PDA

View Full Version : Vivienne's card?

MelanyKoura
Jun 12, 2009, 04:20 PM
All right... I've been at this for about 6 or 7 hours straight and I'm starting to get the feeling that we can't get her card. Can anyone confirm or deny this with official information? I'd like to know if I'm just wasting my time doing this mission over and over again in an attempt to get said card.

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2009, 04:25 PM
Can't get her card, it's unobtainable... ^^;

MelanyKoura
Jun 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
Is there any specific reason why this is? Or are players just accepting this? Dunno about anyone else but I'd like to know the actual reason.

Legendria
Jun 12, 2009, 04:42 PM
If you want to play with Vivienne (and she uses a Vivienne a well), get a PSP.

I mean, we never got Kireek's card, did we? Or Ethan's dad. I'm sure there's a lot of NPC's we never got.

burninglink5
Jun 12, 2009, 04:43 PM
Story wise, the mission is just one big flashback. Considering this and the fact that Vivienne dies/ becomes a recluse at the end of the PSP version, it wouldn't make much sense to have her as a permanent partner.

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
Actually, about Ethan's dad...(spoilers)
his card is going to be available in a later chapter

Masterflower
Jun 12, 2009, 04:53 PM
PSP and PSU arent in the same universe. As far as endings go, most companies go with the true ending. Vivienne in reality isnt apart of PSU, shes apart of PSP.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 12, 2009, 05:38 PM
Vivienne is part of PSU's story, as is Helga, hence their involvement in both episode 3 and the side story missions. However, if you play PSP (or read master chief's unmarked spoilers), you'd understand why she's unavailable at the present time in the story timeline.

ChibiBecca
Jun 12, 2009, 06:11 PM
burninglink5 - can't you use spoiler tags when saying something like that?

Ruru
Jun 12, 2009, 06:53 PM
Is there any specific reason why this is? Or are players just accepting this? Dunno about anyone else but I'd like to know the actual reason.

they havent released a reason as to why we dont get her card, but dont expect to get every npc's card you get to fight with.

we dont get the farm girl casts card (the koltova farm lady i forget her name >.>;)

we dont get dalguns or hals card. or magashi's. i dont see a reason why "we just dont get it" isnt an acceptable answer to you lol.

Masterflower
Jun 12, 2009, 06:58 PM
Man, i dont buy that bull that Helga is alive and Vivienne pulled a P3 ending. That was a horrible ending. Ill accept the fact that Vivienne and my PSP character are out kickin butt. Ill accept that over anything..... Still your cant compare PSP with PSU as the story is told differently

SammaeltheDark
Jun 12, 2009, 07:04 PM
we dont get dalguns or hals card. or magashi's. i dont see a reason why "we just dont get it" isnt an acceptable answer to you lol.
we get Magashi's :horns:
At least it's not like JP PSU has Vivienne's card and we don't. Her card is just not obtainable in PSU... yet...

I wouldn't use her anyhow. I'm already tired of her stopping me every few minutes for a question she's already asked me before. Someone need more RAM

Ruru
Jun 12, 2009, 07:08 PM
we get Magashi's :horns:
At least it's not like JP PSU has Vivienne's card and we don't. Her card is just not obtainable in PSU... yet...

I wouldn't use her anyhow. I'm already tired of her stopping me every few minutes for a question she's already asked me before. Someone need more RAM

well thats fine and all if we do get his card but it still doesnt take away from my point. not every npc that fights by our side will be a partner card. and if they eventually do add them all then it wouldnt matter anyway since i only bring tylor and my PM with me regardless of who i can bring lol. that and we can only use 2 cards at a time. if we end up with too many it'll be like chrono cross all over again with 4587268952365823745234 playable characters and only 3 of them are any good to use.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 12, 2009, 08:36 PM
PSP and PSU arent in the same universe. As far as endings go, most companies go with the true ending. Vivienne in reality isnt apart of PSU, shes apart of PSP.

Vivienne is part of PSU because Vivienne returns for EP3 Ch8. Also, during The Magashi Plan, Helga reacts post traumatically to the idea of Copy CASTs gaining a heart. Magashi also implies that Lou knew a certain Copy CAST who gained a heart..

PSp's bad ending is canon. Here are the timelines. All events are chronologically placed from the top down.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/Zoamel_Gustav/PSU_Timeline.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

WhiteKnight01
Jun 12, 2009, 08:42 PM
Vivienne is part of PSU because Vivienne returns for EP3 Ch8. Also, during The Magashi Plan, Helga reacts post traumatically to the idea of Copy CASTs gaining a heart. Magashi also implies that Lou knew a certain Copy CAST who gained a heart..

PSp's bad ending is canon. Here are the timelines. All events are chronologically placed from the top down.

i like the psu story but nowhere near enough to come up with something like that lol

EvilM00s
Jun 12, 2009, 08:49 PM
These storywriters aren't in the buisness of just saying "because I said so", so it is my opinion that if someone has no partner card (for example) there's a darned good reason- even if that reason is that the character in question just decides not to offer their card!

MelanyKoura
Jun 12, 2009, 08:56 PM
they havent released a reason as to why we dont get her card, but dont expect to get every npc's card you get to fight with.

we dont get the farm girl casts card (the koltova farm lady i forget her name >.>;)

Did I say I expected to get every NPCs' card? No I didn't, so back off.

Um... I'd heard they DID get Vivienne's card. And in a later update her Sweet Death was swapped out for the actual Vivienne weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong... ;P

Ruru
Jun 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
Did I say I expected to get every NPCs' card? No I didn't, so back off.

Um... I'd heard they DID get Vivienne's card. And in a later update her Sweet Death was swapped out for the actual Vivienne weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong... ;P

i was making a generalization about partner cards. i never meant you wanted to get every card. allow me to summarize "we dont get every card for every character we partner up with, there is no more reason as to why we will or wont get her card other than sega doesnt give us every card for every npc character in the game" now if you're going to ask a question such as "is there an official reason why?" there really arent any sega officials to answer that question on this forum.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 12, 2009, 10:49 PM

They did not get Vivienne's card. Wikis list Vivienne's card as unobtainable.

Her Sweet Death is a temporary place holder. The graphics for the Vivienne weapon will not be available until the supplemental update.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/Zoamel_Gustav/PSU_Timeline.png[/SPOILER-BOX]i like the psu story but nowhere near enough to come up with something like that lol

I just threw the chart together because there was a recent thread asking about the time lines. It's a fourth draft that still needs work. The PSp chapters are one large block because I'm having trouble finding story details there. Much of Vivienne's story is a blindspot for me.

ANIMEniac
Jun 12, 2009, 10:50 PM
this is kinda sad... cause Vivienne is by far my favorite NPC...

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 12, 2009, 11:44 PM
The possibility is always open for Vivienne to return permanently.

Magashi's story could foreshadow this:

[SPOILER-BOX]a single unit of the condemned Magashi units escaped Howzer's destruction and successfully transplanted his memories into the new models[/SPOILER-BOX]

Innocent Girl, PSp, The Magashi Plan are connected by a side story line about Copy CASTs. One of Gurhal's themes is cyclic history.

It also could be possible that Vivienne's body escapes from a dimensional rift. I wonder what ever happened to the PSp main character.

Masterflower
Jun 13, 2009, 12:05 AM
Gustav, I must admit you went the extra mile to prove your statement. I have played the PSP and got the bad ending which at the end part showed a scene from that comic sega had on the website. I figure this is the true ending PSU will go by. But that ending i will never accept because if i had my way, no one dies and i would say screw what Nav and the others think. If you try to look at this with your PSU char on PSP, it doesnt make sense to me. Because Laia is always with me, and in PSP we forget about her after mission 1. Itwould have to be someone else. If thats the case, how did my psu char ever come into contact with her if only one person was her partner.... now that i think about it.... no it doesnt make sense. I would love for someone to explain how you u tie these 2 games together

EienRozen
Jun 13, 2009, 01:06 AM
After playing this new mission I have become attached,
and rather like her company.
The mission seems to hint around at it,
but can you actually get her partner card?
And if so,
are there any special requirements to do so?
Details, please.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 13, 2009, 01:07 AM
No.

Further reading: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165317

Arika
Jun 13, 2009, 02:57 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
IF they want to give you viviane card, they could, but they need to make a new subplot to say how can you return viviane body again.
This is all depend on ST, and people request. (SoJ seem to follow their customer a lot)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Volcompat321
Jun 13, 2009, 03:02 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
IF they want to give you viviane card, they could, but they need to make a new subplot to say how can you return viviane body again.
This is all depend on ST, and people request. (SoJ seem to follow their customer a lot)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]SOJ seems to forget about it's American customers a lot too though. Please don't forget that, and that's coming from an avid SEGA supporter. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Arika
Jun 13, 2009, 03:11 AM
[spoiler-box]SOJ seems to forget about it's American customers a lot too though. Please don't forget that, and that's coming from an avid SEGA supporter. [/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]
No matter JP or US.
She is most ppl 's favorite NPC. so why not?
I see that the chance for them to give her card is very high.

However, ST might keep this later tho. just like how they released magashi card so late. (because they know people love magashi)
The best part of the story will be the latest part of the story too.
I guess that is what they wanted.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Volcompat321
Jun 13, 2009, 03:18 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
No matter JP or US.

However, ST might keep this later tho. just like how they released magashi card so late. (because they know people love magashi)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]I really agree with you, I wish I got that card..(account expired... for now...just whileI'm 065'd) I hope we get Viv's card. I'd like EVERYONES card eventually. Including the JP's updated card list.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Volcompat321
Jun 13, 2009, 03:21 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]
No matter JP or US.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]I really agree with you, I wish I got that card..(account expired... for now...just whileI'm 065'd) I hope we get Viv's card. I'd like EVERYONES card eventually. Including the JP's updated card list.[/SPOILER-BOX]
BTW I been meaning to ask you, if I switch to the JP account, could I possibly trade you items on the US/EU server for JP items?
I am having second thoughts though, I mean I put so much time into the pc/ps2/3 US/EU server, I know it wont be easy starting over. That's why I want JP items for my US/EU items. (I will probably keep my US/EU account too)

Ruru
Jun 13, 2009, 07:42 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
No matter JP or US.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

that's how it normally is. people tend to forget that the JP side of this game has most of the same interests and game changing ideas as the NA/EU side. different cultures dont always mean different oppinions of the same game. i can assure you people on JP side would like to have her card as much as NA/EU side. and i'm sure sega could easily find a way to add her card if/when they want to. something as simple as "Viviennes body came through a dimensional rift in a relics site" or something similar lol. any way they do it people will gladly accept the fact that she would be a partner card.

Arika
Jun 13, 2009, 09:00 PM
[spoiler-box]I think it might be more along the line that a new body was created for her, and then we let her transfer her soul into it. Since viviane did this to Luu once anyway.

Just see, when there is a new story mission subplot added, it will be viviane turn now. (Since I think we already got all card except her, death dallgan and PSO chars)[/spoiler-box]

Masterflower
Jun 13, 2009, 11:55 PM
No company I ever played a game to, goes by the bad ending to a game they make... Only way to save Vivienne is by one of two ways, since we have been getting pso weps through rifts in relic sites... she just magically pops out or our psu char gives a helping hand to her return. Also for that spoiler, I would have to play that mission, til further notice, thats bs since it is the ending sega is going by.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 14, 2009, 04:41 AM
No company I ever played a game to, goes by the bad ending to a game they make...

On a meta story level, EP2 is the middle story of the trilogy. This would include PSp and SotA. This could be called an "Empire Strikes Back" type of story. The bad guy are required to succeed. This can happen to prequels as well, which also applies to PSp.

Only way to save Vivienne is by one of two ways, since we have been getting pso weps through rifts in relic sites... she just magically pops out or our psu char gives a helping hand to her return.

I think that it is possible. It is implied that dimensional rifts lead to rare mission areas and Dulk Fakis's second form's area. Players have returned from these areas, so it is possible Vivienne's body can as well. It may also be ironic if the will of the SEED causes Helga to reopen the rift which frees Vivienne.

Also for that spoiler, I would have to play that mission, til further notice, thats bs since it is the ending sega is going by.

Lou is having new Lou bodies built anyway. She could spare another. In EP3 CH4, Lou does tell Lumia that she can change how the new Lou bodies will look.

Vivienne is closely connected to Lou and Magashi and both of them have lost lots of bodies. Vivienne's situation may not even be that bad compared to Mirei or Dallgun. Those two are much less likely to come back, yet they're still influencing the story.

Masterflower
Jun 14, 2009, 12:01 PM
(Because idk how use this forum's features to its fullest) I still think its bull that what Vivienne is, it is illegal according to Gurhal Law. What does that make every other Cast. And now that I actually to the time to really look at ur sign... That has to be Dark Falz calling to her because she is a SEED. Since Sega is going to tell me Dark Falz is a SEED... Ill not accepting that, but ill accept the fact he is calling her. Til someone explains to me how Cast have lifeforms, They are all Machines to me. As for the the death of those two, they help move the plot for their respective situation. If they are letting Guardians enter these rifts... that is every unsafe because what if it closes, they are screw. How these rifts are coming about i would like to know as well.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 14, 2009, 01:40 PM
I still think its bull that what Vivienne is, it is illegal according to Gurhal Law. What does that make every other Cast. ... Til someone explains to me how Cast have lifeforms, They are all Machines to me.

The important difference between thinking machines and living CASTs is free will. Living CASTs are individuals. Copy CASTs have no sense of self. This sense of self is what they were referring to as "Heart". This is the difference between a free willed artificial person and a controlled object shaped like a person.

This creates ethical problems which makes creating Copy CASTs illegal. All the things Helga did through Vivienne's body demonstrates why this is illegal.

Lou: Copy CASTs are different from regular CASTs. They were originally created as military machines with programing to simulate a human's combat abilities. ... they are clones of humans, shaped like CASTs. ... Information between the copies could be shared. This is an ability that CASTs, as individual life forms, do not have. ... Copy CASTs have no sense of self, you see. They are thinking machines, obedient to humans. If the original human is sharp enough, they could have the ability to draw information from their CAST-copies from a distance, and under the right circumstances, could even control them. That was the basis for outlawing them.

As for the the death of those two, they help move the plot for their respective situation.

The loss of Vivienne's body may help move the plot as well.

If they are letting Guardians enter these rifts... that is every unsafe because what if it closes, they are screw.

Guardians do many unsafe things.

How these rifts are coming about i would like to know as well.

Nanotransformer technology is based on warping of space.

Masterflower
Jun 14, 2009, 02:18 PM
Up to this point, as all this falls into place. Because I feel Story is more important then gameplay, which keeps me playing the game, i have could to a conclusion to these things. We'll say everything about Vivienne, Mirei, Dallgun gave a push to the plot. Also that Ace Guardian helped with Vivienne's development in the past. And we'll say everything spoken on this forum is true. I still say many things could have been prevented if I was allowed to disobey orders. Throughout this game i have been following orders, wheres my option to disobey and reach out to the truth. I know full well anyone at some point would ignore orders and do what they feel its right. As being a Guardian means going on dangerious missions that could cost me my life, whats to stop me from going on a suicide mission?

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
PSp could also be considered a Pinocchio type of story, as Vivienne has earned a "Heart". Being a Copy CAST is probably about as illegal as being a SEED-form. So as long as Hyuga, Maya, Magashi or Vivienne don't lose their sense of self, then they won't be controlled by the SEED.

In most game stories, bad endings are bad because the story can no longer continue. Conversely, good endings are good because they lead to a good resolution. PSp kind of subverts this. The good and normal endings cause the story to end. The bad ending leads to Vivienne joining the main story, helping a Magashi earned a "Heart", and possibly having her own main story ending.

In my opinion, well done "bad" endings build character. There is a difference between avoiding bad situations and overcoming bad situations. Vivienne loses her memory and sacrifices her body. Vivienne earns her miracle. I would speculate that she could regain a body, and her memories.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:57 PM
Orsun Waber would've been so cool for an NPC... But oh well...

Vivienne isn't obtainable cause this is a training and testing mission. That means, even after the mission is unavailable, she'll still be having work done to her sweetie. So it would be unreasonable to have her card available for logical reasons...

GeoSword
Jun 17, 2009, 04:24 AM
Like the PSO backstory in its respective forum, I found a lot of useful and new information on all the PSU games. I may be out of the loop a bit, but what is "SotA" I keep seeing. I know AOI is Ambition of Illuminus, but what is SotA? Also I noticed that Helga has a very short and provocative top but that's beside the point. I'd like ST to release Helga's Illuminus Coat for females or a replica at least. Anyways, about dimentional rifts, they are there because they are. Sometimes we just have to accept that some things happen because they just do, without any logical explanation.

Yunfa
Jun 17, 2009, 04:30 AM
Story wise, the mission is just one big flashback. Considering this and the fact that Vivienne dies/ becomes a recluse at the end of the PSP version, it wouldn't make much sense to have her as a permanent partner.

She became a recluse? hoooooooooooooooh so who killed her? No worries I doubt I'll pick up PSU Portable now with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite coming out in a week.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
I may be out of the loop a bit, but what is "SotA" I keep seeing. I know AOI is Ambition of Illuminus, but what is SotA?

Shadow of the Arkguard is a side story presented as a moving comic.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Shadow_of_the_Arkguard
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/downloads_comic.php

Anyways, about dimentional rifts, they are there because they are. Sometimes we just have to accept that some things happen because they just do, without any logical explanation.

Nano transitor technology is common and is based on creating and controling dimentional rifts.

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/charworld_misc.php

One of the unique properties of A-Photons is the ability to create and control warps in space. These small-scale warped spaces can be used to store weapons and equipment. The device that controls this is called a nano transformer, and is standard issue for all Guardians.

Many items appear from a dimensional rift deep inside a RELICS site. RELICs sites are full of A-Photon reactors. The confimement systems are explained in story mode to be powerful nano transformers.

Rykros was said in story mode to have nano transitioned into the Gurhal system. There is the "high nano transitor activity" of rare missions.

During Shred the Darkness, The Fourth System, Dulk Fakis's second form's area is called Nano Transistor Space. Dulk Fakis is a SEED infected A-Photon reactor. Falz Memoria has a counter called Nanotrance Vortex which probably leads to a co-op with Dark Falz's 2nd form's area.

Dulk Fakis's first form is the reactor control room of the infected satellite. My interpretation is that the control room is too small for Dulk Fakis to move around in, so Dulk Fakis nano transitioned itself and the party through a Nanotrance Vortex into Nano Transistor Space. The gylphed circle matches confinement visuals and vector line colors. When players return to HIVE No.3 for True Darkness, the rift into Dulk Fakis's Nano Transistor Space is still there.

so who killed her? No worries I doubt I'll pick up PSU Portable

In the canon bad ending of PSp, Vivienne's body is lost through Helga's time-space rift to close it. I would speculate that her body was sent to either a Nano Transistor Space with confined SEED, or to Rykros which could mean... she is back in Gurhal. Now that I think about it, I think Helga's rift did look like a Rykros eye.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 17, 2009, 10:28 AM
I know of a few games that did sequals with the bad ending. One of my favorites was Shadow Hearts: Covenant which continued through the bad ending. I'd say if Viv is gonna come back its gonna be through that dimensional rift. Either she is gonna pop out of an unexplored RELICs site or through the SEED rift is anyone's guess. Who knows she might even use a non-functioning Lou-unit.

RemiusTA
Jun 17, 2009, 09:00 PM
She became a recluse? hoooooooooooooooh so who killed her? No worries I doubt I'll pick up PSU Portable now with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite coming out in a week.

haha you just kind of destroyed the concept of Spoiler tags