PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the wickedest burn I have ever received

CupOfCoffee
Jun 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
Long story short, some wiener peeled the registration stickers off my license plate. You know, those '08, '09 things. I noticed yesterday when I was walking back to my car that there was a bright orange sliver of the '07 one laid over what remained of the '06 one. Both of which, I feel I should mention, are not the currently required '09 one.

I was first told that it costs about $70 to get replacement stickers, so I was understandably a bit nonplussed with the whole situation, and my stupid vanity plates (I won't tell you what they say since there could be creepers lurking about this site, but it's a well-known and funny expression that obviously attracted the attention of some douche bag). However, I just looked on the DMV website and it says you can apply via email for free replacement stickers. I guess I'll do that instead.

Still, what a ridiculously easy way to wickedly burn someone for no reason. They should really make those stickers somehow harder to pull off.

Vanzazikon
Jun 17, 2009, 01:50 PM
I usually cut them diagonally like the UK's flag with a box cutter knife, that way, it's much harder to rip them off, plus you have to pull all four parts off. I don't think anybody is going to steal them like that.

Rasputin
Jun 17, 2009, 02:05 PM
Well, judging by your use of the word wicked, I'd say that the thief isn't totally unjustified in his decision to bypass the wait in line to BUY his own tags.

Ceresa
Jun 17, 2009, 02:07 PM
All the cool states have stickers you put on the inside of your windshield.

You should move.

EphekZ
Jun 19, 2009, 04:23 PM
If it makes you feel better, doing that is a federal offense. So if a Cop checks his tags on the car, he'll be fucked.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 19, 2009, 06:38 PM
I usually cut them diagonally like the UK's flag with a box cutter knife, that way, it's much harder to rip them off, plus you have to pull all four parts off. I don't think anybody is going to steal them like that.

This.

Was your vanity plate "O RLY"? :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2009, 07:14 PM
It was "DBL MGT".