PDA

View Full Version : Is the market dead?

Mikura
Jun 16, 2009, 09:33 PM
It used to be I could sell off rares within a few days, and no longer than a week most of the time. But now, I've had a few rares up in my shop for nearly a month with hardly any sells at all. My prices are fair and I generally tend to keep them either at or below the competition. So are people just not buying as many rares as they used to or what? It's just disheartening to be sitting on all this potential cash and just seeing it rot. This is on PC/PS2 btw, so maybe the low population has something to do with it?

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 09:34 PM
No I did notice that they like you to go significantly cheaper then the next person though...managed to make 15 mil off of the most random stuff in like an hour.

ab2502
Jun 16, 2009, 09:48 PM
u have to sell cheaper or it wont sell.if u dont lower ur prices u wont sell anything

Mikura
Jun 16, 2009, 09:56 PM
It used to be I could sell off rares within a few days, and no longer than a week most of the time. But now, I've had a few rares up in my shop for nearly a month with hardly any sells at all. My prices are fair and I generally tend to keep them either at or below the competition. So are people just not buying as many rares as they used to or what? It's just disheartening to be sitting on all this potential cash and just seeing it rot. This is on PC/PS2 btw, so maybe the low population has something to do with it?

I do sell them cheaper generally. But at the same time, do I have to practically give them away just to get anyone to buy? Because that's the vibe I'm getting. -_-

Ranmo
Jun 16, 2009, 09:59 PM
Lol I think the same way most of the time. Just make it so that the price is noticable. If you want the cash fast dont hesitate to lower it a lot. I do it every blue moon. Otherwise put it at a decent price and wait a day or two.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm thinking about selling my 21% Fire Agito Repca 3/7 for 10 million; cause the market is in shambles. But then again, I want to use it to trade for a neutral one... I hope I get a board out of this Innocent Girl mission so I can be pleased with the next neutral addition. After getting that Twin Falclaw Neutral; I've never been so happy...

Mikura
Jun 16, 2009, 10:12 PM
I suppose I'll have to. I can wait about a week, but the rate they've been selling now, it's just ridiculous. I just wanted to know why it seems so much harder to sell things at a reasonable price now, but all I can chalk it up to is population and the amount of common rares circulating in the game. The demand on everything seems to have dropped considerably, outside of the old stand-bys like Agito Repcas or Carruguine-Rucars.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:18 PM
The demand is so low it's ridiculous... I hate hunting for Carriguine Blades; it's the lamest thing ever... But when I saw how the Ank Butis went down reasonably over time, it just seems like less and less people have started to play. So prices have been dropping everywhere and I sell some items for 111 just to help people out. But I'm a nice player honestly, some items shouldn't be priced below 5 million, some shouldn't be priced more than 30K... But opinions are opinions...

Mikura
Jun 16, 2009, 10:23 PM
The demand is so low it's ridiculous... I hate hunting for Carriguine Blades; it's the lamest thing ever... But when I saw how the Ank Butis went down reasonably over time, it just seems like less and less people have started to play. So prices have been dropping everywhere and I sell some items for 111 just to help people out. But I'm a nice player honestly, some items shouldn't be priced below 5 million, some shouldn't be priced more than 30K... But opinions are opinions...

It seems to me like the days of making a quick buck off a rare drop have gone away now. About the only steady way I know of now to make meseta is selling materials. But farming them is boring as hell, and most of the materials I need for myself anyway for weapon/armor synthing. It's just making meseta more difficult to earn than it used to be. Or rather, more time consuming.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:27 PM
It will be like that, you just have to meet the right people. Some guys have a lot of stuff and will give it away to the right people. You just gotta meet the right people... It's a lot easier if you have friends to help you out on getting things. I wouldn't have gotten my Igg Crown if it wasn't for two of the greatest people I have met on the game. A buddy who needed Carriguine Blades got them from me, even though I was dying to synth them myself. But when you make a good connection with somebody, you can trade a Moatoob Collectible for Twin Falclaws... You can trade 10K for a 12* tech weapon... Give somebody a Diad; they'll give you somethings and I mean somethings of equal or greater value. Speaking of Diad, I need to hit up Protranser and get myself to White Beast...

Jay_O
Jun 16, 2009, 10:32 PM
I don't know If i'm the first from the 360 version, but for real, I've been trying to sell a 20% dark 2/10 repca for 40m for a week... the only other dark repcas i've seen being spammed at white beast and sold in shops are 2/2 and 3/3's, and sum 6/6's, and their all going for a STACK. If I'm trying to sell items, about 50% off half the time, atleast 25% off, ALL other prices in shops, and they won't sell... I just don't get it... I say SEGA comes in, stacks of meseta in hand, and buys all our crud, so we all have money. AND we get a stack stimulus package for buying purposes :)
C'mon SEGA! Obama finally did something right for me! Do the same!

Mikura
Jun 16, 2009, 10:34 PM
It will be like that, you just have to meet the right people. Some guys have a lot of stuff and will give it away to the right people. You just gotta meet the right people... It's a lot easier if you have friends to help you out on getting things. I wouldn't have gotten my Igg Crown if it wasn't for two of the greatest people I have met on the game. A buddy who needed Carriguine Blades got them from me, even though I was dying to synth them myself. But when you make a good connection with somebody, you can trade a Moatoob Collectible for Twin Falclaws... You can trade 10K for a 12* tech weapon... Give somebody a Diad; they'll give you somethings and I mean somethings of equal or greater value. Speaking of Diad, I need to hit up Protranser and get myself to White Beast...

That really isn't my problem though. I do have friends that help me out with a lot of things, and I try to do the same in return when I can. Equipment wise, I'm satisfied with where I am at. I just need....meseta. Plain and simple. lol And it's not like I'm bad about making it either. But I tend to spend it often to make up for bad synth results, or when my friends can't pull through for me. So I'm usually low on it. Most of the time, I'm able to bounce back relatively quick, but these past 2 months have been an exception to that.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
How much meseta are you used to running aroun with?

Jay_O
Jun 16, 2009, 10:40 PM
Meh, I'm used to 10mil... That won't even buy me a Trimate anymore... WHY OH WHY DO MMORPG'S MIRROR ECONOMIES OF THE REAL WORLD?

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:46 PM
LOL, I'm used to having enough to fill my weapons after a mission...

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 16, 2009, 10:46 PM
Nobody buys my crap even though I sell it for cheap. Everybody wants this newfangled Igg Crown and Guardians Formal. I'm waiting until the market dies down for the GF to get one. Until then Reimu is Flaxo-licious!

Jay_O
Jun 16, 2009, 10:50 PM
Oi, if you need to fill your weapons and ur on the 360 version i would be happy to drop you a few mil. but if ur left on the ps2 server... idk... can't u guys like hack ur way to items in that game neways? or was that pso..

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
Nobody buys my crap even though I sell it for cheap. Everybody wants this newfangled Igg Crown and Guardians Formal. I'm waiting until the market dies down for the GF to get one. Until then Reimu is Flaxo-licious!

At first, I didn't think that Innocent Girl was really hitting on anything till I checked out the drop map. Now I can't stop running it, especially with it being so Guntecher friendly. My favorite class; hella nice drops and I might be able to acquire a Pushan or two out of it... Igg Crowns come and go, but the outfit really isn't that snazzy, I got one for one of my chick characters. She will wear it whenever I feel like it. But I could've went with out the Igg Crown a few more weeks. But somebody insisted and now one of my ffriends wants 3 Igg Crowns. He better be glad I'm generous, Calsetes if you see this, you know I love you... But everyone is basing the Igg Crown around 70-99 Million Meseta. Kind of outrageous for a silly item that gets you an outfit that does nothing for your in mission prowess... And if someone can find some stat boosting evidence, then Igg Crown is worth 70-99 Million...

Yeah, people can hack... But it's not wise to do so unless there's some way to get around and I hope no one tries to get me into that fad. Cause I didn't work hard on so many accounts for one of them to get closed down...

Aeris
Jun 16, 2009, 10:57 PM
Oi, if you need to fill your weapons and ur on the 360 version i would be happy to drop you a few mil. but if ur left on the ps2 server... idk... can't u guys like hack ur way to items in that game neways? or was that pso..

Lol, why even hack on the game, makes the game more boring than hunting for your items.

Jay_O
Jun 16, 2009, 10:59 PM
ooo. ok. Btw, you know in the next event the Igg crown is going to be dropping like candy right? That's why it was listed as an item necessary. sega may be off tangent on a few things, but linking up item use and events is usually one of their strong suits.

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
It's all good Jay O, I didn't give my Shigga Pakuda up for an Igg Crown so I'm happy. I'm glad you gave me that news, I'm about to mail that buddy that needs three.

Jay_O
Jun 16, 2009, 11:11 PM
Happy to be of servitude. i mean.. service.. sorry, so used to responding to my girlfriend :p

roardova lengths
Jun 16, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wow, you have to talk like to your girl friend? Do you enjoy talking like that?

Mikura
Jun 17, 2009, 12:47 AM
How much meseta are you used to running aroun with?

Got tied up earlier so couldn't respond immediately, but usually about 15-20 mil-ish. But I have had up to 50 mil+ on a few occasions. To be honest, anything below 20 mil, I start feeling a little poor. I got enough to get by, but I always like to have a lot of money to make up for the bad luck I'm likely to come across in this game. Like one of my friends says, if you don't have luck with something, make your own luck. Which is just another way of saying if you can't find it or make it yourself, buy it. lol

gratefulgriz
Jun 17, 2009, 01:03 AM
i just spent 1/2 of my savings at players shops yesterday, you know on things ya just want to try out!

Phaesphora
Jun 17, 2009, 01:28 AM
It used to be I could sell off rares within a few days, and no longer than a week most of the time. But now, I've had a few rares up in my shop for nearly a month with hardly any sells at all. My prices are fair and I generally tend to keep them either at or below the competition.
I have the same problem with melee and tech weapons in my shop 360-side. Line Shields and synth materials generally sell pretty quickly, but I've had decent (5/10+, 30%+), fairly-priced ★11 - ★13 weapons on the shelves for up to 8 weeks. Personally, I'm not too bothered if they don't sell, but I won't drop my prices. The game provides plenty of meseta through playing of missions, enough so that I can wait for someone to pay what those items are worth.

Yunfa
Jun 17, 2009, 04:03 AM
This is on PC/PS2 btw, so maybe the low population has something to do with it?

Sorry to hear that OP, but what can you do if you're playing on the server with only roughly 100+ people?

People say the market is dead, but there are still people on the 360 side getting away with selling the 6* Shotgun for 300k+ in their shops. New players don't know better, and it's not like meseta is hard with a few White Beast runs. (sorry if you're one of those people who used this niche...suck it up LOL!)

Tell you what, buy an x-box 360, get PSU and i'll give you 25mill to start off. Not a bad deal eh?

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 02:51 PM
Got tied up earlier so couldn't respond immediately, but usually about 15-20 mil-ish. But I have had up to 50 mil+ on a few occasions. To be honest, anything below 20 mil, I start feeling a little poor. I got enough to get by, but I always like to have a lot of money to make up for the bad luck I'm likely to come across in this game. Like one of my friends says, if you don't have luck with something, make your own luck. Which is just another way of saying if you can't find it or make it yourself, buy it. lol

LOL, wait till you have less than 1K in your pocket and then you can feel poor. That's not enough to refill a GM's PP after a mission... But I feel your pain, if I'm under one million, I start taunting people in the lobby for no reason lol...

Ruru
Jun 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
ooo. ok. Btw, you know in the next event the Igg crown is going to be dropping like candy right? That's why it was listed as an item necessary. sega may be off tangent on a few things, but linking up item use and events is usually one of their strong suits.

err this isnt true at all. igg crowns will be dropping in MAG+ but they wont be dropping like candy. (does candy even drop? who came up with this stupid saying anyway? since when does candy drop?) the drop rate on igg crown will be about the same as twin ruby bullet supposedly and that wasnt dropping alot.

and mik my shop was full before i left and it probably still is D: it was like that for a while i couldnt put anything else up and i still have so much left to sell lol. i wonder if anything has sold. err i doubt it since you usually have to log in after updates for your shop to pop back up on the list.

i dont think it's a population thing. and no PC/PS2 side does not have only 100-ish people.. there are at least 800-1000+ >.>; or so people still on PC/PS2 side. (even though thats still not saying much) i'll chalk it up to rares being too easy to find now, that and it's more productive and less hurt on your purse to go and hunt for the stuff you want these days than it used to be.

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 04:18 PM
When I played MAG, I got about 14 Twin Ruby Bullets. Didn't want any and I gave them away basically free cause they weren't worth anything to me...

Ruru
Jun 17, 2009, 04:20 PM
When I played MAG, I got about 14 Ruby Bullets. Didn't want any and I gave them away basically free cause they weren't worth anything to me...

ruby bullets and twin ruby bullets arent the same thing >.>

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 04:29 PM
ruby bullets and twin ruby bullets arent the same thing >.>

Sorry sweet heart, I meant 14 Twin Ruby Bullets; but like I said; didn't think they were worth anything so it comes out when I type anything about them. Meaning, both Ruby Bullets & Twin Ruby Bullets are worthless...

biggabertha
Jun 17, 2009, 04:53 PM
usually about 15-20 mil-ish. But I have had up to 50 mil+ on a few occasions. To be honest, anything below 20 mil, I start feeling a little poor.

*Cries!!*

I managed about 60 million then blew it all on magic beans..!

Nah, seriously... I can't remember what I sold at all to make that but I know I just spent it on synth materials, synth materials, synth materials. Then I went: "Sod it, I can just buy some of these things" and WALLA!! All my money gone.

So um... I'm poor again but since I've always had more or less 200k, I've managed. Most missions allow me to break even so I rarely need money. My MINIONS BUDDIES hunt for the stuff I want..!

Ruru
Jun 17, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry sweet heart, I meant 14 Twin Ruby Bullets; but like I said; didn't think they were worth anything so it comes out when I type anything about them. Meaning, both Ruby Bullets & Twin Ruby Bullets are worthless...

well regardless if they were worthless to you or not. i'm talking about the rarity of them. and while your case may differ. most of the people i know on PC/PS2 side didnt find alot if any. i found two total in the hundreds of runs i did during MAG. a friend of mine found none, another friend found only one, and most of my other friends found anywhere from 0 - 3.

also you talk about being broke but you "gave away" 14 twin ruby bullets? those were going for easily over 10mil during MAG. you could have made upwards of 140mil.

l Zero l
Jun 17, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah everything is going down in price i used to hate it bc i had to buy it
but now i want to sell items of how much i bought them for not cheaper:0

>.>""

Mikura
Jun 17, 2009, 05:26 PM
well regardless if they were worthless to you or not. i'm talking about the rarity of them. and while your case may differ. most of the people i know on PC/PS2 side didnt find alot if any. i found two total in the hundreds of runs i did during MAG. a friend of mine found none, another friend found only one, and most of my other friends found anywhere from 0 - 3.

also you talk about being broke but you "gave away" 14 twin ruby bullets? those were going for easily over 10mil during MAG. you could have made upwards of 140mil.

I concur. I saw very few twin ruby bullets drop during MAG...maybe 4 or 5 tops. And only one went to me. Thankfully, I had some friends donate theirs to me since I wanted a few more for grinding purposes.

But yeah, to the person who offered me 25 mil to switch to the 360? No thanks. ;p It's tiny, but I like the PC/PS2 community. And besides, I don't even own a 360. ^^

roardova lengths
Jun 17, 2009, 06:32 PM

Look sweet heart, I said I got 14 Twin Ruby Bullets during my runs in MAG and that was on my previous account. When I bring all four of my characters within 3/4 of the level cap; I create a new account soon after. Since it's that case again, I might as well retire Ms Bravery, Praema Tessic Elg, Resedious Don & Roardova Lengths... I know the rarity of the Trin Ruby Bullets; which I never talked about cause I always think certain people have better chances of getting certain items versus other players. A base rarity for every character on the account. I notice I get more crystals with my female characters than my males. And I get more weapon drops with my male cast than my other characters. Rarity differentiates between all things. It's not my fault I got 14 worthless items and gave them all away for free. And made up a new account where I didn't care about Twin Ruby Bullets to begin with, once again... Besides, it's not like I need money to get my Kubara make guns anyway... ^_^

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 17, 2009, 10:23 PM
Aside from everyone wasting money on Igg Crowns and Guardian's Tags I'm sure the market will re-establish itself. The G-Formal is sorta like the week before Christmas and everyone is freaking out and rushing to get one. Its only a matter of time before people start buying stuff from me. Until then I'll just hang in my room singing "A Whole New World". Why? Because it makes me feel good. Like "Disney" sorta good. So shut up!

A whole new wooooooooooooorld! A wonderful point of view! Do do do do doo dooooo!

Calsetes
Jun 17, 2009, 11:59 PM
But somebody insisted and now one of my ffriends wants 3 Igg Crowns. He better be glad I'm generous, Calsetes if you see this, you know I love you... But everyone is basing the Igg Crown around 70-99 Million Meseta. Kind of outrageous for a silly item that gets you an outfit that does nothing for your in mission prowess... And if someone can find some stat boosting evidence, then Igg Crown is worth 70-99 Million...

Yeah, I know. The three of them is a pipe dream for me, but just one would be enough. I'm still working on getting you those Agito Edges so you can (hopefully eventually) make your Repca.

roardova lengths
Jun 18, 2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I know. The three of them is a pipe dream for me, but just one would be enough. I'm still working on getting you those Agito Edges so you can (hopefully eventually) make your Repca.

To all hoez that witness this statement, Calsetes will get his Igg Crown collection...

lostinseganet
Jun 20, 2009, 08:43 PM
This is a recession ya know. People can not afford your asking prices :)