PDA

View Full Version : Duo question

Mr. Lion
Jun 14, 2009, 09:27 PM
Ok so I want to start PSU with a friend but I was wondering if I can be a fortetecher and he can be like some sort of melee would it work going through missions just the two of us? What melee class would be good for just 2 people with me being fortetecher? Thanks

RemiusTA
Jun 14, 2009, 09:49 PM
Edit: Oh nevermind LOL, i thought you said "we're both going to be Melee Fortetechers", in which i had a nice little picture of what suicide looks like for you.

Yeah, that idea will work fine. Melee and Ranged classes usually work pretty well together, and its a Plus since Fortetechers can double as Support as well as spread damage.

sikotic_demon
Jun 14, 2009, 09:53 PM
In all truth your friend could be any melee class. Fortefighter is probably the best to start with, they are considdered as the tank of fighters. They have a reasonable selctoin of wepons and are among the highest in health and defense in the game. A couple of other classes that are good are figunner and acrofighter, they are based more on speed and light quick damage wepons. Your friends ability to stay in the fight will depend a lot on your ability to play both the support and attack roles as a techer.

What side will you be playing on 360 or PC/PS2?

Gravagar
Jun 14, 2009, 10:31 PM
Pretty much any melee class other than Wartecher is a good complement for a Fortetecher. Just make sure your friend knows that he should refrain from spamming skills that spread enemies out with knockback, as that makes your job a bit harder. Not saying that he should ban himself from using those altogether, but a lot of your offensive spells depend on closely bunched mobs to deal the most damage.

Also interested on what side you'll be playing on as well.

Edit: To be specific, the only reason Wartecher would not work as well with Fortetecher is that FT nullifies WT's big advantage over other melees; they can cast support spells. Your support spells will be better than his in the end, so he'd be weak enough that it would probably bother him in in comparison to every other melee class's strength.

Mr. Lion
Jun 14, 2009, 10:32 PM
It'll be PS2/PC and thanks for the responses we'll join soon.

Edt: One question though...is fortecher a nuker or the best nuker is the masterforce? Like how much damage am I losing for being a fortetecher rather than a masterforce?

RemiusTA
Jun 14, 2009, 10:47 PM
Masterforce is the nuking class. Fortetechers do it too, its just that masterforces are streamlined for it and get Lv50 Technics.

NDW
Jun 14, 2009, 10:50 PM
Edt: One question though...is fortecher a nuker or the best nuker is the masterforce? Like how much damage am I losing for being a fortetecher rather than a masterforce?

Best nuker would be a Masterforce. The 5th target that MFs get for LV41+ Ra- TECHNICs helps tremendously. If you have LV41+ TECHNICs, a MF should outperform a FT in DPS. In due time, MF will have more TP than FT, therefore making them stronger with TECHNICs no matter what.

Check out this link (http://teitan.inchoativum.net/aoi_level20_stats.html) to see how much of a TP increase MF will be getting to make them stronger than FT.

RemiusTA
Jun 14, 2009, 10:51 PM
20 TP is hardly worth anything unfortunately

Gravagar
Jun 14, 2009, 10:54 PM
Masterforce is the best for offensive teching, but in a duo situation your ability to support makes you more useful.

MF has Lv50 attack techs but Lv10 support.
FT gets Lv40 attack and Lv40 support techs.

I'm not sure if the support makes enough of a difference to cover the gap in FT's stats compared to MF since MF casts all techs faster, but the damage boost your friend will get will mostlikely outshine MF. In the end the difference will be very minute, basically just go for whatever you have the most fun playing.

If you'd like, I can be your guide once you get started. There's an overwhelming amount of content in the game, but not all of it is really worth your time, aside from some of it being so out-of-the-way you might not actually stumble upon it until very late.

NDW
Jun 14, 2009, 11:16 PM
20 TP is hardly worth anything unfortunately

What? If we compare a LV150/20 Female Newman with the new stats:

New* FT TP: 2691
New MF TP: 2770
Old MF TP: 2336

That's a difference of 79. Even if that may be looked upon as still little difference between the two type's TP, the new MF TP is a big jump of 434 TP from the old MF's TP, so that's good. ^^

Note*: The "New" TP value for FT is actually the same TP value of the Old FT.

bay sick
Jun 14, 2009, 11:19 PM
fighmaster or fortefighterr

tadtwisted
Jun 15, 2009, 12:06 AM
my friend started out as a force/hunter duo and you will be able to do 95% of the mission yourselves with no problems, that being said i would start you 2 out as a acrotecher/acrofighter combo that right there is a amazing combo for 2 people as you start to level up then i would go fortetecher/fighgunner or fortefighter. if you use the right skills/techs this game will be a breeze.

P.S. - when i started the game the levels were always on give finder which sucked when it came to getting money away from the fighters who were alwasy close to the mobs

GeekRuler
Jun 15, 2009, 02:36 AM
Protranser works well too. Your friend will lay traps and have a great selection of melee and guns. But, your friend may end up bawing over the fact that they'll die just as fast as you will.
Its a hit or miss class, but I find that all a PT needs is a fortetecher or an acrotecher and the two seem to do well.

darthplagis
Jun 15, 2009, 02:51 AM
yeah i would say protranser or figunner.

protranser does require skill to play well and good gear always helps.

but i dont get the WT hate going on (not necessarily in this thread,but in general on forums and in game), as long as people play the class as it is then its fine, you aint gonna go in all mags blazing with diga and foie when you have a set of twin falclaws now really? they can do offense techs but if you keep to megistar and resta/reverser with the odd giresta when the acrotecher dies :P its all good

biggabertha
Jun 15, 2009, 04:26 AM
Acrofighter would compliment a Fortetecher very nicely - Fortefighter, Fighgunner and Wartecher are also great classes that can take a lot of hits before going down. Essential if your Fortetecher would like to stay back and attack.

To begin with though, I'd highly recommend you to use the Fortetecher (or the force class) to your advantage until the melee character can catch up for damage. Forces deal a tremendous amount of damage for a beginner and even though they're difficult to use later in the game - the slow enemies will help teach you how to aim your attacks.

I go through most of this game with an Acrofighter or a Fortetecher/Masterforce and we can easily cope with the game. I play as a Protranser or a Gunmaster. Any combination works - be sure to have fun..!

Mr. Lion
Jun 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
Got another question heh...the best way to level is to go through missions? Or do I have to keep my sanity in White Beast?

Cause I figured go through all missions would be faster to level than grinding White Beast..

biggabertha
Jun 15, 2009, 12:09 PM
Grinding White Beast is the fastest option as a Gunner.

Sorry, that's the sad truth - but if you want to take your time leveling, by all means, go through all of the different stages that are on offer throughout the Gurhal system.

Parum has relatively easy missions - play through all of the white named missions for an idea of how things were before - play through the yellow ones for faster EXP, MP and (supposedly) better drops.

Start off at Holtes East, go to Mad Creatures, Sleeping Warriors, Plains Overlord, Mad Beasts, (Turn around) Lab Recovery, Crimson Beast then return to Holtes East and do Scarred Planet and finish with Lightning Beasts.

Then go to Holtes West, go to Train Rescue, Endrum Remnants, Dual Sentinel then turn around and do Duel in the Ruins. Then return to Holtes West and enter the AMF mission - once you get to Military Subway, make your way through to Electronic Brain and finally turn around and do SEED Express.

You can do these kinds of planet runs on both Neudaiz and Moatoob.

Have fun..!

stukasa
Jun 15, 2009, 01:06 PM
Don't grind White Beast. PLEASE don't grind White Beast! This game is so much more than one mission, and it's not necessary AT ALL, especially if you've got a friend to play with. I've spent a lot of time duoing and there's hardly any missions two people can't handle. Enjoy the game, don't grind it like it's a chore. There are plenty of missions to play, especially as a low level character, so make the most of it! I recommend playing every mission at least once. Above all, have fun and good luck! :D