PDA

View Full Version : Least Played Missions:

RagolianHunter
Jun 26, 2009, 02:52 PM
A. What do you think the least played missions are and why?
B. What could ST do to increase these dead zones, creating a bigger world for us to explore?

Let's throw some ideas around, you never know who might be reading.

DISCUSSION ON!

Mikura
Jun 26, 2009, 02:56 PM
Practically all the Moatoob missions except Awoken Serpent have been dead for ages. They really need a GBR or GM event on Moatoob soon to get people back there.

Calsetes
Jun 26, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think a lot of the V1 missions are also pretty dead, aside from the few that give good drops at a low rate (like any mission with the Degahna). I think if they added the S3 ranks there soon, it would draw people back in. I remember playing Plains Overlord soooooo many times when the game came out. I still really like that mission, as simple as it is.

That won't happen for a while though, so here's hoping.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2009, 03:20 PM
How to get people to play underplayed missions...

Well, that might actually make it impossible to party, if you spread out the remaining population.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'd play the older missions more often if there were decent valuables to be found.

Ruru
Jun 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
mostly any V1 mission aside from hives/fakis missions and sleeping warriors/duel sentinal/duel in the ruins missions are pretty much dead. all of moatoob for sure.

the only thing they really could do to make those particular missions more playable would be to update the MP pay out at the end of the missions as well as add better drops or make the existing drop rate higher.

S3 missions will bring in people for sure but the old S-S2 missions will still be useless if they leave them as they are now.

SearingSorrow
Jun 26, 2009, 04:20 PM
All the dead missions are either ones that

A. Their enemy levels are lower than 120 - No challenge
B. Nothing good drops there
C. No good MP / EXP compared to other missions

Thats why when GBR comes around for Colony / Moatoob the older missions will get played again with S3 difficulties.

RagolianHunter
Jun 26, 2009, 04:28 PM
Agree with all posts thus far.

Imagine if any item could drop from any enemy at a particular level of course?

Would be much more diverse.

While I agree that more eventful rewarding mission may furthur spread the population it might just also bring players back.

IMAGINE THIS: what if at random you could FIND A FREE MONTH meaning no pay period...

could be of interest.

Or other things to initaite our incentive to FIGHT ON!

Just random thoughts on a random day.

SEGA GET UR CREATIVE CAP ON!

darkante
Jun 26, 2009, 04:56 PM
Most V1 mission are forsaken for good reasons.
They are just not worth running.

A simple diffculty upgrade, MP boost and worthwhile stuff to hunt.
And they will gain a purpose again.

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2009, 07:17 PM
Practically all the Moatoob missions except Awoken Serpent have been dead for ages. They really need a GBR or GM event on Moatoob soon to get people back there.

This.

Really sad, because Moatoob is a pretty awesome planet. Its outdoor stages anyway -- all the indoor stages in this game save for the AotI cave variants are ugly.

Triple_S
Jun 26, 2009, 08:13 PM
all the indoor stages in this game save for the AotI cave variants are ugly.

Even the PSO levels? ;.;

roardova lengths
Jun 26, 2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah, Moatoob is basically a dead zone... You might catch a few zombies here and there, but I love Caves of Ice, it's my 2nd favorite mission. But I have assembled a pretty mean Bruce's Dungeon S Ranks team... Just mastered S rank with two minutes to spare after the second try. Time to get those [B] Gudda Iggacs!!! XD Thank you Calsetes, ADA & Keilyn...

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2009, 09:46 PM
Even the PSO levels? ;.;

those dont count

But yeah the Forest is ugly too.

HienkyakuX
Jun 26, 2009, 09:48 PM
Mizuraki Defense, The Holy Ground, The Eastern Peril, System Defense, Rogues' Shortcut, Train Rescue

SStrikerR
Jun 26, 2009, 10:14 PM
Crimsooooooooooon Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast!
Oh god, good times. Kerse'd.

Mizari
Jun 26, 2009, 11:13 PM
I don't know for sure about least played, but probably the most useless free mission has got to be Mad Creatures on Parum:

~ a paltry 19 MP awarded...ON S2
~ no clear/boss boxes at the end
~ best drops are Phantom (regular enemies) and Giga/Skill PP Save (Rappies)...just about as good as level 95 enemies can drop, I guess
~ has Go Vahras, which I happen to really hate
~ used to be an okay place for leveling new characters, but with the addition of Innocent Girl, M.C. is now completely obsolete
~ I prefer other missions for PM leveling, although I guess M.C. wouldn't be the worst choice ever

Pretty much the only time most people run this mission, I think, is when they have yet to access the AMF field base lobby. After that...

Kylie
Jun 27, 2009, 01:23 AM
V1 missions, duh. They need their rewards tweaked to help compete with the AotI missions.

The Moatoob missions in particular are ignored; a lot of Paum missions are too.

GeekRuler
Jun 27, 2009, 02:02 AM
Eastern Peril and Rouge's Shortcut are the least played, they never even had a hayday when they first came out, let alone two years later.

tadtwisted
Jun 27, 2009, 02:35 AM
Crimsooooooooooon Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast!
Oh god, good times. Kerse'd.

best mission in the game... second is Lab Recovery, 3 words "room of doom" megid spitting jarba's and Polavohra's for days all that for 4 end boxes. if they gave those missions lv 170+ mobs they would be the funnest and hardest missions in the game, it would be beautiful torture :bondage:

LeynasMoon
Jun 27, 2009, 07:58 PM
best mission in the game... second is Lab Recovery, 3 words "room of doom" megid spitting jarba's and Polavohra's for days all that for 4 end boxes. if they gave those missions lv 170+ mobs they would be the funnest and hardest missions in the game, it would be beautiful torture :bondage:

Can't agree with this any more than humanly possible.
I don't even care about the rewards in V1 missions, I just want to have people play them with me again, for old time's sakes.
Adding a sick difficult boost in the enemies would be really, really nice.

roardova lengths
Jun 28, 2009, 04:00 PM
Seriously my Bruce's Dungeon team are deadly... All you need is a PT, FM, AT & GM...

TheAlphaMale
Jun 28, 2009, 11:11 PM
Oh, Bruce. That was fun, you needed to wrangle a party up to play it and there was a timer and some skill needed to play. That was back on the level 80 cap?

Yuicihi
Jun 29, 2009, 12:00 AM
Least played? Well, if I were to be cheeky, I'd say practically everything that isn't White Beast.

Re-balancing the missions would do the game good. Give the other missions a boost in enemy levels, mission points, and drops, and you'd probably see more diversity rather than everyone sitting in the Pavilion of Air. Then again, they might just stay at White Beast.

ab2502
Jun 29, 2009, 12:04 AM
moatoob is dead true but when S3's come out instead of everyone at WB it will all disperse around the PSU world.you can pretty much do what ever mission drops and item you want.so it will hopefully get better and people will do other missions.i will be hunting a vijernia / power from de ragan. hit me on xbox if u want to play GT: yx ANDREW xy

Calsetes
Jun 29, 2009, 07:53 AM
Seriously my Bruce's Dungeon team are deadly... All you need is a PT, FM, AT & GM...

Bah, just wait until I get my bread and butter class out, Roar. Bruce's Dungeon will be safer than walking through Central Park in the middle of the day with a swarm of Secret Service guards around you whose sole duty is to make sure not one hair on your head is out of place.

People can keep their FMs all they want - give me some swords and a handgun and let me go to town.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jun 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
Dead missions include all of Moatoob, but personally I have run a couple De Role missions looking for the muktengek board or even an ank zagza board if it drops..People rarely play Bruce anymore even though the Gudda Iggac board is quite rewarding. To get more people to play a certain mission, Segac could introduce promo weapons for a competition to see who can complete the mission and S rank it the fastest...I know they've done things like this before but a little medal room decoration doesn't cut it. Another suggestion is implementing more rare enemies that only appear on particular plantes (Ie Moatoob), and get rid of the set map bullshit because its no fun just restarting the mission when you dont have the rare board. I miss the days that you could walk into a random room and a rare enemy would be sitting there and you didnt expect it.

Calsetes
Jun 29, 2009, 12:56 PM
I miss the days that you could walk into a random room and a rare enemy would be sitting there and you didn't expect it.

You mean... actually have something be a SURPRISE!?!? Perish the thought! If we were to depend on something as fickle as "luck" to determine who gets what, some of us would lose that awesomeness that only comes from playing 30 hours a day!

On a more serious note though, that would actually be cool. I know I would have gotten so much money and MP if I had actually completed every single run of Flowery Pursuit that I started... and yet, still not a single stupid crown. I'd cry that they're imaginary and completely made-up if I didn't see several drop and go to other people instead of me. Although maybe I'm just hallucinating it and they're actually getting nothing more than Perori Mates and Steamed Milk...?

wdpir32k3
Jun 29, 2009, 01:07 PM
What they need to do is re amp the older missions. Im so sick of TOP AIR!

Yuicihi
Jun 29, 2009, 02:45 PM
You mean... actually have something be a SURPRISE!?!? Perish the thought! If we were to depend on something as fickle as "luck" to determine who gets what, some of us would lose that awesomeness that only comes from playing 30 hours a day!Yeah, we're so awesome, we can change how long a day is!

But yeah, would be nice to see something like that.

Calsetes
Jun 29, 2009, 03:07 PM
Apparently you never got the memo saying to conserve energy costs, we now have only 3 days a week. Guess where those extra hours went?

Vickie
Jun 29, 2009, 11:01 PM
Definitely Fight for food s2