PDA

View Full Version : Rentis and Dizas : What do they do?

unicorn
Jun 20, 2009, 10:19 PM
So Rentis and Dizas were finally released.... but what do they do? I've heard rumors that they don't cause invincibility like offline, so then what do they do? Do they act like Deband and Retier?

If so, do they.... replace them? Are they useful? Necessary? Do they make GT/WT better to solo as?

Ceresa
Jun 20, 2009, 10:25 PM
Reduce damage by 25% or so per barrier. 2 at 11, 5 at 41 and so on.

I have both, don't use either when solo, ever. It's ok if someone else wants to nerf up their pallette and give to me though!

RemiusTA
Jun 20, 2009, 10:52 PM
I still say PSU's system of technic evolution is pretty lame.

10 levels of suck to get to something slightly better is pretty pathetic. Almost every technic SUCKS lv 1-11. Counts triple for support technics, seeing as you're only leveling them FOR their 11+/21+/31+/41+ counterparts, because they DONT CHANGE inbetween levels...

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
Reduce damage by 25% or so per barrier. 2 at 11, 5 at 41 and so on.

I have both, don't use either when solo, ever. It's ok if someone else wants to nerf up their pallette and give to me though!

How are the barriers consumed? How much PP does each technic require at the various levels? What is the duration of the technics at the various levels?

Ceresa
Jun 21, 2009, 09:19 PM
They're consumed per hit. Hit for 30, or for 2000, 25% off either way.

Baseline costs, different for FT and MF of course: 64 / 80 / 96 / 112 / 96

Cast speed up at 41. Barriers have no duration other then being hit. Will last until mission end if you dodge flawlessly.

pikachief
Jun 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
add it to your de-band and reteir for EXTRA DAMAGE REDUCTION ^^

i know i'll be using them on acroclasses :P

Magus_84
Jun 22, 2009, 05:08 AM
Meh, seems like Dizas might replace Deband. 25% damage reduction x 5 seems pretty good when the alternative is around 30 less damage per hit.

Rentis will be either awesome (non-offensive-techer classes in missions where stuff uses techs a lot) or utterly useless.

pinkace
Jun 22, 2009, 10:40 AM
I still say PSU's system of technic evolution is pretty lame.

10 levels of suck to get to something slightly better is pretty pathetic. Almost every technic SUCKS lv 1-11. Counts triple for support technics, seeing as you're only leveling them FOR their 11+/21+/31+/41+ counterparts, because they DONT CHANGE inbetween levels...

Thats like saying RPG's in general are lame because between level 1 and 20 your character sucks.

You work to level up and then you get rewarded with... [Darth Sidius voice]UNLIMITED POWAH!!![/Darth Sidius voice]

If you meant to say that they should have only had 5 levels instead of 50, then I disagree as well because having 50 levels lets you see the glimpses of the light at the end of the tunnel more often

roardova lengths
Jun 22, 2009, 10:53 AM
I like these techs, PSU's technic game is pretty intense. Love everything about it, the difficulty of leveling them and all of the assist techs. Thank you developers!! ^_^ Much power to Nosdiga!

unicorn
Jun 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
I wonder how you'd be able to fit these techs on a type like WT lol.

On GT I'd probably roll with something like:

Bow
Crossbow / Wand (Resta+Reverser)
Card / Wand (Giresta+Reverser)
Machinegun / Wand (Rentis+Dizas)
[[[changing slot : Shotgun, Laser Cannon, Crossbow/Wand, RCSM/Wand]]]
TCSM (S+D) / Wand (Z+R)

Hiero_Glyph
Jun 22, 2009, 01:43 PM
Do Dizas and Rentis still only affect the caster?