PDA

View Full Version : Should I bother subscribing?

@lk3m1zt
Jun 30, 2009, 02:53 AM
I really am interested in PSU I've been a fan of PSO on GC and PSOBB for a long time. Should I bother subscribing though? I feel like I would be so far behind that people probably wouldn't even play me. What would I be able to look forward to if I subscribed again? What is more popular PC/PS2 or 360? I did play back when PSU was released I left I guess people just kept farming that dragon boss and I got bored.

:-?

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 30, 2009, 03:45 AM
A event is about to start with boosted xp so now would be a great time to start up again and you won't take to long to catch up at all.
The 360 version is far more popular and you will always be able to find a party.
Your character should still be there too as nobody's character has been deleted yet.

SEVENDUST
Jun 30, 2009, 04:21 AM
dude i've been on this game for years now and its totaly worth geting back into it, i watch the ID numbers that are on players characters, names, classes and ID numbers above there heads
i watch and see it go up and add by a 1000+ at least every month or so, so i know new players join all the time... its totaly ok to be a low LVL theres so many of them and very easy to find a party to hard not to get in one. plus a tone of new gear that is affordable if you have no money all you is about 100k and you can have top gear =) so yeah you shouldn't worrie about geting back on man.

Yuicihi
Jun 30, 2009, 07:21 AM
Considering how long I've been playing, my level is actually pretty pathetic, now that I think about it.

The 360 version has a larger, more diverse population, but the normal stipulations go with that. Parties are fairly plentiful, but become far more so when events come around. Just, uh, don't expect too much variety in which missions you're going to be running if you want to party up.

But yeah, just remember that you'll get up there with everyone else eventually. Just hopefully not as slowly as I've been crawlinig.

@lk3m1zt
Jun 30, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks, and also what is the deal with this expansion? Should I buy it?

The_Pew
Jun 30, 2009, 01:48 PM
I recently returned to Phantasy Star Universe from World of Warcraft. For a lot of reason, mainly because of the raising cost of a subscription and the 3-5 hour raids.

I'm on the PS2/PC side, so I can't speak for the 360 side. On the PS2/PC side there seems to be a small and close knit online population. Almost everyone seems to be very friendly, understanding, and helpful.

I don't think you'll have a hard time leveling up to join the big boys. There's a mission that starts in the G.R.M. Shop on Parum, Innocent Girl. It's relatively easy to complete and very rewarding in terms of experience.

I hardly see anyone messing with De Ragan. I mainly go where everyone else is and for the moment it seems to be White Beast on Neudaiz. From what I can tell people switch between different missions based on the player activity and reward.

The expansion offers new content and types. The expansion is standalone so it is not dependent on the earlier version.

Enlightening links:
Missons: http://psupedia.info/Missions
Types: http://psupedia.info/Types

Tetsaru
Jun 30, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the AotI expansion is pretty much mandatory for full enjoyment of the game. Good luck finding it though; most places I've been to don't even have it. Although, if you play on PC, there IS a way around this... although I'm not at liberty to say HOW on these forums publicly... *cough*

The_Pew
Jun 30, 2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the AotI expansion is pretty much mandatory for full enjoyment of the game. Good luck finding it though; most places I've been to don't even have it. Although, if you play on PC, there IS a way around this... although I'm not at liberty to say HOW on these forums publicly... *cough*

I actually snagged my copy at a flea market of all places. I've seen some copies on sale over eBay and craigslist.

Ranmo
Jun 30, 2009, 02:44 PM
360 is good. Theres usually uni 1 full with uni 2 generally almost full on an average day. You need the original disc to play though, while the expansion is Downloadable Content from the Marketplace. Like a few otheres posted. AoTI is needed in order to get the full PSU experience. As for low levels its really not bad. A pal of mine just joined the game about 5 days ago and was soloing first because he thought the same about low level parties, but once he found out that getting a C party is pretty easy I think I see him Online everytime I get on and spamming White Beast...

@lk3m1zt
Jun 30, 2009, 03:21 PM
Is there a good leveling guide? Cause I wouldn't have any idea what to do now.

The_Pew
Jun 30, 2009, 05:07 PM
Is there a good leveling guide? Cause I wouldn't have any idea what to do now.

No need for any guides. Just head on over to the G.R.M. Shop on Parum and select Innocent Girl from the lady at the counter. The enemies are high level but have reduced health, so it shouldn't prove too difficult.

Jago6
Jun 30, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hello Fellow Gamers. I haven't been on PSU for over a year and a half (1.5yrs). I'm thinking about re-joining. Well... what's the cap limit now? Also are there some noobs here willing to help me out when or if I join? If so let me know.

cApNhOwDy
Jun 30, 2009, 11:37 PM
You shouldnt bother subscribing.

The_Pew
Jul 1, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hello Fellow Gamers. I haven't been on PSU for over a year and a half (1.5yrs). I'm thinking about re-joining. Well... what's the cap limit now? Also are there some noobs here willing to help me out when or if I join? If so let me know.
It was recently raised to 160, there are a handful of lower level people around. I'm one of them.

You shouldnt bother subscribing.
I disagree. Phantasy Star Universe has a lower subscription price both in both monthly and bulk compared to World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, and Final Fantasy XI. It also doesn't take hours to progress through the content or find a group/party.

PhdChristmas
Jul 1, 2009, 01:24 AM
I really am interested in PSU I've been a fan of PSO on GC and PSOBB for a long time. Should I bother subscribing though? I feel like I would be so far behind that people probably wouldn't even play me. What would I be able to look forward to if I subscribed again? What is more popular PC/PS2 or 360? I did play back when PSU was released I left I guess people just kept farming that dragon boss and I got bored.

:-?

PSU is very blank outisde of events. Just subscribe long enough to get all your PA's properly leveled and from there on only subscribe during event months.

Powder Keg
Jul 1, 2009, 02:40 AM
If you think you're going to have fun, go for it.

Make some friends online and exchange cards, otherwise it's tough to find a party outside of whatever the hot spot is.

SEVENDUST
Jul 1, 2009, 06:38 AM
I disagree. Phantasy Star Universe has a lower subscription price both in both monthly and bulk compared to World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, and Final Fantasy XI. It also doesn't take hours to progress through the content or find a group/party.

Thats so true. i also play Warhammer Online on my PC and i some times feel like the only player in the whole god dame world map playing.. it can take ages to party up, and you need to its alot easy to rank up. but on PSU i get into a party in 30 seconds

Yunfa
Jul 1, 2009, 01:10 PM
DO IT! SUBSCRIBE! SELL YOUR SOUL TO SEGA! Like i did....huuuuuuur hur hur

Ranmo
Jul 1, 2009, 02:25 PM
PSU isn't all that bad. It has its bad times but realistically what game doesnt? Excluding events the game can be pretty fun but depending on what you do it can get repetative, but if you make some good friends and do misions of old etc. The game can be really REALLY fun. As for the subscription. 10 bucks is cheap, plus if you are on xbox and also have a gold membership the prices combined are barely a few bucks over the cost for WoW...but of course you don't need gold. I'm just trying to say its cheap nonetheless