PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, does it really matter what race/class combo you are?

gum_on_shoe
Jun 15, 2009, 11:06 PM
I really want to play as an acrotecher but my two mains are a female cast and beast(I have a newman but she only 25 I haven't been that low in a long time).

Would a beast acrotecher work?

AT seems to use buffs and debuffs which do not depend on you magic abilities. I find the support force role more appealing than the other options so I wounldn't be using atk TECHS anyway. As an AT I would be using mostly Whips,Cars/Maddogs for my damage(and being a beast I do more damage right?) and Wand/maddogs for my force duties.

It looks good on paper.

pinkace
Jun 15, 2009, 11:12 PM
My Female Cast is testing Acrotecher. Level 10 so far and it's ok but I dislike that all the stuff that makes AT special like whips and cards have such low PA levels. It's as if AT is being forced to use techs only. I don't like that one bit :L

PALRAPPYS
Jun 15, 2009, 11:13 PM
Do what you want. Honestly, the worst you could probably do is CAST Masterforce--mainly because MF is already the worst class (not that classes matter themselves really...) and CAST have terrible TP. Everything else works fine though.

ashley50
Jun 15, 2009, 11:16 PM
The ability to change class for a small fee means it doesn't matter anymore.

gum_on_shoe
Jun 15, 2009, 11:16 PM
My Female Cast is testing Acrotecher. Level 10 so far and it's ok but I dislike that all the stuff that makes AT special like whips and cards have such low PA levels. It's as if AT is being forced to use techs only. I don't like that one bit :L

Yeah I find it funny that you can only barly use them.

Do you even get to use the cards with 3 bullets?

darthplagis
Jun 15, 2009, 11:23 PM
the only problem i could see is the low TP for shadoogs, i personally love using shadoogs on an AT.

in a full party just whip buffs out at the start then switch to a wand and shadoog. you heal and reverser away and the mag shoots and kills stuff :) its great.

gum_on_shoe
Jun 15, 2009, 11:27 PM
Can they use s rank?

sovalou
Jun 15, 2009, 11:36 PM
they cannot use S rank shadoogs, however some of the best shadoogs are A rank anyways. And the damage variance between an A rank shadoog and a S rank shadoog is only noticeable by the type of bullet and situation at hand.

unicorn
Jun 16, 2009, 12:17 AM
Honestly, most combos work. Beast Acrotecher is really good. Acrotecher doesn't rely on its techs for damage, so you won't be forced to use them. If you do end up using techs, its usually Diga, Foie, Megid, and sometimes Ratechs. Techs on Acrotecher are only needed in like a quarter of all the missions. Any Acrotecher that uses techs as his/her main form of damage is WEAK. Even Newman/Humans should NOT use techs as their main form of damage. You can get away with it only as AT, GT/WT don't have the TP or the speed of AT, so there is NOO reason why a GT/WT wants to "specialize" in techs. Theres no justifying that techs are stronger than melee (only case where this doesn't apply is FT. Probably if FT had 20 PA caps, and 10% more ATP, then maybe...).

I also think Beast Nanoblast is a good boss killer (for AT/GT/GM. Beast FM/FF/FI/AF/WT/PT all have better options for bosses).

For the most part, you can get away with pretty much anything except CAST MF. And I know, I was was once a CAST MF, but nowadays I switched to CAST WT.

Triple_S
Jun 16, 2009, 12:28 AM
And I know, I was was once a CAST MF, but nowadays I switched to CAST WT.

I know it's a little off-topic, but how is a CAST MF? I plan on making FAILcast one in the future because, well, its about time I really made the "FAIL" in his name really stick out.

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 12:53 AM
I have to agree. You can do whatever you want as long as you try. I personally have 4 characters that I use, but thats just me. Before I use to just use my human for everything. A nice example is my pal who was a beast techer for a short while. It isnt bad as long as you put time into it.

unicorn
Jun 16, 2009, 07:20 AM
I know it's a little off-topic, but how is a CAST MF? I plan on making FAILcast one in the future because, well, its about time I really made the "FAIL" in his name really stick out.

It wasn't THAT bad.... but Masterforce is my main type (the type I use it to hunt things etc), so being a CAST ANNND a Masterforce killed me. I was always poor (missions took too long), and I had no choice but to solo (since no one is ever on PS2/PC servers).

I'd say, if you have a Fighter or Gunner as your money maker, then you don't have much to lose in making a FAILcast, lol. Just level up your techs, and you'll be okay.

BlueMan
Jun 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
It definitely matters to the pros! Honestly, the group of people I play with could care less. Enjoy the game as you want it to be. If you don't like it, just switch.

Gibdozer
Jun 16, 2009, 08:03 PM
I really want to play as an acrotecher but my two mains are a female cast and beast(I have a newman but she only 25 I haven't been that low in a long time).

Would a beast acrotecher work?

AT seems to use buffs and debuffs which do not depend on you magic abilities. I find the support force role more appealing than the other options so I wounldn't be using atk TECHS anyway. As an AT I would be using mostly Whips,Cars/Maddogs for my damage(and being a beast I do more damage right?) and Wand/maddogs for my force duties.

It looks good on paper.

I use my female beast when I play Acrotecher she is fairly solid, but Wartecher is much more ergonomic discipline for them.

I rarely play her as Acro anymore, unless I'm leveling spells or dusting off my S-rank mags. If they would raise the melee to 30 it would probably be my favorite class, but level 20 melee skills are hard to bear for long periods of time.

Lead Hose
Jun 16, 2009, 08:20 PM
So what you guys are trying to tell me is that a Newman F that was a fortefighter or fighgunner wouldn't actually be that bad? Maybe even as a gunner? I want to level her up but magic kind of bores me, not to mention it's pretty hard for me to kill stuff too.

Triple_S
Jun 16, 2009, 08:28 PM
So what you guys are trying to tell me is that a Newman F that was a fortefighter or fighgunner wouldn't actually be that bad? Maybe even as a gunner? I want to level her up but magic kind of bores me, not to mention it's pretty hard for me to kill stuff too.

Even with the low ATP, Newmans have the second best ATA. They do not miss often.

unicorn
Jun 16, 2009, 08:28 PM

Newman FF/FI and especially GM is far more efficient than CAST MF/FT. So yes, it works. I could see Newman Protranser falling behind a little, but traps are SOOO useful, that PTs aren't really used for damage most of the time (in a full party that is).

However, if you wanted optimal damage, CAST would be your pick for any Fighting/Gunner role. But any race can get the job with the same ease (just don't think you'll be the best for Time-Attacks).

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
These games focus on DPS alot, so most people would tell you that no, a F Newman FM/FF wouldn't be a very good idea. Its the class with the heaviest focus on fighting paired with the race with the lowest capacity for it. Its like trying to start a fire with two ice cubes. Not going to work very well.

The thing is, no you wont be "bad". Its just that ANY other sex/race combo with equal equipment is going to do better than you. If you dont care, then go for it. I personally find it fun to be in a party with race/sex/class combos like that. For some reason it just adds so much more flavor. : )

Unless the person was a Beast though, i dont think you'll weep over the differences. I say go for it!

Lead Hose
Jun 16, 2009, 08:45 PM
I have a 151 beast fighter, and 150 cast gunner whichare the ones I normally use. My Newman got to 110 ( thanks to shred the darkness ) and I don't like it as much because it has a difficult time killing stuff. So if what you guys are telling me is true, the next time xbox live comes online, I'm turnin my Newman into a fighgunner. ( never thought I would say that )

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 09:10 PM
I agree with blue man. When the game first came out i was only playing my human, but once I got addicted I began to slowly level other races for advantages with certain classes. Just depends on if you are casual or not really. In reality just to play you can do w/e, but if you are hardcore and want to be "high class" you should invest in other characters.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:30 PM
Race class combos mean nothing; it's how you execute what ear you have. Greater players have the armors to match their weapon pallets. Photon Arts mean nothing unless you know how to execute exact attacks, time them perfectly and know how to get down in them missions. I don't mess with Fortefighter or Fortetecher and up... But every other class, I have them all on my female human, female newman, male cast and male human... And I only use neutral weapons; but the people I run with, they never complain...

pinkace
Jun 16, 2009, 11:07 PM
To the OP: as you can see most people here agree that class/race combos aren't that important. I went thru what you are going when I maxed out all of my Forte/ classes a few weeks ago. I had to swap around and now I have Beast AF, Cast AT, Newman WT and Human FI.

HOWEVER, you only spoke of Beast and Cast characters, so it is pretty irrelevant to bring this up...

but... would the community feel the same if his question was about a Human character? do you guys feel the bonuses are significant?

No :argh: :nono:

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
Bonuses means nothing to me pinkace... I have my s rank units lined up, I have my neutral pallet and all of my bullets are nice... Classes have nothing to do with strategy, unless you're solo'ing missions... And race...

xEndrance
Jun 17, 2009, 12:27 AM
I agree that an AT dosen't matter on race, Personally my AT is a cast just. A beast so more likely because of the extra def in boost or extra def in elements depending on female or male. And since you just buff/debuff you jus have a wand with resta/giresta/reverser and just have a whip and your just with dmg and healing. Overall I would say a beast makes the best AT unless your main foucs is over all dmg then an newmen would work because of the fast casting and the decent level 30 techs =x

Yunfa
Jun 17, 2009, 04:14 AM

Dude, if you can max everything out on that character, you should get an achievement or something. Thats ALOT of work, and you're going to FEEL you're weak as...poo. D:<

Unless you already have a maxed out techer, just switch over the techs. Then even if you're not really pulling your weight in the party, people cant really talk back to you since they'll see that you have all lvl 50 techs. Duuuurrrrrrr

Quatre52
Jun 17, 2009, 08:18 PM
I've never believed there to be any guide lines to what class can do what. I use what race i want, with what class i want, and make it work. its not that hard either way, just go with what you find fun.

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 08:51 PM
I've never believed there to be any guide lines to what class can do what. I use what race i want, with what class i want, and make it work. its not that hard either way, just go with what you find fun.

I like that statement Quatre... Go with what you find fun; if somebody provokes you to change up your plans of gameplay; do not listen to them or party with them ever again. Somebody better not have some wise remarks about me being a male cast as an Acrotecher. I'll bust their heads open...

gum_on_shoe
Jun 17, 2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah I got my AT to 5 today and I did fine.

I only wanted to debuff and I did it fine.

PS.Whips are so much fun.

Triple_S
Jun 17, 2009, 09:20 PM
Somebody better not have some wise remarks about me being a male cast as an Acrotecher. I'll bust their heads open...

Honestly that isn't a bad combination. Given that Acrotecher's main job is support, the magic stats do not matter much. Buffs are based on SE level, Resta heals enough anyways (and another cast or two isn't a big deal if it is needed), Giresta is used as a buff (because it basically is one)... the rest is stats that CASTs excel in. Seems pretty good to me.

Gibdozer
Jun 18, 2009, 09:19 PM
To the OP: as you can see most people here agree that class/race combos aren't that important. I went thru what you are going when I maxed out all of my Forte/ classes a few weeks ago. I had to swap around and now I have Beast AF, Cast AT, Newman WT and Human FI.

HOWEVER, you only spoke of Beast and Cast characters, so it is pretty irrelevant to bring this up...

but... would the community feel the same if his question was about a Human character? do you guys feel the bonuses are significant?

Human is the absolute worst race in the game, if you have played cast or beast human is painfully inadequate.

DreXxiN
Jun 18, 2009, 09:36 PM
Eh...it's not really that big of a deal..

Tsavo
Jun 18, 2009, 10:42 PM

I think the only time the racial bonus might be worth it is on a Human Acro type. If I remember correctly I think a Human AT gets HP approaching that of its Beast counterpart, high ATP and ATA, and a very slight advantage in teching over a Newm AT. That's the only area I can think of though where it might be worth it. Maybe when we get the supplemental update in 2030 I'll have reason to say otherwise.

gum_on_shoe
Jun 19, 2009, 09:26 AM
I've always thoguht that the race bonuses were between 5%-10%?

pinkace
Jun 19, 2009, 09:50 AM
Tsavo, i thought Humans get stat bonus for PT, AF, AT.

biggabertha
Jun 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
For the time being, Cast is just WIN for any situation. Highest racial ATA in the game for melee and ranged attacks. Paradi Cataract for the ultimate attack.

It doesn't matter what Human or Newmen have in terms of TECHNIC damage because melee and ranged damage decimates it on things that matter. Oh sure, a Masterforce can annihilate five small enemies in record time if they aren't lined up for a Gunmaster to deal with but that's really about it.

Beast gets tasty, tasty ATP and for the single move where accuracy doesn't get factored in, they are incredibly powerful with it - they just lack Paradi Cataract.

After the supplemental update, things will change where Human and Newmen will get a little bit more leeway with their customisation and strength but it still won't be enough to compete with Cast or Beast.

It's a nice step in the right direction though.

As nice as the damage dealt by the other three races, I cannot stand the ears or the lines from the other three classes. It REALLY doesn't matter what race/class combo you are because you can still play the game. Some race/class combos get it easier, sure but you just deal with it.

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
For the time being, Cast is just WIN for any situation. Highest racial ATA in the game for melee and ranged attacks. Paradi Cataract for the ultimate attack.

Beast gets tasty, tasty ATP and for the single move where accuracy doesn't get factored in, they are incredibly powerful with it - they just lack Paradi Cataract.

After the supplemental update, things will change where Human and Newmen will get a little bit more leeway with their customisation and strength but it still won't be enough to compete with Cast or Beast.

It's a nice step in the right direction though.

As nice as the damage dealt by the other three races, I cannot stand the ears or the lines from the other three classes. It REALLY doesn't matter what race/class combo you are because you can still play the game. Some race/class combos get it easier, sure but you just deal with it.

http://pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=759&stc=1&d=1245424691

Cast supremacy at its absolute finest, sirs.

Tsavo
Jun 19, 2009, 12:18 PM
Tsavo, i thought Humans get stat bonus for PT, AF, AT.

They do (for Fighgun too I think) but the Acro bonuses seem to be the only worthwhile ones. I think its a 5% boost vs the 3% they get for the others.

Ruru
Jun 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
http://pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=759&stc=1&d=1245424691

Cast supremacy at its absolute finest, sirs.

funny because biggabertha has only 4 humans he plays as. so where are you going with this statement?

he's saying that SEGAC has made casts the "best" race in this game but goes on to say that it doesnt matter and to play what you want. so why are you flaming him?

Magus_84
Jun 19, 2009, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by gum_on_shoe

This is incorrect. Cards get their 3rd bullet at level 11, while AT's cap is 20. So yes, AT gets 3-bullet card shots.

I find human AT works pretty well. Human male AT has the 4th highest ATP score amongst the AT sex/race combinations. It beats female Cast and loses to Male Cast and the Beasts. While having more EVP and TP than either.

EVP's nice for the Just-Countering, since it mainly uses short-animation PAs (Hikai), or PAs that benefit greatly from the increased startup speed off a Just Counter (Vivi Danga's 1st hit). The TP's not all that useful, but on the occasions when Diga's more useful than other AT attacks (say, Mother Brain's arms), it helps.

Human Acros will be far better once the supplemental hits, with its PA cap increases and invincible Just Counter. But they work pretty well now. Most people want them for buffs/heals, and those are pretty much race-independent. The "arguments" are over what you do when you aren't healing/buffing, and AT gets a lot of options to fill that downtime. That generally end with stuff being dead.

Edit: The "human male beats cast female in ATP" thing is incorrect, apparently (according to Amesani's numbers). Yet I distinctly remember there being a level range where Human male wins. May be misremembering. Cast female wins in ATP by between 3 and 6 points as compared to human male, both AT 20, at various points among the level range.

Vickie
Jun 19, 2009, 09:02 PM
yea it does matter but who gives a shit? (Unless YOU do), if u don't, then you shouldn't wanna play with anyone who does anyway, i wouldn't Give a shit if you was in my party as a Cast Masterforce, only those who Cant put out themselves Discriminate.

pinkace
Jun 19, 2009, 10:59 PM
This is incorrect. Cards get their 3rd bullet at level 11, while AT's cap is 20. So yes, AT gets 3-bullet card shots.

i thought it got it at 21...

Sinne
Jun 20, 2009, 07:08 PM
Nope, it's 11. They start with 2, and then get the thrid at 11. Also, it is fun to play what you want, and seriously Everything has it's pros, and cons. Beast AT/AF is amazing. My female beast is 20 at both. She usually is equipped like this Two whips, a dagger, a whip, two wands, and all Tech mags. I have whatever Pa I feel necessary on the weapons. Buffs on the wand/tech mag combo, The other wands has Giresta/Reverser, one tech mag has usually Megid/nos megid (or Diga Ra Diga, or Foie/Rafoie> and the other tech mags are resta/reverser. So, I can basically do it all. Heal, Buff, Tech Damage and melee. I only tech when I need to stay back, or am fighting a mob that is melee range strong and magic weak. I know I'm gonna get yelled at for not mentioning cards, range mags, and the such, but I use them too when I feel like mixing it up. My ship damage is amazing usually 2200-2400 on 5 targets. Dagger, and Saber damage is very nice as well. Our lower stats are the classes high points so are brought to adequate, and the class gets everything else pretty good, and out high stats just play them up a little more. Thats my experienced opinion.