Even WITH that, I have a rediculous amount of inventory space, so not really an issue.

Seed Express, eh... if I were to solo that with Geezer with my best FF equipment, I'd probably use:

Sangeyasha 33% light
Twin DB Swords 20% light 8/8
Twin Falclaws neutral
Gatranata 50% ground
Grand Cross 24% ground
Kubiri-Hiken 36?% light + B'duki Boa

dark Green Green Line and lightning Asura-Senba
Orpad/Mind
L/KK
Cati/Rainbow
Cati/Stamina

all necessary restorative/buff/consumable items

...and that'd really be all I'd need. Also, if things REALLY went bad for me, I could always go back to a crystal, warp out, and restock if necessary... no shame in doing that. =/

Mikura
Jun 11, 2009, 10:05 PM
Pfft, there's no reason to be carrying more than 6 weapons regardless of what class you play, unless you're using one-handed stuff... in which case, you don't need more than 12. You can always go back to your room and deposit what you aren't using, or just send it to your common box.

All the people that carry all that extra crap on them, DON'T! The game's easy enough that you don't really need it, especially if you're doing the same mission over and over hunting for stuff, as most max-level people tend to do anyway.

On average, I usually have close to 30 open spots - nearly HALF my inventory space! - available for loot, so keep that in mind if any of you guys decide to party with me. I pick up EVERYTHING when I solo, and sell off the stuff I don't need, no matter how small it is, because all that extra meseta adds up and helps me buy what I need, while still hanging onto the valuable items that I won't have to sell and keep for my characters if I can use them.

If you've got one weapon of a certain element to use against an opposite-element enemy, most of the time that's all you'll need. I know gunners and techers have the liberty of switching elements on the fly, but all you melee people should know that a good PA like Dus Majarra, Anga Jabroga, Chikki, or Assault Crush can take out most anything with ease, and you can always switch PA's if it'll help you... so many people who think it's cool to max out every PA that they can use, but then never use them... what's the point, really... to make your e-peen bigger? Lol...

I'm one of those people that likes to max out all my PAs, even the ones I'd hardly use in reality. And to be honest, I do it because 1. It's always been a personal goal of mine to max out every PA in the game, and 2. I get quite bored if I don't have a PA I can work towards getting stronger. Using a capped PA when I have to or when it's efficient is one thing, but it's kinda boring when you can't make any more progress with it. Some may do it for e-peen, but I'm sure others do it for the same reasons I do. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

bay sick
Jun 11, 2009, 10:19 PM
no no noo. you should just get de ragan slayers, double agitos. and maybe one axe. axe could be used as your power weapon for boss' and what not. dubs and slayers could be used as basic fighting. get 25%+ you DON'T need every type. if you do white beast get dark de ragan and dark dub. but if you do multiple missions you should get fire. fire works good on any type. [mainly fire axe] either way you should have dark and fire weps. oh and as far as PA's you should get tornado dance, absolute dance, jabroga, and gravity strike.

Mikura
Jun 11, 2009, 10:29 PM
no no noo. you should just get de ragan slayers, double agitos. and maybe one axe. axe could be used as your power weapon for boss' and what not. dubs and slayers could be used as basic fighting. get 25%+ you DON'T need every type. if you do white beast get dark de ragan and dark dub. but if you do multiple missions you should get fire. fire works good on any type. [mainly fire axe] either way you should have dark and fire weps. oh and as far as PA's you should get tornado dance, absolute dance, jabroga, and gravity strike.

You don't "have" to get every type/element, but if you want to be good at FM, it's recommended that you do. And really, compared to fF, FM doesn't require that many weapons or PAs to pimp itself out effectively. The biggest hurdle if you're just starting FM would be getting all your PAs to 50. But with FM's attack speed and the upcoming PA boost next week, this would be a good time to get started on those.

bay sick
Jun 11, 2009, 10:39 PM
exactly. you dont have to get every element. as i wrote above. and it would be good to get all the PA's i listed above because of the PA boost. exspecially absolute dance. and that is the best FM pallete you can get thats afortable. [my opinion]