PDA

View Full Version : What if..

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 22, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm kinda new to these forums and this question has probably already been asked.
But what do you guys think would happen if every active Xbox Live member joined Phantasy Star Universe at the same time? Overload then crash?
Obviously, PSU would become one of the like most successful games in history.o_o
But if this did happen, then would Sega start delivering more? ^^;

Dragwind
Jun 22, 2009, 10:10 PM
Considering the payment from each person, it's quite possible they would realize the potential for more financial gain, but that's debatable (as I'm sure many will argue over).

The Red Mirage
Jun 22, 2009, 11:04 PM
I think the servers would most definitely collapse.

Turb0
Jun 22, 2009, 11:44 PM
The servers would overheat and asplode. That and the PSU servers wouldn't be able to hold anywhere close to everyone, aren't there like 17 million XBL members?

bay sick
Jun 23, 2009, 12:18 AM
lol. 4 million. actually

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 23, 2009, 02:49 PM
lol. 4 million. actually

Actually I'm pretty sure it's more than that. Alot more. Not that all of them are active gold members. But I know those more than 4 million.

NiceOnes
Jun 23, 2009, 03:09 PM
TurbO wins the showcase showdown!! Closest to the real number without going over!!

They announced at E3 that the XBOX Live community has grown to over 20 Million ACTIVE members. See below.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/marcwhitten.htm

Anyways... To answer the question, the PSU servers would most definatly fail. Miserably.

I'm not sure but I've got a feeling that the servers we are playing on are actually the old Dreamcast PSO servers from back in the day. <JJ>

LoLz.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
it gets unplayable when there is more than 15 stars

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 23, 2009, 03:24 PM
Lol Sega.

pinkace
Jun 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
Please note: the announcement at E3 lumped together Silver and Gold members. Not all of those "active" members are Gold members.

uh huhuh I said member.

Juggernaut#1
Jun 23, 2009, 06:24 PM
the psu server has trouble holding 6 ppl at a time in a party. theres no way in hell it could keep over 4 million on the server