PDA

View Full Version : Disney stars who have to go and ruin classic Disney songs.

furrypaws
Jun 22, 2009, 09:38 PM
I'm looking at you, Ms. Montana. You just had to go and take that lovely "Part of Your World" and turn it into a shouty pop song, didn't you?

Before I get the Disney haters, just listen to the two songs. And then you can tell me why someone who had any interest in music would be upset here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pPUmv3U2XY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMasaVR0oIc&feature=related

Ok, I laughed at the Jonas Brothers version of Poor Unfortunate Souls. Here's another comparison.
(This starts at 1:40 if you want to skip to that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi4o2cG_SsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXiczrRUSg

As the songs become more "pop", they become more awful. Why do they feel the need to butcher these pretty songs? ;-;

(Basically, close to every track on Disney Mania is "revamped". Which makes me want to facepalm myself.)

Leviathan
Jun 22, 2009, 09:49 PM
Eww.

That reminds me, there was a Jonas Brother's Concert last weekend. Freeway was backed up for miles.

Thanks Disney.

Anduril
Jun 22, 2009, 11:07 PM
I found the Colbie Caillat version of "Kiss the Girl" to be rather good, of course that may just be relative to all the rest of the songs.

Outrider
Jun 23, 2009, 09:25 AM
I don't want to ask why anybody is listening to whatever the hell "Disney Mania" is.

I would like to mention that the Aladdin DVD has some hilariously terrible performances on it. They have Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey butchering "A Whole New World" and they have Clay Aiken performing a song that was cut from the movie in the first place (so I guess he can't actually butcher it, can he?)

But yeah, fun times.

DreXxiN
Jun 23, 2009, 05:43 PM
I agreed instantly with the OP of the thread just by seeing "Jonas Brothers" in the youtube title.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2009, 06:42 AM
Oh man, Jonas->Ursula blew my mind in rage

UnderscoreX
Jun 30, 2009, 05:03 AM
Oh those kids and their shouty pop songs!

Katy
Jun 30, 2009, 10:54 AM
At least Jessica Simpson did Part of Your World right but Miley doesn't have the vocals for this kind of music so its ruins the entire thing.

Outrider
Jun 30, 2009, 11:07 AM
At least Jessica Simpson did Part of Your World right

I strongly disagree and will be addressing my concerns in a sternly-worded letter that I will mail to my local congressperson.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 30, 2009, 03:30 PM
Disney needs to leave the classics the hell alone. If I'm gonna hear a butchered and bastardized version I'll sing the fucking song myself. At least I can tolerate the chaos that is my singing voice.

BTW the Jonas Brothers need to be lynched by they're own innards. They only became famous because they're pop is a televangelist.

White Midnight
Jul 2, 2009, 02:34 PM
Disney is just doing what many companies with successful histories and franchises do:

Take a stick, beat a living horse till its dead, and then beating the dead horse with a 3.5 inch metal pipe.

Seriously though. I agree, stop killing our classic Disney songs. They belonged to our generation, not a generation that grows up on lousy pop music.

Solstis
Jul 2, 2009, 06:09 PM
Disney is just doing what many companies with successful histories and franchises do:

Take a stick, beat a living horse till its dead, and then beating the dead horse with a 3.5 inch metal pipe.

Seriously though. I agree, stop killing our classic Disney songs. They belonged to our generation, not a generation that grows up on lousy pop music.

N*Sync and Backstreet boys were SO much better. Unless you're younger than that, then 98 degrees, or older, then The Monkees, Patridge Family, etc.

Every generation since the record industry existed grows up on lousy pop music.

White Midnight
Jul 2, 2009, 10:04 PM
N*Sync and Backstreet boys were SO much better. Unless you're younger than that, then 98 degrees, or older, then The Monkees, Patridge Family, etc.

Every generation since the record industry existed grows up on lousy pop music.

Very, very true. Can't beleive I didn't think of that.

Then again, those were long since erased from my mind, for good reason too.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 2, 2009, 10:45 PM
It's a sad fact that whatever we grow up with, we listen to.

Mind you, we got oldered and stopped.

Blitzkommando
Jul 5, 2009, 01:55 AM
Disney taking old franchises and raping them for profit? Say it ain't so, Joe!

I stopped paying attention to Disney when the Disney Channel went from commercial free to being just commercials, around 1998 or thereabouts. Of course, at that time there was still only one Disney Channel, and I believe HBO had just split into three channels. So, while HBO and so many other channels have diversified, Disney has laser-targeted their audience to being those between children the ages of 5 and 13. So, if you're over 13 and finding yourself getting migraines whenever you see something coming out of the Disney Channel I'd say it's a good sign.

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2009, 04:32 PM
I stopped paying attention to Disney when they stopped making good animated movie musicals and started making shit and then stopped with the traditional animated movies altogether.

The only thing I've seen worth watching on the Disney Channel in the last several years is a few weeks ago when they had Aladdin on. I hadn't seen that one in years and I'd always liked it as a kid, so I gave it a watch to see how it held up. Still liked it.

Too bad they don't make DECENT movies anymore though. You know, the old classics like Snow White or Dumbo or Pinnochio or Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, or that late 80s/early 90s era that gave us shit that actually didn't suck like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Mulan and Hercules. Stuff even my parents liked because it was actually well-made with decent music and decent voice actors and didn't completely go for the lowest common denominator. Stuff that, hell, I'll still watch, because it's still a good time.

And yeah enough with raping good older songs with new shitty poptards. I didn't even listen to the examples, I already know how that is. (In-movie version of Who I Am Inside from Mulan: Good song. End credits version with whatsherfaceshitty singer: Kill me.)

Xaeris
Jul 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
Eh, they can take a hacksaw to almost anything they like. But if they put one of their test tube aberrations to work on 'Be Prepared' or 'Go the Distance', I'm marching to California with a torch.

furrypaws
Jul 5, 2009, 11:07 PM
I have hopes for the Princess and the Frog or whatever it's called now. The whole "controversy" around it is worth a rant in itself, though.

Outrider
Jul 6, 2009, 10:29 AM
Eh, they can take a hacksaw to almost anything they like. But if they put one of their test tube aberrations to work on 'Be Prepared' or 'Go the Distance', I'm marching to California with a torch.

You clearly haven't heard the Michael Bolton version of "I Can Go the Distance."

I'd say that marching is already in order, but man - Bolton just seems so damn sure if his ability to go said distance.

BlaizeYES
Jul 7, 2009, 09:01 AM
You clearly haven't heard the Michael Bolton version of "I Can Go the Distance."

I'd say that marching is already in order, but man - Bolton just seems so damn sure if his ability to go said distance.

i still love that disney movie "hercules" and i still love that song "i can go the distance." i hate michael bolton, yes, but the song i do like.

i remember michael bolton was getting angry at conan obrien for always making fun of him, so in a celebrity charity softball game, bolton said if conan got in his way, he'd "throw a baseball at his fat irish head."

and on a side note, clay aiken singing anything just upsets me. i liked elton john's "measure of a man" decently, but after aiken sang it for american idol or some shit, i just got disappointed... mainly because when you think "clay aiken," the last thing you're thinking is the word"man," let alone measuring how little amount of "man" he is.

qu35t3rn
Jul 26, 2009, 03:07 PM
I was kinda hoping that the Jonas Bros. would screw up the lyrics. "I'm a very busy woman--uh, person!!" >_>U

And I'll see your Montana and raise you a Richard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g

EDIT: Dang it! Need to figure out how to embed Youtube...

EDIT'S EDIT: Erm, nevermind!

Delete
Aug 2, 2009, 09:41 PM
I agree with ya furry 100%.
It's like if your on The Disney Channel, you got yourself a music career.
Here's another song that was sung by Disney Channel stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQnyQApzXDc

You choose rather it's good or bad, Imo.....it wasn't too bad, but still proves my point that Disney=you gotta sing.

furrypaws
Aug 3, 2009, 11:17 PM
...Oh, dear.

What's next? Rap?

But, I stumbled upon the greatest surprise today. Remember that red head from That's So Raven? Turns out she's actually not a half bad singer when she's not remixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmGBgP00rB0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0HQbyPzkH4&feature=related
Maybe it's just that I've been listening to all of this other junk, but it seems she's got quite the voice. Of course, she never really had a chance due to the fact that she wasn't a main character, which is quite unfortunate after listening to some of the stuff she's put out. She's kinda pretty too.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 4, 2009, 01:28 AM
Ok, I laughed at the Jonas Brothers version of Poor Unfortunate Souls. Here's another comparison.

(Basically, close to every track on Disney Mania is "revamped". Which makes me want to facepalm myself.)

The Jonas Brothers one really made me laugh to.

Facepalm yourself? Do you "facepalm" anything else?

furrypaws
Aug 4, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well, I could facepalm you if you'd like.