PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions about newmans

Lead Hose
Jun 24, 2009, 02:51 PM
Basically I have Newman that is a level 110 level 20 fortetecher. I'm fine with it except for the fact that my hp is at 2060, and almost everything on innocent girl can instant kill me. And it doesn't help that I can't move when casting spells. So what I want to know is are newmans any good at fighting or gunning? I mean like have decent hp, and decent atp? I know the thought of being a Newman that's anything but magic is weird, but they can't be that bad. Btw, the classes I'm looking at are mainly fighgunner and fortefighter, maybe even gunmaster.

Thanks

ab2502
Jun 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
not really.newmans are only real strenth in techer.switch to guntecher or wartecher if u want sum new things to play with

Criss
Jun 24, 2009, 02:58 PM
Newmen can do any class without problem. Of course you won't have the extra edge in stats that casts or beasts have, you might do a bit less damage, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to do the job. Having the right gear and leveled PAs will be more important for Newmen, but that's about it.

Neith
Jun 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
I've played (Female) Newman as:
- Fortefighter
- Fighgunner
- Acrofighter
- Wartecher
- Fortegunner
- Guntecher
- Acrotecher
- Fortetecher
- Fighmaster

You can do any of them fine. As long as you don't expect to outdamage players of different races (for example a Beast fF), you'll be fine. Just compensate the ATP deficit with higher % weapons (Promoto weapons are great for this for Fighters) and you shouldn't have too many problems.

The same applies for Gunner- Newman has the 2nd highest ATA anyway, and provided you can use a decent power unit, you'll be fine as Gunner too.

Obviously, Casts will be FAR superior as Gunner, and every race will be superior as Fighter, but it's doable (with decent results). Just don't expect a powerhouse of a character.

Honestly, most of the people who say they're useless as non-techers haven't tried it. I speak from experience, and Newmans can do other jobs; just not as efficently as other races. They're certainly not useless though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 24, 2009, 03:01 PM
The difference between a newman and an human as an hunter or ranger isn't that big. Newman is a little bit worse than human, but it is still an ok hunter/ranger.
A beast or a cast is alot better hunter or ranger than newman though, but a newman hunter/ranger is better than a cast or beast force.

RyuRoots
Jun 24, 2009, 04:02 PM
I main FF with Karina (switch to Figh now and again), and I've never had any real problems with her. Like Criss says, good PAs an d good equips are a slightly bigger deal, but aside from that you'll be fine. You'll be outdone in the HUEG NUMBARZ category, but if you just want to have fun and do something different, you'll be able to manage, no problem. The upcoming PA boost (assuming we ever get any of these) will be helpful for starting up some melee PAs.

Lead Hose
Jun 24, 2009, 04:40 PM
that's good to know, sounds like my Newman will be a fortefighter. Oh and my striking PA's really good. I have every ultimate pa, and nearly every pa above level 21. My beast has been a fighter for all of it's 152 levels, so I am fine on photon arts. I just need to get good percent weapons now.

Sinne
Jun 24, 2009, 05:09 PM
They will be fine. Everything will have its good and bad. Wartecher has nice stats, and Newmans should get a boost as one. It's basically a FF with techs. I have a male newman WT, and it was a blast. His stats at level 143, and WT 20 are...

HP - 3425
ATP - 1242
ATA - 608
TP - 1965
DFP - 299
EVP - 960
MST - 641
As a Fighgunner his stats are...

HP - 3105
ATP - 1449
ATA - 807
TP - 1117
DFP - 286
EVP - 586
MST - 384

I just posted these just to give you a look at what you'll be playing with incase you wanted to see actual numbers. Those are the only job I have leveled. Wel, I got AT to 16 but stopped when my Female Beast was sexier at it for my play style.

Lead Hose
Jun 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
That is actually a lot higher than I thought it would be. My beast at level 150 fighgunner 20 had around 3800 hp and it had about 1800 atp. This makes me think I actually stand a chance as a fortefighter. The only thing that sucks is that I need to get my hunter from 3 to 10. Time to join some white beast c or b rank parties !!

Sinne
Jun 24, 2009, 05:38 PM
Which servers do you play, btw? I am on PC.

Lead Hose
Jun 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm on the 360

Sinne
Jun 25, 2009, 05:32 PM
That blows. Figured we could play and I could show you my Newman in action, not to mention I am always in need of peeps to hang with. Our servers need Jesus to revive the community. :O