PDA

View Full Version : xbox live

Skippy
Jun 16, 2009, 11:30 AM
i know that there is an update to day but i read it will take UP TO 24Hours....
That means it could be done in 2 seconds or 17hours...

Does anyone know Exactly when they are coming back up???

buzyb77
Jun 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
last one took 28h and was not STABLE for 2 days......

so find other stuff to do

these guys are ADDING hardware and othe BACKEND stuff...for the nest Dashboard update LATER this year

l Zero l
Jun 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
well depends when it starts
then just cont 14 hours lol ^^

Count* 24
lol finger slippedXD

Skippy
Jun 16, 2009, 12:04 PM
sooo whats the Nest Dashboard update?

Itachi1990
Jun 16, 2009, 12:31 PM
Im guessing the NEXT* dashboard update is this http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/marcwhitten.htm the update is preparation for that.

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
I hope LIVE is on when I get home from work...Then again if it is it will probably be a lag fest... ; ;

WhiteKnight01
Jun 16, 2009, 04:31 PM
well i guess this will give me just enough time to get the rolled over achievement in gta4, i just wish i got the lost and damed expansion before the servers went down,

Jungle
Jun 16, 2009, 05:04 PM
glad i got street fighter to fall back on

ab2502
Jun 16, 2009, 05:27 PM
last one took 28h and was not STABLE for 2 days......

so find other stuff to do

these guys are ADDING hardware and othe BACKEND stuff...for the nest Dashboard update LATER this year

??i didnt have any problems after the last update??so i dont know what ur talking bout

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 05:42 PM
To date..... (From my time Eastern Time) The xbox live server has been off for 15 hours and 42 mins........

And just like anything computer related with software/hardware. You may have to do diagnostic to check everything is working smoothly.

Of course thats after there down installing what they have to do.

They say up to 24 hours. But thats just an estimation of course. Its possible something can delay the time. Depending on what they had to do, putting it together could take no longer then a couple of hours. When it comes to a big community online services. When maintenance is done its needed for them to have it perfect or at least close. Which is why it takes up to a day.

With all the things xbox is coming with a day won't kill you :P

XbikXBd
Jun 16, 2009, 05:42 PM
??i didnt have any problems after the last update??so i dont know what ur talking bout

WOW WHERE you? psu was horificly laggy after last update but that was the experence so hopefuly itsc less lagg but i want them on i almost got megid up to 41:-x

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 05:48 PM
Im guessing the NEXT* dashboard update is this http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/marcwhitten.htm the update is preparation for that.

Yea i was thinking that too

I have to admit xbox has been on a roll for the past 2 years :P
They updated the dashboard last year and now this

Good Job Xbox ^_^

MadDogg
Jun 16, 2009, 06:15 PM
To date..... (From my time Eastern Time) The xbox live server has been off for 15 hours and 42 mins........

And just like anything computer related with software/hardware. You may have to do diagnostic to check everything is working smoothly.

Of course thats after there down installing what they have to do.

They say up to 24 hours. But thats just an estimation of course. Its possible something can delay the time. Depending on what they had to do, putting it together could take no longer then a couple of hours. When it comes to a big community online services. When maintenance is done its needed for them to have it perfect or at least close. Which is why it takes up to a day.

With all the things xbox is coming with a day won't kill you :P

That is true, one day shouldn't kill anyone, but man oh man, left4dead is so addicting. Its literally tearing me up in the inside right now I can't get a left4dead game in right now lol. Also just found out like 10 minutes ago that whitill wings is obtainable now, so wanted to hop on PSU to see whats up with that.

Pwincess
Jun 16, 2009, 06:16 PM
At least they aren't doing this on a day that we'll be receiving our rewards.

I look at the cup half full ^_^

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 06:35 PM
At least they aren't doing this on a day that we'll be receiving our rewards.

I look at the cup half full ^_^

I actually would laugh about that XD

Aries2384
Jun 16, 2009, 07:00 PM
Either way... Xbox will come back up when it comes back up. No sense in starting raging flame wars over something that isn't particularly the fault of anyone on this forum.

And really, anyone who says for sure when the servers are coming up needs to be slapped.

Microsoft maybe slightly more reliable than Sega but still... they'll be up when theyre up, people.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 07:05 PM
And really, anyone who says for sure when the servers are coming up needs to be slapped.

>< idk if you was reffering to me but all i was saying was that it would be less then 24 hours,24 hours exactly or more.

Just showgin the multiple possibilities.

I'm just watching TV,online for the time being. Might go out somewhere later :P

Oh for those who are curious (Eastern Time) Xbox Live has been off 17 hours now :P

StuffBadK
Jun 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
Well I've had Phantasy Star 2 to mess around on while the servers have been down. Suprised about how much I like it!

It's about five minutes past one in the morning here, and the servers still aren't up. I seriously hope their up for tomorrow morning, at least 7am!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not really worrying about it...... bsides if its 24 hours exactly then ill be sleep probably...it would be 3AM my time if its 24 hours exactly :P

BlueMan
Jun 16, 2009, 07:12 PM
Been swimming most the day so it really hasn't bothered me..I'm curious as to why it shows what I'm doing on my sig if I'm not signed into LIVE.

StuffBadK
Jun 16, 2009, 07:21 PM
I've given up jamming away on Guitar Hero 3 playing Helicopter. Sat in front of Tv switching between pokerstars.com, rugby and road wars with a tube of texas bbq sauce pringles haha. Someone check this poker out, this dude just won with a two pair, so lucky.

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Either way... Xbox will come back up when it comes back up. No sense in starting raging flame wars over something that isn't particularly the fault of anyone on this forum.

Microsoft maybe slightly more reliable than Sega but still... they'll be up when theyre up, people.

Yeah. I dont remember the last time Microsoft pulled a 4 week account rapefest and ignored the entire playerbase.

Turb0
Jun 16, 2009, 08:24 PM
For those who want more than "they'll be up eventually", there are these pages:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xblops/
http://twitter.com/majornelson

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
I've given up jamming away on Guitar Hero 3 playing Helicopter. Sat in front of Tv switching between pokerstars.com, rugby and road wars with a tube of texas bbq sauce pringles haha. Someone check this poker out, this dude just won with a two pair, so lucky.

DAMN.

Aries2384
Jun 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
>< idk if you was reffering to me but all i was saying was that it would be less then 24 hours,24 hours exactly or more.

Just showgin the multiple possibilities.

I'm just watching TV,online for the time being. Might go out somewhere later :P

Oh for those who are curious (Eastern Time) Xbox Live has been off 17 hours now :P

lol, god no I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I'm just saying that if the servers come back on after 24 hours exactly... I will be flabbergasted. I figure they'll come up early or come up late. Either way, no one can tell and should not speculate on it.

Either way, I'm sure people can find other things to do than wonder about the xbox live servers... like.. make dinner.. clean something.. wonder why their dog smells like a hamster instead of a dog... make stupid responses on Pso-world... play Left4Dead... workout.. and...review micro economics homework to make sure its good shite. All things I've done.. let me assure you, they will keep you occupied for hours.

Oh yes... and try and figure out which 2010 MMO will get me out of PSU.. (Diablo 3 or Final Fantasy XIV Online) Hmm...the choices, the choices...

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
This basically solves everyone's thoughts about this

A lot of questions around why 24 hours? That is a great question, and one I get asked in a lot of forums, even at review time J In truth, that is an important area for us in terms of improvement, and the maintenance we are doing today takes us a number of steps down the path to being able to do this more efficiently in the future. Xbox LIVE is a complex, robust machine, and the business has grown so quickly over its young existence – the prioritization of what to work on in terms of stuff that makes the service more fun vs. stuff that keeps it running is always difficult at best. We have a super exciting year ahead with a whole bunch of cool stuff coming that will make us users even more happy, while feeding our friendly machine at the same time.

ab2502
Jun 16, 2009, 08:58 PM
This basically solves everyone's thoughts about this

A lot of questions around why 24 hours? That is a great question, and one I get asked in a lot of forums, even at review time J In truth, that is an important area for us in terms of improvement, and the maintenance we are doing today takes us a number of steps down the path to being able to do this more efficiently in the future. Xbox LIVE is a complex, robust machine, and the business has grown so quickly over its young existence – the prioritization of what to work on in terms of stuff that makes the service more fun vs. stuff that keeps it running is always difficult at best. We have a super exciting year ahead with a whole bunch of cool stuff coming that will make us users even more happy, while feeding our friendly machine at the same time.

i cant look to the future when they are SOOOO greedy. My xbox has brocken 5 times and now it wont read the discs so i have to open and close the disc tray for ten minutes for it to work.since my warenty ended they wont fix it unless i pay $120 to fix a peice of crap that will break again.I realy have no respect for the company at all.i have bin a xbox fan but my ps3 hasnt broke since it came out.sorrry xbox but u fail:-?

RemiusTA
Jun 17, 2009, 01:30 AM
i cant look to the future when they are SOOOO greedy. My xbox has brocken 5 times and now it wont read the discs so i have to open and close the disc tray for ten minutes for it to work.since my warenty ended they wont fix it unless i pay $120 to fix a peice of crap that will break again.I realy have no respect for the company at all.i have bin a xbox fan but my ps3 hasnt broke since it came out.sorrry xbox but u fail:-?

look to ebay plz

I bought my 360 refurbished (controller, HD av component cables, wireless controller, 20gig harddrive, pretty much perfect condition) for $162. no problems yet.

And if not, you could always get an Ebay repair job done? They run you like $20 and the people who give them oddly enough have in the high 90% feedback range.

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 01:44 AM
im pretty much positive it will take over 24 hours..

seeming how theres on 20 minutes left in their "24 hour time set"

tadtwisted
Jun 17, 2009, 02:03 AM
im pretty much positive it will take over 24 hours..

seeming how theres on 20 minutes left in their "24 hour time set"

its back up

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 02:40 AM
its back up

i see that.