PDA

View Full Version : PS2 HUD skin to the PC?

PSULilly
Jun 30, 2009, 08:57 AM
I want my PC version of PSU to look like the PS2 Version, want it Becuse i uses a PS2 Controller ^^
so is there any Patch or something like that?

ashley50
Jun 30, 2009, 09:14 AM
huh...?

Volcompat321
Jun 30, 2009, 09:17 AM
Set on low graphics?

RadiantLegend
Jun 30, 2009, 09:21 AM
No you do not want it to look like ps2

Just get you a ps2 adapter for the PC. Radioshack "used" to sell it but I heard they discontinued selling it. Try your luck or just get a logitech controller.

Ezodagrom
Jun 30, 2009, 09:24 AM
Probably asking if this:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5647/hudt.jpg
can be replaced with the PS2 one (replacing the arrows with the PS2 buttons).
I don't think that's possible.

PSULilly
Jun 30, 2009, 10:01 AM
Probably asking if this:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5647/hudt.jpg
can be replaced with the PS2 one (replacing the arrows with the PS2 buttons).
I don't think that's possible.

Thats Exaktly what i ment.
I do belive its possible but probable not yet ^^; but i tought i should ask jusst in case

Volcompat321
Jun 30, 2009, 10:05 AM
Why would you want to?
I don't even pay attention to that lol.
You can change the options to NOT have those arrows there. (does it confuse you or something?)
Just don't see why you want it to look like PS2.

Dhylec
Jun 30, 2009, 11:56 AM
Strange cosmetic reason.
I play on PC w/controller, so I use both the keyboard & controller to attack. Having those arrows there reminds me which keys to press when activating SUV is nice sometimes.

Volcompat321
Jun 30, 2009, 11:59 AM
I play with the PS3 controller....It has all the same buttons as a PS2 and works the same.
I guess for cosmetic reasons... I wasn't trying to be rude about it(I seemed a bit rude to myself after re-reading) I was just curious as to why it would really matter :D

Clunker
Jul 1, 2009, 01:52 AM
Hey, quick question Volcompat321:

Does AoTI come with the drivers to 'understand' the PS3 controller?
I've been running on a PS3 for years, but with the coming updates really only working for PC, was wondering how to properly use a Ps3 Controller on the PC.

(I'm Mac user, but there are various programs to allow running windows on it, so I'll eventually run in on my Macbook Pro)

PSULilly
Jul 1, 2009, 02:38 AM
I play with the PS3 controller....It has all the same buttons as a PS2 and works the same.
I guess for cosmetic reasons... I wasn't trying to be rude about it(I seemed a bit rude to myself after re-reading) I was just curious as to why it would really matter :D

Lolz :p well it dosent Really matter I jusst wanted the Visual Feel from the PS2 Game :D

Criss
Jul 1, 2009, 01:40 PM
Nah, Windows doesn't have drivers for PS3 controllers as it does for standard PC controllers, because obviously, that would give Microsoft one less advantage over their competitor's controller.

But there are some fanmade drivers for PS3 controllers out there. Search for something like PS3 controller driver or something similar on google, you're bound to find it. I don't think they support bluetooth (if your PC even has a bluetooth adaptor) so you need to keep it plugged with a standard usb cord.

Volcompat321
Jul 1, 2009, 02:12 PM
Nah, Windows doesn't have drivers for PS3 controllers as it does for standard PC controllers, because obviously, that would give Microsoft one less advantage over their competitor's controller.

But there are some fanmade drivers for PS3 controllers out there. Search for something like PS3 controller driver or something similar on google, you're bound to find it. I don't think they support bluetooth (if your PC even has a bluetooth adaptor) so you need to keep it plugged with a standard usb cord.

Vista or XP 32-bit (http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-use-ps3-controller-vista/)
(thanks for giving us this link DreX)V
Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3/ps3-dualshock-3sixaxis-x64-windows-7-drivers-now-available/)
The Windows 7 one is a bit of a hassle, but works amazing once you get it going.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
Vista or XP 32-bit (http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-use-ps3-controller-vista/)
(thanks for giving us this link DreX)V
Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3/ps3-dualshock-3sixaxis-x64-windows-7-drivers-now-available/)
The Windows 7 one is a bit of a hassle, but works amazing once you get it going.

And a quick note, last I checked there are no working PS3 controller drivers for Vista 64.

Totori
Jul 2, 2009, 05:06 PM
I believe there is one look for Sixaxis Driver that should work for all games that support controllers I play PSU with it just fine

Randomness
Jul 2, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hey, quick question Volcompat321:

Does AoTI come with the drivers to 'understand' the PS3 controller?
I've been running on a PS3 for years, but with the coming updates really only working for PC, was wondering how to properly use a Ps3 Controller on the PC.

(I'm Mac user, but there are various programs to allow running windows on it, so I'll eventually run in on my Macbook Pro)

Drivers are completely unrelated to PSU. For the most part, hardware and its drivers is solely the realm of the OS. Once you get it working, all games should recognize it.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 3, 2009, 02:32 PM
PSULilly- If you were asking about modding the game's HUD beyond what options Segac allowes....no there are no mods. Mostly because Segac considers any type/form of mod to go against the ToS and a bannable offence. Stupid...yes....but it IS segac were talking about you.

Clunker
Sep 20, 2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry for the thread necro -

Finally got WinXP on my Macbook, and I've even gotten Aoti functioning.

Dl'd that driver (at a different link) Volcompat mentioned.

Would anyone care to share which button #s should corrospond to PSU's gamepad categories?
I'm having a rather confusing time setting it so that the Ps3 buttons act as they had while using
my Ps3 (1st gen version with ps3 BC).

Halp?