PDA

View Full Version : EFFIN 360.

unicorn
Jun 16, 2009, 09:03 PM
Went through another Xbox 360.

And I dont wanna call Microsoft because thats a waste of time.

Anyone know how to sell off 360s? I'm thinking of just getting a PS3 (since I don't even play games on my 360. I only have like two games).

DreXxiN
Jun 16, 2009, 09:04 PM
What do you mean "Went through another" ?

You mean it Red Ring'd? I don't know if anyone wants to buy a RROD 360, man. =P. (I WAS interested in getting a 360 at some point, but figured I might as well wait for the next generation of consoles)

unicorn
Jun 16, 2009, 09:08 PM
I won a free 360 from a raffle thing a couple years ago. But I won it with a red ring of death. And the warranty was expired.

So I bought another one. And now it effed it.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 16, 2009, 09:12 PM
I won a free 360
Hurf.

amtalx
Jun 17, 2009, 12:06 AM
If you're just going to part it out, you wont get much from it. Whoever you sell it to is probably just going to repair it and sell it off. You are probably better off just getting it fixed (considering its free...) and selling it afterward.

Kent
Jun 17, 2009, 01:39 AM
As it turns out, you don't actually have to call them to get a repair box sent to you, you can just use the website (once it comes back up from maintenance).

And it's, you know, free.

Solstis
Jun 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
My dad recently (few months ago) sent in his 1st-gen RROD'ed 360. It was past warranty. They sent him a new one.

I think the warranty thing is just there to scare away people that can't read fine print. If you fill out the proper form and take it to UPS, they'll replace it.

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 17, 2009, 11:19 AM
Went through another Xbox 360.

And I dont wanna call Microsoft because thats a waste of time.

Anyone know how to sell off 360s? I'm thinking of just getting a PS3 (since I don't even play games on my 360. I only have like two games).

ok ok getting a ps3 is just being stupid.

Leviathan
Jun 17, 2009, 11:37 AM

Different people, different opinions.

amtalx
Jun 17, 2009, 01:09 PM

no wai. xblox is 4 gulrs, halo sux

Tetsaru
Jun 17, 2009, 05:47 PM
Lol what have I been saying? I, to this day, REFUSE to buy a 360 for this reason.

My PS3, on the other hand, hasn't had any problems yet. :3

/inb4consolewar

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2009, 07:21 PM
Lol what have I been saying? I, to this day, REFUSE to buy a 360 for this reason.

My PS3, on the other hand, hasn't had any problems yet. :3

/inb4consolewar
u shut up ps3 is for stoopid ppl like u so stfu lol

360 rulezz!!

unicorn
Jun 17, 2009, 08:45 PM
What sucks is that Microsoft is the only people who can fix it. And most of the time, they have terrible customer service. I absolutely HATE calling them for assistance.

"Is it plugged the right way?"
"Yes"
"Did you plug it like the instructions say on the website and in your manual"
"YEES."
"Did you unplug it and replug it"
"YES YOU MORON BUT WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT DO!? I HAVE RED RING DUMBASS."

Its ridiculous. Its almost like Microsoft does this on purpose because they don't want any outside companies repairing their stuff. But really, its a fucking hassle. I never had to go through any BS like this, its JUST a video game console, I shouldnt have to call and give out serial numbers, emails, and all this other shit. I should be able to take it to Best Buy, EB games, any console repair place and have no problem.

Kent
Jun 17, 2009, 09:31 PM
Wait...

...You refuse to get a 360, because Microsoft will repair/refurbish/replace it if things go wrong outside of user stupidity?

What sucks is that Microsoft is the only people who can fix it. And most of the time, they have terrible customer service. I absolutely HATE calling them for assistance.

"Is it plugged the right way?"
"Yes"
"Did you plug it like the instructions say on the website and in your manual"
"YEES."
"Did you unplug it and replug it"
"YES YOU MORON BUT WHAT GOOD WOULD THAT DO!? I HAVE RED RING DUMBASS."

Its ridiculous. Its almost like Microsoft does this on purpose because they don't want any outside companies repairing their stuff. But really, its a fucking hassle. I never had to go through any BS like this, its JUST a video game console, I shouldnt have to call and give out serial numbers, emails, and all this other shit. I should be able to take it to Best Buy, EB games, any console repair place and have no problem.
...Like I mentioned before, you can skip the part about having to call someone by just going to the website and doing it there - it's easy and hassle-free, and you don't have to deal with people who can't speak english.

In fact, their hotline specifically encourages that people request repairs online.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2009, 01:00 AM
I thought Tetsaru hated the fanboys, but I guess that goes without saying.

By the way, I'm not a fanboy. I don't have Halo, Call of Duty, Or Gears of War, so obviously I'm not.

BUT THAT MAKES ME CASUAL, RIGHT? :wacko:

McLaughlin
Jun 18, 2009, 01:54 AM
I should enshrine my 360. I think it's the only one to ever not red light. Except for all the others that haven't. But those don't count.

Tetsaru
Jun 18, 2009, 02:25 AM
Wait...

...You refuse to get a 360, because Microsoft will repair/refurbish/replace it if things go wrong outside of user stupidity?

...Like I mentioned before, you can skip the part about having to call someone by just going to the website and doing it there - it's easy and hassle-free, and you don't have to deal with people who can't speak english.

In fact, their hotline specifically encourages that people request repairs online.

My point is, a console that you spend several hundred dollars on should not break down with such a great frequency that forces you to do so anyway... imo, that's just a marketing ploy. If I drop $200+ on a new gaming console, I expect it to continue to work AT LEAST until the next generation of its kind is released. So far, I have yet to see a Nintendo console fail on me (other than an NES and an original Game Boy that were owned by other people and weren't taken care of), and I've only had one Sony console fail on me, which was an old PS1 in which the lens stopped reading discs (I heard they were kinda faulty anyway). As for some of Sega's consoles (lol), I constantly had game reading and graphical problems with my Genesis + Sega CD + 32X combination. Go figure... -_-;

And Nitro_Vordex: I don't really hate fanboys, per se; I just hate to see my old favorite gaming companies ruining great franchises... just like Sega is doing with the Phantasy Star and Sonic series, and what Nintendo has been doing with shovelware Wii titles, though if E3 was any indication, hopefully they're listening to their hardcore playerbase again... something I have yet to see Sega do... >_<

Now, if someone invited me to play something like Halo 3 on their Xbox360... sure, I'd play with them. I'd most likely get my ass handed to me, but from what little Halo games I've played, I've enjoyed most of the gameplay and storyline. Also, if someone randomly GAVE me a brand new Xbox360 console out of the blue... I might try a few games on it, I've seen my friend play Fable 2 and I'm well aware that the 360 has some awesome games. And who knows - it might not give me any problems whatsoever... but I'm not the kind of person who likes to take big risks, and I STILL would not buy one of my own just to see it crash on me later on.

Granted though, I can enjoy a good game regardless of what console it's on. People still play stuff like the original Super Mario Bros., for crying out loud - that's gotta tell you something.