PDA

View Full Version : Character deleated after a 9 month break ???

Lysop
Jun 26, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hello I´ve played PSU for nearly 2 years but I was busy with work and so I had to stop playing for 9 months and thats why I cancelled my guardians license, Im back at home again. Now my question is : If I buy a new license , can I get back my characters and my account after a 9 months break or is that impossible ???

I hope someone can help me,
and please excuse my english if something is wrong, I live in germany .

Thank you !!!

Unit D79
Jun 26, 2009, 07:28 AM
if any of your characters had a shop, then we can check to see if its there still.

Volcompat321
Jun 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
No one has actually reported an account deletion, though it has been said it could happen.
I took a 10 month break a while back, and I signed back up with no problem.

Lysop
Jun 26, 2009, 07:35 AM
oh I have to say Im playing on xbox 360, my main character is called lysop it would be very friendly if someone can check it because if I would buy a new license now and i cant sign in with my old account I would waste 10 dollar which is unnecessary because i dont want to play if I had to begin again

NiceOnes
Jun 26, 2009, 09:42 AM
I will look when I get home if no one else hasn't by then...

However I'm willing to place a wager that your character is still intact. I left for 18 months and everything was as I left it.

SEGAC can't even proccess weekly updates let alone manage unused accounts. It would require them to punch a few more keys and click a couple more mouse buttons in order to make that happen and we all know they arn't capable.

Volcompat321
Jun 26, 2009, 10:01 AM
I will look when I get home if no one else hasn't by then...

However I'm willing to place a wager that your character is still intact. I left for 18 months and everything was as I left it.

SEGAC can't even proccess weekly updates let alone manage unused accounts. It would require them to punch a few more keys and click a couple more mouse buttons in order to make that happen and we all know they arn't capable.

Less accounts on a server=more money saved for not storing and whatnot. Right?
(I have no idea what I'm talking about, just a guess at why they would delete)

"Deleated", eh?
VVVV

...and please excuse my english if something is wrong, I live in germany.

Warlock01
Jun 26, 2009, 05:20 PM
i tried searching shop name as "lysop" but no shop found.

maybe you could contact sega and ask them?
send in a ticket over at http://help.sega.com and one of the gamemaster's should have a look for you.
just be patient they get a LOT of requests everyday and sometimes it takes them a few days to respond.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 26, 2009, 09:45 PM
Well, sometimes shops don't show up until the character with the shop signs in. I stopped for a year and came back, mine was fine. Just give it a shot is all I can say.

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2009, 09:46 PM
Sega doesnt get enough players to delete accounts.

Volcompat321
Jun 27, 2009, 02:16 AM
Also remember this, a player must have something in shop on sale for the name to come up.
I tested this with my characters shops.

gamewarp
Jun 27, 2009, 05:53 AM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm119/gamewarp/27062009008.jpg

Warlock01
Jun 27, 2009, 07:33 AM
nice dude.

Volcompat321
Jun 27, 2009, 07:59 AM
Now we know the theories about SEGA deleting accounts have been false.

Lysop
Jun 27, 2009, 10:46 AM
thanks a lot you helped me very much ^^ i will try it today !!!

Melan
Jun 27, 2009, 05:11 PM
Now we know the theories about SEGA deleting accounts have been false.

You take one person and judge the whole theory as true or false?

I can get my friend to reinstate her account for a photo shoot too if you like. It won't be as pretty.

I am not meaning to be offensive, but one person, logging in after a nine month break does not prove anything.

The people who have had their accounts deleted are simply gone and not here. How would you feel when you logged into your account after just a two month break and the thing was wiped? Your characters were all there but all level ones and there was nothing left in your pm or storage.

Admittedly, it has been justified as since it was during Mag that while attempting to correct the error, some accounts got wiped. Well don't go praising Sega and nonchalantly stating that accounts being wiped are nonexistent when you don't really know if that is true or not and how often it occurs.

It occurs, and you are still lucky if you log in after a break and your account is "as is."

Volcompat321
Jun 27, 2009, 05:31 PM
I base that on a few things.
I took a 10 month break a while back too, as I said in this thread already.
My friend has been away for 12 months, and recently came back (yesterday actually) (character name Todasa)
My other friend took about a 15 month break, and signed up along with the first friend (yesterday) (character name Gareth)
Both people I know RL.
So, that's 4 accounts to disprove the "SEGA deleting accounts".

There has never been reports of a two month break and character deletion. If there is, proof please. I want a post from yes a year ago saying there were deletions (not accounts being banned).
Thanks, try again :D

Powder Keg
Jun 27, 2009, 06:08 PM
I've also had multiple friends who have returned after being away for 6+ months. There's no need for Sonic Team to purge inactive accounts, as the playerbase is nowhere near what was anticipated.

Volcompat321
Jun 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
Plus on top of no reason to delete, people always take long breaks from PSU and return. It's how it's always been.

Melan
Jun 28, 2009, 12:06 AM
I don't have to prove anything to you. I am just stating to you that people's accounts do get wiped. My friend basically only played the game during Mag, got stuck in the error, the error was corrected on her account and than she deactivated it. She went to reactivate it during the Magashi event to find that her account was completely wiped. She was a casual player and did nothing against TOS. Her account was never shared with anyone, and no one broke into it.

If you want to believe that accounts don't get wiped that is your free choice. Go right ahead. However, I do know accounts do get wiped only if it is by some random accident or simply the "will of the maiden." It is not some made up PSU urban legend, and I really hope that it never happens to you.

But I am not one to say to all the people that had the misfortune of having their accounts wiped that they are not telling the truth, and I have no idea why you are doing just that.

Volcompat321
Jun 28, 2009, 12:11 AM
You should stop while your head.
It doesn't matter that much.

SStrikerR
Jun 28, 2009, 12:24 AM
I don't have to prove anything to you. I am just stating to you that people's accounts do get wiped. My friend basically only played the game during Mag, got stuck in the error, the error was corrected on her account and than she deactivated it. She went to reactivate it during the Magashi event to find that her account was completely wiped. She was a casual player and did nothing against TOS. Her account was never shared with anyone, and no one broke into it.

If you want to believe that accounts don't get wiped that is your free choice. Go right ahead. However, I do know accounts do get wiped only if it is by some random accident or simply the "will of the maiden." It is not some made up PSU urban legend, and I really hope that it never happens to you.

But I am not one to say to all the people that had the misfortune of having their accounts wiped that they are not telling the truth, and I have no idea why you are doing just that.

Accounts that are wiped would have EVERYTHNG deleted, which includes characters. Nice try bro.