PDA

View Full Version : Ranger questions - returning player

Zerrius
Jun 15, 2009, 06:45 PM
I've been away from PSU for a loooong time (when I left they just updated the lvl cap to 70) and am thinking about coming back. I have a few questions about what's changed in regards to gunners, bullets, and rifles so if anyone could answer them it would be much appreciated.

- When I left bullets were really slow to level, especially rifle bullets. I was browsing through the updates on psupedia and noticed that update 051 stated that bullet pa level time was increased by 3x. Is this a permanent change or was it temporary for an event?

- Rifle PP. Rifles basically sucked up PP, especially compared to a shotgun. Going through a decent mission using only rifles took basically an entire pallet worth of rifles. At least 6-8. Has this improved any or do I still need to buy half a dozen+ guns?

- Cost to recharge guns. As stated above, rifles drained really fast. This made recharging them all much more expensive compared to melee or even tech users. Any change here or is a gun using character still the most expensive one to play?

- Is there anywhere that lists out how many hits it takes to level bullets/skills/technics. I couldn't find anything for online mode on psupedia.

- When I left there was a limit on the number of PAs you could learn, I think it was 30. Does this still exist?

Mikura
Jun 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
Rifles are still slow to lvl, but nowhere near the degree they were before. The 3x boost is permanent. PP cost of guns isn't nearly as bad as before if you're a Fortegunner and use a cati/bullet pp save. Gunmaster on the other hand actually has a PP increase with their bullets, but they're also the only gunner class to have access to lvl 50 bullets, so it's a bit of a trade off. Their firing speed is also faster compared to Fortegunner.

Lastly, there's nowhere you can go that would list the number of hits it would take to lvl PAs, so you'll just have to lvl them yourself and see how it goes. But it's really not that bad. We're also getting a temporary event reward this week that will give all PAs a 2x boost in exp gained, so now would be a good time to come back so you could lvl your bullets ASAP.

Also, if you quit when the lvl cap was 70, you should come back since a lot has been added. I don't think we even had the advanced classes at 70...And Fortegunner/Gunmaster is far superior than Ranger ever was. >_>

ab2502
Jun 15, 2009, 07:00 PM
Rifle bullets r still take time to lvl

with a cati / bullet pp save u can use around 2-4 rifles.

instead of using a charger use a photon charge. they r cheaper and they charge the whole weapon.

no there is not(or atleast thet i know of)

skarlett
Jun 16, 2009, 01:30 AM
- When I left bullets were really slow to level, especially rifle bullets. I was browsing through the updates on psupedia and noticed that update 051 stated that bullet pa level time was increased by 3x. Is this a permanent change or was it temporary for an event?

Just like Mikura said. People got used to that x3 leveling rate and it seems slow again, but it is really faster then it was before. Also rifles were rebalanced, they got their att/acc/elemental % boosted and on 31 PA lvl rifles got very nice knockdown effect.

- Rifle PP. Rifles basically sucked up PP, especially compared to a shotgun. Going through a decent mission using only rifles took basically an entire pallet worth of rifles. At least 6-8. Has this improved any or do I still need to buy half a dozen+ guns?

PP isn't a problem anymore. Charges are cheap and moneys are much easier to get then pre-expansion. Only real PP sucker is Killer Shot on Gunmaster, but we live in the age of cheap charges, so it isn't a problem at all. Only reason to have multiple guns now is if you're too lazy to switch bullets on them and rather switch whole weapon.

- Cost to recharge guns. As stated above, rifles drained really fast. This made recharging them all much more expensive compared to melee or even tech users. Any change here or is a gun using character still the most expensive one to play?

Cheap charges, monies are easy to come by. Problem is nonexistent anymore.

- Is there anywhere that lists out how many hits it takes to level bullets/skills/technics. I couldn't find anything for online mode on psupedia.

Nope, there's not.

- When I left there was a limit on the number of PAs you could learn, I think it was 30. Does this still exist?

You can have 36 PA's learned at one time, but you can revert them to disc anytime. Reverted PA's don't lose their level nor exp, you can even trade them between your characters through common box.

I hope this info was useful and welcome back :3

Zerrius
Jun 16, 2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks all for being helpful and answering my questions.