PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of coming over to PSU

F-o-x
Jun 21, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone! I recently got back into PSO and during my many trips here to look up info I started looking at PSU. I had a lot of fun with it offline (PS2 version) but was never able to go online with it. I just had a few questions about PSU (360 version specifically).

Firstly, billing. Does the Xbox live subscription cover PSU? Or do we have to pay something else? I don't have any problem paying, but as I'm not from the US, a lot of online games won't accept my credit card (This was the issue I had with PS2 PSU). Xbox live does work in my country though so if the billing was done through there I think it would work out.

Secondly, community. How large is the 360 playerbase? Is it hard to find games? How many people play it?

Thirdly I know I'll be way behind if I do decide to come to PSU. Is there a guide or some information for new players that I could read up on? Like I heard they added a few new classes and things like that. If someone could point me in the direction of some information I'd appreciate it.

pinkace
Jun 21, 2009, 11:55 AM
I think you are in luck. You can buy the guardian's license thru xbox live, meaning whatever credit card you charge live to will be charged the $10 a month license fee.

360 has the largest community in the US. but you said you arent from the US. I don't know where you would be playing.....

There is tons of new stuff coming from PSO. this site has guides but is not as easy to navigate as http://psupedia.info/

Syn Jerriel
Jun 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
Also note that your gamer tag can be Silver to play PSU

VertigoZero
Jun 21, 2009, 03:30 PM
Also note that your gamer tag can be Silver to play PSU

Really? I didn't know that one.

That is good to know if I don't have 50 to spend on a gold account at the time.

Skippy
Jun 21, 2009, 04:05 PM
fox when u get on u will need to buy a 20 dollar expansion RIGHT AWAY.

DPShiro
Jun 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
fox when u get on u will need to buy a 20 dollar expansion RIGHT AWAY.

This is important.
All the new missions, weapons etc are tied to the AOI update.

Gibdozer
Jun 21, 2009, 07:10 PM
I think it's only 10$ for the expansion now. But yes you will need it.

Since you played PSU offline you have a solid starting base. Also don't worry about being way behind, the special events (that are becoming increasingly common) seem designed to quickly power up new players!

Syn Jerriel
Jun 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
yea its only 10$ for AOTI

And yes you only need a silver. i have a silver for my PSU tag and gold for my main one

*looks down at sig for reference*

F-o-x
Jun 21, 2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll give PSU a whirl. Also that was going to be my next question about the expansion. Do I have to buy it separately? Or can I download it on Xbox live (Actually I'd probably rather buy it if I could... my internet is horribly slow and it would probably take ages to download. If it is downloadable how large is the file?)?

gum_on_shoe
Jun 21, 2009, 10:05 PM
Must donwload.

sorry.

Gibdozer
Jun 22, 2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll give PSU a whirl. Also that was going to be my next question about the expansion. Do I have to buy it separately? Or can I download it on Xbox live (Actually I'd probably rather buy it if I could... my internet is horribly slow and it would probably take ages to download. If it is downloadable how large is the file?)?

True of us all, but no dice it must be downloaded. I don't think its that big, I downloaded it quickly with an average connection.

Skippy
Jun 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
ehh. even with a bad connection. i say 2hrs at tops...

RemiusTA
Jun 22, 2009, 01:21 PM
it takes a while, but just put on background downloads and turn your xbox off, go watch a movie or something, come back later it'll be done.

BTW, Xbox population (apparently) has JP, US and EU players on it. First two players i met were EU, and ive run across one or two JP players.

NiceOnes
Jun 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
yea its only 10$ for AOTI

And yes you only need a silver. i have a silver for my PSU tag and gold for my main one

*looks down at sig for reference*

May I ask why the need for a PSU dedicated GT?

NDW
Jun 22, 2009, 04:56 PM
May I ask why the need for a PSU dedicated GT?

Maybe he doesn't want people that know him from his main Gamertag to know he plays PSU or something? I don't know, just throwing something out there.

Calsetes
Jun 22, 2009, 06:12 PM
Maybe he's read about hack attempts and whatnot and doesn't want all his games being corrupted in case he gets hacked or something?

I'm not too keen on the hows and whats of what can be "hacked" or glitched on the 360, as I don't play that version, but I thought I heard something about them being able to get access to your account via gamertag. Maybe he's worried about other stuff that's linked to his primary GT?

F-o-x
Jun 23, 2009, 08:08 AM
Okay last question (hopefully). Will my copy of the game have to be brand new for me to get online? I remember with every other Phantasy Star Online game they gave you registration numbers inside the box, and if someone has already used these you wouldn't be able to get online. Is it a similar situation with PSU on the 360? Or will I be okay if I buy a used copy of the game?

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2009, 02:47 PM
That's a good question actually. As far as I know, there is no required registration number for the 360 version.

pinkace
Jun 23, 2009, 04:44 PM
Okay last question (hopefully). Will my copy of the game have to be brand new for me to get online? I remember with every other Phantasy Star Online game they gave you registration numbers inside the box, and if someone has already used these you wouldn't be able to get online. Is it a similar situation with PSU on the 360? Or will I be okay if I buy a used copy of the game?

you can buy a used copy. the guardians license is tied to your gamertag, not the game disc.

wdpir32k3
Jun 24, 2009, 01:20 AM
Ya you should get it alot of fun man

Runehades
Jun 24, 2009, 04:28 PM
you can buy a used copy. the guardians license is tied to your gamertag, not the game disc.

QFT, I bought mine for $10 used. On the Silver/Gold membership, when did this change? Wasn't it only Gold members we're able to get a license before?

Gibdozer
Jun 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
No, its always been silver to play PSU.