PDA

View Full Version : Setting items in manual order?

Gibdozer
Jun 22, 2009, 01:29 PM
I fired up the ol Dreamcast yesterday and I noticed something I actually miss. On PSO you could sort the items in your inventory manually, but on PSU you cannot! At first this may seem trivial, but consider being able to put buff pills or heals at the top of your item list, freeing up spots on your palette.

Imagine how much more trap use we would see from this simple addition. Some classes would benefit more (Protranser) but I think everyone would find this very handy. Additionally it could be implemented for PM storage.

How has something so basic and useful been overlooked all this time?

SabZero
Jun 22, 2009, 01:35 PM
Yes, you can change the sorting criteria. There is a small letter/icon in the bar of the inventory window, yes? It's showing which criteria is selected (m for manufacturer is default, I think).

I don't know which button opens the menu to change it, but try all of them when the inventory is open ;)

Edit: screenshot from just now. The PA button opened the menu for me.

NiceOnes
Jun 22, 2009, 01:39 PM
Being that PSU is my first PS experience maybe I'm having a hard time relating.

Don't the healing/SE cures/Buffs appear at the top of the #3 Item list as it is??

As a protranser my traps want to be on the palette at all times... Regardless of where my traps would be on the list I wouldn't want to access my menu everytime I wanted to use one...

SabZero
Jun 22, 2009, 01:43 PM
As a protranser my traps want to be on the palette at all times... Regardless of where my traps would be on the list I wouldn't want to access my menu everytime I wanted to use one...

And you couldn't use them that way, anyway.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 22, 2009, 01:46 PM
I fired up the ol Dreamcast yesterday and I noticed something I actually miss. On PSO you could sort the items in your inventory manually, but on PSU you cannot! At first this may seem trivial, but consider being able to put buff pills or heals at the top of your item list, freeing up spots on your palette.

Imagine how much more trap use we would see from this simple addition. Some classes would benefit more (Protranser) but I think everyone would find this very handy. Additionally it could be implemented for PM storage.

How has something so basic and useful been overlooked all this time?

You can't use traps from your inventory anyway, they have to be on the palette.

Gibdozer
Jun 22, 2009, 02:01 PM
Guess I need to clarify.

You cannot sort manually currently on PSU. You can adjust sorting criteria, but you cannot simply put whatever you want wherever you want.

I'm not saying to put traps at the top of your list, they would still be accessed from the palette for speed. What I would do is put my buff pills at the top, then I could access them quickly without taking up that valuable space on my palette.

Doing this would allow for greater trap usage, because you could easily fill your palette with traps and still have reasonably quick access to other items by organizing them yourself.

I hope this clarifies my position, items you use often could be moved to the top of the list thus freeing up the palette for more diversity(like fireworks).

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
I prefer the automatic sorting. I think manual feeds OCD a little too much lol.

Anduril
Jun 22, 2009, 09:25 PM
I can see where it could be helpful to have the manual sorting, but, at least for me, I never did like that about PSO and every chance I got I sorted it into the automatic order, although I do see how it can be more useful in PSU just due to the fact that not all items are just on one list like they are in PSO.