PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PSU's next event: Absolute Zero!

EspioKaos
Jun 24, 2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/090625a.html

Shougai PSO just posted details that were published in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation concerning the next upcoming event on the JP PSU servers.

* "Purification Order: Absolute Zero (http://www.psupedia.info/Absolute_Zero)" is the full name of the event. So far, a start date (outside of this summer) has not been given, but I expect we'll be seeing it very soon.
* Photon Reflectors will be released for use in the event.
* There will be special event-exclusive items released.
* Expect to see high level enemies during the event.

So far, that's pretty much all the info given. I expect SonicTeam will be updating their site with this info in the coming week (or days).

Dhylec
Jun 24, 2009, 01:43 PM
Heh, a cold event in the middle of summer? Mind blending? ;]

Palle
Jun 24, 2009, 01:54 PM
Finally, three years later, an excuse to include 'Contamination -ice-' in the online portion of the game. Maybe if the NA servers are still up by the time this event makes it through localization, I'll feel like paying for a Guardians' License again.

WBMike
Jun 24, 2009, 01:54 PM
Gah :( I've been waiting to see Icy Neudaiz again for such a long time.

burninglink5
Jun 24, 2009, 01:58 PM
Ice Break anyone? :)

Criss
Jun 24, 2009, 02:22 PM
Just as we learn that our update and event rewards still won't happen this week, an awesome event that everyone has been waiting for is announced for the JP side.

It really is night and day between the two servers... with us still being left in the dark.

darthplagis
Jun 24, 2009, 02:23 PM
NNNOOOOO!!! i hate photon reflectors :(

but when we get it on EU it wont really matter LOL, ill be too old to care :P

it will be nice to see icy neudiaz though, i aint been on offline in forever. although i hope we get the offline absolute zero too, icy moatoob plains with hundreds of creatures and ice hilde bears will be great fun

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jun 24, 2009, 02:35 PM
Sounds interesting, I have been waiting since 1UP-Fire Break for an ice event..Gonna be a while til we see it over here though which sucks..

Anon_Fire
Jun 24, 2009, 04:06 PM
How about, Icy Parum

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yes! I've always wanted this :wacko:

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't mind even just having the offline mission being brought online.

unicorn
Jun 24, 2009, 07:30 PM
FINALLY!!!! SOOO LONG.

I hope its similar to Fire Break. That was the BEST event to date. That is what events are supposed to be like!

Dark Phoenix5
Jun 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
not surprised JP got yet another update...........

pikachief
Jun 24, 2009, 08:49 PM
not surprised JP got yet another update...........

does that mean u werent surprised that last week got an update? and you shouldn't be surprised when we probably get one this week too then right? :) (if not next >.>)

anyways! yay! only 3 years late but we(well they) are finally getting Absolute Zero! lol XD

Arika
Jun 24, 2009, 08:53 PM
I know it!

It sound fishy when US get no update for more weeks than expected. It must mean that JP will get huge update during the same time.

Ryno
Jun 24, 2009, 08:54 PM
I always wonder if this event would cume out. becuase when i see videos of the ice mission on youtube I think when does this come out. ( never ) but now that i see on the JP servers. still going to take a long while for the US.
and I love the music it. Containment - Ice. in the background.

DAMASCUS
Jun 25, 2009, 12:02 AM
I was hoping they would make an 'Ice Break' based on that mission. I had givin' up hope on that.

The irony of course is that we will probably get it during the winter when it makes sense XD

I can't wait...early Merry Christmas everyone!!

HadesAlmighty
Jun 25, 2009, 12:24 AM
Wait...absolute zero
isn't that the event we've had for the last month?
Buh duh chsshhh

GUNcrazy12
Jun 25, 2009, 02:11 AM
Lol segac's view on global warmng... It's a bunch of bullshit!
Everyone knows it's getting colder! btw, ice age = major sled sesh!
lawl

DPShiro
Jun 25, 2009, 03:03 AM
I have waited so long for this, i hope this will reach NA/EU servers someday :)
I wonder what the new items will be hmm..

Ezodagrom
Jun 25, 2009, 04:29 AM
I was hoping they would make an 'Ice Break' based on that mission. I had givin' up hope on that.

The irony of course is that we will probably get it during the winter when it makes sense XD

I can't wait...early Merry Christmas everyone!!
Most likely we'll get it for winter 2010/2011...

ashley50
Jun 25, 2009, 04:50 AM
yay...this is nice.

Great Job SEGA :P

Fhin
Jun 25, 2009, 07:17 AM
Most likely we'll get it for winter 2010/2011...

I think the other servers won't last until this year. >_>

Libram
Jun 25, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hey, maybe we'll finally get those Popsicle swords I remember seeing a while back.

Kinako78
Jun 25, 2009, 08:30 AM
Sounds nice. I loved the ice SEED missions in offline PSU. Haven't been able to do them since I got AoI. :(

Dragwind
Jun 25, 2009, 05:06 PM
I think that it's interesting that they're doing this though...
Remember this thread? http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147476

Hopefully it doesn't have a MAG-type "feel" to it.

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2009, 10:50 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2009/

Still no date, but the JP event site is now open.

Dhylec
Jul 2, 2009, 11:22 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2009/

Still no date, but the JP event site is now open.

Heh, high drop rates & new rares for event look nice~

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2009, 11:27 PM
Just did a little translating of the site, and from the looks of it, it seems this event takes place before Shred the Darkness. It says that at some point after Laia earned the cooperation of the COG, Neudaiz's LSS stopped working. At this moment, a HIVE launched a large-scale attack by sending a new ice-type SEED core which quickly contaminated the planet, turning areas into icy wastelands.

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2009, 09:33 AM
The event site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2009/) was updated today. It says Absolute Zero will begin at some point this month. Now for the missions (all accessed from the GUARDIANS HQ counter on Clyez City 5F).

Absolute Zero (prologue mission)
Allow me to explain the current large-scale battle plan. I will be waiting for the participation of all GUARDIANS.
Client: Lou

Guide to Thawing (tutorial mission) 1-4 players, no mid-mission joining
This is a training mission that will explain how to use a Photon Reflector.

Heartless Ice Flowers C-S2 (event mission) 1-4 players, mid-mission joining OK
Previously the victim of a large-scale contamination, another contamination has been confirmed at Neudaiz's Old Hakura Temple. Using your Photon Reflectors, purify the outskirts of the frozen temple!

Subzero Challenge C-S2 (event mission) 1-4 players, no mid-mission joining
Suppress the SEED-Forms encountered in this frozen wasteland as quickly as possible! There's only a limited amount of time to clear the area, so the full cooperation of your party is indispensable!

(Subzero Challenge is accessed by first clearing Heartless Ice Flowers.)

Ice Crystal Exchange (item exchange mission)
Collect as many Rayspheres as you can to exchange for some very useful items at the Resident Security Department. Good luck!
Client: Fisule Godes

Hit the Counter! (present mission)
Oh... congratulations! You've hit the counter! Here's a present to commemorate defeating the 100,000th monster!
Client: Bunami Seagol

Dhylec
Jul 9, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hm, the style/flow is similar. It's like Firebreak mixed w/Carnival or some other recent event.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2009, 09:59 AM
It kinda seems like a mix between Firebreak, Advanced Missions ("stage" missions, Subzero Challenge being only available after doing Heartless Ice Flowers) and recent events (the spheres thinies). o:

Arika
Jul 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
It will be running on both 3 planet like fire break? (good!, time to split population again!)

Libram
Jul 9, 2009, 11:00 AM
Bunami! I get to here her complain about her own incompetence again. (which for some reason I find really cute)

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2009, 11:10 AM
It will be running on both 3 planet like fire break? (good!, time to split population again!)
No. All missions are accessed from a single counter (GUARDIANS HQ on Clyez City 5F).

Arika
Jul 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
bad. that will make it no different than STD.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 9, 2009, 01:28 PM
bad. that will make it no different than STD.

Why is this bad?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 9, 2009, 04:49 PM
Why is this bad?
Actually it's good... If you split the population 3 ways you'd have hardly anyone playing in each lobby.

landman
Jul 9, 2009, 05:03 PM
I would prefer if it was like firebreak, all the nubs playing on Neudaiz and the masochists on Moatoob lol jk

So about your translation Espio... it only affects planet Neudaiz??? offline mode has a frozen version of Desert Kugu, what a waste of a nice stage...

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2009, 05:10 PM
So about your translation Espio... it only affects planet Neudaiz??? offline mode has a frozen version of Desert Kugu, what a waste of a nice stage...
As far as the story is concerned, Neudaiz is the only planet under ice SEED attack. However, screenshots have shown contaminated locations on Moatoob (Kugu Desert, Vio Tonga). They may not get worked in as much as we'd like, though.

Kugu Desert is seen in the tutorial mission, "Guide to Thawing."
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2009/image/ss_mission_02.jpg

Vio Tonga is featured in the bonus mission, "Subzero Challenge."
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/ice2009/image/ss_mission_04.jpg

landman
Jul 9, 2009, 05:16 PM
So they are recycled virtual stages :S meh, better than nothing though.

Libram
Jul 10, 2009, 12:01 AM
I want to see Parum ice contamination.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 10, 2009, 01:37 AM
So... they magically teleport you from Neudaiz to Moatoob for the bonus mission after clearing the main mission eh?

landman
Jul 10, 2009, 01:42 AM
Better than having the boring Neudaiz landscape xD [/moatoob lover mode]

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Neudaiz is fine... Parum and it's field disco music on the other hand...