PDA

View Full Version : Idea: free month during the bonuses?

Sinne
Jun 24, 2009, 04:50 PM
I think sega should give everyone who has an account a free month during the bonuses... Just be like, we know we suck we're sorry so, heres a free month. Everyones account is active, enjoy a free month with bonuses. Come see the stuff we've added while you were gone! We'd love for you to come back! Come party with your friends, and catch up, and remember why you liked this game!!

But, yeah right... that'll happen. Although if they are smart, and want to lure people back they'd do it.

Do you think they should do this, or no?

Or, what's your suggestion?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jun 24, 2009, 05:02 PM
I'd say they should. I mean, in a business stand point it would be a great way to get back your customer's trust and not only that maybe get a few good marks. Sadly Sega doesn't think this way. Maybe they're too busy fapping over Bayonetta to care.

Rust
Jun 24, 2009, 05:18 PM
Prolly they should. Maybe not a full month, but at least a week.

PSU might be the only online pay-to-play games I know of that doesn't use that "returning player week" policy. Maybe ST could start picking up ideas from other online games that actually are good.

Yunfa
Jun 25, 2009, 07:50 AM
...?! A free month? WRONG! SEGA should be hoping their subscription will increase dramatically when the bonuses are released.

- Are you guys really that stingy to hold on to your $10?

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2009, 08:02 AM
...?! A free month? WRONG! SEGA should be hoping their subscription will increase dramatically when the bonuses are released.

LOL

I'm shocked no one thought of this sooner... are you guys serious?

Arika
Jun 25, 2009, 08:18 AM
Even they might give a free month sometimes later, they wouldn't do it on the bonus week, because that week is the major money source for them.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
they wouldn't do it on the bonus week, because that week is the major money source for them.

This.

I'd think its a good idea but im just thinking of the logic behind that.
It's not "likely" for them to do it.
Not really thinking much on.

Mainly becuase I can see someone now sooner or later saying "Where is our free month?: -.-

The_Brimada
Jun 25, 2009, 11:19 AM
If they were smart, they would do it then it would encourage people to resubscribe. What would be the point in getting all the 1337 stuff during bonus, then cancel your subscription? Sounds like a waste of time to me, it may actually make people feel this game is actually worth paying for later on.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
ridiculas, never going to happen.

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 12:31 PM
They shouldn't. They said we have rewards coming. We did well in an event. I really hate to sound like a complete dick (which would give people the wrong impression, as I'm actually a pretty nice friendly guy), but it doesn't say ANYWHERE in any terms of service, on the event website, when you sign up for the game, when you participate in the event, or anywhere else that the event rewards HAVE to come immediately after the event. It doesn't even say "two weeks later" or any other specific time frame as to when we get them, just "they will be in effect some time after the event ends."

Now, as for another reason why they shouldn't give us a free month, here's another thing. You still have access to the game. They didn't shut the servers down for an entire month with nobody able to play it, or even a portion of that time. There is quite literally no reason to give out a free month of play because they chose to not implement event rewards yet.

But hey, if you guys want to ask for it, go ahead. That's my reasoning as to why they shouldn't (and most likely won't) do what you ask. Oh, and don't bother with that "Then we won't play ever again, times infinity!" stuff - they're a company, they do their best to inform us of what's going on, and much like in a retail store, if a customer is yelling and screaming how horrible the store is and he never wants to go there again, the store simply says "Ok, no problem, you're not welcome here again. You come back, we call the cops." because it's a hell of a lot easier to say goodbye to one bad customer (what we are) than to have them stay around and make more people leave (either they don't want to deal with the cursing screaming guy, or they agree with him, as both are possibilities).

Just my two cents.

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 01:22 PM
It's not a matter of "most likely wont" it's a matter of, they absolutely will not.

As for getting a free month, I say no.
$10 is not a lot of money to pay for something you enjoy. If you don't want to pay, you have no reason to want a free month. If your asking for a free month it means you don't want to pay for something you want to do, which is asking for handouts. SEGA makes little money as it is with the PC/PS2 Servers, let them collect what's left.

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 01:25 PM
It's not a matter of "most likely wont" it's a matter of, they absolutely will not.

As for getting a free month, I say no.
$10 is not a lot of money to pay for something you enjoy. If you don't want to pay, you have no reason to want a free month. If your asking for a free month it means you don't want to pay for something you want to do, which is asking for handouts. SEGA makes little money as it is with the PC/PS2 Servers, let them collect what's left.

My sentiments exactly (worded probably better than how I said it, too). Hell, I'd pay $15 a month for this game, which is the usual "going rate" for monthly MMO fees nowadays.

The_Brimada
Jun 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
Lol just noting on that retail store tidbit, unless the customer is making a threat on your life or stealing, telling them to never come back will get you in trouble lol. I should know I did work in that environment for about 4 years. Retailers find you the worker as replaceable, not the consumer. Just thought id add that.

I'd like to see a free month but don't actually see it happening. I'm already going to pay for it anyway so it doesn't matter much to me. Though if it were a free month along with the reward period people would have less reason to bitch, since its free anyway. :p

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 01:29 PM
Eh, been a while since I was in retail (remember the big Circuit City layoff of two years ago or so, their first attempt at salvaging before going under?). My managers pretty much told the CSA's (the front counter people) that if they rant and rave REALLY loud for more than 5 minutes, cut them loose, or get the manager so THEY could cut them loose. Wasn't a really good strategy, but sometimes it was "I bought this DVD, and didn't like it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! It's obvious you don't stand behind your products." Then again, I live in a REAL cheap city, so go figure...

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know about paying more, but I do enjoy the game as is.
$10 bucks really isn't a lot of money, even for a poor person. If $10 is a lot of money to pay, you should be saving your money for something else that would help you in the long run anyway.

Retail....don't know anything about it....I worked at a skating rink for 3 years, then a mental health facility for 2 years. That's all I know lol.

Sinne
Jun 25, 2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, love all the we're just looking for a hand out, and don't wanna pay for it comments. All I am saying is for those people who used to play, and don't anymore because of Sega's bullshit, it getting boring, it losing a lot of the population and it being a ghost town. All the errors, or whatever other reasons made them leave.

I know they do what they can with what they have. I am just saying if they wanted a shot at getting people back they'd give people a free month to come back, and re-check the game out earn some cool stuff, and get some stuff leveled. Then they'd be like... Wow, I got somewhere, and it was fun again, there was people to play with I think I'll give this a whirl. Duh, not all people think this way... But, at the rate the game is going especially on the PC/PS2 side the servers aren't going to last THAT much longer. I am not after a free month. I want a fucking community to play with... >.>

I still play after the error 65 where they offered me a free month, and yes they turned it back on... But, they also charged me a week later, and then again when it was supposed to renew anyways... So, I never got my free month... And I have a lot of people who went through the same thing... We all still play. It's not the money its the fact the game is dying, and its getting boring with no one ever on to do anything with. I just want them to attempt to try and revive this gying game. A lot of the people who made those comments must play on the xbox where theres still people playing and enough to have fun... If you were on PC/PS2 you'd see a real problem with the almost non-existent community...

It's just me shooting an idea out there as something they could try to get some people back into the game. A lot of these games that are online yes the game itself has to be fun, but hello almost everyone will agree its the new people we meet, and play with to have fun, and chat with while playing. It's an online game we pay to play with people, talk with new people, and have fun while playing the actual game.

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
...then a mental health facility for 2 years.

Hahaha, guess what line of work I went to (and am still in) after MY retail experience? Gotta love working at an MH clinic, such good "you won't believe what happened today" stories...

Also, that sucks that they never gave you your free month, I can see why you'd be upset at them. That's understandable. Did you put in a support ticket, or ask anyone over there what happened?

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
The community is fine where it's numbers are at.
SEGA obviously makes enough money from it to keep the pc/ps2 side going.
I get error 065 every time I use a new card to subscribe....happened like 5 times already no lie.
They don't offer you a free month (if they did offer you I want to see proof lol). All they do is push the payment through.

MH facilities are awesome, specially for the stories. It's also a very interesting place to meet crazy co-workers lol.
Sometimes I think the workers are crazier than the patients lmao.

Sinne
Jun 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
I was pissed of course when they pulled that shit, but not over the money... Just the fact they tried to apologize with a free month, and then they charged me... It was like they were saying... "I'm so sorry for the 065 error... heres a free month, and a hug... <pick-pockets me during the hug> You're good this month, but we'll see you for the payment next month..." And flipped me off while leaving...

And, I sent them like three tickets... One, gave them a week... Another, gave them a week... And it always sent me the e-mail saying they got my ticket and someone would contact me... And after the last time I was like... "I still never got my free month, thanks for my "free" month..." To this day I have never recieved a reply mentioning anything... Not even... "We just don't know what happened, sorry nothing we can do about it now." Cause at least I would have been replied too, and apologized to seeing as the first one was a lie...

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
Eh, sometimes I think it might be a "right-hand not knowing what the left's doing" thing. I know another game I played, I was supposed to get an item when I hit level 10 or so, and it stays with me and levels as I level. Well, I never got it, sent a reply, and got a reply of "We fixed that a long time ago, you should have it" about a week later. Didn't have it, never got it, but said screw it and made myself better stuff anyway. Then I quit the game, but only because my PSU love interest was rekindled.

Yeah, that does suck though. I guess you could have theoretically disputed the charges when it happened, because they charged you but weren't supposed to, and you had proof they said they wouldn't, but if it was a long time ago, you're kind of stuck with it.

Sinne
Jun 25, 2009, 02:22 PM
Wow, I'm being called out now... Cause, I'm obviously lying. /sigh It wasn't offered to just me for just getting a random 065... THE 065 fiasco from last year during MAG... Where like week into MAG people were dropping like flies cause they were getting 065 when their sub was supposed to re-activate. After like 3 weeks they were like... We got it fixed, sorry... We are going to compensate everyone who was affected with a free month, and they extended MAG, and I think brought it back again later. That's what I was talking about and two of my PSU friend also got charged a little after they turned it back on.

Also, it's obviously not making them lose money, but thats thanks to the 360 side, which doesn't fix the fact theres no one on the PC/PS2 servers really. Our community is almost dead, and you obviously play on the 360 servers, this doesn't affect you so you feel differently about it. It's just a way to scam a free month cause we're poor, and just want hand outs, or don't see why we should ever have to pay for anything. Theres nothing wrong, it's all me. :D

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 02:30 PM
Actually, I play on the pc/ps2 side. It's not dead, you just have to look around.
I play with over 20 people on a weekly basis because I choose to play with only those people. It may not seem like a lot, but it really is.
There's plenty of people out there, trust me.
(pc/ps2 side since december 06 btw)

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 02:38 PM
I also play exclusively on the PC / PS2 servers, and have since the original PSU came out. I think the problem with the small community on the PC servers is the fact that everyone's splintered off into one of two playstyles - those that run one mission with a variety of people, and those that run with a small group almost exclusively. I pretty much run stuff either solo or with a few trusted friends, mainly because I'm hunting something down for myself, or because I don't feel like playing White Beast. There's nothing saying I won't take on people aside from me and friends - they're just the only ones I see online who are willing to do other stuff.

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 02:39 PM
Edit: Delete this please, double post because sometimes, it's one of those days, and sometimes, it's one of those days.

Whoops.

RemiusTA
Jun 25, 2009, 02:41 PM

- Are you guys really that stingy to hold on to your $10?

Okay i dont know about you, butFUCK paying $10 a month for constant fuckups and broken promises. Its like going to MacDonalds, ordering a Chicken McNugget combo, and they give you a bag with fries a sprite and a box no mother fucking chicken nuggets in it. Yeah, you can go back to the store and complain, and probably get your chicken nuggets back too. But the fact you had to waste your fucking gas to drive back up to the store makes getting what you PAID for no longer satisfiying. I deserve not only extra nuggets, but I deserve to slap your monkey ass for wasting my goddamn time.

Ive just started to notice that it is almost NEVER the game itself that pisses me off...its SEGA themselves. I was enjoying my new PSU experience very well this month, and the EXACT moment I resubscribe to this game, SEGA decides to delay its promises 2 weeks in a row with no compensation, not even a fucking ARTICLE on the main page. Its just like "SORRY LOL I WAS BUSY THIS WEEK WAIT ANOTHER SEVEN DAYS OH WAIT I GET MY HAIR DONE NEXT FRIDAY BUT ILL TELL U WHEN OKAY"...It just completely saps all the fun out of what you're doing. Why am I enjoying playing a game that is destined to fail because the company running it cant even do something so simple as change rates on the server? Why am I paying someone to CONSTANTLY fuck me over? And then not give a damn about doing it?

Fuck sega. I hope they ALL go bankrupt and have all their key franchises bought out by a company with more integrity. And I really do mean that with full intent.

There is nothing wrong with PSU except the people who own it. Ive just today figured this out. I dont have ANY problems with this game (Yeah i dont care about the population that only runs one mission their whole lives, or the unbalanced issues, they're all pretty minor to me at this point) except when we are promised extra content that we are constantly paying for, and then they deny us the content with no explanation, compensation, or indication that they even give a fuck.

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 02:45 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
Okay i dont know about you, but FUCK paying $10 a month for constant fuckups and broken promises. Its like going to MacDonalds, ordering a Chicken McNugget combo, and they give you a bag with fries a sprite and a box no mother fucking chicken nuggets in it. Yeah, you can go back to the store and complain, and probably get your chicken nuggets back too. But the fact you had to waste your fucking gas to drive back up to the store makes getting what you PAID for no longer satisfiying. I deserve not only extra nuggets, but I deserve to slap your monkey ass for wasting my goddamn time.

Ive just started to notice that it is almost NEVER the game itself that pisses me off...its SEGA themselves. I was enjoying my new PSU experience very well this month, and the EXACT moment I resubscribe to this game, SEGA decides to delay its promises 2 weeks in a row with no compensation, not even a fucking ARTICLE on the main page. Its just like "SORRY LOL I WAS BUSY THIS WEEK WAIT ANOTHER SEVEN DAYS OH WAIT I GET MY HAIR DONE NEXT FRIDAY BUT ILL TELL U WHEN OKAY"...It just completely saps all the fun out of what you're doing. Why am I enjoying playing a game that is destined to fail because the company running it cant even do something so simple as change rates on the server? Why am I paying someone to CONSTANTLY fuck me over? And then not give a damn about doing it?

Fuck sega. I hope they ALL go bankrupt and have all their key franchises bought out by a company with more integrity. And I really do mean that with full intent. There is nothing wrong with PSU except the people who own it.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

(first time I get to use this)
tl;dr
I stopped reading at FUCK
Anyway, there are no constant "fuckups and broken promises" when it comes to PSU.
It's just the lack of updates people are most upset about. As for the "fuckups" name a few major fuckups...
(players hacking through GG is NOT SEGA's fault or messup)

Also, SEGA NEVER said we are getting the update for the bonuses right away. If you were to read the "news" about it, it says the "following update" which we haven't got yet, so it's no big deal.
When we get the next update, and there's no rewards, then you can complain about that.

The_Brimada
Jun 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
There really isn't many people online on the PC/PS2 server. Even when I do go to the dreaded uni2 for a game. The community is indeed pretty small. There are enough people to play with, but don't make it seem like its THAT easy to find people over here(unless its an event).

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 02:51 PM
Uh, you guys must be doing something wrong. I was just playing like an hour ago and there were over 6 parties in WB (you may hate it, but that's where people are) and there were many more people outside in the lobby. Now, if you say it's hard to find a party outside of WB then your telling the truth.

The_Brimada
Jun 25, 2009, 02:57 PM
This is PSU, not white beast online.....

RemiusTA
Jun 25, 2009, 03:08 PM
[/spoiler-box]

(first time I get to use this)
tl;dr
I stopped reading at FUCK
Anyway, there are no constant "fuckups and broken promises" when it comes to PSU.
It's just the lack of updates people are most upset about. As for the "fuckups" name a few major fuckups...
(players hacking through GG is NOT SEGA's fault or messup)

Also, SEGA NEVER said we are getting the update for the bonuses right away. If you were to read the "news" about it, it says the "following update" which we haven't got yet, so it's no big deal.
When we get the next update, and there's no rewards, then you can complain about that.

Yeah im under the impression you haven't been playing this game too long, have you. and if you have, i guess you just enjoy shitty service. 065 error did it for me with Sega and their bull. Free month didn't stop me from quitting for about 11 months. The fact they still CHARGED people pissed me off even farther. They fuck everything up.

And i dont know why people defend sega so valiantly during situations like this. You may be annoyed of complaining, but its 110% justified. "OH THEY SAID WE'RE GETTING AWARDS BUT DIDNT SAY WHEN LOL THERES NO REASON TO COMPLAIN WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING 3 MONTHS IS NOTHING!" The hell? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

The_Brimada
Jun 25, 2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah and the fact they actually did say when we would get it and took it back just shows how much sega fails. I'm sorry it has to be said.

My mistake they half-assed it.. we did get something.(mostly the stuff ppl didn't care for)

Calsetes
Jun 25, 2009, 03:22 PM
It'd sound dumb if it was 3 months for the wait. It's been.... what, a week since the event wended that they got us our items, and another week or two since then before we'll know if we get the update?

I didn't like your response either, but my problem was frequent use of the f-word all throughout it. Other than that, go ahead and complain. Everyone's got a right to an opinion, no matter how batshit-crazy it is or isn't. I'm still pretty happy with their service though.

Edit: And I have played this long too, say it with me now: "I've played since launch of V1." The only real break I've had was for a year when my computer didn't work. I guess when the power company hooks a 240-volt line into your house's 120-volt input line, most of your electronics don't like it. Or your surge protector, when it fries after being on for an hour with this double-voltage line.

Sinne
Jun 25, 2009, 04:30 PM
A lot of the time when I play I am at WB, cause I don't mind that mission, good stuff still drops there. Also, I know thats where everyone goes to get shit accomplished leveling, and class leveling wise. I'll go there and there will be 4 missions a couple lower, and like two locked S2. So, I'll start an S2 myself, and no one enters it. After a while of that I'm like... "Yeah... this rocks..." And, sometimes what makes it funnier is there'll be like 15 people in the lobby talking about random shyt, and I'll be like... "Hi, anyone want to do an S2 run?" No one answers me, or they'll say "not right now." Which is fine they pay to do whatever they feel like.

And, you're right I'm doing it wrong despite the fact that most of the day theres no filled in stars in any of the universes. And theres a couple hours of the day where theres one full star and that is when I'll find a party if I do. And, its good to hear you got people to play with, not a lot of us can say that right now. Like all but 6 people are on through out my whole card list, and those are mostly people that do their own thing, or I didn't know very well.

I just want them to do SOMETHING to get people to come back.

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah im under the impression you haven't been playing this game too long, have you. and if you have, i guess you just enjoy shitty service. 065 error did it for me with Sega and their bull. Free month didn't stop me from quitting for about 11 months. The fact they still CHARGED people pissed me off even farther. They fuck everything up.

And i dont know why people defend sega so valiantly during situations like this. You may be annoyed of complaining, but its 110% justified. "OH THEY SAID WE'RE GETTING AWARDS BUT DIDNT SAY WHEN LOL THERES NO REASON TO COMPLAIN WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING 3 MONTHS IS NOTHING!" The hell? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Been playing since december 06...
It's been 3 weeks buddy.

RemiusTA
Jun 25, 2009, 06:16 PM
It has turned into months in the past, buddy.

I didn't like your response either, but my problem was frequent use of the f-word all throughout it.Fuck fickity fick fack fook. Sorry when i get angry i curse more than i should have (and almost ever do in real life). But it goes without saying...sega pisses me the fuck off.

Powder Keg
Jun 25, 2009, 06:57 PM

No one's really defending Sega. You're just taking your whining to a whole new level.

Sega's trolling you pretty hard right now.

LordRenvolt
Jun 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
a free month wouldnt be too cool all the noobs from the demo would join in and suddenly the 4rth floor is full of noobs spammin porn for sale.....LOL

RemiusTA
Jun 25, 2009, 09:39 PM
No one's really defending Sega. You're just taking your whining to a whole new level.

Sega's trolling you pretty hard right now.

Well if you dont like it, dont click on a thread asking for compensation thats never going to happen then.

And yes, Sega is "trolling" me pretty damn hard right now. Thing is, that's a bit more detrimental to them than it is to me. Im not the only one pissed off.

roardova lengths
Jun 25, 2009, 09:42 PM
It's a pretty much careless attitude through out the syndicate... But it's all good, just as long as I have three ppl I'm cool with online, I always have people to tear down Rare Missions with... I pretty much solo a lot and thank goodness for Innocent Girl!

Volcompat321
Jun 26, 2009, 07:27 AM
Well if you dont like it, dont click on a thread asking for compensation thats never going to happen then.

And yes, Sega is "trolling" me pretty damn hard right now. Thing is, that's a bit more detrimental to them than it is to me. Im not the only one pissed off.

You do realize the thread is called "Idea: free month during the bonuses?"
Right? It's not titled "WE HATE SEGAC".
I have a message to all that hate complainers that complain...
Get over yourselves.
The compensation will happen. It was never specified when we will get the rest, like I posted before, it says with the next maintenance. That "next maintenance" hasn't took place yet.

I have to say this more than once obviously, because it doesn't sink into your head-
Get over yourselves.