PDA

View Full Version : guys who make female characters

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
is it right? or wrong?

guys making a female PSU charector or multiple females..

Anduril
Jun 17, 2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, no. Not this can of worms again.
I guess I'll reiterate my two cents from all past threads on this. As long as the guy isn't pretending to be a girl (outside of role-playing with friends) in order to get stuff, I don't see the problem. I have 3 female characters, but I never pretend I'm a girl(although I typically have a gender neutral way of typing in the game), and if anyone ever asks, I'm honest enough and tell them I'm a guy. Plus, there's the whole I-would-rather-be-staring-at-a-digital-female-backside-than-a-male-one-for-hours-on-end thing.

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
lol. i guess that works.

and i didnt bother looking through past threads so i didnt know some one already posted..
just came to mind.

and i was thinking bout making a girl charector just because it'd be different but i thought people would think its wierd.. so i dunno.

Anduril
Jun 17, 2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, most girl characters tend to be guys, for various reasons. In a game like this it tends to be pretty normal.

Uncle_bob
Jun 17, 2009, 05:28 PM
NO WAY BRAH IT'S TOTALLY GAY

TOTALLY

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
God forbid I wanna stare at a woman's ass for a few hours.

Rasputin
Jun 17, 2009, 05:34 PM
I do it to play dress up.

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 05:34 PM
lol see alot of people think its wierd..
but on the other hand alot of guys do it.

not only that but dont girls have some advantage of guy charectors?

VanHalen
Jun 17, 2009, 05:40 PM
Sometimes I like to be pretty :3

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 05:45 PM

lmao.

biggabertha
Jun 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Girls look better
Girls smile better
Girls deal with pain better

In PSU though:

Girls get an extra hit with Twin Claws.
Girls have more Stamina.
Girls have a LOT of good clothes/parts.

What's wrong with role-playing as something you aren't/can't be in real life..?

CupOfCoffee
Jun 17, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'm a beast in real life, so I only make beasts in the game.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
i was gonna make a beast and i realized 2 things.

1. I hated the ways males look in PSU.

2. I realized HEY! you can make people BIG in this game ^^

And thus Kitty was born lol People liked Kitty a lot so my 2 other characters followed the trend and i made 2 other large girl characters :)

so pretty much, idk i dont make male fleshies cuz i think they're all ugly lol

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 06:05 PM
ehh i was thinking about making a girl human.. but i dunno.
protranser maybe?

:-?

Ranmo
Jun 17, 2009, 06:06 PM
I don't mind it. Especially sense there are stat differences. I always go half. so i have 2 and 2. One of my friends made 1 female newman for "stat reasons" I like to make fun of him for that. In all reality it doesnt matter as long as you dont pretend to be a girl...like one kid i knew...horrible...so horrible...he even sounded like one...

Sayara
Jun 17, 2009, 06:18 PM
I like curves.

THats precisely why

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
hah i guess it would be different :-?

Rust
Jun 17, 2009, 06:44 PM
When I get given the opportunity, I always go for the most inhuman/monstrous type of characters in RPGs/fighting games/etc...
That doesn't make me a weirdo for all tha- oh, wait...

Vanzazikon
Jun 17, 2009, 07:07 PM
I don't mind if a guy makes female characters, don't really care if he's acting like one. Having said that, I hardly choose or play female characters. It's not that I think it's "gay" or weird. Usually when I make characters, I picture them as me or a part of me, expecially in role-playing. When I make a female character, I can't connect myself to her and it just feels weird. I'd only make them just to goof around or in PSO; to make rare mags that male characters cannot, I'd usually delete them after that.

Girls deal with pain betterUnless it's a nail.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 17, 2009, 07:26 PM
Well, I have some Pso guy chars. Gasp! The horror!

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Lance813
Jun 17, 2009, 08:09 PM
I have characters of both genders on many games.

The best part of having a girl character is when young boys come up to and tell you that "you're pretty..." and then explaining that "I'm a guy."

Then they walk away, pretending like it never happened.

joefro
Jun 17, 2009, 08:25 PM
I'm fine with guys making female characters, I had one on PSU. I only have a problem with the ones that take it to the extreme, such as: girlish rooms, cyber boyfriends and/or preset girl-talk.

Rust
Jun 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
The best part of having a girl character is when young boys come up to and tell you that "you're pretty..." and then explaining that "I'm a guy."

I know what you mean.

[spoiler-box]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2536/psu20080724033930000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

furrypaws
Jun 17, 2009, 08:35 PM
I started making female characters for the stats on PSO, then I recreated them in other games. Thus my female characters. Shalo's the main one, and Furry's the main guy.

unicorn
Jun 17, 2009, 08:37 PM
Its not wrong or even right. It just is.

However, it bugs me when guys play girl characters and put a faux feminine persona. And they won't deny that they're males either. So thats why it bugs me.

And if you ask me who does this, I'll name a list of players that regularly go on these boards too. =P

Kylie
Jun 17, 2009, 08:44 PM
No, it's not unless the guy is pretending to be a girl or mocking them by acting "cute" or whatever. Seriously, I've known some people that slightly offended me because every time they get on a female character, their personality changes entirely, and it's like... "Cut it out, please!" But no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy playing female characters or a girl playing male characters (I do from time to time).

Anduril
Jun 17, 2009, 08:49 PM
I have characters of both genders on many games.

I just had something like this happen last week, except the guy tried to play it off and continue the conversation in a really awkward manner. It went something like this:

Guy: Hi, what's up?
Me: Nothing much. And Yourself?
Guy: I'm just looking at a pretty girl.
Me: I'm flattered you like my character design, but I'm a guy.
Guy: OH. lol.
Me: Yeah, I get that sometimes.
Guy: So how would you recommend finding a gf on this game?
Me: First off, ask if they are a guy. I'm serious.
etc.

Kent
Jun 17, 2009, 09:26 PM
There is nothing inherently wrong with playing a female character - especially if there are specific gameplay differences that may suit your style better (example: attack animations and stats differed in PSO between male and female characters). In cases like that, it's actually good to do so, if it suits your play style and makes you enjoy the game more.

There are some people who think it's wrong, by virtue, to play as a character of a sex differing from one's own. These people also miss out on great experiences like Super Metroid, and should be pitied as such.

bay sick
Jun 17, 2009, 09:38 PM
I just had something like this happen last week, except the guy tried to play it off and continue the conversation in a really awkward manner. It went something like this:

Guy: Hi, what's up?
Me: Nothing much. And Yourself?
Guy: I'm just looking at a pretty girl.
Me: I'm flattered you like my character design, but I'm a guy.
Guy: OH. lol.
Me: Yeah, I get that sometimes.
Guy: So how would you recommend finding a gf on this game?
Me: First off, ask if they are a guy. I'm serious.
etc.

hah desprite people..

the only reason why i dont make girl charectors is because:

1) guys try hitting on me:dead:
2) people would think im wierd.
3) dont know any one else who does.
4) andd uh yahh..

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2009, 12:58 AM
I like curves.

THats precisely why
You must like jagged edges as well then.

hah desprite people..

the only reason why i dont make girl charectors is because:

1) guys try hitting on me:dead:
2) people would think im wierd.
3) dont know any one else who does.
4) andd uh yahh..
1)Don't act like a girl.
2)You're on the internet, no one cares.
3)Really?
4)Dun think so brah.

Powder Keg
Jun 18, 2009, 07:20 AM
I always have at least one female character out of four (PSO/PSU etc) just for the variety, and since most male animations/clothes/looks are the same, so I mix it up. I'm not fond of the reactions I get when using female characters, though..

One thing I don't understand is guys using female names on a message board. I know some people just use their main character name but I just find it a little strange to go by a different gender's name as a board alias either way.

Unit D79
Jun 18, 2009, 08:20 AM
just remember if you do make a girl, it has to fall in the accepted rules of psu. which means you have to make a sluttly loli character. im serious, when the hell was the last time you DIDNT see one of those running around?

Sayara
Jun 18, 2009, 08:46 AM
About any time i played.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Snoopychan/psu20090605_103240_002.jpg
why do you ask?

Outrider
Jun 18, 2009, 09:27 AM
There are some people who think it's wrong, by virtue, to play as a character of a sex differing from one's own. These people also miss out on great experiences like Super Metroid, and should be pitied as such.

Yeah, but I kind of feel like those kinds of people A) Wouldn't know that Samus is actually a girl, and B) probably think the main character's name is "Metroid."

amtalx
Jun 18, 2009, 09:47 AM
I generally only make female characters when there is a statistical advantage. I don't have a problem with it though. Its a game, play however you want. However, I have known a few guys to play female avatars to masquerade as women just to get free items. That is really irritating.

Weeaboolits
Jun 18, 2009, 09:56 AM
People worry about this sort of thing too much, also, I find it kind of funny how people will approach you just because your character is pretty, 'cause I'm totally a blue-haired girl with pointy ears in real life.

Lance813
Jun 18, 2009, 10:27 AM
cause I'm totally a blue-haired girl with pointy ears in real life.

<.<

...Yeah. Actually no, The first female character I ever made was a HUney on PSO that had the same character design as my avatar. (I miss her.. Corruption sucks.)

unicorn
Jun 18, 2009, 10:31 AM
One thing I don't understand is guys using female names on a message board. I know some people just use their main character name but I just find it a little strange to go by a different gender's name as a board alias either way.

I know people on THESE boards who do that too.

And of course its not gay, right? >_>

Aisha379
Jun 18, 2009, 11:54 AM

:<

Personally, I've always used my main characters name on the forums to get trades together easier. Since in the past I pretty much only used the forums for trading.

Omocha
Jun 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
I don't mind if a guy makes female characters, don't really care if he's acting like one. Having said that, I hardly choose or play female characters. It's not that I think it's "gay" or weird. Usually when I make characters, I picture them as me or a part of me, expecially in role-playing. When I make a female character, I can't connect myself to her and it just feels weird. I'd only make them just to goof around or in PSO; to make rare mags that male characters cannot, I'd usually delete them after that.

Unless it's a nail.

I agree with this (from a female stand point). Although my boyfriend makes female characters, I would never make a male character because I would never find any connection with him. It wouldn't be a sufficient roleplaying experience in that regard. I would feel more like I was playing someone else's character, or borrowing the character.

Ranmo
Jun 18, 2009, 01:40 PM
i knew a husband and wife where the husband played a f human named little girl and the wife had a m human named dude...

bay sick
Jun 18, 2009, 03:33 PM
lol. thats kinda funny.

autumn
Jun 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'm a girl in RL who plays a male character, is that weird? :wacko:

darkante
Jun 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
I think the basic reason most guys choose female characters is to have something too look at.
The amount of didication might drive you nuts otherwise. :wacko:

I admit that too.

But i do have 2 of both genders to make it less stale.

Thalui89
Jun 18, 2009, 07:18 PM
So long as they don't mislead people then people should be allowed to play w/e they want. A guy playinga female char is no worse than a woman playing a male char. I mean people seem to ahve no issues about using female characters that they didnt make so why all the fuss?

Its a ROLE playing game.

DreXxiN
Jun 18, 2009, 08:11 PM
So long as they don't mislead people then people should be allowed to play w/e they want. A guy playinga female char is no worse than a woman playing a male char. I mean people seem to ahve no issues about using female characters that they didnt make so why all the fuss?

Its a ROLE playing game.

If you want to be technical and use that for justification, 95% of everything gaming is ROLE-PLAYING, wherein you're playing the role of a specific character that's given to you or you create.

Also, apparently in China it's illegal to play opposite-sex characters on MMORPG's. Isn't that something? XD

Zyrusticae
Jun 18, 2009, 10:33 PM
My perspective:

Um, I'm a transsexual. >_>

Maiku-san
Jun 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
Also, apparently in China it's illegal to play opposite-sex characters on MMORPG's. Isn't that something? XD

Now that's something. O~O;

I always have 2 gender characters usually in MMORPG's. (I'm totally male, fo sha!)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 18, 2009, 11:10 PM
Cuts down on the code on code action, keeps little codes from running rampant.

NO WAY BRAH IT'S TOTALLY GAY

TOTALLY
COMPLETELY GAY

darkante
Jun 19, 2009, 12:34 AM

Teh hell. I thought the makers wanted money. O.O

Kent
Jun 19, 2009, 02:03 AM
I remember hearing about some MMO running in China, that required a valid ID and photo verification via webcam, before you could make a character.

CrimsomWolf
Jun 19, 2009, 02:28 AM
I like curves.

THats precisely why

That.
And the usual, if-I-have-to-stare-into-ass-for-hours-it-can-be-at-least-female-ass.

Most RPG characters (or whenever you get character creation option) I ever made were female. I never got hit on in MMORPG though...

Thalui89
Jun 19, 2009, 11:48 AM
If you want to be technical and use that for justification, 95% of everything gaming is ROLE-PLAYING, wherein you're playing the role of a specific character that's given to you or you create.

Hence why making a char of the opposite sex isn't wrong...

As for china, I cant really comment, just because one country has made it illegal doesn't mean its wrong. Its perfectly legal in the UK so long as you don't try and steal someones identity doing it >.>.... Isn't that something? :P

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
Then again, it is China, so no one cares.

Taiwan ftw.

DreXxiN
Jun 19, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hence why making a char of the opposite sex isn't wrong...

As for china, I cant really comment, just because one country has made it illegal doesn't mean its wrong. Its perfectly legal in the UK so long as you don't try and steal someones identity doing it >.>.... Isn't that something? :P

Er...I don't...exactly....remember trying to say...that..it was wrong...but alright...

And also, LOL at Nitro-Vortex's "You must like jagged edges then, too." comment. Epic, and so true.

MattyNator26
Aug 27, 2009, 10:23 PM
i dont see any problems with female characters being played by guys...in the demo i took it too far, but i realized what i did and stopped. how did i take it too far you ask? i made a female gamertag for my female character...if anyone remembers the demo character: Kayla/ Da/ Goth being played on gamertag: kaylanator10, that was me...but i realized how wrong that was and stopped playing on that tag, even though i still used a female character on my main gamertag: mattynator26...but that one was just for fun. bottom line: as long as you DONT take it that far, i dont see any harm in playing on a female character if your a guy or on a male character if your a girl.

kskott
Sep 3, 2009, 04:20 AM
My (male) roommate uses female characters about 75% of the time. He's taken it pretty far, creating a female persona for when people as about him in real life. That happens rarely though. I think he's a bit self-conscious about what people would say if they knew he was male (though he doesn't mind his friends knowing). He retains the same characteristics of speech that he uses on a day-to-day basis out in the real world, which seems surprisingly feminine online while being masculine offline. He likes some of the social perks of being female; besides the random gifted items people don't usually hound him for not buffing/healing/whatever they expect him to do. I really don't mind it, and I used it to my advantage. Whenever we're in a party and someone recommends splitting up I say he's my girlfriend and we won't be separated.

As for me, I almost always play male characters because I feel connected with them, as others have stated. I don't mind the hours of male backside, as my attention is usually on the things in front of the character, like what I'm supposed to be shooting at. First time I made a female character was for Crystal Chronicles. The character selection screen seemed so empty it made me feel like my single male character was lonely, so I made a whole group of characters that I hardly used, just to fill up the caravan and the town. Other than that, the only females I have made were created because I was fairly bored with my main character and wanted to see what the female clothing was like.

Tsenta
Sep 3, 2009, 05:31 AM
Well I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they aren't taking it to an extreme level. Making female accounts just to get free items would be one of those lame extremes. Don't forget transgendered or intergendered individuals, who more feel female than what they may be classified as on medical standards. Honestly, who're we to judge?

Burnsro
Sep 3, 2009, 09:33 AM
Well I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they aren't taking it to an extreme level. Making female accounts just to get free items would be one of those lame extremes. Don't forget transgendered or intergendered individuals, who more feel female than what they may be classified as on medical standards. Honestly, who're we to judge?

Trans-sex individuals are much too uncommon to show up as females in such large numbers. There may be one or two. So it's not really a valid example when talking about GUYS who make female character, which is what this topic is about.

KodiaX987
Sep 3, 2009, 06:38 PM
Making female accounts just to get free items would be one of those lame extremes.

You don't even need to ask for them. People just pop and give you all kinds of random shit out of the blue. :wacko:

SStrikerR
Sep 3, 2009, 07:26 PM
cool bump. Yeah, I have 1 female character myself, and the day I created her (wayyyy back) some dude gave me a caliburn and left, and they were worth like 5m at the time. O_o

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2009, 08:41 PM
The less you show, the more you get.

The latter being bullshit. And maybe the former too.

pinkace
Sep 3, 2009, 09:32 PM
I do it to seduce men as a smexy vixen that wants casual sex with everyone all the time. I talk dirty and type about what sexual acts I would perform in extremely graphical language. I pretend to be playing PSU in lingerie, sometimes in just panties, other times nekkid, depending on how pathetic the guy at the other end is. I get very much into character and walk away with a million or two meseta.

yes, I am a whore.

Gentlemen
Sep 3, 2009, 10:42 PM
There's nothing wrong about a boner. I tend to think of my beautiful avatar's body and then fondle myself.

AC9breaker
Sep 3, 2009, 10:45 PM
I'm a beast in real life, so I only make beasts in the game.

How I read this.

I'm a breast in real life, so I only make breasts in the game.

:shrug:

Burnsro
Sep 4, 2009, 09:49 AM
I do it to seduce men as a smexy vixen that wants casual sex with everyone all the time. I talk dirty and type about what sexual acts I would perform in extremely graphical language. I pretend to be playing PSU in lingerie, sometimes in just panties, other times nekkid, depending on how pathetic the guy at the other end is. I get very much into character and walk away with a million or two meseta.

yes, I am a whore.

Go on...

Squirrel3D
Sep 4, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have two female characters in PSU. I play as a girl character in Pokemon Diamond.

Why, because I want to and I don't give a rat's behind what you think. It doesn't make me gay, it makes me an independant thinker who isn't afraid to make decsions based on what I...not someone else...wants.

There's no intruction manual, nor some law that says I have to make or be a male character at all times in a videogame.

But if your just gonna attack a guy for making a female character, then you're also attacking other males who have made female characters in other forms of entertainment....especally cartoons. Thus you are a hypocritial male shovest pig that should always be avioded by a woman when it comes to dating them.

Burnsro
Sep 4, 2009, 09:20 PM
You don't need to attack other men to justify yourself. It's okay. You can do it. Be prepared for the awkwardness that I'm sure arises but besides that you're relatively okay. Much safer for you than dressing as a woman in real life.

Squirrel3D
Sep 4, 2009, 09:37 PM
It was directed at people who thinks it's gay for a guy to play as a girl character. These people just need to face reality and live in it.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 6, 2009, 09:23 PM

I know a guy whose name is Kelley. :-?

I know people on THESE boards who do that too.

And of course its not gay, right? >_>

Not on PSO-World. It might be if you're doing it on eHarmony, though. :wacko:

Aren't we all kind of androgynous on the internet, anyway?

Ketchup345
Sep 6, 2009, 10:03 PM
Aren't we all kind of androgynous on the internet, anyway?Usually I use "everyone on the internet is a 40 year old bald fat guy" (much like comic book guy on Simpsons).

I have a story on this topic from last night. I was playing a game using a female character. I post "WTB item" in the trade chat. Some guy says if I let him know of an item he's looking for, then he'll give me what I'm looking for. I said I'll try to remember to look for it. After a while he messages me saying meet him in a town so he could give me my item for nothing. I get my item thinking its just a generous player who needed the storage space free. He then leaves with some message containing a word like "sweetie" or something similar, I never said anything to him that wasn't related to buying the item (asking about price and thanks basically).

Volcompat321
Sep 6, 2009, 10:09 PM
I find it....weird that pinkace (in particular) does what he does, knowing he's a guy.
But, I myself have 2 female characters (in PSU), and I think since the PC/PS2 population is pretty much dead, everyone knows me, and knows I'm a dood.
Even if I wanted to try to get stuff off people for being a "girl" I couldn't.

autumn
Sep 6, 2009, 10:39 PM
I've had 2 people I knew in PSU who used to pretend they were female for rarz and stuff .-. Its more then a little creepy o-O;

One of them was pretending he was a girl for this European lesbian. I always wondered what if they were both lying and in reality they were both d00ds messing around with each other on the internetz.

Vanzazikon
Sep 6, 2009, 11:01 PM
I find it....weird that pinkace (in particular) does what he does, knowing he's a guy.I'd do the same thing if I were surrounded by idiots. Then after I get my items, I'd say, "Hah, I'm a guy! You got gypped bitches"

pinkace
Sep 6, 2009, 11:25 PM
I find it....weird that pinkace (in particular) does what he does, knowing he's a guy.

I'd do the same thing if I were surrounded by idiots. Then after I get my items, I'd say, "Hah, I'm a guy! You got gypped bitches"

If you do that then some 15 year old kid will spend hours scrubbing his skin in the shower utterly disgusted with himself. No need to create more homophobes. I have done enough damage to the human race already...

Gentlemen
Sep 7, 2009, 12:07 AM
I've had 2 people I knew in PSU who used to pretend they were female for rarz and stuff .-. Its more then a little creepy o-O;

One of them was pretending he was a girl for this European lesbian. I always wondered what if they were both lying and in reality they were both d00ds messing around with each other on the internetz.

Reminds me of a time I found a red box. I thought it was a photon drop but it turned out to be an eclair. Anyways, I actually played a female character or two in my days. A certain male in game had a talent for my own flaccidity after I explained I had certain male genitalia and said that was OK. I felt awkward :disapprove:

Vanzazikon
Sep 7, 2009, 01:51 AM
If you do that then some 15 year old kid will spend hours scrubbing his skin in the shower utterly disgusted with himself. No need to create more homophobes. I have done enough damage to the human race already...Who cares...?

Volcompat321
Sep 7, 2009, 05:19 AM
Lmao, I guess you can say who cares, not like you will ever meet the person/people.
Still just find it odd. I know there are girls out there, but it's easier to believe all of em are doodz.
Unless you know they are a woman.(XBL, or talk on the phone. I've talked on the phone with a woman from PSU...not romantically/sexually though...that would be awkward).
But, I also talk to doodz I met on PSU, two of which I became very good friends with.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2009, 11:21 AM
If you do that then some 15 year old kid will spend hours scrubbing his skin in the shower utterly disgusted with himself. No need to create more homophobes. I have done enough damage to the human race already...
It'd probably make him less of a suck up to women, that's for sure. Hell, it might be better for him in the long run.

The_Brimada
Sep 7, 2009, 02:25 PM
I always have at least one female character out of four (PSO/PSU etc) just for the variety, and since most male animations/clothes/looks are the same, so I mix it up. I'm not fond of the reactions I get when using female characters, though..

Lol in my own defense The Brimada has a different meaning than just Brimada. XD

Delete
Sep 7, 2009, 03:01 PM
My friend who is a dude changed his gamertag to....a girls name... (I won't put it here)
He changed his bio, name , and put a picture of his sister who is like 16 for his gamertag picture.
This is an example of going way the hell too far. Thankfully, he has since changed his tag back.
Oh and yes, he did get free stuff.

KodiaX987
Sep 7, 2009, 03:33 PM
Oh and yes, he did get free stuff.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Burnsro
Sep 8, 2009, 03:15 PM
pic?????????

BlaizeYES
Sep 8, 2009, 03:46 PM
well really, it doesnt matter if who you're fooling around with is actually a guy or girl in real life. cyber handjobs are better when its a female character

hunterseifer
Sep 11, 2009, 03:05 AM
Why would it be wrong? I made bliss b/c newman females are best techers imo. If I was playing pso I'd play HUneweral, b/c they would best fit my playing style. Of course some ppl play as females to look at some girls ass all day, or chest w/e and harass every girl that runs by which sucks :/

darkante
Sep 11, 2009, 04:50 AM
Why would it be wrong? I made bliss b/c newman females are best techers imo. If I was playing pso I'd play HUneweral, b/c they would best fit my playing style. Of course some ppl play as females to look at some girls ass all day, or chest w/e and harass every girl that runs by which sucks :/

Nothing wrong having something to stare at. :wacko:

BahnKnakyu
Sep 11, 2009, 05:31 AM
Asking if it's OK to play female characters when you're in a message board like this is like going into a Mac message board and asking if PCs are good. You're gonna get biased info because a lot of users enjoy the whole dress up/fashion thing.

Personally, I mostly play males so nobody ends up bothering me and I get to pretty much act like myself. If I do play females, I try not to dress them up in that frilly stuff that some gender benders enjoy dressing up their charaters in. I generally go for anything that looks like regular combat gear unless it's over the top funny stuff like the Rappy Suit.

Man, do I sound like a bitter grizzled PSU player.

Burnsro
Sep 11, 2009, 06:36 AM
C'mon guys this thread is useless without pics of your character. (You can put a black bar over their name if needed).

So get posting!

Delete
Sep 11, 2009, 11:24 PM
Personally, I mostly play males so nobody ends up bothering me and I get to pretty much act like myself. If I do play females, I try not to dress them up in that frilly stuff that some gender benders enjoy dressing up their charaters in. I generally go for anything that looks like regular combat gear unless it's over the top funny stuff like the Rappy Suit.

Not directed at you, I just got the Ideal from your Post.

If your falling in love with a girl in Psu, please make sure it's the real life girl and not the game one.
Because nothing is more embarrassing then having your friends come over and your like, "dude, check out this girl" And your friends grab the mic and the supposely girl says "yo". Your friends then say "wtf, that's a guy" You reply with " I know that, I was talking about his game character, look what she's wearing" 5 minutes later, your asking yourself "why did my friends leave me here?"

^ That post made no sense probably.

DreXxiN
Sep 12, 2009, 02:31 AM
I don't really know what to say about this thread...

..I mean, in no way is playing a female character wrong if you are a male, but you should just leave it at that. The whole "I'd rather stare at a female ass for thousands of hours blah blah" justification doesn't really help your situation, because you're staring at a virtual ass, and you're doing it for thousands of hours. :lol:

I'm mostly not being serious, but I mainly say what I do for the reason that I can't find any other means of people justifying the reason they play a female character (as a male IRL, of course) other than trying to save face, which in itself is contradictory to said female avatar user's goal. =P

But really, just play what you feel most comfortable playing with. I personally ONLY use male characters unless something has gender restrictions in games.

Zimbabwe
Sep 14, 2009, 09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with living out you're Phantasies. ^^

Adriano
Sep 14, 2009, 09:53 PM
ITT: I realized I hate tall people(IRL), who make short characters in game too.

And People who are clearly Irish, playing asians in game.

Oh, and also guys who play guys, but they're not as ripped irl as their in game counterparts.
Who do they think they're foolin' yo?

PISS ME SO MUCH !

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
But, it's just a game.
If you cant be fit RL, why cant you be in game?
Even tall vs short.
If you're too tall RL, why not make a shorty, if you're too short, why not make someone tall?

Adriano
Sep 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
But, it's just a game.
If you cant be fit RL, why cant you be in game?
Even tall vs short.
If you're too tall RL, why not make a shorty, if you're too short, why not make someone tall?

NO!

Because everything has to be virtually identical to IRL.
Or else, things just don't make sense.
Don't wanna give your future soul mate the wrong idea right?

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2009, 10:14 PM
Only if you go on expecting someone to fall in love with.
I don't really think most people do that.
It's just a goodgame.

KodiaX987
Sep 14, 2009, 11:18 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/f7/Trool.gif

...Y'know. Just to really make sure.

Vanzazikon
Sep 14, 2009, 11:49 PM
Only if you go on expecting someone to fall in love with.
I don't really think most people do that.
It's just a goodgame.http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/Greatonevan/facepalmgif.gif

Nitro Vordex
Sep 15, 2009, 12:07 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/f7/Trool.gif

...Y'know. Just to really make sure.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5333/probleml.jpg

Weeaboolits
Oct 16, 2009, 09:08 PM
I think the people that get all up-in-arms about it are playing for the wrong reasons anyway.

Pwincess
Oct 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
I don't blame guys playing as girls, seeing that - more specifically, PSU - girls get a much better clothing assortment. Also, the girl characters are cute, and people like cute stuff. It's like... you can make lotsa girls and they would all look a little different, but you can try making guy characters and more than likely (at least for me) they'll all look similar. I think guys don't have much to choose from.
I say all of this seeing that my favorite past-time in PSU is making clothes, competing in fashion Shows and just changing my characters clothes in general.

I have this buddy that I gamed with since Dreamcast PSO, and when I started playing 360 PSU he wanted me to pretend he was a girl and all that .... well thats when it gets weird. x.x
If you are going to act like your character, it's probably best people know that you intend to be "acting" as your characters. Most people take what you say for all it's worth.

I remember back on the Dreamcast playing Chu Chu Rocket, and I used the name "Cutie Pie". for the longest time I would have people calling me all sorts of names whenever I tried to say I was a girl. It was unlikely that a girl would be playing videogames at the time.. but seeing I was like 13 or 14 it should have been more believable. Meh.. ANYWAY You could only type, no voice in game - so you couldn't prove ppl wrong.
Sooo these same people that would call me a F*g and all sorts of names, started playing PSO with me. I had a female hunter, and Called her by my real name. Still - No voice chats on the DC at this time (I think voice communication came out for Alien front online for the dc) BUT on pso I would be asked if I were a girl, and when I said yes - I got lotsa stuff from random people. We all know how it is.. and I am sure the guys who would lavish "girls" with gifts saw how easily you could get good weapons and such. And therefore - yeah. Guys do it now-a-days.

OK

I think I am done just going on and on.. I am bored and lonely. xD
Umm.. and game on trannys =] Hahah <3

Sorry if this post became pointless @ the end.

BIG OLAF
Oct 16, 2009, 11:23 PM
I say all of this seeing that my favorite past-time in PSU is making clothes, competing in fashion Shows and just changing my characters clothes in general.

I go to fashion shows as well, just to watch, though. I'm much too bashful to actually enter one, even though everyone says I have a very good taste in PSU clothing, and should enter. Heck, I think I've even seen you at some, Pwincess, given that your PSU character's name is the same as your name here.

Volcompat321
Oct 16, 2009, 11:45 PM
I don't blame guys playing as girls, seeing that - more specifically, PSU - girls get a much better clothing assortment. Also, the girl characters are cute, and people like cute stuff. It's like... you can make lotsa girls and they would all look a little different, but you can try making guy characters and more than likely (at least for me) they'll all look similar. I think guys don't have much to choose from.

That's why I play female characters.
I've said it probably 300 times, I hate the male clothing, and NO, I wont play a character if I hate the clothing.
Half of PSU is about looks, so I'm told. :D

Ruru
Oct 29, 2009, 05:26 AM
i really dont see a problem with guys playing as girls.

i've known quite a few girls that play as guy characters for a few reasons. one being they get hit on less. another being the same reason alot of guys like to play as girls (reason being they want to stare at the opposite sex's backside for a few hours a day) and another reason is the whole gender roleplay thing, if you are something in real life it's nice to have a change in an online game if just for a few hours a day.

i've tried playing male characters in PSU (i'm female in real life (omginorite)) and the males are just eww. they walk/run funny, they attack weird, and the clothes mostly suck. i can understand why any guy would want to be a girl character on this game lol.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 08:14 AM
Yall are strange. I happen to think you can make males quite sexy on this game, granted you are being creative and not wearing the same 2 outfits that every male wore on the server when I was subbed.

Allison_W
Oct 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
i've tried playing male characters in PSU (i'm female in real life (omginorite)) and the males are just eww. they walk/run funny, they attack weird, and the clothes mostly suck. i can understand why any guy would want to be a girl character on this game lol.

Sad thing is the female clothes are worse, so much terrible moe moe crap and not nearly enough badass :(

Ellea
Oct 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
just remember if you do make a girl, it has to fall in the accepted rules of psu. which means you have to make a sluttly loli character. im serious, when the hell was the last time you DIDNT see one of those running around?

My main isn't a slutty loli. She's actually quite a tall, unattractive human female.
As for my other characters. Two are loli's, but I wouldn't call them slutty, and the other is a male.

CrimsomWolf
Oct 29, 2009, 12:12 PM
Why is this thread still alive?

TwistedDragon
Oct 29, 2009, 12:16 PM
I have 3 males and one female, I did it for the variety and because I never played as a female beast and wanted to see there nanoblast. I had another female techer for stat reasons.

DreXxiN
Oct 29, 2009, 03:17 PM
Why is this thread still alive?

Because it's a hot topic on RPGs.

War_Child
Nov 8, 2009, 01:51 PM
Since the thread still breathes imma give you a personal-experience-derived decision tree.

1) DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A FEMALE CHARACTER
YES - do it, proceed to 2
NO - do it, proceed to 2

2) WILL YOU RP AS YOUR CHARACTER
YES - Proceed to 3
NO - Enjoy your video game.

3) ARE YOU DOING IT TO TROLL PEOPLE ON THE RETARDWEBS
YES - Enjoy your video game.
NO - Try to only do it if the other party knows otherwise it may get weird. Proceed to 4)

4) ARE PEOPLE HITTING ON YOU NOT KNOWING THE TRUTH
YES - Go to 5)

5) ARE YOU A GIRL
YES - Lie, lest you be stalked. Exploit for free shit then go to 6.
NO - Exploit for free shit. Go to 6.

6) SAY THAT YOU ARE A TRAP
Go to 7

7) DO THEY CONTINUE
YES - run away

Notice that no steps include "give a damn what other people think on psow about you playing a female char". :3

Kuronoa
Dec 11, 2009, 12:39 PM
I play table-top games for as long as I can remember, so I'm used to making different characters of different backgrounds. So it really doesn't bother me making female characters, nor does it bother me to see other men RPing one. I tend to alternate genders in character creation for various reasons.

In PS games, I do have a tradition of making a FOnewearl as my first character. It was my first character in PSO and has carried through ever since.

Ice_ryu
Dec 11, 2009, 01:09 PM
What Shiva91 did on these forums years ago was just plain wrong........
Playing a female character is one thing, but acting like one LOL its worse, poor guy who fell for it.

Mute City
Dec 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
The whole "I don't like staring at a man's ass for X hours" is a retarded excuse for making a female character.
In no 3rd person game is your focus on your avatar anyway. You're supposed to be looking PAST your character, not at it's ass.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 11, 2009, 04:03 PM
This thread has seen a number of necro-bumps already. If anyone wants to discuss the subject further, then make a new thread.