PDA

View Full Version : PSU June 19 update...no maintenance

Ezodagrom
Jun 17, 2009, 05:15 AM
Looks like we're not getting the remaining rewards this friday...

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=303

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fxbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp%2fn ews%2fwis%2f%3fmode%3dview%26id%3d303

No maintenance...>_>;

Prince_Medion
Jun 17, 2009, 05:31 AM
Ok......now im peed off! My first reaction was: OFFS! (you know what i mean). That'll force me to renew when i'm a bit short this month, next week ill be all on my own at home so ill have plenty of time to kill.....but without something interesting to do on psu now....

GGGRRRRRR!!!!

Neith
Jun 17, 2009, 06:58 AM
Called it. The subtle wording last update indicated we wouldn't receive any rewards until the next update (not the next week, as many were hoping).

Guess I'll keep hunting an Igg Crown :disapprove:

PhdChristmas
Jun 17, 2009, 07:49 AM
theyre waiting for our current subscriptions to run down. Especially the semi-annual rates.

ashley50
Jun 17, 2009, 09:20 AM
hahaha...

I wonder what kind of replies I'll read later today :P

Ezodagrom
Jun 17, 2009, 09:28 AM
hahaha...

I wonder what kind of replies I'll read later today :P
Something like...this? :wacko:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ml9he.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9545/segac.jpg

Tulio07
Jun 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
there's almost never an update 2 weeks in a row anymore. This is nothing to be upset or surprised over.

ashley50
Jun 17, 2009, 09:34 AM
[spoiler-box]
Something like...this? :wacko:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ml9he.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9545/segac.jpg[/spoiler-box]
ah yes...the good ol' "no update this week" comic :wacko:

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
Oh well, I guess that means I can fool around some more on Prototype. Ezo where did you get that PSO pic from?

l Zero l
Jun 17, 2009, 10:23 AM
yea this sucks>.> Some of my friends were banned any1 know about that??

Ezodagrom
Jun 17, 2009, 10:27 AM
Oh well, I guess that means I can fool around some more on Prototype. Ezo where did you get that PSO pic from?
From here:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=283836&page=3
2nd post. ^^;

TheAlphaMale
Jun 17, 2009, 10:30 AM
I'm glad there's no update, I'm out of town and wouldn't be able to play anyhow. So, I'll just have to wait it out and play the update when I'm back by my 360.

Ethateral
Jun 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm glad there won't be, as I'll be out of town next week. And watch, that Friday I leave, we'll get our rewards. >__> OH well.

Fhin
Jun 17, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hmm means for me more melee PA lvling and wait to lvl buffs for next week. ^.^

buzyb77
Jun 17, 2009, 11:15 AM
Really WTF

SEGAC I gave a benefit of a doubt that they did not give rewards due to the Xbox Live downtime on Tuesday to be nice.....

But WTF JAPAN is getting almost WEEKLY updates and we do go just to get a moron to hit a few key stokes once a month.......

WTF there are no holidays or anything to get in the way....

SEGA the Best way NOT to do a MMO

Volcompat321
Jun 17, 2009, 11:19 AM
I'm actually mad, but not mad, cause they never told us we were getting the rest of em this week. They just told us "at a later date". I'm mad cause I was expecting the rewards, maybe I shouldn't have done that.

autumn
Jun 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
Helpful tip for enjoying PSU: Do not expect anything that way you can't be let down ^_-b

Sayara
Jun 17, 2009, 11:26 AM
Or be 60000 updates behind.

Oh boy! a S-Rank'ed dagger??!

Volcompat321
Jun 17, 2009, 11:47 AM
Helpful tip for enjoying PSU: Do not expect anything that way you can't be let down ^_-b

That's true, but with the first half of the rewards coming quicker than anyone expected (since we all thought we would be disappointed by SEGA holding it back a few weeks more) So I thought it was okay to think SEGA might do some good and give us some grind boost...(that's all I care about aside from 3* to help with grind boost).

Or be 60000 updates behind.

Oh boy! a S-Rank'ed dagger??!

lol

Sayara
Jun 17, 2009, 11:54 AM
No really, I just got some trinkets from MAG. (A Ruby Bullet) I need to gather my zonespheres together to get electric items from that collectionmission.

Volcompat321
Jun 17, 2009, 12:34 PM
Ohh haha grats?

Darius_Drake
Jun 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
I never expected it this week. I can't remember last time we had content updates two weeks in a row. At earliest I figured we would possibly get it on the 29th. So I can't say that this news disappoints me for that very reason.

Alecc
Jun 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
lol. it figures. so segac-like. :(

Tulio07
Jun 17, 2009, 04:07 PM
they never even said that we would be getting anything this week. Why are you all upset?

stinkyfish97
Jun 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
I never expected it as well. I figured they would do one big update around the holiday. Jaggo Sonichi's. Bear claws anyone? I mean 3* luck for three weeks along with the Jaggos should make people pretty happy no? So next week I expect we will see our rewards in conjuncture with sonics birthday on june 23rd. Just a guess though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
Well, June 23 is...next tuesday.
So this year Sonic will have a late birthday on PSU...>_>;

stinkyfish97
Jun 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
looks that way.

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
thats cute..

"hey lets just procrastinate for a month after the event so every ones subscription runs out and they have to pay for another month!"

"yay more money for segac to blow on a new air conditioner!"

and of course we all will pay because we want this update.

Mikura
Jun 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
More PA lvling I guess to prepare for the update...Less I gotta work on when it comes, the sooner I can max everything out during the event. I really want to synth my weapons though. I've been holding onto a lot of S rank boards just for the rewards.

Tetsaru
Jun 17, 2009, 05:38 PM
Fuck this shit... why don't we just wait for Duke Nukem Forever to come out? Oh wait - THEY GOT SUED FOR NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE, DIDN'T THEY!?

Overlord Zenon
Jun 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
Well if your going to cry over it, i'd suggest look at sega of america's history and loko at the bad choices all the presidents made eg "NO RPGS for saturn, no one likes them in america" its not sonic team's fault ultimately they can only do what the head guy at the top allows them to do, where as the sega of japan side seems to do things more smoothly, of course with any game, its impossible to please everyone i just play the game, thats all there is to it, updates or not.

Tsavo
Jun 17, 2009, 06:21 PM
SURPRISE!

ashley50
Jun 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
NO UPDATE...SURPRISE!
Fixed

pikachief
Jun 17, 2009, 06:48 PM
oh its the week between updates again is it?

u know kinda like its been for like 2+ years.... but this week its different! D: This week its..... PERSONAL :O

:)

RemiusTA
Jun 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
http://pso-world.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=758&stc=1&d=1245289437

I just paid my subscription for the first month of my PS2/PC --> 360 Transition.

Amazingly, i enjoy the 360 version about 5x as much as the PC/PS2 version. (actually about 20x, because 90% of my gameplay was on the punk ass PS2)

Im enjoying PSU again....leave it to sega THEMSELVES to fuck it all up.

Alpha001
Jun 17, 2009, 09:17 PM
so we gonna lose more time with our good rewards

Dragwind
Jun 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
so we gonna lose more time with our good rewards

We don't lose any time. The actual reward time starts when the reward period starts.

Alpha001
Jun 17, 2009, 09:23 PM
We don't lose any time. The actual reward time starts when the reward period starts.

oh thats good to know

Macras
Jun 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm still dumbfounded that people are miffed over something we ALL should expect by now...

Unit D79
Jun 17, 2009, 10:19 PM
hey look at the bright side. at least we can all beat the crap out of sonic next week for delaying our updates :)

Alpha001
Jun 17, 2009, 10:28 PM
yea and say "happy late B-day sonic!"

euromyne
Jun 17, 2009, 10:31 PM
a lot of you need to take a chill pill

HyperShot-X-
Jun 18, 2009, 12:23 AM
here's something to think about after you've calmed down a bit:
do you really think delayed content update is the main reason that kills PSU for so many ppl? then explain JP population fall over time when they have been getting regular updates frequently.

Volcompat321
Jun 18, 2009, 12:27 AM
|_________________________________________________ ______________|-JP population
|_|-US/EU pc/ps2-population

|_________________________________________________ _______________|-Their updates
|_|-Ours.

HyperShot-X-
Jun 18, 2009, 12:32 AM
^ not the actual size but the fluctuation of population over time rather

Volcompat321
Jun 18, 2009, 12:33 AM
I have never lied. It's what it's at.
I love SEGA, but c'mon, is there any good reason to not give it to us?
I swear they either hate Americans, or hate US/EU PSU.

RemiusTA
Jun 18, 2009, 12:54 AM
Or they just suck at what they do

HyperShot-X-
Jun 18, 2009, 12:57 AM
your diagram doesn't mean anything much and certainly is not what i asked for.
Weekly update is not common on our server, no need for any reason.
Why so much hate and not make much sense?

gratefulgriz
Jun 18, 2009, 01:03 AM
cause we pay 10 dollars a month for content

HyperShot-X-
Jun 18, 2009, 01:10 AM
yes we all pay $10 for the whole month, not just for a week with no update.

Wild4music
Jun 18, 2009, 01:13 AM
|_________________________________________________ ______________|-JP population
|_|-US/EU pc/ps2-population

|_________________________________________________ _______________|-Their updates
|_|-Ours.

XD at this

Tetsaru
Jun 18, 2009, 01:43 AM
your diagram doesn't mean anything much and certainly is not what i asked for.
Weekly update is not common on our server, no need for any reason.
Why so much hate and not make much sense?

The fact that there's not enough endgame challenges to do, no balancing of races or classes, most missions are either too easy or too cheaply OP'd, and that there's still content missing FROM THE ORIGINAL OFFLINE GAME doesn't make sense to me.

Remember these?

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/game_more_ride01.png

So far we've only gotten the Floaders, and that was for PART of ONE EVENT MISSION.

Also, I've been waiting for THIS forever:

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1547/5563-m.jpg

Yeah, that stupid lolibot can wield it, but I can't? Does that make any fucking sense at all!?

Add to the fact that:

1 - All of the servers should've been merged FROM THE BEGINNING so that everyone could play together without a difference or discrimination of content

2 - Because of the lack of the above, we are CONTINUOUSLY falling behind Japan

3 - Sega apparently doesn't advertise or listen to its consumer base

4 - Guardian's Cash is going to discourage even more people from playing if it ever makes it over here (even Japanese players have quit over this)

5 - Sonic the Hedgehog is now running around with a sword and turning into a lameass excuse of a werewolf (seriously, Sega? SERIOUSLY!? What happened to the Sonic 3 + Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure 2 goodness that I used to love??)

...and you're OKAY with all this!? Do you ENJOY conforming to such low standards and mediocrity?? Dude, if I ever got the chance to meet the guy responsible for all this bullshit, I would continuously punch him in the face - THAT'S how furious I am at Sega/Sonic Team right now.

Wild4music
Jun 18, 2009, 02:00 AM
The fact that there's not enough endgame challenges to do, no balancing of races or classes, most missions are either too easy or too cheaply OP'd, and that there's still content missing FROM THE ORIGINAL OFFLINE GAME doesn't make sense to me.

Remember these?

So far we've only gotten the Floaders, and that was for PART of ONE EVENT MISSION.

Yeah, that stupid lolibot can wield it, but I can't? Does that make any fucking sense at all!?

Add to the fact that:

1 - All of the servers should've been merged FROM THE BEGINNING so that everyone could play together without a difference or discrimination of content

4 - Guardian's Cash is going to discourage even more people from playing if it ever makes it over here (even Japanese players have quit over this)

5 - Sonic the Hedgehog is now running around with a sword and turning into a lameass excuse of a werewolf (seriously, Sega? SERIOUSLY!? What happened to the Sonic 3 + Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure 2 goodness that I used to love??)

...and you're OKAY with all this!? Do you ENJOY conforming to such low standards and mediocrity?? Dude, if I ever got the chance to meet the guy responsible for all this bullshit, I would continuously punch him in the face - THAT'S how furious I am at Sega/Sonic Team right now.

Amen to that....

HyperShot-X-
Jun 18, 2009, 02:30 AM
^how's all that relevant to the question I asked about delayed content update and its effect on population? I didn't ask your personal opinion on how unhappy you are with the state of PSU is in general, and if you think I did then you are in serious condition I'm afraid.
Yo, just forget about those chill pills, I suggest you need some anger mgmnt and professional help asap, srsly.

Halcyote
Jun 18, 2009, 02:52 AM
I'm still dumbfounded that people are miffed over something we ALL should expect by now...
Freaking, seriously.

Tetsaru
Jun 18, 2009, 03:02 AM
^how's all that relevant to the question I asked about delayed content update and its effect on population? I didn't ask your personal opinion on how unhappy you are with the state of PSU is in general, and if you think I did then you are in serious condition I'm afraid.

Well pardon me for misinterpreting your question, but my point is still valid:

People play games to have fun stuff to do and entertain themselves with. Online games such as PSU must constantly be updated for issues such as gameplay balance and new content to keep said people entertained with the game. Sometimes, however, these updates are:

1 - announced, but not implemented until a much later date, thus keeping the playerbase waiting and anxious (such as now with our StD bonuses)

2 - implemented on schedule, but end up bugging or imbalancing the game in some way, thus leading to emergency maintenance and sometimes rollbacks (examples would be the original release of the "Groll" items; or increasing the level cap further when enemies in most missions are already easy enough to defeat in solo play, and laughable in full parties)

3 - implemented on schedule and work properly, but fail to keep the playerbase entertained with the game. Currently, this is what happened to me with Innocent Girl (the mission's "challenge" involves a bunch of traps cheaply killing you regardless of what equipment you use) and the increased level cap (see my above reasons).

To answer your original question, the most likely reason why the Japanese population is diminishing on PSU is due to the implementation of the Guardians' Cash system, forcing players to pay EVEN MORE (on top of Sega's already lackluster service, even though this IS Japan we're talking about here) PER RUN of these new missions for a CHANCE of receiving unique items that are otherwise unobtainable. Apparently, these added fees are discouraging and alienating members of the Japanese playerbase who most likely enjoyed the series, but are now pissed that they have to go through this bullshit to get their old favorite items back that were in previous games, like PSO. And especially with the global economy as it is (and Sega trying to make a quick buck as always), many players simply cannot afford to pay these extra fees, and thus are forced to stop playing the game at this point because they have already gone through the other parts of the game, and are now no longer entertained... JUST LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DOING ON OUR SERVERS.

TL;DR version:

GUARDIANS CASH FUCKING SUCKS!!! THE LACK OF GOOD UPDATES ALSO FUCKING SUCKS!!! It's been obvious all along!!! >X(

...now, does that answer your question? :3

@ Macras: We're "miffed" because nothing is being done about it. That TOO should also be apparent by now...

@ Hypershot-X's additional comment: Please don't give me that anger management bullshit; if you've got a problem with my attitude, you can PM me if you feel like making a big deal about it. I think you'd be upset too if there was nothing you could do to fix a problem such as this, especially when you grew up playing games like this, like I did. <_>;

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2009, 03:26 AM
The JP population been getting lower for quite some time now.
In their case, they have lvl 180 players fighting lvl 140 - 160 enemies (yay, Dual Sentinel S3 with lvl 140 enemies and lvl 145 De Ragnus...seriously?). With such a lvl cap, in my opinion they should already have lvl 200+ enemies (there's just no fun when the enemies are pathetically weak).
Basically, JP is getting updates slowly, US/EU is getting updates several times slower than JP. That's what I think is one of the reasons for the population getting lower in both versions.

MaRayearth
Jun 18, 2009, 07:08 AM
erm... itīs always at least 2 weeks before thereīs an update... so itīs pretty obvious that there wouldn't be one today

Unit D79
Jun 18, 2009, 07:57 AM
this leads me to wonder... how would this game be, if it was developed by bioware or bethesda or some other kickass rpg developer?

redroses
Jun 18, 2009, 08:38 AM

Remember these?

Add to the fact that:

This right here! Everything Tetsaru says here is very right and true. If the servers have merged from the start, not only wouldn't we be behind and cared less about, BUT the whole sonic team management wouldn't have so much to do, and could have concentrated on even more cool content.

I also have always thought, it would have been much better if we would get one update a month, but with huge amounts of content!
The problem we have when getting new content is that it's mostly one mission, for two/three weeks. All the players play the mission to death and it gets boring. But if we would get about 6-7 missions at a time many more people would want to come and try them out. And the players wouldnt have to concentrate on one mission but could spread out and have something to choose from. But this will never happen D=

And Sonic, is the perfect example that Sega, more Sonic Team doesn't listen to theirs fans. NOBODY wants to see Sonic with a sword in his hand. and NOBODY wants to play a Shadow the Hedgehog game, were Shadow is so "badass" it's unholy. All they Sonic fans I know, would like games in the style of Sonic adventure. Let Sonic have is SPEED BACK! And let other characters, like Tails, Knuckles, Big etc. have different style missions. Please no more weird useless sidekicks. No weird extra hogs like Silver. No stupid rpg style power ups. No weird and no sense making new transformations. AND NOOOO WEAPONS!

RemiusTA
Jun 18, 2009, 10:32 AM
Yo, just forget about those chill pills, I suggest you need some anger mgmnt and professional help asap, srsly.

The frequency at which you defend segac's constant fuckups is pretty astounding.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 18, 2009, 01:00 PM
My suggestion to anyone fed up with how SEGA is running PSU (in 3 easy steps):

1. Stop paying for PSU
2. Stop playing PSU
3. Stop posting here

Riviera
Jun 18, 2009, 01:53 PM
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/RivieraKrall/aww.jpg
D:

Aewyn
Jun 18, 2009, 02:12 PM
Something like...this? :wacko:http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9545/segac.jpgI can't help but notice you took the image I made as a troll of 'Segac' shouters without crediting me. :V Thanks to Espio for telling me someone else used it though.

stukasa
Jun 18, 2009, 02:41 PM
*notices that an update thread about no maintenance has 63 replies*
*reads thread full of drama and complaining*
*facepalms*
*walks out of thread*

dexter_safe
Jun 18, 2009, 03:38 PM
sonic unleashed wasn't that bad, wasn't great either but meh,
i don't really think they care that much for psu, how many play in peak hours like 500-1000 ppl??

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2009, 03:51 PM
I can't help but notice you took the image I made as a troll of 'Segac' shouters without crediting me. :V Thanks to Espio for telling me someone else used it though.
I kinda did, but not in that same page...^^;
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165542&page=2

Ezo where did you get that PSO pic from?

From here:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=283836&page=3
2nd post. ^^;
But the topic I was linking there is not accessible anymore, the topic where you originally posted that pic...x_x

AfromenEntertainment
Jun 19, 2009, 02:06 AM
ok its 3am est, and there is still no update? I thought the double pa exp was suppose to be this week...were's it at?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 19, 2009, 02:12 AM
Let me introduce you to a very useful website.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com

No update is listed, because there was none today. There wasn't even any maintenance.

_garnet
Jun 19, 2009, 04:27 AM
Don't be a douchebag. He's probably aware the official site exists if he uh, made it here. It was supposed to happen today as far as I know. That's probably what he's upset about, so uh, thanks for your help.

redroses
Jun 19, 2009, 05:16 AM
The update was never supposed to happen today. That is just what everybody assumed and wanted and the players themself made it official eventhough it was never stated from an official source that we would get it this week.

Neith
Jun 19, 2009, 06:09 AM
It was actually stated there'd be no maintenance this week, so I don't know why everyone seemed to assume we'd have the STD rewards this week. They'll likely be added with the next content update (possibly next week).

Oniyoru
Jun 19, 2009, 06:17 AM
Hello, GUARDIANS!

Some news & announcements:

- There is a change to this week's updates. The rewards for Shred the Darkness are now being split between two updates. This means that the item rewards will be distributed this week, and the other bonuses (photon fortune, PA experience, synthing, etc.) will be part of the update following this one. For those who are upset/frustrated over the delay/confusion in announcing this change, I do apologize.

The rest of this week's update (increased level cap, item exchange mission, Innocent Girl) remain the same.

- Good news! These bonuses will now extend for three weeks (instead of two). Additionally, we will be making another exciting announcement around this time, concerning updates for this summer

Stay tuned for more news!
I think the "following this one" may sounded "next week" to ppl
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=283038

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
oh rats we dont get the rewards of STD

At least we're still healthy

OldCoot
Jun 19, 2009, 01:22 PM
The JP population been getting lower for quite some time now.
In their case, they have lvl 180 players fighting lvl 140 - 160 enemies (yay, Dual Sentinel S3 with lvl 140 enemies and lvl 145 De Ragnus...seriously?). With such a lvl cap, in my opinion they should already have lvl 200+ enemies (there's just no fun when the enemies are pathetically weak).
Basically, JP is getting updates slowly, US/EU is getting updates several times slower than JP. That's what I think is one of the reasons for the population getting lower in both versions.

I want to thank you for the information. I am bored at the moment being any S2 is easy and almost soloable in a short about of time. Some runs will tax even a 160 but I was thinking, "Where are the S3 missions? " With your information what I feel now isn't going to change at all. Even if we got S3 in 6 months what is the point then?

I think a lot of folks need to cancel their GL and wait like a year and then come back. That way there is not the long wait. I however might just hang it up for good since JP is not getting decent updates other than stuff that tries to get more money from the players. I just don't think there will be a game over the long run seeing many committed players I know leaving. The only answer from Sega is to throw monsters at us who hit so hard they can one shot; one bad move and the mission is over. This does not add to a challange either.

I also got a rare board and having a 9% chance to fail and it failed. I kind of wonder why I am breaking trees for mats when I don't have a board to make them with? I was kind of excited to get something new knowing the drop rate would take me another 200 kills at least to see something and for it to fail? Nothing new I know that, but it is just so clear on a choice of action at this point.

Oniyoru
Jun 20, 2009, 11:20 AM
That's the bad part of PSU.
In PSO we needed more party than PSU. It was harder n needed more teamwork.
Now...well >.>...the last hard time I had was during Shred from Darkness when I just hit 100 n went S2 without a healer i.i

Ezodagrom
Jun 20, 2009, 05:30 PM
I want to thank you for the information. I am bored at the moment being any S2 is easy and almost soloable in a short about of time. Some runs will tax even a 160 but I was thinking, "Where are the S3 missions? " With your information what I feel now isn't going to change at all. Even if we got S3 in 6 months what is the point then?

I think a lot of folks need to cancel their GL and wait like a year and then come back. That way there is not the long wait. I however might just hang it up for good since JP is not getting decent updates other than stuff that tries to get more money from the players. I just don't think there will be a game over the long run seeing many committed players I know leaving. The only answer from Sega is to throw monsters at us who hit so hard they can one shot; one bad move and the mission is over. This does not add to a challange either.
Instead of making enemies one hit kill us, there's one thing that could make missions a bit more fun, and would make players need to party more.
Increasing the number of enemies in higher difficulty missions. xD
I think it could be really fun fighting a group of like...12 Go Vahras or 6 Svaltus...O:
But something like that is never gonna happen. ;_;

Anyway...the first group of S3 missions will be released with the next GBR, Moatoob GBR (on JP it was released after the 2nd anniversary event). The missions are Desert Terror, Desert Goliath (this one might be interesting), Stolen Weapon and Rogues' Shortcut.